8 Pages<<678Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:58:44 AM(UTC)
Is there anyone here who can tell us what is going on, and what is happening with the comps?!

Edited by user Monday, May 18, 2020 1:00:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#177 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 2:57:22 AM(UTC)
Gamertag: MackzGamer101
Car: 2003 Renault Sport Clio V6
Description name: RENAULT-JDM
Paint type: RealWorld Original

[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/6acf15b7-6b63-4111-bb1e-5edba87ffec2][/img]

[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/eb10bc9b-0dee-4d6c-bcec-eb0afe3dfb9c][/img]

[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/c0de6420-a1d1-4466-bc32-80398ec5effa][/img]

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 2:59:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#178 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:54:41 AM(UTC)
I hope this gets noticed and properly considered.

The new "most likes" idea is NOT ideal. First off, it means submissions have to be entered AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE to have the most people that view it, and therefore increase likes. A slopped together livery with 1000 likes but only 5% of people like it is going to score better than a livery with 50 view but 90% of people like it? How is that fair? Additionally with twitter follower count can have a huge impact with biased votes. A new account with 5 followers isn't going to get nearly as many votes as someone with thousands of follows who tells everyone "go like my post". Heck anyone could spend $5 and buy enough likes to skyrocket to the top of the list. Plus how is twitter vs forum likes even weighted? Equal amounts from both would be promoting posting your livery wherever would has less submissions, and combining them all and taking the most likes promoted posting your livery wherever has the most people. There's no fair or logical way to use two different user bases on two different platforms judge the same thing fairly.

This new judging method not only skews the results, but stops some of the BEST work from even being CONSIDERED. I am far from the skill level of some of the painters here, but I think many would agree with me when I say I believe all those who put in a big enough effort to make a submission should be given a chance.

Might as well add that I think only a 7 day feature isn't too great. There are some REALLY bad designs that have been featured for YEARS because they were simply the first to post and the livery finding mechanic is next to useless for finding good designers. This contest is a way to find those good designs and GET THEM TO PEOPLE, and a mere 7 days instead of the previous unlimited time is greatly dampening that benefit. Even a 30 day or 90 day feature would make it much better and possible give it time to gain traction.
#179 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 10:43:43 AM(UTC)
I think I agree with you on the judging system there but as for the featured designs, I think 7 days is fine, at the very most maybe 14 days tops.

As for the featured ones that have been up for years, it's just the most downloaded/like ones. It's helpful for new players to the game just looking to slap on a new design. If people really want another more designs just search using the 2 keyword search options, or better yet type in something specific into the description.

tbh it's just a bit of a pain to search for a new/interesting design that way but at least we have that option. (Also I think whatever keyword you use it will show the most downloaded/liked at the front of the search)

Glad they're starting up one of the contests at least. I"ve been waiting for photo contests forever... I have way too many photos just waiting to be judged.
Just my two cents.
8 Pages<<678Prev

Notification

Icon
Error