3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:32:43 PM(UTC)
I'm likewise very disappointed that we don't have the ability to create a custom music station. It's baffling that it's not present since it seems like a really easy thing to implement using OneDrive, and since the user supplies the music they should be the ones responsible for ensuring that they're not streaming/sharing music they don't have the appropriate licensing for (however, given the insanity around music copyright protection I wouldn't be surprised that they would go after MS for something clearly not their fault since they have more money than a given user would). Like has been mentioned, if using a built-in streaming feature, simply don't stream the music regardless of the source.

Hopefully something like this will come in a future update.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:48:23 PM(UTC)
Remember in PGR2 where you could not only create a custom playlist, but it also had a DJ for it just to add to the immersion? That was a original Xbox game, too. I miss Bizarre Creations.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 9:25:57 AM(UTC)
Why not play music through your hard drive? Many games do this. They have a "Music" folder where you just drop your mp3 files. Others find the mp3 files automatically. It's not rocket science. It was a available even back in the PS3/360 gen. Heck, even back in the PS1 days you could listen to your own custom music in some games. I don't understand going through the hassle of those inferior online music streaming services.

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2018 9:33:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
#29 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 11:50:51 AM(UTC)
This is one I'm really hoping for, would be nice if they surprise us at launch.
 2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:30:14 AM(UTC)
Is there anyway to play my own music playlist or connect a steaming service how FH3 had with GROOVE MUSIC? Hearing music that I actually like listening to makes the game 10 x's better
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:56:42 PM(UTC)
Yes Custom music needs to be added, I wouldn't mind DJ Intervals in between songs for events, However we need an option to listen to different music. Especially if your playing this for an extremely long time/ don't like the current Selection of music. Burnout Paradise had the option, heck even GTA 5 has the option on PC.

Don't tell me it's licensing issues because If I purchase the song on Itunes and have it on my hard drive then it's my right to listen to it, and if I can listen to that song while working out/ fishing... whatever then I should be able to listen to it while playing a game. It's the exact same thing.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:32:55 PM(UTC)
Very dissapointed to not see any feature of Groove music , spotifi or whatever easy app we can just launch in game when changing radio station for playing our own music.. I really hope they add this. Never remove feature that was already there in first place.

I know groove music is old now but it still working in horizon 3
Why no petition ? when It need to happen
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:43:13 AM(UTC)
HI guys, can u create your own musiclist or sync spotify with the ingame "stereo"?
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:12:46 PM(UTC)
Add custom radio please! No Spotify, no other. Just stream from OneDrive
AMD FX 8320
MSI RX580 8 Gb
16 Gb DDR 3
#35 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 12:51:05 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 1:20:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 6:22:10 PM(UTC)
Was really happy with FH3. Listened to my own music playlist while driving round Australia unlocking Festivals and locating barn finds etc. My own playlist I used for when Dj’ing at an event or for my own radio show, So was really listening and checking tracks are good n clean. Just bought FH4 today really disappointed can’t even get my money back, no custom music mixed into the game, forget the four seasons in the UK I’m going back down under - Goodnight.

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2018 6:28:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:09:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DJ GEE Man Go to Quoted Post
Just bought FH4 today really disappointed can’t even get my money back, no custom music mixed into the game

Sooo you're saying that because of no custom radio station (something that was never said to be in the game) you're trying to refund the game? XD
Maybe just play your playlists in your car in real life if it's so important?
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 9:01:45 AM(UTC)
Radio OFF -> Spotify ON -> Thread CLOSED
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:10:02 AM(UTC)
I would also like to be able to listen to streams of local radio stations
User is suspended until 6/23/2046 2:48:08 PM(UTC)
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:50:46 PM(UTC)
FH 4 have one of the worst soundtracks i even heard in any game genre.

Timeless channel is fine, but the others doesen't have any variety. It's like you hear the same song over and over again.
And there is no radio channel with adrenaline kicking music which is a must in a game with radio channels.

Grand Theft Auto 4 is the only game ever which had music for several music tastes, and not just 2.. Classic and hip hop.

Google Music/Spotify integration in FH 4 would solve the music problem.

Anyway. Turn off the music and use only car engine sounds instead.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:50:24 AM(UTC)
What is needed is an audio Mixer (system-level app) that would allow you to chose audio sources as streams to add into any application or game. MUCH more functional and would allow for all kinds of integration for future apps. If you needed to change channels/streams or levels/mix you could hit the big X on the controller and do that there. Not even that hard to program this in. Just lazy developers or lack of imagination.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:34:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WhitBuck2 Go to Quoted Post
What is needed is an audio Mixer (system-level app) that would allow you to chose audio sources as streams to add into any application or game. MUCH more functional and would allow for all kinds of integration for future apps. If you needed to change channels/streams or levels/mix you could hit the big X on the controller and do that there. Not even that hard to program this in. Just lazy developers or lack of imagination.

You can do this if you are a Spotify user on Xbox. There's a mixer built-in to the OS UI when you hit the X on the Xbox controller. You need to start both Spotify and FH4.

#43 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:16:53 PM(UTC)
There's another way to get car audio and your own music in the game if you listen through a headset.

You just need to have any music device with a mic out 3.5mm jack, a Y-splitter (headphones and microphone), and a plain 3.5mm cord.

Just plug the Y-splitter to your controller, in the headphone slot of the splitter plug in your headset. Then attach one end of your plain 3.5mm cord to the mic slot of the splitter and stick the other end in your music player. Your voice chat becomes your music, if nothing is playing open an xbox party and turn on mic monitoring. If the quality is bad just re-sync your controller to your Xbox.

Works well if you have a bunch of AIFF and WAV or other large audio files, then you can also play anything if you connect to a computer.
#44 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 11:55:44 AM(UTC)
I found Spotify working fine with Xbox One X by setting Streamer Mode on which silences other music in game.

That said, what happened with Groove music (Which was Microsoft service they decided to discontinue) can happen with any other service too including Spotify. That's why I think feature to play music from hard drive would be preferable.
#45 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 3:53:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kyletheinilater Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one here who thinks that turning off the in-game music and cranking spotify in the background separate from the game is not to much of a hassle?

Exactly what i do, so easy and i don't care that doesn't play in the festival. Im not fussy like that. Start Spotify up, bang some tunes on and off i go. done.

#46 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:31:30 PM(UTC)
I'm fussy about the festival.
#47 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:08:47 PM(UTC)
I wish it could have spotify in forza horizon 4
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 7:36:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WhitBuck2 Go to Quoted Post

Curious why you bumped a 5 months old thread to suggest something the Xbox already has? Use any background audio capable app, (spotify, kodi, vlc, plex etc) play your music. Start your game. got to your music app in the xbox side bar. you can control the audio level of the music separately from the game, just be sure to turn off the in-game music.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:29:25 PM(UTC)
You know what's my favorite radio station? My "Liked Songs" playlist!

Spotify is easily the most progressive streaming company that likes collaborating with other brands. Xbox already has a Spotify app so, similar to Groove Music in FH3, linking your Spotify account with upcoming Forza titles can be straightforward. No need for complete features, just an in-game radio station that randomly streams your "Liked Songs" playlist. That's it. Simple!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:29:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:43:23 PM(UTC)
On Xbox you can use Spotify while playing Horizon, it’s not directly through the game like you wish for but you could still listen to your favorite playlist while playing. Just turn on streamer mode in game so it won’t play any in-game music.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error