9 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:18:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
Damn I thought, as a community, we were trying to get away from exclusive cars in Forza. I must have missed the moderated club memo on that one. 😉
I love the whole "as a community" thing.

I am a part of this community and quite like exclusive cars.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#77 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:21:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EldestStrela Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between Suits, gloves, basically clothing items vs cars? They are all "content". Why do you think one is OK to be exclusive while the other is not OK? Just asking here.




By the way, my nephew was born in 2005 and he start playing Forza games after FM5 and he is a huge fan of the series. He would be very disappointed if he would not get his favorite car because it's locked behind a higher tier


Well OK but did you know you can hit Tier 10 with just the Games on the Xbox One, I did and since I got me PC and Downloaded Apex If i want to I can hit Tier 11 only 500 to 700 points away So age or console has nothing to do with it, If a person started playing there first Forza game today and went through them 1 at a time starting with Horizon 1 and the Forza 5 Followed by Horizon 2 then Forza 6 Then Horizon 3 then Apex then Forza 7 and played hard they would hit Tier 11 so it dose not matter when you start or how old you are Any player can make at least Tier 10 or 11 before release with with only a Xbox One.

Like I have pointed out Forza Rewards are for Forza Rewards for Playing Forza Games.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:07:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I love the whole "as a community" thing.

I am a part of this community and quite like exclusive cars.



Do you also happen to be a part of the moderated club and/or Tier 12 in the Forza rewards system? (I can't tell because the website is still broken).

I'm mostly kidding.

But I can also picture the 35 page thread we would have if there were cars exclusive to Forza rewards, full of anger, sadness, and moderation.

But I digress, I'll leave you guys be. 😏

🇨🇦
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:20:17 PM(UTC)
Hey hey, KTVDS. Tier 12 fwiw and not moderated.

Just for clarity, I don't advocate exclusive cars for the Tier rewards. I do like exclusive cars, and in particular exclusive designs for completing tasks within the game.

I agree with your potential 35 page comment.. It doesn't take much to set off a tidal wave around here.

And, yes, I do very much understand where you are coming from. Healthy debate is good. Every post of yours I have read has been on point and respectfully made .
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#80 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:53:52 PM(UTC)
Come on, you all know no matter what, there is always gonna be that unhappy 35 page thread, and probably more than one on the same topic. I'm tier 12, I'm not moderated, just friends of that special group of, well, moderated users
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 11:34:51 PM(UTC)
OMG... you guys still bringing up more excuses?
You know... Turn10 and PlaygroundGames are such great companies. They so much care about their fanbase that they came up with some sort of virtual reward to make you feel a little bit special. To show they appreciate your comeback. But for some reasons (could it be greed and selfishness?) a tiny minority of you don't feel special anymore. You definitely don't care about other players (I do).
Imagine if a Tier12 car was a Mazda Rx7 or the Skyline R34? How many out there would be disappointed? Apparently you guys don't care. Life is not fair right? Why should a virtual world be different?
You are bringing up real life but you fail to see the problems with it. How would it look like if you came to your boss after 20 years and say boss, I don't want an extra week of vacation anymore nor your stupid watch, I have been working for so many years I demand a new car now? Silly right?
And there is another problem. Rendering and licensing any car cost time and money. It is far more complicated than rendering a T-shirt or a pair of gloves. Why would they spend so many resources to satisfy a tiny minority and at the same time upset a vast majority of their costumers? It doesn't make sense. Or does it?

Edited by user Friday, August 31, 2018 3:12:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#82 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 4:36:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post


But I can also picture the 35 page thread we would have if there were cars exclusive to Forza rewards, full of anger, sadness, and moderation.



Really it is going to happen as soon as they all get a good look at the Achievement's list people are going to have a fit as while there are some interesting ones and very easy there are some that will take quite some doing to get and some full on game time so yep it will Happen and guess what not a thing we can do to stop it,


But the Achievement's are what they are and those who chase them will be less than impressed once again.

And once the game drops Kaboom I for one do not envy the Mods one little bit.


And apparently Brand loyalty dose not mean dodo to some people now but I bet those same people still expect to get the rewards with out doing the work.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#83 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 7:47:48 AM(UTC)
If there one. I will get all rewards.

Edited by user Saturday, September 1, 2018 1:18:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 7:27:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EldestStrela Go to Quoted Post
OMG... you guys still bringing up more excuses?
You know... Turn10 and PlaygroundGames are such great companies. They so much care about their fanbase that they came up with some sort of virtual reward to make you feel a little bit special. To show they appreciate your comeback. But for some reasons (could it be greed and selfishness?) a tiny minority of you don't feel special anymore. You definitely don't care about other players (I do).
Imagine if a Tier12 car was a Mazda Rx7 or the Skyline R34? How many out there would be disappointed? Apparently you guys don't care. Life is not fair right? Why should a virtual world be different?
You are bringing up real life but you fail to see the problems with it. How would it look like if you came to your boss after 20 years and say boss, I don't want an extra week of vacation anymore nor your stupid watch, I have been working for so many years I demand a new car now? Silly right?
And there is another problem. Rendering and licensing any car cost time and money. It is far more complicated than rendering a T-shirt or a pair of gloves.


Why would they spend so many resources to satisfy a tiny minority and at the same time upset a vast majority of their costumers? It doesn't make sense. Or does it?


Because that tiny minority has purchased and completed nearly everything that Turn 19 has offered!!! O e does not get to be a tier 12 by buying or playing one Forza game it take all of them.
I have invested a decent amount of mo eye and a large amount of time to get to tier 12 and I will say enjoyed it very much. Pretty much every tier you advance you have spent another 60-100 dollars on another Forza game...pretty close to a game per tier. That being said a tier 12 is similar to 12 tier 1 players as the 1- tier 12 has spent as much as the 12- tier 1 players therefore although the minority, as you say, their spending is certainly not a minority.

This will be my last post on this as you will not convince me that you are right and apparently I will not convince you either even with a lot a examples. I think you would feel different if you were a tier 12 and you were the one getting the rewards for being loyal. I think it's more about you wanting what you want and no one else's opinion matters to you. There are many posts here from many loyal players and nearly all of them are in favor of the exclusive cars so I know I am not alone here....are you???



Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 12:14:42 PM(UTC)
I promised Alan I won't be posting here any more... and now I'm braking that promise.... my apologize to Alan . I want to say just one more thing. I know you guys don't believe me but I wont complain if they decide to go the exclusive car way. I will respect that decision and I will be quiet. You know, there are 450+ cars in the game which is more than enough for me. I don't believe I will miss that one car.
To make it more clear... I don't want to convince you guys... I want to convince the developers. ;)
P.S. I'm not alone here and I'm definitely not alone out there.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 1:48:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
If you don't care enough about the franchise to be there at the start, ready and waiting, don't expect to reap the Rewards.



What about those who are just getting into the series after discovering it recently? Younger players who weren't around for the earlier games? Etc etc

Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between Suits, gloves, basically clothing items vs cars? They are all "content". Why do you think one is OK to be exclusive while the other is not OK? Just asking here.



Because you can't drive a suit. A suit is just a cosmetic item, whereas a car is a lot more than that, especially in a racing game.

Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
I like the exclusive paints as it does not give a performance advantage for a car only Tier 12 players can get. Paints and designs are special ( a Thank you for your loyalty ) car that make me feel special for being a long time loyal player, without affecting my car's performance.


I'd be in support of exclusive liveries for a loyalty reward, or even something like a Forza Edition car provided everyone would still be able to get the base car.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 1:53:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
This will be my last post on this as you will not convince me that you are right and apparently I will not convince you either even with a lot a examples. I think you would feel different if you were a tier 12 and you were the one getting the rewards for being loyal. I think it's more about you wanting what you want and no one else's opinion matters to you. There are many posts here from many loyal players and nearly all of them are in favor of the exclusive cars so I know I am not alone here....are you???


I'm Tier 11, and played from FM3 onwards. I've "worked" for that tier. I've been "loyal", and I honestly would not care if everyone was able to get the exclusive loyalty rewards, I'd prefer that they could in all fairness. You surely all know my personal feeling on locked cars by now, I'd rather they weren't, frankly. If anything should be exclusive it should be cosmetic only, like a livery or an outfit.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#88 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 3:22:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
This will be my last post on this as you will not convince me that you are right and apparently I will not convince you either even with a lot a examples. I think you would feel different if you were a tier 12 and you were the one getting the rewards for being loyal. I think it's more about you wanting what you want and no one else's opinion matters to you. There are many posts here from many loyal players and nearly all of them are in favor of the exclusive cars so I know I am not alone here....are you???


I'm Tier 11, and played from FM3 onwards. I've "worked" for that tier. I've been "loyal", and I honestly would not care if everyone was able to get the exclusive loyalty rewards, I'd prefer that they could in all fairness. You surely all know my personal feeling on locked cars by now, I'd rather they weren't, frankly. If anything should be exclusive it should be cosmetic only, like a livery or an outfit.



It's not really exclusive if everyone gets it, now is it?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:03:25 AM(UTC)
I like your response CRracer.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:17:13 AM(UTC)
I just hope that I not miss out on Tier 12 rewards because the rewards system is broken....
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:25:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
This will be my last post on this as you will not convince me that you are right and apparently I will not convince you either even with a lot a examples. I think you would feel different if you were a tier 12 and you were the one getting the rewards for being loyal. I think it's more about you wanting what you want and no one else's opinion matters to you. There are many posts here from many loyal players and nearly all of them are in favor of the exclusive cars so I know I am not alone here....are you???


I'm Tier 11, and played from FM3 onwards. I've "worked" for that tier. I've been "loyal", and I honestly would not care if everyone was able to get the exclusive loyalty rewards, I'd prefer that they could in all fairness. You surely all know my personal feeling on locked cars by now, I'd rather they weren't, frankly. If anything should be exclusive it should be cosmetic only, like a livery or an outfit.


TransAmConnor,
I read your post that quoted me...however if you go back and read my post (#69) you will see that I also do not want locked cars. I would like to see exclusive paints on cars that only certain tiers can get but the cars should be available to all players either at launch or at a later date but everyone should be able to get all cars.
My statement of exclusive cars in the part you quoted me is meant for exclusive cars meaning the paints on that car not the car itself.

The post you quoted me on is one I posted after several posts including the #69 post to another forum member who does not fully understand what I am trying to express ( possibly from a small language barrier with no fault to anyone). If you read the entire thread you will see that he and I have corresponded several times with me trying to explain to him what the exclusive part is and he is not fully understanding what I am trying to say...again a language issue causing the confusion. By taking a post that was several posts into our discussion, what you are pointing out here is misleading as to how I feel. I do NOT want locked cars but I feel there should be some sort of an exclusive paint for the tier levels. The higher ones tier is the more impressive the exclusive paint should be and only that tier player should ever get these. The cars these paints are on should be available to all players but the paints should stay locked. There are many very good painters out there that can make a paint to look very similar to the exclusive ones so everyone should be able to get a very similar paint to the exclusive one but not the actual one.

If any cars are locked that is not fair to the players who it is locked for. Most cars have a unique performance trait in the game and any exclusive reward should not lock this performance trait behind a locked car but a paint has absolutely no performance variation to any car so that is why I would like to see the exclusive paints rather than exclusive cars.


We actually want the same thing here. Again all I was trying to do is explain this to the other forum member.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:32:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 10:04:15 AM(UTC)
I've read in this thread that exclusive cars should not be given based on Tier level. It is said that is not fair for lower tiers.

Let me use the following analogy: Before starting any race you can set difficult level. The more assists you turn off the more credits you receive. This is fair, isn't it? It's logical, you are doing a bigger effort, you receive more credits. Well, lets return to loyalty rewards. You have done a bigger effort to reach a high tier, cause it requires a lot of racing work. Then, why players doing a little work should receive the same reward as players that spent hours on Forza games and reaching high tiers? From my point of view, this wouldn't be fair.

The more you do, the better reward. Simple. Because of that it's called "reward", not "gift".

Cheers.
Enjoy Horizon!

P.D: And cars, we mostly can agree that its a real reward for your work, not cosmetic things.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 10:06:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 11:41:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
Again all I was trying to do is explain this to the other forum member.

It is me... again. I'm sorry, I apologize.. I made that stupid joke about real life... wasn't appropriate. I have read #69. It was a reasonable thinking... I understand that a car with exclusive livery is still an exclusive car. But if we put everything under Exclusive Cars category we will make even more misunderstandings. We don't want to do that. I certainly don't want to upset more members on this forum. So let's have a Healthy Debate about Exclusive Cars. I have a proposal to the developers... in fact, I have several of them to make some of you special again:

Exclusive Livery Cars: In my opinion is the most noticeable way of showing your higher Tier out there in the open world. It would require a reasonable amount of effort from the devs and still won't upset a large amount of other players (you can't satisfy everybody we all know that).

Exclusive Forza Edition Cars: Again IMO. Now this is the easiest(or the cheapest) way for the devs to make an exclusive car. The higher Tier guys will still get that special reward and there would still be a smaller collateral damage because you can still get the normal version of that specific car.

Exclusive Body Mods: Now here we are stepping into dangerous waters. If they lock a Liberty Walk or a Rocket Bunny Kit they will upset all the lower Tiers guys But there is a solution. For example they can still make a Gumball 3000 Audi R8 (with the coffin on the roof XD) or the Mini Rally Car (with the spare tire on the roof and additional lights on front). This would require a reasonable amount of effort from the devs and still make a higher Tier guy special again without damaging much lower Tier guys.

Exclusive Cars (Any base car and all it's counterparts (like FE cars, body mods versions, rally editions, drift editions ecc) included): Now this is a big NO,NO for me for many reasons. Not only you cut out all the lower Tier guys (including Tier11 or Tier10 guys who also put money and time into most if not all Forza games (again don't hate me Dan the Dartman it is not you I'm talking about) but you also making a very hard work on the devs part. They have to buy licenses and put hours of work scanning and modeling cars just to make some of you special. An there is also the problem of liking the specific car. If a Tier12 car was a simple Mitsubishi Galant , a Vauxhall Corsa or a Pontiac Aztec there will be a lot of higher Tier guys going MEH! On the other side if a Tier12 car was a Toyota Supra (I know you would like to :P) it would cause a huge uproar, people boycotting the game, Twitter and FaceBook accounts being targeted every single day. Nobody want that.

Sorry again for the papyrus and for my bad English... I'm trying my best. I just want to be vocal on this subject too. We all buying Racing Games because we love cars. That is also the reason why we feel passionate when it comes to locked cars.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 11:46:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/1/2046 11:05:43 AM(UTC)
#94 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:25:02 PM(UTC)
I like exclusive rewards. I'm probably not high enough to have earned any, but can appreciate the effort of those that have put in the time. I ❤️cars, give us cars, not apparel (I can go shopping for clothes!)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:41:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EldestStrela Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
Again all I was trying to do is explain this to the other forum member.

It is me... again. I'm sorry, I apologize.. I made that stupid joke about real life... wasn't appropriate. I have read #69. It was a reasonable thinking... I understand that a car with exclusive livery is still an exclusive car. But if we put everything under Exclusive Cars category we will make even more misunderstandings. We don't want to do that. I certainly don't want to upset more members on this forum. So let's have a Healthy Debate about Exclusive Cars. I have a proposal to the developers... in fact, I have several of them to make some of you special again:

Exclusive Livery Cars: In my opinion is the most noticeable way of showing your higher Tier out there in the open world. It would require a reasonable amount of effort from the devs and still won't upset a large amount of other players (you can't satisfy everybody we all know that).

Exclusive Forza Edition Cars: Again IMO. Now this is the easiest(or the cheapest) way for the devs to make an exclusive car. The higher Tier guys will still get that special reward and there would still be a smaller collateral damage because you can still get the normal version of that specific car.

Exclusive Body Mods: Now here we are stepping into dangerous waters. If they lock a Liberty Walk or a Rocket Bunny Kit they will upset all the lower Tiers guys But there is a solution. For example they can still make a Gumball 3000 Audi R8 (with the coffin on the roof XD) or the Mini Rally Car (with the spare tire on the roof and additional lights on front). This would require a reasonable amount of effort from the devs and still make a higher Tier guy special again without damaging much lower Tier guys.

Exclusive Cars (Any base car and all it's counterparts (like FE cars, body mods versions, rally editions, drift editions ecc) included): Now this is a big NO,NO for me for many reasons. Not only you cut out all the lower Tier guys (including Tier11 or Tier10 guys who also put money and time into most if not all Forza games (again don't hate me Dan the Dartman it is not you I'm talking about) but you also making a very hard work on the devs part. They have to buy licenses and put hours of work scanning and modeling cars just to make some of you special. An there is also the problem of liking the specific car. If a Tier12 car was a simple Mitsubishi Galant , a Vauxhall Corsa or a Pontiac Aztec there will be a lot of higher Tier guys going MEH! On the other side if a Tier12 car was a Toyota Supra (I know you would like to :P) it would cause a huge uproar, people boycotting the game, Twitter and FaceBook accounts being targeted every single day. Nobody want that.

Sorry again for the papyrus and for my bad English... I'm trying my best. I just want to be vocal on this subject too. We all buying Racing Games because we love cars. That is also the reason why we feel passionate when it comes to locked cars.


EldestStrela,
I am in total agreement of your 1st 2 options but prefer the 1st over the 2nd. I would prefer that your options 3&4 are not used. I don't want locked cars just the exclusive design on it. That way any performance from that car is available to any tier level but the reward paint design is locked for everyone but the tier who recieve it....hence no performance gain locked behind a car.

I know in the past Turn 10 has offered cars as rewards in the past and released them in a future car pack say 5 months later but that is not what I am asking for. Just an exclusive paint design and the higher your tier level the more detail and higher end paint design as would be expected.....similar to prestiging in a call of duty game ( every level you prestige your emblem gets more detail looks nicer)

Believe it or not we actually want the same thing...LOL

**** the reason I said another forum member was I wanted to respect you and not call you out.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:43:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:53:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Believe it or not we actually want the same thing...LOL

**** the reason I said another forum member was I wanted to respect you and not call you out.

I knew it from the start that you specified the Exclusive Liveries Cars. I made a mistake doing the real life joke. I had no intention of upsetting you in particular. That is why i quoted you only yesterday. I also call you out in the latest post just to make it clear that I'm not using your words on purpose again. I respect every one of you guys. I sound rude I know, but writing is not simple.. for me at least.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:42:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EldestStrela Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Believe it or not we actually want the same thing...LOL

**** the reason I said another forum member was I wanted to respect you and not call you out.

I knew it from the start that you specified the Exclusive Liveries Cars. I made a mistake doing the real life joke. I had no intention of upsetting you in particular. That is why i quoted you only yesterday. I also call you out in the latest post just to make it clear that I'm not using your words on purpose again. I respect every one of you guys. I sound rude I know, but writing is not simple.. for me at least.


We are good and I was not mad at you, I was more frustrated at myself for not doing a good job at describing to you what I meant. I also figured it was a language issue which is no ones fault. I hope you enjoy the game when you get it😃
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 4:30:31 AM(UTC)
As a Tier 11 player I would certainly welcome any sort of exclusive content. It's a nice acknowledgement for those who have been fans of the series for a long time.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:23:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
We are good and I was not mad at you, I was more frustrated at myself for not doing a good job at describing to you what I meant. I also figured it was a language issue which is no ones fault. I hope you enjoy the game when you get it😃

You can bet it! I will enjoy every last bit of it. I will keep my self busy with FH2 till than. I have just finished my third final on the main island so it's time for some heavy weather.. storm island, here I come.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#100 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:59:18 AM(UTC)
I'm tier 12 and like the idea of Loyalty Rewards. But I see no reason for them to be exclusive entirely. I think a simple solution for this is to give people their tier Rewards and have them extend for say 6 months. After that the car should be available either as a Forza dealer specialty purchase or a forzathon event. That way people still have to earn them but they have access to them. those of us that have work hard get get to be the first to drive around in them for a period of time. This seems to cover all the bases.

I mean, I like a reward for my efforts. But let's be honest, this is a game and there's no need to exclude people. If getting something that no one else gets in a game makes you feel good, you might need to reevaluate where you are in life.
9 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error