3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:09:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Ah I missed your links to the rules. I would read it, but then again you’re comparing a VIDEO GAME TO REAL LIFE RACING

You're comparing a relevant analogy to irrelevant one. I was just highlighting your error. I feel like I'm going to be doing that a lot if I keep talking to you.



How is comparing a video a game to a video game(stangs analogy) less relevant than your video game to real life analogy? Let me break it down why you’re wrong

Forza(video game/not real life racing)- no one dies or gets injured if someone hits your car
Formula 1(real life racing/not video game)- someone can die or get injured if someone hits your car

Because his analogy suggests that I want lower performing players banned from the game. I never said anything remotely similar to that.
What I said was players should be punished for trolling, just like they would be if they pulled that **** in a real race. I think most people enjoy the forza series because it offers a semi-realistic racing simulation experience and troll drivers ruin the enjoyment of other players and the overall experience.

Of course, if my posts upset you, I guess I can gather what type of player you are... your posts pretty much suggest the same thing about you.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:13:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Troll drivers are also bad for gameplay, problem is, I think half of them aren't even doing it intentionally. They just really suck at the game. Either way, there should be a punishment for it, like disqualification from the race.


I’m sorry, what were you saying?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:16:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
No, it's not a fact it's your opinion. There are people out there that troll people just because they can or because they think it's fun or are bored. It does not mean they aren't any good at the game.

I never said it did. I said bad players do this and you respond by saying, 'No, good players do this'? Fine, but bad players still do it.

Quote:
Again, punishing people who are just learning the game and may not know how to properly race, is not a solution. If anything, it will just make them frustrated and not want to play the game.
They can play in other modes to practise, such as single player or co-op and if they're genuinely learning, there should be no reason for them to be punished. I'm not sure why you think punishing troll drivers means punishing learning players. Unless learning players are ramming other cars off the track and generally being a jerk, there's no reason for them to be penalised.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:17:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Ah I missed your links to the rules. I would read it, but then again you’re comparing a VIDEO GAME TO REAL LIFE RACING

You're comparing a relevant analogy to irrelevant one. I was just highlighting your error. I feel like I'm going to be doing that a lot if I keep talking to you.



How is comparing a video a game to a video game(stangs analogy) less relevant than your video game to real life analogy? Let me break it down why you’re wrong

Forza(video game/not real life racing)- no one dies or gets injured if someone hits your car
Formula 1(real life racing/not video game)- someone can die or get injured if someone hits your car

Because his analogy suggests that I want lower performing players banned from the game. I never said anything remotely similar to that.
What I said was players should be punished for trolling, just like they would be if they pulled that **** in a real race. I think most people enjoy the forza series because it offers a semi-realistic racing simulation experience and troll drivers ruin the enjoyment of other players and the overall experience.

Of course, if my posts upset you, I guess I can gather what type of player you are... your posts pretty much suggest the same thing about you.


Disqualification is being banned from the race. So I can’t really see your argument. If you want to enjoy actual real racing maybe, go out and actually race? You probably won’t. So maybe stick to FM, OR buy AC or iR. If you take Horizon seriously then you should seriously throw your game away.

And again, this is a VIDEO game. By your logic I should be arrested if I kill someone in GTA. Online. Right? It’s illegal and frowned upon ingame.

And nah, I’m the type of player who’s tired of arrogant players like you.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:18:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Troll drivers are also bad for gameplay, problem is, I think half of them aren't even doing it intentionally. They just really suck at the game. Either way, there should be a punishment for it, like disqualification from the race.


I’m sorry, what were you saying?
It's certainly true in S2, but I see no excuses in lower classes.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:18:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
No, it's not a fact it's your opinion. There are people out there that troll people just because they can or because they think it's fun or are bored. It does not mean they aren't any good at the game.

I never said it did. I said bad players do this and you respond by saying, 'No, good players do this'? Fine, but bad players still do it.

Quote:
Again, punishing people who are just learning the game and may not know how to properly race, is not a solution. If anything, it will just make them frustrated and not want to play the game.
They can play in other modes to practise, such as single player or co-op and if they're genuinely learning, there should be no reason for them to be punished. I'm not sure why you think punishing troll drivers means punishing learning players. Unless learning players are ramming other cars off the track and generally being a jerk, there's no reason for them to be penalised.



LOL @ trying to compare single player AI to actual multiplayer.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:18:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post

Because his analogy suggests that I want lower performing players banned from the game. I never said anything remotely similar to that.
What I said was players should be punished for trolling, just like they would be if they pulled that **** in a real race. I think most people enjoy the forza series because it offers a semi-realistic racing simulation experience and troll drivers ruin the enjoyment of other players and the overall experience.

Of course, if my posts upset you, I guess I can gather what type of player you are... your posts pretty much suggest the same thing about you.


Yes, you did. Twice in this thread, not necessarily about banning them, but you implied that anyone who is less skilled than YOU, yes I went there, should be punished. It's not always trolling, as you said, but yet you throw everyone in the same basket of disqualification.

Your posts pretty suggest the kind of person you are as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:20:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:20:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Troll drivers are also bad for gameplay, problem is, I think half of them aren't even doing it intentionally. They just really suck at the game. Either way, there should be a punishment for it, like disqualification from the race.


I’m sorry, what were you saying?
It's certainly true in S2, but I see no excuses in lower classes.


There’s is an excuse. People are learning the games mechanics. And you can’t tell the difference between a troll and a learner. Maybe they have a smurf account? Maybe they just got the game. Either way, you’re completely clueless in what you’re talking about.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:24:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Disqualification is being banned from the race.

Yeah, 1 race. Not the whole game. You know what else is like being disqualified from a race? When a player picks up a 25k XP board. That's like disqualifying every other player from a single race. Double standards?

Quote:
So I can’t really see your argument. If you want to enjoy actual real racing maybe, go out and actually race? You probably won’t. So maybe stick to FM, OR buy AC or iR. If you take Horizon seriously then you should seriously throw your game away.

Will stop telling me what to do? I don't want your advice or suggestions. And I can say the same thing. If you don't take it seriously then throw your game away. Go play rocket league or mario kart. See how this works?

Quote:
And again, this is a VIDEO game. By your logic I should be arrested if I kill someone in GTA. Online. Right? It’s illegal and frowned upon ingame.

Yeah, well that is what actually happens. You kill someone in GTA, you get a wanted level and the police persue you. It's been a major feature since the very first iteration of GTA.

Quote:
And nah, I’m the type of player who’s tired of arrogant players like you.

Sure.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:26:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
LOL @ trying to compare single player AI to actual multiplayer.
What difference does it make if all you're doing is trying to learn to handle a car? That's the only excuse for being bad in a race is because you simply can't drive the vehicles, therefore the other drivers make no difference to your ability to practise.





Rank: D-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:29:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, you did. Twice in this thread, not necessarily about banning them, but you implied that anyone who is less skilled than YOU, yes I went there, should be punished. It's not always trolling, as you said, but yet you throw everyone in the same basket of disqualification.

Your posts pretty suggest the kind of person you are as well.

Only you implied that. I said players should be punished or penalised for disruptive gameplay. Whether they are trolling or badly skilled should be irrelevant, if they disrupt the gameplay they should face a penalty. The strange thing is, you think this will only affect lower skilled players and kigher skilled players never make mistakes and won't be subject to the same penalties.

Also you're ignoring that I said it could be a separate mode and also acting like disqualification is the only possible penalty

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:30:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:29:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Disqualification is being banned from the race.

Yeah, 1 race. Not the whole game. You know what else is like being disqualified from a race? When a player picks up a 25k XP board. That's like disqualifying every other player from a single race. Double standards?



It's not even remotely similar. That person found a 25k XP board and got it on the way to an event, unless the other players have already found it they have just as much as chance the get the board as the other player, they simply CHOSE not to, also what about people who drift or are better at getting skill chains than someone who just drives to the location? Should they get disqualified too?

Also, sure disqualification from 1 race, but how is that person supposed to get ANY better at ONLINE racing against real people and not pre-programmed AI if they are continually getting disqualified from races because they haven't quite learned how to drive the cars or race properly.

Also, how do you determine what's trolling from a mistake, such as missing the braking point or a controller dying during a race?
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:37:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
It's not even remotely similar. That person found a 25k XP board and got it on the way to an event, unless the other players have already found it they have just as much as chance the get the board as the other player

It still gives a player 25k XP which is the equivalent of a race win and the chance is not the same. I found all my XP boards in SP so how is it the same chance?

Quote:
also what about people who drift or are better at getting skill chains than someone who just drives to the location? Should they get disqualified too?

No, though maybe the skill chains between locations should be nerfed a bit.

Quote:
Also, sure disqualification from 1 race, but how is that person supposed to get ANY better at ONLINE racing against real people and not pre-programmed AI if they are continually getting disqualified from races because they haven't quite learned how to drive the cars or race properly.

They should learn to drive the cars and race properly.

Quote:
Also, how do you determine what's trolling from a mistake, such as missing the braking point or a controller dying during a race?

You don't. They should be equally punishable.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:46:39 PM(UTC)
Girls, can't we all just get along?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:01:12 PM(UTC)
I think if they base the championship on times and race win then they need to put a penalty system in for the wall rockets and griefers. At least with the championship based on XP earned thru skills and clean racing you don't have to be the fastest driver to win just a better driver. Now if you are a fast, clean driver with lots of skills you've got it made. Kinda what is says on the board during the online adventure. It's why I never worry about most people who show up in some V12 swapped D class car, chances are they are fast and can likely win the race but are awful driver who likely hit ever other driver and wall to the finish line. But seeing how long they even mentioned possibly implementing a penalty system in FM7 no ones seen yet I'll stick with the XP to win the online adventure.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:46:26 AM(UTC)
We can’t get along because it’s people like Munithe that’s turning forza toxic. It’s all good tho, his suggestions won’t get past this. Especially with how ignorant he is.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:50:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Disqualification is being banned from the race.

Yeah, 1 race. Not the whole game. You know what else is like being disqualified from a race? When a player picks up a 25k XP board. That's like disqualifying every other player from a single race. Double standards?

Quote:
So I can’t really see your argument. If you want to enjoy actual real racing maybe, go out and actually race? You probably won’t. So maybe stick to FM, OR buy AC or iR. If you take Horizon seriously then you should seriously throw your game away.

Will stop telling me what to do? I don't want your advice or suggestions. And I can say the same thing. If you don't take it seriously then throw your game away. Go play rocket league or mario kart. See how this works?

Quote:
And again, this is a VIDEO game. By your logic I should be arrested if I kill someone in GTA. Online. Right? It’s illegal and frowned upon ingame.

Yeah, well that is what actually happens. You kill someone in GTA, you get a wanted level and the police persue you. It's been a major feature since the very first iteration of GTA.

Quote:
And nah, I’m the type of player who’s tired of arrogant players like you.

Sure.



No, picking up a 25k xp board is not disqualifying others from the race since they still get to race.

It’s cute you take Horizon THIS seriously. However, no one plays it for hardcore racing. If you do, then you’re gonna have a bad time. Don’t get whats so hard to understand about that. If you don’t feel inclined to take any of our suggestions what makes you think other players, or the devs for that matter will take your cr@p suggestions?

I guess you missed the part about being Online. You have a lot of troubles understand analogies don’t ya bud?

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:06:49 AM(UTC)
Yeah, sooo... lol

Well to me, the biggest FH3 mistakes were catering to the more arcade type player. Throwing in fluff content, license plate and character customization, and novel, Hot Wheels pack, but not new things like drift upgrade path and drag upgrade path. New zones like Drag Zones. Anything to actually move the franchise forward, not take the appeal to the every gamer crowd strategy.

I understand wanting to expand the series popularity but selling out isn’t the way to keep a series strong. Again, just my opinion.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:11:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, sooo... lol

Well to me, the biggest FH3 mistakes were catering to the more arcade type player. Throwing in fluff content, license plate and character customization, and novel, Hot Wheels pack, but not new things like drift upgrade path and drag upgrade path. New zones like Drag Zones. Anything to actually move the franchise forward, not take the appeal to the every gamer crowd strategy.

I understand wanting to expand the series popularity but selling out isn’t the way to keep a series strong. Again, just my opinion.


don't think drifting and dragging is as big as drifters and draggers think it is and that a majority of players are just not interested in either of them
if they were that big there would have been a game made just with drifting and drags in it

ok make them optional in a game but don't force it onto everyone

Edited by user Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:07:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:04:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
We can’t get along because it’s people like Munithe that’s turning forza toxic. It’s all good tho, his suggestions won’t get past this. Especially with how ignorant he is.

How am I making Forza toxic? I make a simple suggestion and you blindly act belligerent towards me simply because you can. I like to play clean and I don't communicate in game so how can you call me toxic when you are the one jumping on an idea just because you don't like it. Even when I explain that the mode doesn't have to apply to everyone, you still just wanna rag on me for no reason. That is the very definition of toxic attitude, so look at yourself.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#46 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:08:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
No, picking up a 25k xp board is not disqualifying others from the race since they still get to race.

I said it was equivalent, which it is.

Quote:
It’s cute you take Horizon THIS seriously. However, no one plays it for hardcore racing.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself.

Quote:
If you do, then you’re gonna have a bad time. Don’t get whats so hard to understand about that. If you don’t feel inclined to take any of our suggestions what makes you think other players, or the devs for that matter will take your cr@p suggestions?

You haven't made any suggestions, all you've done is troll and give toxic attitude simply because you want to be antisocial on the internet. GG.

Quote:
I guess you missed the part about being Online. You have a lot of troubles understand analogies don’t ya bud?

What analogy? What are you refering to here?


Rank: S-Class Racing License
#47 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:38:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, sooo... lol

Well to me, the biggest FH3 mistakes were catering to the more arcade type player. Throwing in fluff content, license plate and character customization, and novel, Hot Wheels pack, but not new things like drift upgrade path and drag upgrade path. New zones like Drag Zones. Anything to actually move the franchise forward, not take the appeal to the every gamer crowd strategy.

I understand wanting to expand the series popularity but selling out isn’t the way to keep a series strong. Again, just my opinion.


don't think drifting and dragging is as big as drifters and draggers think it is and that a majority of players are just not interested in either of them
if they were that big there would have been a game made just with drifting and drags in it

ok make them optional in a game but don't force it onto everyone


We’ll have to agree to disagree about it not being popular enough. Both would be extremely popular if someone would actual put effort into making either worth playing. Both are beginning to get some attention from turn 10, the Experimental Drag in FM7 and Drift stuff mentioned in FH4.

I fully believe that if these types of racing were well implemented there would be an enormous gain in folks actually playing it.

And for the record, in absolutely no thread on here have I ever asked or implied that anyone should be forced to do what they don’t want to do. Ya don’t wanna drag or drift, cool. Don’t. For the many of us that do, it’s time that there was effort made to make that possible.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:52:52 AM(UTC)
Really hope for better PI balance, in Horizon 3 you could just go with an AWD + high power build and smoke the competition.

I feel like they need to seperate each class into two categories, one for cars with high power + high weight and one for cars with lower power but low weight and many suspension/tyre upgrades.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:50:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

[quote]Also, how do you determine what's trolling from a mistake, such as missing the braking point or a controller dying during a race?

You don't. They should be equally punishable.



If you think their should be some sort of penalty against those who miss a braking point, or have controller die on them...you're seriously delusional. What sort of mental gymnastics did you have to do in order to come to that conclusion? Missing a braking point, is a simple, honest human error.. It's a perfectly normal thing to have happen.. You're coming up to a corner and decide you can late brake into the corner, but you misjudge how much distance there is to said corner, while carrying too much speed and end up crashing into something, causing someone to rear end you or vice-versa. I'm not going to bother addressing punishing someone for their controller dying during a race..

Seriously though, I'd love to know why you think it'd be okay to punish people for either of the above mentioned things.
"Men with guts attack those corners!"

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:43:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeedingCow8947 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

[quote]Also, how do you determine what's trolling from a mistake, such as missing the braking point or a controller dying during a race?

You don't. They should be equally punishable.



If you think their should be some sort of penalty against those who miss a braking point, or have controller die on them...you're seriously delusional. What sort of mental gymnastics did you have to do in order to come to that conclusion? Missing a braking point, is a simple, honest human error.. It's a perfectly normal thing to have happen.. You're coming up to a corner and decide you can late brake into the corner, but you misjudge how much distance there is to said corner, while carrying too much speed and end up crashing into something, causing someone to rear end you or vice-versa. I'm not going to bother addressing punishing someone for their controller dying during a race..

Seriously though, I'd love to know why you think it'd be okay to punish people for either of the above mentioned things.

Because you chose to drive recklessly and caused a crash. It might be an error of judgement, but it was your fault for driving badly and causing the accident. Whether it was a mistake or intentional should make no difference, if you don't want to be penalised, then you should make an effort to avoid penalisiation. It's funny you call me delusional for suggesting this idea, when such penalties already exist in the game. When you miss a checkpoint, you are penalised. This can also be caused by human error or a disconnected controller. So you are saying the game devs are delusional for including this feature in the game. Perhaps you can make your own thread and explain to the devs why you think they are delusional. I personally feel it's unfair that a player is punished for being pushed out of a checkpoint, while the player doing the reckless and disruptive action is not.

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error