3 Pages123Next
 6 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 4:02:20 AM(UTC)
1. Please get PI weights correctly balanced. Heavier engine upgrade weights, lighter tyre upgrade weights.
2. Disqualification for reckless (troll) drivers.
3. Remove XP boards from online adventure.
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:07:24 AM(UTC)
of these the only mistake made was the PI balance of the V12 engine swap.
people who used the XP boards to their advantage were just smarter than the average bear!!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:09:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:31:58 AM(UTC)
Quote:
people who used the XP boards to their advantage were just smarter than the average bear!!

:)
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:49:42 AM(UTC)
No, it's not smart, it's a dumb mechanic. Kind of like when people get trophies for losing. I think it's called a particiaption trophy, that's basically what they are. A trophy for being bad.

Troll drivers are also bad for gameplay, problem is, I think half of them aren't even doing it intentionally. They just really suck at the game. Either way, there should be a punishment for it, like disqualification from the race.

Another problem is not knowing what race you're going into online and not being allowed to switch car unless you're in a car of the wrong class. Bad design.

Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
of these the only mistake made was the PI balance of the V12 engine swap.
No, all engine swaps are weighted too light and engine upgrades in general are weighted too light in comparison to others. Tyres are weighted way too heavily, it leads to a game where only cars driven in lower classes are crappy old cars with no brakes and plenty of room for 1500HP.

Ruins diversity and seems stupid that modern cars should perform so badly against old cars just because they have modern features such as tyres made of rubber instead of wood.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:52:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:05:05 AM(UTC)
I agree with both sides. Engine upgrades are weighted too light and tire upgrades too heavy. It's not just a case of the V12 swap being op though it was. As for XP boards in online adventure, I think that's fine. Brings more strategy into it imo.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:08:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post

Troll drivers are also bad for gameplay, problem is, I think half of them aren't even doing it intentionally. They just really suck at the game. Either way, there should be a punishment for it, like disqualification from the race.

So people should be punished because they aren't as good as you? All of your arguments are invalidated because of that argument. Find people of your skill level and race with them, don't punish who maybe just got this as their first racing game and are still getting used to the mechanics.

This is like banning people from playing Battlefield or COD online just because they get killed more than other people and don't have a positive K/D.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:09:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:43:55 AM(UTC)
The biggest mistake was making all of the online series based on XP and not race time. You could goof off half the time and bank XP and get up to the top of the board without actually racing.

-k
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:45:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
So people should be punished because they aren't as good as you?

No, they should be punished for driving recklessly and disrupting gameplay. If i was a Formula 1 driver IRL and I started smashing other drivers off the track, do you think they're gonna let me keep driving?

Quote:
All of your arguments are invalidated because of that argument.

No they're not, you just made that up.

Quote:
don't punish who maybe just got this as their first racing game and are still getting used to the mechanics

If they get punished for their mistakes, they will learn faster. Hm... Maybe if I stop ramming people into concrete at 150mph, I won't get disqualified. See?

Quote:
This is like banning people from playing Battlefield or COD online just because they get killed more than other people and don't have a positive K/D.

No, it's nothing like that. Firstly, I never even mentioned banning people, I said disqualified from the race. Secondly, Forza doesn't have K/D ratio because guess what? Forza isn't about trying to kill people. Maybe if more players learned that, the game would be based more on skill rather than trolling. See how the punishment works to teach players to use skill, not kill.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:46:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:04:18 AM(UTC)
They need this feature in Motorsport not Horizon. As the series progresses, it looks like Horizon is getting more and more arcade-like. Cars will bump into things and each other. But still, let's see this come to FM.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:09:51 AM(UTC)
I don't have a problem with bumps and scrapes, that's expected. What I don't like is when players don't even attempt to take a corner and would rather pin other players to the wall or push them into a field or something. Maybe they can split online play into 2 groups or something. Group 1 is FFA like we have now, Group 2 is for clean racing and probably no playground games.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:11:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:40:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

So people should be punished because they aren't as good as you? All of your arguments are invalidated because of that argument. Find people of your skill level and race with them, don't punish who maybe just got this as their first racing game and are still getting used to the mechanics.

They don't do that even in Motorsport, certainly they would not in Horizon. lol
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:39:40 AM(UTC)
I don't have a problem with bumps and scrapes, that's expected. What I don't like is when players don't even attempt to take a corner and would rather pin other players to the wall or push them into a field or something. Maybe they can split online play into 2 groups or something. Group 1 is FFA like we have now, Group 2 is for clean racing and probably no playground games.

this tells me you haven't played much FH3.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:35:25 AM(UTC)

this tells me you haven't played much FH3.

How so?
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:07:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
The biggest mistake was making all of the online series based on XP and not race time. You could goof off half the time and bank XP and get up to the top of the board without actually racing.

-k

This is a big problem with FH3 and Online Adventures in general. Honestly I'd love some proper drifting only online adventures that are ghosted and leave standard online adventures to racing only.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:08:47 AM(UTC)
you can currently choose what kind of lobby you want to join whether it be collision or ghost, racing only or games only and a mixed bag of nuts!!

the only way you are getting "clean" racing is too gather plenty of friends to run a private online adventure.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 8/5/2021 6:13:24 AM(UTC)
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:32:57 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:38:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:33:10 AM(UTC)
you can currently choose what kind of lobby you want to join whether it be collision or ghost, racing only or games only and a mixed bag of nuts!!

the only way you are getting "clean" racing is too gather plenty of friends to run a private online adventure.

How can you have those options in a public game? I've never seen options for that stuff.

And sure, that's the only way you can get clean racing now because there isn't a mode which punishes bad gameplay, which is why I suggested there should be one, for people who want clean races. Making friends might be an option for Xbox players, but PC players are not allowed to communicate with others.

#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:40:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Wow. Really. Who would’ve though Forza isn’t a FPS game. Oh wait. Everyone, just like everyone gets the freaking metaphor he used. Funny enough, your F1 metaphor was way more off base than the COD one.
Then why do so many people wanna play it like it is one? Also, neither of those are metaphors, they're analogies. Learn vocabulary. And no, his analogy was completely irrelevant. Mine wasn't.
https://www.formula1.com...tocol_and_penalties.html
See? Rules for racing against people.

Quote:
Deal with the crashes. Stop playing the games(or game for that matter) if it annoyed you that much. People hitting XP boards unintentionally makes them “suck at the game”? Sound logic(sarcasm).
Don't tell me what to do, I'll play however I want. I never said people who hit XP boards suck at the game, I said it's stupid that they appear in a competitive online mode (along with forzathon XP rewards). Although now you mention it, most people who hit the boards do actually suck at the game.
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:45:01 AM(UTC)
Wow. Really. Who would’ve though Forza isn’t a FPS game. Oh wait. Everyone, just like everyone gets the freaking metaphor he used. Funny enough, your F1 metaphor was way more off base than the COD one.
Then why do so many people wanna play it like it is one? Also, neither of those are metaphors, they're analogies. Learn vocabulary. And no, his analogy was completely irrelevant. Mine wasn't.
https://www.formula1.com...tocol_and_penalties.html
See? Rules for racing against people.

Quote:
Deal with the crashes. Stop playing the games(or game for that matter) if it annoyed you that much. People hitting XP boards unintentionally makes them “suck at the game”? Sound logic(sarcasm).
Don't tell me what to do, I'll play however I want. I never said people who hit XP boards suck at the game, I said it's stupid that they appear in a competitive online mode (along with forzathon XP rewards). Although now you mention it, most people who hit the boards do actually suck at the game.

Thank god you read it before I edited it out because coding is not my forte right now.

Regardless, who exactly is going around trying to kill people? What because you got hit a few times? Lame argument.

“Don’t tell me what to do I’ll play however I want” double standard much? If you can play however you want why can’t others? Because it annoys YOU? Get over yourself. No one is pandering to you.

Hitting an XP board which increases total game completion now means they suck? What kind of world do you live in?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:01:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Auto correct is hard

#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:46:45 AM(UTC)
Ah I missed your links to the rules. I would read it, but then again you’re comparing a VIDEO GAME TO REAL LIFE RACING
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:52:07 AM(UTC)
Regardless, who exactly is going around trying to kill people? What because you got hit a few times? Lame argument.

It's not an argument, it's a fact. Bad players troll other players because they suck at the game. It's a fact, everyone has seen it.

Quote:
“Don’t tell me what to do I’ll play however I want” double standard much? If you can play however you want why can’t others? Because it annoys YOU? Get over yourself. No one is pandering to you.

No, it's not a double standard. You're being outwardly belligerent and I don't have patience for you. I don't need you to tell me how to play and I'm not telling others how to play either. So yeah... get over yourself.

Quote:
Hitting an XP board which increases total game completion not means they suck? What kind of world do you live in?

I don't know what you're trying to say at this point.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:53:37 AM(UTC)
Ah I missed your links to the rules. I would read it, but then again you’re comparing a VIDEO GAME TO REAL LIFE RACING

You're comparing a relevant analogy to irrelevant one. I was just highlighting your error. I feel like I'm going to be doing that a lot if I keep talking to you.

#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:57:54 AM(UTC)

You're comparing a relevant analogy to irrelevant one. I was just highlighting your error. I feel like I'm going to be doing that a lot if I keep talking to you.

How is comparing a video a game to a video game(stangs analogy) less relevant than your video game to real life analogy? Let me break it down why you’re wrong

Forza(video game/not real life racing)- no one dies or gets injured if someone hits your car
Formula 1(real life racing/not video game)- someone can die or get injured if someone hits your car

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:00:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:58:35 AM(UTC)
I feel sorry for you if you can’t decipher simple auto correct.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:07:09 PM(UTC)

It's not an argument, it's a fact. Bad players troll other players because they suck at the game. It's a fact, everyone has seen it.

No, it's not a fact it's your opinion. There are people out there that troll people just because they can or because they think it's fun or are bored. It does not mean they aren't any good at the game.

Again, punishing people who are just learning the game and may not know how to properly race, is not a solution. If anything, it will just make them frustrated and not want to play the game.

The only way to get better is to keep racing, not getting disqualified every race.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error