This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
72 Pages<<707172Prev
#1776 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:41:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
I hate how with Forza games the car sounds always sound like 2 different samples being mixed together. You can hear 2 engines simultaneously. Annoying. The more you listen, the easier it is to hear. Then you can't unhear it.

I took a strange liking to it. I remember EA did it to create upgraded sounds in NFS Carbon.

I'm (not?) surprised people noticed this only now, though. I'd even say the majority of the sounds in the game are like this and, make no mistake, in the 360 games it was like this as well, you had (lots) of "base samples" and they would mix the sounds for different cars. I can spot BMW in the Aston Martin DB5 and Audi in the Delta S4, for example. I even think the highly praised R8 sound is an Audi V8 sound layered with a V10 of some sort (which is not inaccurate, because that's what the engine actually is).

Difference being that sound relies a lot on artistic direction, which recently Forza has shown a complete lack thereof, and leads us to bizarre things such as a 2000GT that sounds like a Hudson Hornet or a Supra A70 which doesn't feel too far off a diesel-powered car with its low-pitched sound. Or maybe even the Celicas sharing an engine and sounding completely different from one another.

im not hoping for any improvement in FH4 or future games, gran turismo and forza switched places and now forza is the bad sounding one...
#1777 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:01:26 AM(UTC)
Right - so the fact that this thread is still going means what? That they'll improve a few things here and there in FM7 or introduce improvements in FM8?

OR - mess everything up again and then proceed to fix it one month at a time?

They should bring back Nick Wisewell's team.

Honestly, I'm more excited about GT7 than any Forza game at the moment.
#1778 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:01:34 AM(UTC)
Right - so the fact that this thread is still going means what? That they'll improve a few things here and there in FM7 or introduce improvements in FM8?

#1779 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:05:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post

what are you smoking? nick wiswell still works at T10: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-wiswell-403a183/
 4 users liked this post.
#1780 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 7:05:02 AM(UTC)
Most eneginesounds are sampled way too low. Take the Toyota 200GT; rev it to its 8k+ shiftpoint and it still sounds like some lazy 3.5k

I know I`m a purist but this takes a lot of the emotions out of driving & racing. 6k in a V8 is an angry sound, not the sleepy noise that most engines make in all Forza-games.
TThe 7.0 litre Ford (GT40Mk2) is an exeption, it sounds allmost as it should do.

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 5:03:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gt: fairlane305
 3 users liked this post.
#1781 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:30:16 AM(UTC)
Shame on you PG, making us use the 99 Viper with its awful sound.
Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 11:56:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 8/8/2020 7:11:34 AM(UTC)
#1782 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:19:24 AM(UTC)
I usually let things slide with games, because they’re games, but absolutely trashing the V10 sound between H3 and H4 is my biggest gripe with this game. Someone awhile back said it sounds like a bullfrog, and that couldn’t be more accurate. I thought they would change it, but nope.
#1783 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:55:04 PM(UTC)
Zenvo TSR-S sound isn't awful, but I feel like they went a bit heavy on the higher frequencies and a bit light on the bass. I know where they got the sound for this. It sounds like a remix of the Formula Drift Vette with a load of extra high frequencies piled on top for no good reason. :/

Edited by user Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:16:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1784 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:05:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TollovFoldal Go to Quoted Post
Most eneginesounds are sampled way too low. Take the Toyota 200GT; rev it to its 8k+ shiftpoint and it still sounds like some lazy 3.5k

I know I`m a purist but this takes a lot of the emotions out of driving & racing. 6k in a V8 is an angry sound, not the sleepy noise that most engines make in all Forza-games.
TThe 7.0 litre Ford (GT40Mk2) is an exeption, it sounds allmost as it should do.

MY HERO!

Indeed, that's the problem. 1992 Supra has this problem as well. Tons of others do but these are the most recent that come to mind.

Not a bad thing to be a purist when it comes to this. ;)
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#1785 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:17:42 PM(UTC)

They sound and feel like V8s in limp mode with very poor throttle response. It's gross.
#1786 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:57:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

MY HERO!

Indeed, that's the problem. 1992 Supra has this problem as well. Tons of others do but these are the most recent that come to mind.

Not a bad thing to be a purist when it comes to this. ;)

being a purist will just make you disappointed - expect the worst, live with the worst. Its not getting better.
 1 user liked this post.
#1787 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 11:24:32 PM(UTC)
Shame on you PG, making us use the *place 90% of the cars in the game here* with its awful sound.

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 11:57:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1788 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 1:01:46 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

TOYOTA MR2 GT AND CITROEN DS3 RACING HAS THE SAME ENGINE SOUND!!! VIDEO PROF:

https://youtu.be/pqC_8uqclJg

Yeh, two different cars with two different ENGINES but equal sound
Comparasion in Full Screen 0:00 and Split-screen 1:56
The engines are different as the cars, the MR2 GT has a 2.0L Inline 4 Turbocharged engine, it revs 8000RPM, produces 241bhp and it was made in 1995.
While the DS automobiles DS 3, has a 1600L Turbocharged engine. It procudes 200bhp, redline at 7000RPM and it was made in 2010.
So nothing here is similar. Why Forza Developers keep both with the same ENGINE NOISE? It doesn't make any sense.
The Toyota Celica GT-4 is very similar too with this two cars, but it has a small diference.

Edited by user Saturday, July 11, 2020 8:04:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1789 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 2:25:13 AM(UTC)
I wonder if FH5 will also have wasted potential and just a heavy focus on visuals...
72 Pages<<707172Prev

Notification

Icon
Error