73 Pages<<6970717273PrevNext
#1751 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 3:32:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
I don't knoiw why they tinkered with the mixing so much. It was good in FH2 to begin with, improved in many ways in FH3, with a few issues here and there.

Even in FM5 and 6, I found the mixing on the mids, highs and lows almost perfect. But they just had to muck it up in FH4 and FM7. Only dev teams can understand these strange, non-sensical decisions.

Would it be possible that they've lost access to the old assets... permanently? (data damage, etc.)

Not likely. I just think that somebody from the team must have left the team.
#1752 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 9:43:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
I don't knoiw why they tinkered with the mixing so much. It was good in FH2 to begin with, improved in many ways in FH3, with a few issues here and there.

Even in FM5 and 6, I found the mixing on the mids, highs and lows almost perfect. But they just had to muck it up in FH4 and FM7. Only dev teams can understand these strange, non-sensical decisions.

Would it be possible that they've lost access to the old assets... permanently? (data damage, etc.)

Not likely. I just think that somebody from the team must have left the team.

Nobody did, they experimented with the sound engine in fh4 making old sounds incompatible or theyre just too stubborn to agree to the fact they cant do good sounds now, the only person who left was a guy in early 2011 which copyrighted FM1,2,3 sounds, he then made his own company and then went to PD, no one left on the PG team
#1753 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 1:24:19 AM(UTC)
Yes - fairly certain myself that it's not the same team that worked on FH1 to 3 or even FM4 to 6.
#1754 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 2:08:07 AM(UTC)
Yes - fairly certain myself that it's not the same team that worked on FH1 to 3 or even FM4 to 6.

Its the same team, FH4 and FM7 just got rushed
#1755 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 2:26:11 AM(UTC)
It’s not really a problem I’ve come here to let you know. I’ve come here to let you know that I would like you to update the engine sound for the 1997 RX7 to make a more realistic sound. Thank you 🙂
#1756 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 8:57:23 PM(UTC)
Since I haven't really ventured toward the festival in FH4 in a while, I decided to tonight. The music there has much more bass ( so much so that it's distorted now ) so that leads me to believe that someone found out that the sound engine itself was wrong and corrected it. They've also updated some cars, but the majority getting the low end they should have had in teh first place happened due to this sound engine bug being worked out. Funny. This is what I said it was from the get go since it was a global problem.
#1757 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 10:10:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Since I haven't really ventured toward the festival in FH4 in a while, I decided to tonight. The music there has much more bass ( so much so that it's distorted now ) so that leads me to believe that someone found out that the sound engine itself was wrong and corrected it. They've also updated some cars, but the majority getting the low end they should have had in teh first place happened due to this sound engine bug being worked out. Funny. This is what I said it was from the get go since it was a global problem.

Couldve this been the case for FM7 too? I wonder if more bugs like this exist in both games
#1758 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 12:09:22 AM(UTC)
We all know the car sounds in horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 could be better. Basically I think that Forza should have an area for their fans to submit clips of their cars sounds from the interior, front and rear. Forza would list the requirements of what do to like how slowly to rev to the redline how long to idle the car to record the idle sound and the microphone requirements. In the folder or place to submit the recordings the cars brand model year and trim would need to be stated and there would be a folder of each type of car so it would be easier for Forza devs to go through. Also the submitter wouldn’t need to push their car over the redline the Forza team could just use pitch editing or something. I feel like this would be a great way to get the community involved in the game as well as fix a major problem killing Forza games.
#1759 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:55:27 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or intentional audio design by the team in both games, but there is far too much dynamic range and bass in the track/environment effects and not enough in the cars themselves. Players should feel the impact and power coming from their OWN car, rather than a thunderous racing environment with boomy bass. It's really ridiculous.

Listen to some of the V8 sounds in FM6, FM5 and H2 - some of the best they've made. Now there's far too much pitch and treble - the sounds in FH4 and FM7 need to sound powerful with realistic bass levels - not tiny with 'enhanced effects' that cause hearing fatigue when you turn up the volume.

I wish they hadn't rushed these games, they could have turned out beautifully in terms of sound, judging by what they had achieved in all past Motorsport and Horizon games.
#1760 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 1:22:48 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or intentional audio design by the team in both games, but there is far too much dynamic range and bass in the track/environment effects and not enough in the cars themselves. Players should feel the impact and power coming from their OWN car, rather than a thunderous racing environment with boomy bass. It's really ridiculous.

Listen to some of the V8 sounds in FM6, FM5 and H2 - some of the best they've made. Now there's far too much pitch and treble - the sounds in FH4 and FM7 need to sound powerful with realistic bass levels - not tiny with 'enhanced effects' that cause hearing fatigue when you turn up the volume.

I wish they hadn't rushed these games, they could have turned out beautifully in terms of sound, judging by what they had achieved in all past Motorsport and Horizon games.

FM6,5 and FH2 had terrible V8 samples (no forza ever got V8s right sorry), and Turn10 hires different sound employees on temporary contract for every game, thats why sounds are so inconsistent, all we can do is hope T10 didnt hire useless contractors for FM8 and FH5, i still have a feeling nothing will improve, ive lost all faith and expectation in forza
#1761 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:54:03 PM(UTC)

What's worse is that they put those sounds and the environment noise / road noise in the same channel in the audio mixer. How 'bout that helicopter in FM7? The rumble strip volume? It's all spectacularly mixed :/. I swear FH4 and FM7 were mixed in ear buds.
#1762 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 12:52:08 AM(UTC)
Yeah, it's just really poor mixing. it doesn't sound like a car game, but an arcade action game.
#1763 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 8:20:38 AM(UTC)
To start of with i think the game is just awesome with all the SFX in nature the graphics in the game, I mean...is just awesome but there`s a thing that cinda bother`s me. And that is that the cars dont have that rumbling sound,"the final touch of power", the sub is missing, the cars dont feel as powerfull as they are, and that`s a thing i wish highly for you to add. It would be awesome to feel the power in your hands of an "Range Rover Sport SVR" for example with that powerful deep, heavy and rumbling sound and it would be pretty cool for those with much bass in their headset/speakers. there is other cars to that i wish this for like the Ford Mustang 1969 model and mostly the cars that you want to feel the power in.
#1764 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 11:01:20 AM(UTC)
There are a lot of options when it comes to how to balance and sidechain compress the music's bass and the car's bass. Prioritizing the music over the car is probably the most mainstream thing to do. It would be nice to have advanced mixing options. Or separate audio outputs so you could run it into a DAW and mix it yourself :)
#1765 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:48:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post

FM6,5 and FH2 had terrible V8 samples (no forza ever got V8s right sorry), and Turn10 hires different sound employees on temporary contract for every game, thats why sounds are so inconsistent, all we can do is hope T10 didnt hire useless contractors for FM8 and FH5, i still have a feeling nothing will improve, ive lost all faith and expectation in forza

I think this is the straw right here that's been breaking the camel's back! They should stick with one in-house team that looks after all aspects of sound. That Nick Wisewell guy was really talented - I'm sure they regret losing him to this day.

To my ear, the low-quality and compressed samples of Assetto Corsa feel far closer to the actual cars than what they depict in Forza.

Originally Posted by: aspectGAMER4 Go to Quoted Post
To start of with i think the game is just awesome with all the SFX in nature the graphics in the game, I mean...is just awesome but there`s a thing that cinda bother`s me. And that is that the cars dont have that rumbling sound,"the final touch of power", the sub is missing, the cars dont feel as powerfull as they are, and that`s a thing i wish highly for you to add. It would be awesome to feel the power in your hands of an "Range Rover Sport SVR" for example with that powerful deep, heavy and rumbling sound and it would be pretty cool for those with much bass in their headset/speakers. there is other cars to that i wish this for like the Ford Mustang 1969 model and mostly the cars that you want to feel the power in.

Fm7 and Fh4 are my least favourite games to play in their franchise because of this. Proper sound mixing is absolutely critical in a car game but they thought they could get away with it this time. I literally feel like cussing at my amp and throwing it out the window every time I boot up these two games. I doubt if they will ever make the cars like the real versions in a Forza game. Clearly other stuff should be more important, according to the devs.

Edited by user Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:50:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1766 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:43:15 AM(UTC)

I think this is the straw right here that's been breaking the camel's back! They should stick with one in-house team that looks after all aspects of sound. That Nick Wisewell guy was really talented - I'm sure they regret losing him to this day.

To my ear, the low-quality and compressed samples of Assetto Corsa feel far closer to the actual cars than what they depict in Forza.

Fm7 and Fh4 are my least favourite games to play in their franchise because of this. Proper sound mixing is absolutely critical in a car game but they thought they could get away with it this time. I literally feel like cussing at my amp and throwing it out the window every time I boot up these two games. I doubt if they will ever make the cars like the real versions in a Forza game. Clearly other stuff should be more important, according to the devs.

nick wiswell didnt play that big of a role, plus he only did FM1 to 3 then left in early fm4 development to make his own sound company, then in 2015 joining PD. Turn10 also has outsourcing companies since FM4. also T10 has a permanent sound team (same people from fm4 to 7) but its too small for the the amount of cars. FM7 sounded bad because its budget was mostly blew out on technology and research to benefit future games aka FM8 and leaving a tiny budget and a smaller team dedicated to the actual game. FM7s sound engine was made by 2 fresh graduates in a very short time - so were the sounds (the engine was made so they can quickly make sounds synthetically). TL;DR: both FH4 and FM7 were rushed and "sacrificed" for future gen. trust me...we will get great sounds back, the whole xone gen was just a big stumble they just recovered from (in an interview by dan greenawalt the xone gen was full of "trial" and now theyre taking all they learned into the future)
#1767 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 10:01:52 AM(UTC)

Given what we've heard in the new sounds ( Supra, LFA, 65 Mini etc ), and the recent EQ balancing to older engines that's been going on, I don't think that engineering is going to be our worry in the next gen (might still have too much high frequencies, but just going to have to wait 'till the demo is out). I think, rather, that it will be tonal accuracy ( Both Supras don't feel totally right). Every new car added for some time now has a well engineered sound even if it is the wrong sound sometimes. There isn't one single car in the game right now that is too narrow, or totally lacks bass ( they could still be better, but since this audio fix went out they're bearable at least). Have you heard how the Cobra sounds now (A LOT more bass, but still not quite accurate)? I think it's pretty clear that they've noticed our complaints and are taking steps to fix the problem.
#1768 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 11:01:50 AM(UTC)

Given what we've heard in the new sounds ( Supra, LFA, 65 Mini etc ), and the recent EQ balancing to older engines that's been going on, I don't think that engineering is going to be our worry in the next gen (might still have too much high frequencies, but just going to have to wait 'till the demo is out). I think, rather, that it will be tonal accuracy ( Both Supras don't feel totally right). Every new car added for some time now has a well engineered sound even if it is the wrong sound sometimes. There isn't one single car in the game right now that is too narrow, or totally lacks bass ( they could still be better, but since this audio fix went out they're bearable at least). Have you heard how the Cobra sounds now (A LOT more bass, but still not quite accurate)? I think it's pretty clear that they've noticed our complaints and are taking steps to fix the problem.

All V8s except the modern vettes (1995 and up) lack rumble and a distinct V8 noise especially at low RPM. the cobra should be way more throaty, right now it feels very digital and generic. the Mk4 supra is accurate for a stock exhaust one, however the Mk3 is straight up a diesel - dont know what they thought making that one. if they ever update samples again it better be V8s too as even FM7 wins in that department over 4, the hellcat is bad, the coyote is disgusting
#1769 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:00:45 PM(UTC)
They don't lack rumble now I can assure you. They're still wrong, but bass is considerably better now than it was 2 months ago. Cobra now has almost as much sub as the R8. As do the new Ford GT and Porsche 918. Everything got hit with some kind of EQ balancing and stereo imaging fix. It's wasn't enough to put all the cars in league with the R8 / ID Zerouno V10, but they're nowhere near as bad as they were. Two more to check are the classic Dodge Challenger and Dart. The Hemis in those will make your subs move for sure. Regera is another that'll make the sub move. There's something going on in the audio dept. How far it goes we have yet to see, but I can tell that they're putting in some work.
#1770 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 11:38:13 PM(UTC)
They don't lack rumble now I can assure you. They're still wrong, but bass is considerably better now than it was 2 months ago. Cobra now has almost as much sub as the R8. As do the new Ford GT and Porsche 918. Everything got hit with some kind of EQ balancing and stereo imaging fix. It's wasn't enough to put all the cars in league with the R8 / ID Zerouno V10, but they're nowhere near as bad as they were. Two more to check are the classic Dodge Challenger and Dart. The Hemis in those will make your subs move for sure. Regera is another that'll make the sub move. There's something going on in the audio dept. How far it goes we have yet to see, but I can tell that they're putting in some work.

I didnt mean bass but the sample is wrong, cobras and older V8 should should sound similiar to what corvettes have now, even bass and EQ wont fix the terrible samples
#1771 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 11:04:34 AM(UTC)
The Pulsar uses a mix between the A45 sound and turbo rally, terribly innaccurate
#1772 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 2:51:58 PM(UTC)
I think they don´t care about the car sounds. They have to hire new audio director or something that have passion for cars.
#1773 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 11:01:03 AM(UTC)
Whatever team that works on motorsport 7 apparently cared. They changed a heap of sounds even though 7 is at the end of its life cycle. sure wish horizon would get that same love. One of the main reasons people buy cars is for how good they sound. If you take that away we dont want it anymore. Thanks for not Caring Playground.
#1774 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 2:01:49 PM(UTC)
I hate how with Forza games the car sounds always sound like 2 different samples being mixed together. You can hear 2 engines simultaneously. Annoying. The more you listen, the easier it is to hear. Then you can't unhear it.
#1775 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:18:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
I hate how with Forza games the car sounds always sound like 2 different samples being mixed together. You can hear 2 engines simultaneously. Annoying. The more you listen, the easier it is to hear. Then you can't unhear it.

I took a strange liking to it. I remember EA did it to create upgraded sounds in NFS Carbon.

I'm (not?) surprised people noticed this only now, though. I'd even say the majority of the sounds in the game are like this and, make no mistake, in the 360 games it was like this as well, you had (lots) of "base samples" and they would mix the sounds for different cars. I can spot BMW in the Aston Martin DB5 and Audi in the Delta S4, for example. I even think the highly praised R8 sound is an Audi V8 sound layered with a V10 of some sort (which is not inaccurate, because that's what the engine actually is).

Difference being that sound relies a lot on artistic direction, which recently Forza has shown a complete lack thereof, and leads us to bizarre things such as a 2000GT that sounds like a Hudson Hornet or a Supra A70 which doesn't feel too far off a diesel-powered car with its low-pitched sound. Or maybe even the Celicas sharing an engine and sounding completely different from one another.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
73 Pages<<6970717273PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error