74 Pages<<6869707172>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1726 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 2:13:45 PM(UTC)
I like how they do a sound update in FM7, some good sounding cars now, but don’t update FH4 sound. I hardly play FH4 now because the cars sounds are horrendous and when you copy the same car sound to other cars thats just laziness, but thats what you get in 2020
 1 user liked this post.
#1727 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:50:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Glad they didn't use the 95 GT2 sound for the 400R, but they should have used the Lego 911 sound for it instead of the Cayman GT4 / GTS. Still sounds good, but it's not right.

Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
I have a feeling they know and have access to a lot more than they let on.

It's just a grand mess, that's all - the inconsistencies between all their games.

For this reason, I am playing FH1 and 2 and FM5 and 7 only. They are consistent and offer good replay value. Sure, have gripes with FM7 but they improved it noticeably with updates. FH4, not so much.

At least some people have integrity, unlike others that make ridiculous statements they have no intention of following through with.

Oh I fully intend to quit if all instances of the 5.2L FSI V10 ( Huracan, Huracan P, Gallardo, and 5.2L V10 swap ) isn't updated to sound like the Audi R8 / ID Zerouno within the next 2 updates. I'm giving them some time to rectify the situation.

How's your memory?

I make that three updates. Now we'll see if you're a man of your word, I'm betting you aren't.

I can't wait to hear this months excuse.

Well, I've noticed some considerable improvement in new sounds so I decided that I'd give them more time. Got a good feeling that more sound improvements are coming due to their hiring of new sound designers, and the guy that did most the work in FH2 returning.

Hilarious! You couldn't lie straight in bed!

You never had any intention of quitting the game. You have zero credibilty.
#1728 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 5:36:10 PM(UTC)
I'm not going to be holding my breath as I honestly feel games like AC2 and PCARS3 will do a much better job of producing realistic car sounds.

I've tried PCARS2 briefly. The graphics are sub-par, and the car handling extremely weird to the point of being almost unplayable for me.

1 user liked this post.
#1729 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:43:47 PM(UTC)

I had every intention, but I changed my mind. I'm not going to allow you to bait me either troll. Find another sucker.
#1730 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 6:15:52 AM(UTC)
I just won Ferrari 812 Superfast. And while its a nice one, that asthmatic engine sound is really annoying. I wasnt happy with Pista on last gear (too high pitched noise), but this one sounds much worse. Shame. :(
#1731 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:44:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jab CZ Go to Quoted Post
I just won Ferrari 812 Superfast. And while its a nice one, that asthmatic engine sound is really annoying. I wasnt happy with Pista on last gear (too high pitched noise), but this one sounds much worse. Shame. :(

It used to be a lot worse. Im noticing a great deal of low end improvements. Cars that had almost no lower mids and low end now do. 812 is among these cars ( tho it still doesn't sound great. Bit too much upper mids and high end in cockpit view).
#1732 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:49:16 AM(UTC)
So I'm noticing a great deal of improvements ( not new sounds, just better engineering). Audi RS4 and RS5, for example, now have much more low end and the shifters are considerably quieter ( stock engines ). Same goes for the Ferrari 812, FF, and, 360 CS, and GTC4 Lusso. Jaguar F-Type and XKR both sound a lot better. Aston Martin V-12s in the 2013 Vantage S, and 2012 Vanquish have also been improved. They're not new sounds, but the mixing and EQ has been improved. Porsche 918, and Ford GT have also been improved. Sounds to me that they did to these what they did with the R34 RB26, and 57 Bel Air when Upgrade Heroes launched. Pretty cool imho. Not the best we could have gotten, but an improvement for sure.
#1733 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:02:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
I'm not going to be holding my breath as I honestly feel games like AC2 and PCARS3 will do a much better job of producing realistic car sounds.

I've tried PCARS2 briefly. The graphics are sub-par, and the car handling extremely weird to the point of being almost unplayable for me.

It is a strange game to get used to, I'll echo that. The steering feels very unnatural and cars feel odd going over curbs and especially when they start losing grip. Honestly, PCARS1 has better physics - sadly, I think they're still stuck in that NFS Shift handling model, believing it to be realistic.

FM7 actually has far more balanced and somewhat believable physics, compared to PCARS2.

Assetto is king, of course, nothing else like it on the market.

Originally Posted by: Jab CZ Go to Quoted Post

Right, crying shame. Despite the huge wall of complaints in FM7, they didn't resolve any of the sound issues in FH4, rather made them worse.

We're probably not getting FM5 level sounds in the next game because I think many people that did the older games are no longer with T10. Even to this day, I can't stand the sounds in FM7 and FH4 - they are an assault to my hearing - with the tiny, remote-control car sonuds and the "hsssssss" high-pitched effect to nearly every car in the game.

Forza 5 gentlemen. Makes my sound system sing like Pavarotti!

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:07:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1734 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:18:42 PM(UTC)
Dear playground games,

Carrera gt sounds great in forza motorsport 7 after the updates, so why not apply that sound to horizon 4?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:27:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1735 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:01:14 AM(UTC)

I had every intention, but I changed my mind. I'm not going to allow you to bait me either troll. Find another sucker.

Ignore him - he appears to be one of those "forum jackasses" with absolutely nothing positive to contribute or helpful for developers. Random trash the wind blows in. Ignore. :)

Originally Posted by: PearBear88 Go to Quoted Post
Dear playground games,

Carrera gt sounds great in forza motorsport 7 after the updates, so why not apply that sound to horizon 4?

I've gone back to FH1, 2 and 3 - and dear Lord, the cars sound glorious. Especially in 1 and 2. I also feel that the developers were a lot more passionate about representing cars in their games with these earlier products, especially 1 and 2.

FM7 does have some really fantastic samples for a lot of cars - unfortunately poor mixing does not utilize 5.1/7.1 surround channels properly for car sounds.

Edited by user Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:06:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1736 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 2:28:58 PM(UTC)
The new Supra is one of the better ones.
#1737 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 3:56:26 PM(UTC)

Nope its terrible, I've heard 2JZ-GTE's up close and in car and the one in the game is too low and doesnt cut it at all.
#1738 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 7:36:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToreDL87 Go to Quoted Post

Nope its terrible, I've heard 2JZ-GTE's up close and in car and the one in the game is too low and doesnt cut it at all.

The one in the game is a 1G-GTE.
#1739 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:25:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deeper Demons Go to Quoted Post

Really? Isn't it the same Supra they've featured in all older Horizon and Motorsport games - e.g. the 2JZ?
#1740 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:58:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deeper Demons Go to Quoted Post

Really? Isn't it the same Supra they've featured in all older Horizon and Motorsport games - e.g. the 2JZ?

He meant the Mk3 supra has the 1G, the mk4 2JZ sound in FH4 is accurate to full stock specimen (both exhaust and engine)
#1741 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:09:56 PM(UTC)

I meant, as in, it actually sounds like a car.

1 user liked this post.
#1742 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 12:22:13 AM(UTC)
FH4 is already stepping up their EQ/mixing game as majority of the list got better bass and EQ, i hope FM8 and FH5 will have FM6 level sound design/engineering, the samples werent great but their aggresivity, bass and roar made them great, if the new guy(s) keep doing these sound updates we might get fixed sounds in fh4, funnilly enough PG is scared to announce any changes as the new guy wasnt even welcomed on twitter and sound updates werent in patch notes
#1743 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 5:49:32 PM(UTC)
So I'm noticing a great deal of improvements ( not new sounds, just better engineering). Audi RS4 and RS5, for example, now have much more low end and the shifters are considerably quieter ( stock engines ). Same goes for the Ferrari 812, FF, and, 360 CS, and GTC4 Lusso. Jaguar F-Type and XKR both sound a lot better. Aston Martin V-12s in the 2013 Vantage S, and 2012 Vanquish have also been improved. They're not new sounds, but the mixing and EQ has been improved. Porsche 918, and Ford GT have also been improved. Sounds to me that they did to these what they did with the R34 RB26, and 57 Bel Air when Upgrade Heroes launched. Pretty cool imho. Not the best we could have gotten, but an improvement for sure.

How fortuitous!

Where can I find details regarding these updates?

#1744 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 6:46:34 AM(UTC)
Ok so the new guy isnt someone returning, he never worked on forza or even car games before, his linkedin history shows hes been at ubisoft and sony before going to PG
#1745 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 8:44:28 AM(UTC)
PGs fake sound advertising. They do this every. Time. Why not use that sound if they recorded it? Ridiculous and shocking how down forza went
#1746 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 11:44:36 PM(UTC)
I can't believe this dsicussion is still going on with ZERO input from any of the dev team members or lead moderators?

I was over their fake-EQ boosted sounds a long time ago and just stick to AC, FM7 on occasion and sometimes both PCARS games.

Did I mention how wonderful the bike sounds are in Ride 3? Especially the 1000cc superbikes and race bikes? Holy moly they've done their homework on the sound. Every developer can learn.
#1747 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 10:33:40 AM(UTC)

Ignore him - he appears to be one of those "forum jackasses" with absolutely nothing positive to contribute or helpful for developers. Random trash the wind blows in. Ignore. :)

Originally Posted by: PearBear88 Go to Quoted Post
Dear playground games,

I've gone back to FH1, 2 and 3 - and dear Lord, the cars sound glorious. Especially in 1 and 2. I also feel that the developers were a lot more passionate about representing cars in their games with these earlier products, especially 1 and 2.

FM7 does have some really fantastic samples for a lot of cars - unfortunately poor mixing does not utilize 5.1/7.1 surround channels properly for car sounds.

I agree that Forza Horizon 1 and 2 sounds are out of date, and not that "great". But Horizon 3 were perfect for me. Also, contrary to popular opinion, I do like most of the car sounds in forza horizon 4. But there are fewish cars that sounds horrible and unbearable.
Like 812 superfast, F50, Acura NSX, E60 M5, 918 spyder, all the subarus etc.

I hope we will get a sound update soon, and have a great weekend everyone. Sorry for my poor English. 🙋‍♂️

Edited by user Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:49:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1748 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 1:28:59 PM(UTC)
There was a rather large EQ balancing update that happened recently so that's a step in the right direction. Mostly just a buncha bass boosting, but I'm not mad at that. I do wish they'd tame the mids, upper mids and high end in cockpit view tho. That'd make me a happy camper 'till the next gen titles arrive.
#1749 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 11:55:03 PM(UTC)
^^ I don't knoiw why they tinkered with the mixing so much. It was good in FH2 to begin with, improved in many ways in FH3, with a few issues here and there.

Even in FM5 and 6, I found the mixing on the mids, highs and lows almost perfect. But they just had to muck it up in FH4 and FM7. Only dev teams can understand these strange, non-sensical decisions.
#1750 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:57:17 AM(UTC)
I don't knoiw why they tinkered with the mixing so much. It was good in FH2 to begin with, improved in many ways in FH3, with a few issues here and there.

Even in FM5 and 6, I found the mixing on the mids, highs and lows almost perfect. But they just had to muck it up in FH4 and FM7. Only dev teams can understand these strange, non-sensical decisions.

Would it be possible that they've lost access to the old assets... permanently? (data damage, etc.)

Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Not likely. I just think that somebody from the team must have left the team.

But even so there should be no need to mess with those "already working" old assets... right?

Edited by user Saturday, April 25, 2020 1:14:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

74 Pages<<6869707172>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error