This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
54 Pages<<525354Prev
#1326 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:40:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
More copy pasta in the CCGT. Direct from the Camaro ZL1 and Ford 350GT. I'm done with this team and it's apparent lack of caring about sound. While that V8 is engineered well, it's not anywhere near what the CCGT should sound like. Just... gross. :/

Did you expect Koenigsegg to let some game developers borrow a car they only made one of?
 1 user liked this post.
#1327 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 9:43:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post
Did you expect Koenigsegg to let some game developers borrow a car they only made one of?

As you have realized... the making of the sound of a vehicle doesn't necessarily involved with physical access to the vehicle.

This is also where the necessity of a good sound engineer comes.
#1328 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:02:01 AM(UTC)
More copy pasta in the CCGT. Direct from the Camaro ZL1 and Ford 350GT. I'm done with this team and it's apparent lack of caring about sound. While that V8 is engineered well, it's not anywhere near what the CCGT should sound like. Just... gross. :/

No, but I expected them to choose a better V8 than the one chosen. It's waaaay too tame for the car.
 2 users liked this post.
#1329 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:15:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post

As you have realized... the making of the sound of a vehicle doesn't necessarily involved with physical access to the vehicle.

This is also where the necessity of a good sound engineer comes.

This!

Look - let's not kid ourselves here. FM4 and 6 had a handful of cars. And most had their sound done right. At the time, they had some Caveizel guy working on FM4 and he's an expert known well in the game sound engineering industry. I'm sure his team did not have access to every single car in the game but they did such a wonderful job of faithfully recreating sound for each car, despite the console tech at the time.

In this day and age, and with the hardware they have, there's no excuse at all. They don't have to drive or rent every single car - they can spend a few hours reviewing the sound on each car via Car Review Videos, other POV videos, user reivew videos, or footage or races, high-speed flybys - possibilities are endless. Or just contact the manufacturer for some recordings.

If I can propose a solution from my keyword, they can certainly put in the legwork to get the sounds right. I researched the forums at length, and I have honestly not seen this many car audio complaints on any Forza games prior to Forza 6.
#1330 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:41:05 AM(UTC)
Guess they're never gonna get around to bringing the proper McLaren M838T engine sound into the game. Ah well, NFS has it right.
#1331 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 9:55:37 AM(UTC)
Guess they're never gonna get around to bringing the proper McLaren M838T engine sound into the game. Ah well, NFS has it right.

Mclaren sounds in AC and PCARS2 are top-notch.
#1332 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 2:09:16 PM(UTC)
I just don't understand how the majority of Horizon's cockpit view sounds can be so far off when the cockpit view is one of its biggest selling points.
#1333 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 9:47:37 PM(UTC)
I just don't understand how the majority of Horizon's cockpit view sounds can be so far off when the cockpit view is one of its biggest selling points.

I know, it is a shame. Forza is kind of reminding me how GT got off to such a great start and then became redundant because everything became just so generic and the cars lost their distinct character. Too much content, too many cars - this is exactly what's going to happen. From a technical achievement POV, especially sound-wise - I honestly thing FM5 and FH2 have been their best work to date. Anybody with a reasonably good sound system that's tuned and setup properly will say the same.

With that said though there are examples of good sound in both FM7 and FH4 - but they are so limited. Cockpit sound I much prefer in FM7, but not the tincan/hollow effect from cockpit cam in cars that don't have it IRL. Don't know why that's even a "thing".

Edited by user Saturday, December 7, 2019 9:50:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1334 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 4:17:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post

GTR2, man. The sounds are bloody awesome. Wish Forza allowed modding so people could upgrade the sounds via mods.
#1335 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 11:52:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post

GTR2, man. The sounds are bloody awesome. Wish Forza allowed modding so people could upgrade the sounds via mods.

Yah that isn't the same tho. Open world vs track. I have just about every racing game available. I primarily use Horizon for cruising and occasionally racing ( when I'm in the mood for the drivatars or players who can't seem to keep their cars to themselves. Pretty rare. ). NFS Heat gives me just about all I need atm.
#1336 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 7:45:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post

So I'm told! Hey, wasn't GTR3 headed to consoles in 2019 or something?
54 Pages<<525354Prev

Notification

Icon
Error