This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
54 Pages<<51525354PrevNext
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1301 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
I just want the RB26DETT to sound like this >> RB26
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1302 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:10:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Would suggest you stop caring about a non-issue.


'''Non-issue'', this is one of the most controversial topics of the forum. So let me explain, because your arguments indicate that you are or act too dumb to understand.

Since launch, it got pretty clear that PG had decided to downgrade sound development. Some examples: a severe lack of induction/engine/exhaust quality, great sounds of previous titles have been lost, there are cars with totally wrong engine sound files accorded to them and new sounds are shamelessly copy-pasted from other models without any care. Moreover, despite Turn10 provided Forza Motorsport with a rather large sound update, PG decides to completely leave (loyal) players in the dark and completely ignore support tickets and related forum topics and on the live streams.
For sure, not everybody is interested in sound development. However, this is a triple-A racing game, that should progress in every aspect.
Therefore, from my perspective, it's understandable and correct that new and loyal players show their disapproval on this forum, Reddit and youtube regarding this matter.


Rank: Racing Permit
#1303 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:03:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Even the P1 sounds like a Senna? What?!!

The P1 sounded and will sound like a 12C.
Always.




The 12C doesn't sound right in the game to begin with. Have you heard the 12C's sound in FM6, H2 or H3? That's quite close to the actual sound.

The P1 has a very distinct and unique note - a note that none of the modern Mclarens have. Watch some onboard videos on YT or play PCARS2 - they nailed the sound almost too well.

Originally Posted by: AcinoTheCheetah Go to Quoted Post
The game was realized more than a year ago, but '32 and '40 Fords still sound like having an inline-4 instead of V8, while Toyota and Honda Baja trucks are still sound like a V8 instead of V6.


It's a grand mess I know, but apparently it's not important to them. What a crying shame.

And who cares again?
It's just the same 2 people posting(whining) over and over and over again and again and again.
I would love this thread to be locked, as i wouldn't have to hear child-like whining anymore.



Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Originally Posted by: ZynAryane Go to Quoted Post
In my opinion the game need more check on that very little thing: the turbo sound
its difficult too hear
I mean in real life turbo's are Equal/more louder than the engine sound (Sometime not) yeah its a little peaky but when i'm cruising down at very low speed and i accelaration to 65/70 mph it miss a little bit of punch it sound boring a little and in ext cam the turbo are very very quiet close to impossible to hear
The only thing i see in sound on 10
10 is the normal sound put the sound of turbo's a 11-12 just for listening a little bit of more realistic sound and more coolish cruise/race/drift we need that

Thx for reading me


Their older games - as in ALL Forza games prior to FM7 and FH4 had very nicely balanced and unique car sounds. They roared and growled - they were loud, powerful and satisfying to hear, with some really nice forced induction effects.

I think they have maybe decided to focus the bulk of the hardware's strengths toward visuals.


I see no reason why car audio would take up a significant amount of recources. Even the power needed for realtime filtering is negligible.
They could have decided to put the majority of the development effort into visuals. Maybe the poor sounddesignes don't get much to work with and get little time to work on this.
Usually these things are a lot more complex though.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1304 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:44:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Would suggest you stop caring about a non-issue.


Do you say the same about your actual car when it doesn't sound right? No? I didn't think so. There are a good bit of people that play this game because it is the closest they'll get to driving a Hypercar and they want it immersive. ESPECIALLY in cockpit view. I am one of those people. I paid 100 bucks for this game and I want it to sound great on my calibrated high end home theater system. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER AAA TITLE I OWN.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1305 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:13:52 PM(UTC)
absoulately right, we need a sound patch of all cars
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1306 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 10:19:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Would suggest you stop caring about a non-issue.

'''Non-issue'', this is one of the most controversial topics of the forum.

No it isn't, the Seasonal posts and others gat WAY more activity than this thread.
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
Since launch, it got pretty clear that PG had decided to downgrade sound development. Some examples: a severe lack of induction/engine/exhaust quality, great sounds of previous titles have been lost, there are cars with totally wrong engine sound files accorded to them and new sounds are shamelessly copy-pasted from other models without any care. Moreover, despite Turn10 provided Forza Motorsport with a rather large sound update, PG decides to completely leave (loyal) players in the dark and completely ignore support tickets and related forum topics and on the live streams.
For sure, not everybody is interested in sound development. However, this is a triple-A racing game, that should progress in every aspect.
Therefore, from my perspective, it's understandable and correct that new and loyal players show their disapproval on this forum, Reddit and youtube regarding this matter.

Again, who cares?
The newest sound complaining video from Fastlanegaming (one of the guys that does this every few months or so) got 23.000 views, a quarter of his Subs.
7 Months ago, he got 300.000 views
A year ago, 850.000
Interest on this issue is at an all time low.
So, who really cares?
This Signature Exists.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1307 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 10:31:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sir iLex Go to Quoted Post

I see no reason why car audio would take up a significant amount of recources. Even the power needed for realtime filtering is negligible.
They could have decided to put the majority of the development effort into visuals. Maybe the poor sounddesignes don't get much to work with and get little time to work on this.
Usually these things are a lot more complex though.

Problem is, getting DRIVEABLE! access to these cars.
Example, you want a sound for a Bugatti, so you contact them and ask (this is really simplified) "Could we use your car for recording? We would also need to drive it around an airfield.".
They can say yes or no.
If they say yes, Congratulations, you can now record sounds
If they say no, you would have to find another owner of a Bugatti that allows driving their car on an airfield.
Second Example,
Lets say you want to record sounds for a popular Tuner Car (be it a Skyline, a Supra, an S15).
You would need to locate an untuned example of that car.
Then you would need to contact the owner (Be it Manufacturer or private) and ask these questions again.
They can say yes or no again
If they say no, you would have to locate another UNTUNED! example of said car.
Third Example
You want sounds for a very average car (Like a Opel/Vauxhall Astra)
First, you would need to find a pristine car (from a Museum or a Dealer)
Then that E-Mail again
Yes and No
If No, then locate another pristine car.
Again and Again, for over 500 Models.


This Signature Exists.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1308 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 4:42:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Would suggest you stop caring about a non-issue.

'''Non-issue'', this is one of the most controversial topics of the forum.

No it isn't, the Seasonal posts and others gat WAY more activity than this thread.
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
Since launch, it got pretty clear that PG had decided to downgrade sound development. Some examples: a severe lack of induction/engine/exhaust quality, great sounds of previous titles have been lost, there are cars with totally wrong engine sound files accorded to them and new sounds are shamelessly copy-pasted from other models without any care. Moreover, despite Turn10 provided Forza Motorsport with a rather large sound update, PG decides to completely leave (loyal) players in the dark and completely ignore support tickets and related forum topics and on the live streams.
For sure, not everybody is interested in sound development. However, this is a triple-A racing game, that should progress in every aspect.
Therefore, from my perspective, it's understandable and correct that new and loyal players show their disapproval on this forum, Reddit and youtube regarding this matter.

Again, who cares?
The newest sound complaining video from Fastlanegaming (one of the guys that does this every few months or so) got 23.000 views, a quarter of his Subs.
7 Months ago, he got 300.000 views
A year ago, 850.000
Interest on this issue is at an all time low.
So, who really cares?


I care, and have never viewed it on YouTube so that isn't even a good example.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1309 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:28:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post

Problem is, getting DRIVEABLE! access to these cars.
Example, you want a sound for a Bugatti, so you contact them and ask (this is really simplified) "Could we use your car for recording? We would also need to drive it around an airfield.".
They can say yes or no.
If they say yes, Congratulations, you can now record sounds
If they say no, you would have to find another owner of a Bugatti that allows driving their car on an airfield.
Second Example,
Lets say you want to record sounds for a popular Tuner Car (be it a Skyline, a Supra, an S15).
You would need to locate an untuned example of that car.
Then you would need to contact the owner (Be it Manufacturer or private) and ask these questions again.
They can say yes or no again
If they say no, you would have to locate another UNTUNED! example of said car.
Third Example
You want sounds for a very average car (Like a Opel/Vauxhall Astra)
First, you would need to find a pristine car (from a Museum or a Dealer)
Then that E-Mail again
Yes and No
If No, then locate another pristine car.
Again and Again, for over 500 Models.

Saying that they are undrivable are exaggerated, but the fact that they copy and paste some engine sounds across that many cars are simply lazy. Also, if that's the case you said then like why the Gran Turismo still sounds like that while being one of the most common sport cars out there, and those Hondas are just awful. Just admit it, they went downhill after their previous sound designer left for GT
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1310 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 7:29:25 AM(UTC)
[Mod redacted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:56:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

This Signature Exists.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1311 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 8:54:29 AM(UTC)
[Mod redacted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:56:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

This Signature Exists.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1312 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 10:39:58 AM(UTC)
The e92 M3 sounds way too high pitched
Veyron should sound different than Chiron
Hennessy venom I’ve heard in person and the sound is not accurate
Ford gt40 is missing it’s cam
Zonda just sounds terrible
McLarens all sound the same
Pagani huayra and huayra bc sound like a twin turbo aventador
Mc12 corsa sounds like a Laferrari with straight cut gears
There’s more but I’m too lazy
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1313 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 9:31:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post

Maybe, you should waste less money on audio equip, and more money on, you know, AN ACTUAL CAR!


Nah. Got enough already. Don't really feel like expanding my garage.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1314 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:19:12 AM(UTC)
[Mod redacted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:55:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1315 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:33:40 AM(UTC)
[Mod redacted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:56:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

This Signature Exists.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1316 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:12:46 AM(UTC)
Being the best already doesn't mean there's no longer the need for improvements.

Be it minor or major, easy to implement or not.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1317 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:18:21 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:52:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#1318 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:59:01 AM(UTC)
I will lock this thread if this hand-bags at dawn continues.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:59:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified



Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1319 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:30:25 PM(UTC)
Please don't lock the thread Dragnet - there are a handful of people here offering highly valuable constructive feedback. Like anyone who loves cars and racing games, we desperately want the car sounds in the game to at least come back to the same level as H1, H2, H3, Fm5, Fm6 at least - if not better.

An honest and friendly suggestion to the PG team: please take your time with development and work diligently to recreate each car's unique character. Limit the number of cars on launch, and release them slowly with updates as the sounds get nailed! Forza has almost everything I like in a racing game - but man, the way the cars sound just makes the experience feel flat and dull.

It's disappointing to know that I feel way more thrill and excitement playing the first 2 Horizon games. the cars just sound right and there's none of that silly copy/paste business across different cars or wrong car notes.

People invest in really good sound systems to enjoy their games too, not just movies or TV shows.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:35:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1320 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:41:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Please don't lock the thread Dragnet - there are a handful of people here offering highly valuable constructive feedback.


[Mod Edit - User and post removed - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:42:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

This Signature Exists.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#1321 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:58:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Please don't lock the thread Dragnet - there are a handful of people here offering highly valuable constructive feedback.

[Mod Edit - User and post removed - D]


[Mod redacted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:46:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1322 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:14:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Please don't lock the thread Dragnet - there are a handful of people here offering highly valuable constructive feedback.

[Mod Edit - User and post removed - D]


[Mod redacted - D]

[Mod Edit - User and post removed - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:46:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

This Signature Exists.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1323 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:31:50 AM(UTC)
https://www.roadandtrack...600lt-top-exit-exhaust/

Browsing car blogs, a whole short article dedicated to how awesome cars sound...
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1324 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:16:44 AM(UTC)
More copy pasta in the CCGT. Direct from the Camaro ZL1 and Ford 350GT. I'm done with this team and it's apparent lack of caring about sound. While that V8 is engineered well, it's not anywhere near what the CCGT should sound like. Just... gross. :/
Rank: Racing Permit
#1325 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:37:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
More copy pasta in the CCGT. Direct from the Camaro ZL1 and Ford 350GT. I'm done with this team and it's apparent lack of caring about sound. While that V8 is engineered well, it's not anywhere near what the CCGT should sound like. Just... gross. :/

"Fixing" of the engine sounds is much harder than other "more apparent" problems.

As the sound can be very abstract and it's highly subject to subjectiveness...



Meanwhile, there's another sound issue (the "more apparent" type) I don't know if you have realized. (once sent you a PM about it though nor do I know if you have received...)
54 Pages<<51525354PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error