This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
53 Pages<<50515253PrevNext
#1276 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:15:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
^^ If they can work so hard to create gorgeous visuals, they can certainly compliment them with real car sounds. It can be done, it's all possible in 2019, especialyl with the budget these guys have.

But they have been lazy since FH2 - so that means, there are other driving games out there for me to try and continue to appreciate them.

I would, but no other team does open world driving like this team does. They're 2nd to none in that arena.
#1277 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:14:10 PM(UTC)
Have not touched this game in months, went back to playing Horizon 2 and 3. I don't care how good the graphics are, or how many cars are in the game, if you ruin the engine sounds I will not play. And that goes for a lot of us. I have never wanted to refund a game more than this one. I heard the director said that "there is nothing wrong with the sounds" in a live stream, how ignorant and just plain dumb do you need to be to think we are all complaining for no reason?
#1278 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:09:40 PM(UTC)
removed

Edited by user Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:13:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1279 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:20:43 AM(UTC)
While I do appreciate that the Deberti F-150 is engineered well, I do not like that it sounds exactly like CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1. What's up with that? You've copy pasta'd that V8 to both Chevy and Ford vehicles. Camaro ZL1 has it. Ford GT350 has it. Now this. Idk what planet they live on where Ford and Chevy sounds exactly the same.
#1280 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:27:49 AM(UTC)
[removed]

My bad. It isn't the F150 raptor. My point remains about the engine sound tho.

Edited by user Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:37:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1281 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 4:56:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lemonlambda Go to Quoted Post
Have not touched this game in months, went back to playing Horizon 2 and 3. I don't care how good the graphics are, or how many cars are in the game, if you ruin the engine sounds I will not play. And that goes for a lot of us. I have never wanted to refund a game more than this one. I heard the director said that "there is nothing wrong with the sounds" in a live stream, how ignorant and just plain dumb do you need to be to think we are all complaining for no reason?

Yeah, and I think it kinda shows arrogance on their part and the whole "this will do" and "if it sounds right to me, then it is right" thing. These guys are plain ignorant and losing customers as a result of cheaping it on the sound.

I recently had a friend play H4 who goes to 600-1000HP drag races and highway pulls every weekend. He said the car sounds were a joke - even more embarrassing was that my Harmon Kardon sound system looks like a total joke with this game...

Like many other people here - I'm having a lot of fun with the first three Horizon games. The first two particularly have really brilliant car sounds.

#1282 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 5:14:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lemonlambda Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, and I think it kinda shows arrogance on their part and the whole "this will do" and "if it sounds right to me, then it is right" thing. These guys are plain ignorant and losing customers as a result of cheaping it on the sound.

I recently had a friend play H4 who goes to 600-1000HP drag races and highway pulls every weekend. He said the car sounds were a joke - even more embarrassing was that my Harmon Kardon sound system looks like a total joke with this game...

Like many other people here - I'm having a lot of fun with the first three Horizon games. The first two particularly have really brilliant car sounds.

Yeh it absolutely doesn't do my SVS system justice either. H1 and H2, however, sound great.
#1283 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 4:25:18 AM(UTC)
Did a check on few cars compared to their IRL version, while it's not 100% accurate sometimes it's on the right direction compared to previous entries, same sound director, maybe too much additional cars and no time to polish them all, overall Im satisified by most of sounds, cope with the minority here.
 1 user liked this post.
#1284 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 10:43:10 AM(UTC)
Pretty much all my cars sound like the same car.
 1 user liked this post.
#1285 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 11:36:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ggrocams Go to Quoted Post
Did a check on few cars compared to their IRL version, while it's not 100% accurate sometimes it's on the right direction compared to previous entries, same sound director, maybe too much additional cars and no time to polish them all, overall Im satisified by most of sounds, cope with the minority here.

Yeah, it's strange though isn't it? The SLS AMG and Audi R8 V10 plus for example sound downright brilliant. On the other hand, Huracan, Skylines, Viper, most modern American V8s: mehh.

And the copying/pasting is all over the place. This irks me big time. I hope they can go back to the Horizon1/Horizon2 philosophy.

"Take your time, but have the correct and distinct sound for each car"

Don't have time? Update the game post-release!

I'll say again: laziness and lack of motivation/inspiration.
#1286 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:31:46 AM(UTC)
PG, can you please explain why all the modern Mclaren road cars sound the same?

There's hardly any distinction between the 720S and others like 520S, 650S, 650LT, MP-12C, etc.

Even the P1 sounds like a Senna? What?!!

This is really getting irritating now - could you possibly patch this up please? Just use the real car sound, thank you!
 2 users liked this post.
#1287 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:19:43 AM(UTC)
In general, induction/engine/exhaust sound development got hugely downgraded. They even got rid of some of the great car sounds of horizon 2 and 3.
I don't know why either...

Apparently, emotes were more important..
 1 user liked this post.
#1288 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:03:34 AM(UTC)
I don't know about others, but it's infuriating. No amount of 4K or other silly nonsense in the game such as emotes and costumes will ever impress me if the car sound is lacking. Their last 3 Horizon games had superb car audio - I just don't understand the downgrades. Better technology is there, so why take steps back? Studio politics? This is precisely the thing that drives gamers away.
User is suspended until 11/20/2019 2:37:11 PM(UTC)
#1289 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:05:30 PM(UTC)

The P1 sounded and will sound like a 12C.
Always.

This Signature Exists.
#1290 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:53:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post

Always.

Yeh well the 12C in this game doesn't sound right either.
#1291 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:25:15 PM(UTC)
I could just be trippin, but I'm pretty sure the Skyline R34 got a lil bit of an update. It sounds beefier and more controlled in cockpit view ( turbo isn't sloppy and it actually makes my subwoofer rumble a bit). Several others got updated too. The Bel Air, Bentleys, and I think the Euro 6.2 swap is different ( listen to the LR Defender after it gets upgraded. I don't recall the 6.2 swap sounding like that for non-American cars). Could it be? Could they finally be listening? :-o
#1292 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:49:08 AM(UTC)
The game was realized more than a year ago, but '32 and '40 Fords still sound like having an inline-4 instead of V8, while Toyota and Honda Baja trucks are still sound like a V8 instead of V6.
#1293 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:32:16 AM(UTC)

Always.

The 12C doesn't sound right in the game to begin with. Have you heard the 12C's sound in FM6, H2 or H3? That's quite close to the actual sound.

The P1 has a very distinct and unique note - a note that none of the modern Mclarens have. Watch some onboard videos on YT or play PCARS2 - they nailed the sound almost too well.

Originally Posted by: AcinoTheCheetah Go to Quoted Post
The game was realized more than a year ago, but '32 and '40 Fords still sound like having an inline-4 instead of V8, while Toyota and Honda Baja trucks are still sound like a V8 instead of V6.

It's a grand mess I know, but apparently it's not important to them. What a crying shame.

Edited by user Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:33:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1294 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 4:01:53 PM(UTC)
In my opinion the game need more check on that very little thing: the turbo sound
its difficult too hear
I mean in real life turbo's are Equal/more louder than the engine sound (Sometime not) yeah its a little peaky but when i'm cruising down at very low speed and i accelaration to 65/70 mph it miss a little bit of punch it sound boring a little and in ext cam the turbo are very very quiet close to impossible to hear
The only thing i see in sound on 10
10 is the normal sound put the sound of turbo's a 11-12 just for listening a little bit of more realistic sound and more coolish cruise/race/drift we need that

Thx for reading me
 1 user liked this post.
#1295 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 4:07:07 PM(UTC)

Always.

The 12C doesn't sound right in the game to begin with. Have you heard the 12C's sound in FM6, H2 or H3? That's quite close to the actual sound.

The P1 has a very distinct and unique note - a note that none of the modern Mclarens have. Watch some onboard videos on YT or play PCARS2 - they nailed the sound almost too well.

It's a grand mess I know, but apparently it's not important to them. What a crying shame.

And who cares again?
It's just the same 2 people posting(whining) over and over and over again and again and again.
I would love this thread to be locked, as i wouldn't have to hear child-like whining anymore.

This Signature Exists.
#1296 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 12:42:33 AM(UTC)

Always.

And who cares again?
It's just the same 2 people posting(whining) over and over and over again and again and again.
I would love this thread to be locked, as i wouldn't have to hear child-like whining anymore.

Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Originally Posted by: ZynAryane Go to Quoted Post
In my opinion the game need more check on that very little thing: the turbo sound
its difficult too hear
I mean in real life turbo's are Equal/more louder than the engine sound (Sometime not) yeah its a little peaky but when i'm cruising down at very low speed and i accelaration to 65/70 mph it miss a little bit of punch it sound boring a little and in ext cam the turbo are very very quiet close to impossible to hear
The only thing i see in sound on 10
10 is the normal sound put the sound of turbo's a 11-12 just for listening a little bit of more realistic sound and more coolish cruise/race/drift we need that

Thx for reading me

Their older games - as in ALL Forza games prior to FM7 and FH4 had very nicely balanced and unique car sounds. They roared and growled - they were loud, powerful and satisfying to hear, with some really nice forced induction effects.

I think they have maybe decided to focus the bulk of the hardware's strengths toward visuals.

Edited by user Monday, October 28, 2019 12:45:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1297 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 7:04:04 PM(UTC)
Thank you for your input. It appears car sounds are not important to you in a **driving game**. I would humbly suggest that you refrain from adding any further thoughts to this thread, thanks.

Would suggest you stop caring about a non-issue.
This Signature Exists.
 1 user liked this post.
#1298 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 5:14:49 AM(UTC)

I know right. They should've locked this thread, cause every time someone brings it up it reminds me how f-ing lazy the sound team is.
#1299 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:02:57 AM(UTC)

It's pretty stinkin far from a non-issue. Audio is a key element in a racing game, and this game's audio is sub-par. By a LONG SHOT. We have the Ferrari F-140 that is primarily just engine drone and way too much wind noise. We have another instance of the Ferrari F-140 in the 812 Superfast that has entirely too much high end and almost 0 weight. There are so many audio issues in this game. [Mod redacted - D]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:58:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1300 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post

It's pretty stinkin far from a non-issue. Audio is a key element in a racing game, and this game's audio is sub-par. By a LONG SHOT. We have the Ferrari F-140 that is primarily just engine drone and way too much wind noise. We have another instance of the Ferrari F-140 in the 812 Superfast that has entirely too much high end and almost 0 weight. There are so many audio issues in this game. [Mod redacted - D]

The 812 Superfast sounds like the old Amiga games... where is the Bass? I think that the sound guy may be using a Bass booster on his PC so that we get no bass at all.
53 Pages<<50515253PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error