This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
54 Pages<<4950515253>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#1251 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 2:41:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Seriously ???

Get over yourselves.

I really can't get over the fact people want real life sounds exact as they are......

I do NOT race and enjoy FH4 purely on an engine sound.

How about some of the biggest whingers about it actually go and buy that car then complain (cue the BS artists).

Such a minor issue that detracts from the bigger picture.

That issue is being all you can be, smashing out PB's and records and beating that one perspn :0500 seconds ahead of you in Rivals.

This game is good, does what a majority want and doesn't reward laziness.

Some of you who complain a lot (like every chance you get at forums) should try and actually better yourself in a game that was designed around that exact reason.

I am by no means a top 10 driver but i do work towards it.

Hopefully.........

Happy Racing People. :)

Why should we not? You may not care, but we do. It is NOT a minor issue at all. They have a first person view so the vehicles should be as immersive as possible in that view given that they're using actual cars and not their own stuff based on actual cars. I'm not worried so much about accuracy as I am engineering. This game sounds like absolute trash on a properly calibrated surround system. This game sounds terrible in headphones. This game sounds terrible on very well calibrated studio monitors. It's engineered to only sound good on small speakers, and that just isn't remotely cool. The majority of the cars are in dire need of an update. I think that some form of regulation should be put in place by the manufacturers that states that the vehicles should adhere to a standard to keep them as true to the real things as possible within technological limitations. There are several instances of excellent engineering in this game and going from those to say an Aston Martin Vantage is extremely jarring.

A REAL racer will want to hear their engine instead of relying on BS graphical HUD nonsense. You do know that the majority of race cars don't have any radios or anything of that nature right?

As a matter of fact I just starting playing again with game pass, my son and I are definitely disgusted with these sounds. Sooo bad and in accurate, and my $1000 sub has no output on this game🤦‍♂️. I drive cockpit, no hud, no assists. The sound alone is enough for me to not buy any Forza game in the future until it’s fixed, screw this trash, weak, and just lazy sound programming.
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
#1252 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:34:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xBSxChadSpeed Go to Quoted Post

As a matter of fact I just starting playing again with game pass, my son and I are definitely disgusted with these sounds. Sooo bad and in accurate, and my $1000 sub has no output on this game🤦‍♂️. I drive cockpit, no hud, no assists. The sound alone is enough for me to not buy any Forza game in the future until it’s fixed, screw this trash, weak, and just lazy sound programming.

I feel your pain. This game sounds absolutely terrible on my professionally calibrated SVS system. 2 subs and barely a peep out of them when it comes to most engine sounds ( some are great, but that's not enough). I just wish more ppl would speak up about how bad it is instead of being complacent about it. Sound is NOT inconsequential when it comes to racing games. It's one of the most important parts.

Weak sound is one of the biggest things plaguing this game. Lack of customization options is another. If these 2 issues were fixed, this series would dominate. As it stands tho soon as NFS Heat is released, I will not be playing this much at all.

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:38:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1253 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 10:58:26 PM(UTC)
It is what it is - which is why I mostly play Forza 7. Some of the sounds are quite decent - although it's more or less the same problem: lack of low end on cars and they feel weak rather than powerful and desirable to drive.

Other games are doing a much better job: PCARS 2, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, recent NFS games, GTS, etc.
 2 users liked this post.
#1254 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:14:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
It is what it is - which is why I mostly play Forza 7. Some of the sounds are quite decent - although it's more or less the same problem: lack of low end on cars and they feel weak rather than powerful and desirable to drive.

Other games are doing a much better job: PCARS 2, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, recent NFS games, GTS, etc.

Tbh I think the Only sounds that are good are the new ones the recorded for the game. Ex: FH4 has the beautiful BMW M5 with the V10 engine, FH3 didn't have it, so it must've been recorded For This Game. As a result, it sounds pretty good (but still lacking bass), whereas almost everything else sounds like an over compressed 64kbps MP3 with the bottom end cut out. It's awful.

I'm 100% with you. I'll not be buying a Forza game ever again unless the sounds are improved. Tbh, I kinda doubt they'll fix them FH4 at this point, which is just sad and lazy. But they *should*. Record them again if they have to, high quality recordings, uncompressed, multiple mics.

And if the improved sounds are good enough - here's the kicker - *They Can Be Kept For The Next Game!!!* Turn10 and MS don't seem to realize the engine sounds are the single most audio in a car game, moreso than awful music (which is always the same at every event loading screen? Cmon), moreso than weather or stupid comical car horns that only 8 year olds play with. (Side note: the addition of a police siren was actually fun, *but you have to hold down the damn button to keep the siren going? No toggle on/off option??? Ugh.)

I'm ranting now. But that guy claiming we should all sit back and pay 70 bucks for a video game with sounds from 90s just annoyed me a bit too much. Engine sounds are the one of the most important parts of a racing game, especially from a sim title like the Forza series. It's sad that at the moment, need for speed and other cartoon-racing games sound sooooo much better.

/Rant
#1255 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:30:25 AM(UTC)
Least they used to the nicely engineered thick Porsche sound for the new Macan. Even if it is a copy pasta from the Cayman GTS / GT4.
#1256 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 8:47:01 PM(UTC)
Least they used to the nicely engineered thick Porsche sound for the new Macan. Even if it is a copy pasta from the Cayman GTS / GT4.

That's too lazy though! Even if they had the exact same engine, the Cayman is midengined and the Macan front, so the length of exhaust pipe Must be different so it had to sound different...
#1257 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:47:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CMetaphor Go to Quoted Post

That's too lazy though! Even if they had the exact same engine, the Cayman is midengined and the Macan front, so the length of exhaust pipe Must be different so it had to sound different...

idk. I care about the interior sound. Couldn't care less about the outside. Far as I can tell through my research the Macan is pretty accurate.
#1258 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:01:13 PM(UTC)
They've gotta fix the Aston Martin V12 cockpit sound. The sound is right, but it's lacking so much weight and width that it's not even funny. FH3 had it much closer than this game does. Idk wth happened.

It should sound like this >> AM V12 cockpit sound
#1259 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:31:03 PM(UTC)
You guys are still playing this game? I lost interest a long time ago despite the pretty graphics and all the other stuff. The car sounds just put me off in a huge way every time. I've gone back to FH3 and 2 - never happier.
#1260 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:58:43 AM(UTC)
You guys are still playing this game? I lost interest a long time ago despite the pretty graphics and all the other stuff. The car sounds just put me off in a huge way every time. I've gone back to FH3 and 2 - never happier.

Aye, still playing the game - route creator really upped the replayability. Can't say that about FH2/3 and their stock routes, getting a wee bit boring to race the same tracks over and over. I'll take disappointing sounds over that.
#1261 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 9:21:01 AM(UTC)

I jus stick to using the cars that sound good.
#1262 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 11:44:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post

Aye, still playing the game - route creator really upped the replayability. Can't say that about FH2/3 and their stock routes, getting a wee bit boring to race the same tracks over and over. I'll take disappointing sounds over that.

Hahah, alright - to each their own then. I can't live with disappointing car sounds cos' I have a decent sound system (never played on TV speakers) and whether it's cruising around, revving the engine for kicks and thrills or hammering it in a race - you're hearing your car and other cars 100% of the time, and that to me is a critical element of "getting stuff right" in a **racing game**.
#1263 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 11:38:58 AM(UTC)
I used TV Speakers a long time. Upgraded to a soundbar some time ago. But it makes no difference. Horizon 4 sounds like a piece of sh**.

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2019 11:39:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1264 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 1:11:22 PM(UTC)
I thought I should post this here as well:

#1265 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:43:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PapierGrunzen66 Go to Quoted Post
I used TV Speakers a long time. Upgraded to a soundbar some time ago. But it makes no difference. Horizon 4 sounds like a piece of sh**.

Don't expect a sound bar to make any real or meaningful difference over TV speakers. Even the most expensive sound bars will never compare to an amp and dedicated midrange, surround and woofer setup.

Get a surround amp. Some of the car sounds become half decent. Although I wouldn't use FH4 as an example to show off what my sound system can do...
#1266 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 7:00:35 AM(UTC)
I gotta say that even tho the 718 has that minor bug, it does sound really good. Gives me hope.
#1267 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 7:14:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
I thought I should post this here as well:

Now if we could just get them to fix all the other sound issues.
#1268 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:57:47 PM(UTC)
They've gotta fix the Aston Martin V12 cockpit sound. The sound is right, but it's lacking so much weight and width that it's not even funny. FH3 had it much closer than this game does. Idk wth happened.

Part of, but definitely not all of, the problem is that the filtering for the cockpit isn't as agressive as it should/could be. Maybe this is because in real life you won't hear that much from the outside world in your car (at least, very few high frequencies) which would make the game sound weird... maybe there's a different reason though.

If you filter (EQ) the sound of the in game POV cockpit sound of the AM V12, it gets a lot closer to the youtube clip you linked.
It is still clearly a different engine though.
#1269 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 9:43:50 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2019 9:50:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1270 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:17:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sir iLex Go to Quoted Post

Part of, but definitely not all of, the problem is that the filtering for the cockpit isn't as agressive as it should/could be. Maybe this is because in real life you won't hear that much from the outside world in your car (at least, very few high frequencies) which would make the game sound weird... maybe there's a different reason though.

If you filter (EQ) the sound of the in game POV cockpit sound of the AM V12, it gets a lot closer to the youtube clip you linked.
It is still clearly a different engine though.

Imho it sounds weird now. I'd rather it sounded accurate than 'exciting' as it does now. Too much high frequencies while in cockpit view. Tbh I just want more bass and stereo width in all cockpit views that need it. There's some great examples of proper sound design in this game so we know they're capable. The new Porsche 718 GTS sounds about as perfect as it can get. Absolutely excellent job on that one. McLaren 720S is another example of great work. If they're going to make the cars look and feel like their real life counterparts then they should make them sound like them too.
 1 user liked this post.
#1271 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:40:36 PM(UTC)
Does anyone else think they should bring the Honda/Acura B and K series sounds back from Horizon 3? They sound like kazoos in Horizon 4. :\
#1272 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 4:30:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ArmandoHoon Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone else think they should bring the Honda/Acura B and K series sounds back from Horizon 3? They sound like kazoos in Horizon 4. :\

Absolutely.
#1273 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:29:32 PM(UTC)
I agree, Civics and Integras sound terrible in this game - they were nearly perfect in FH3.

What I don't understand about the Mclaren modern road cars is that why in the world do they ALL sound like the game's Senna? It's the same issue in FM7: all the modern Mclaren road cars sound like the P1 sound in the game... !

this is really getting irritating now - something which makes me move further away from their games and continue to play more games like PCARS2, AC, Dirt Rally 1 & 2, maybe I'll pick up the new NFS game just for the sounds.

Fix your stuff PG - I hope you haven't abandoned the game like T10 did with FM7. It is ridiculous how wrong the sounds still are in the game after a year, with copying/pasting all over the place. Why should people bother purchasing deluxe and ultimate editions or DLC/expansions if you're not diligent enough to record and represent true/accurate sounds for each car?

I'm fed up with this right now because eveyrone has been more than patient, waiting for car sound improvements... they never came.

New Viper GTS road car - fantastic job putting a 1990s Viper RT-10 sound on that - just fantastic... ! You had the right sound for many cars from previous games... and you goofed them, because???

Are you guys even the same team that developed the first two exceptionally brilliant Horizon games? The sound in those games are the best I've heard in any racing game. Even the sound in FH3 totally destroys the car sound design in FH4. Anybody with a keen sense of hearing and a good sound system will instantly pick up the differences.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:31:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1274 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 8:24:44 AM(UTC)
I just want louder turbos and blow off valves. T10 has successfully turned the RB26 powered cars into boring commuter cars. FH2 had the turbos and that right. That game feels amazing. FH3 not so much. I think the watering down started there. The RB26 in the R34 in that is just lame and boring. Not as lame and boring as it is in this game ( or at least was before the FM7 sound was implemented and that still isn't right), but still pretty lame and boring. The R32 and R33 are more accurate, but they lack the violence. They lack the turbo and blow off valve. They lack the GODZILLA! R35 isn't terrible, but the cockpit sound has a bit too much woosh 'n wind noise and not enough of the growl the VR38 is known for. I have hope tho cos the 718 GTS and LEGO 911 sound great. Kinda irritated that the LEGO 911 sounds better than any other 911 tho.

#1275 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:21:08 AM(UTC)
^^ If they can work so hard to create gorgeous visuals, they can certainly compliment them with real car sounds. It can be done, it's all possible in 2019, especialyl with the budget these guys have.

But they have been lazy since FH2 - so that means, there are other driving games out there for me to try and continue to appreciate them.
54 Pages<<4950515253>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error