This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
53 Pages<<4849505152>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1226 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:50:08 PM(UTC)
Although Forza Horizon 4 is an amazing game I'd like to see more! Some cars audio doesn't sound like real life and it's painful to see. I'd like it if the sounds could be tweaked to sound more like the real thing! It would also majorly add to the game (In my opinion) if other players cars sounded louder and more realistic! Tuning is also something that needs improvement. If you guys could you should add custom exhausts with a different sound from the original car. That's all I have because everything else in Forza Horizon 4 is amazing!
 2 users liked this post.
#1227 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:01:39 AM(UTC)
So now they're just making stuff up. The '17 Vanquish Zagato sound like a Pagani? Since when? Who's in charge of this nonsense?

Scratch that, it's a mash up of the Pagani the McLaren F1. Really?! >:|

Edited by user Monday, August 26, 2019 9:37:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1228 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:35:29 AM(UTC)
Hey Playground, I hate to beat a dead horse, BUT...have you seen, or should I say HEARD, the NFS:Heat trailers? THOSE are exhaust sounds. Since you guys apparently don’t know what they sound like.
#1229 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 1:28:41 PM(UTC)
I haven't visited the website in months. Basically because I haven't played much since I've got most the achievements and the lack of immersion due to the audio inaccuracies stops me from going back. I always YouTube the new cars they add, and I'm always left disappointed, still yet to have a reason to go and enjoy the new content.
I always looked at this thread first when coming on the forums. Nice to see people still getting their opinions across. I'd still love to know what their audio designers do day to day, because only a few things have been updated in the past few months. They must either be updating a lot of cars, and planning a massive update, or, literally just drinking cups of tea at their desk all day, talking about what sauce they're having on their kebabs tonight. If they're not going to work, updating car sounds or arranging the recordings (hard to believe due to the lack of updates) then what are they doing? Like seriously. What. Are. They. Doing. Has anyone worked in a similar job role that can shed some light on how long things take, the process, any type of quality testing undergone?
#1230 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 5:38:41 PM(UTC)
Did you know the Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6 has the wrong sound when stock and has an engine swap upgrade with the correct one?

I'd laugh if I felt sadistic, but instead I just sigh.

Just... fire these guys in charge of the sounds, already.

Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
So now they're just making stuff up. The '17 Vanquish Zagato sound like a Pagani? Since when? Who's in charge of this nonsense?

That's not a Pagani, it's plain, old Mercedes SL65 AMG... Even worse.

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2019 5:40:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1231 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 6:28:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Did you know the Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6 has the wrong sound when stock and has an engine swap upgrade with the correct one?

Actually it's the McLaren F1. They copy pasta'd that.
#1232 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 11:01:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Actually it's the McLaren F1. They copy pasta'd that.

Not even sure it's the F1. I think this is a sample they mixed from scratch out of existing ones but they forgot this car is basically the old Vanquish in a new body so there was no need of it.

Speaking of which, I have a gut feeling both the F1 and F1 GT are missing their interior sounds in FH4 compared to FM7. The F1 GT could sound that loud from the interior, but the F1... Probably not.

This thread is depressing to read but, in the end, it's right, at least the part that criticizes this game in particular. There were cars with improvements (compare 360CS between FH2 and FH4 for example) but most are downgrades.

The first step is actually not even getting the real samples. You need to match pitch to engine speed and give the cars believable sounds.

An I4 engine cannot sound like an I6 or a V6. "Oh but it's a Skyline so whatever." Yeah but it's got an I4 turbo under the hood. So that's how it should sound. I'm speaking here of the Tomica Skyline in FM7 obviously.

I also don't expect to rev a car to 7000 rpm and have it sounding as if at a lower/higher engine speed, which is what happens with this new Vanquish. I rev to redline and the car sounds as if it was just leaving the 5000 rpm range. That's one of the most basic mistakes you can make in sound editing. If your sample doesn't sound good when matched to engine rpm then ditch it and use another one, simple. Instead we have this mess.

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#1233 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 12:28:54 AM(UTC)
Recently earned the spring event exclusive Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato, but noticed the the sound the car makes is nothing like what it makes IRL.
In fact it sounds identical to the Mercedes V12 in the Pagani Zonda Cinque/R, but with the revs limited at like 6k ish.
The engine actually used in the Vanquish Zagato is the same 6.0 V12 as in the V12 Vantage S and of course the standard Vanquish; this engine has bark-y engine note whereas the Zonda V12 is much more wailing, high-pitched and tinny.

The sound is so similar to the Zonda that they must've used the wrong engine sound file for it - has anyone else had this problem and is there any way it can be fixed? It's incredibly jarring.
 3 users liked this post.
#1234 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 9:33:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FakeSlimShady7 Go to Quoted Post
Recently earned the spring event exclusive Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato, but noticed the the sound the car makes is nothing like what it makes IRL.
In fact it sounds identical to the Mercedes V12 in the Pagani Zonda Cinque/R, but with the revs limited at like 6k ish.
The engine actually used in the Vanquish Zagato is the same 6.0 V12 as in the V12 Vantage S and of course the standard Vanquish; this engine has bark-y engine note whereas the Zonda V12 is much more wailing, high-pitched and tinny.

The sound is so similar to the Zonda that they must've used the wrong engine sound file for it - has anyone else had this problem and is there any way it can be fixed? It's incredibly jarring.

Welcome to the club. Your best bet is to submit a ticket via the support system. If we get a considerable amount of people to submit audio complaint tickets they have to start listening. Complaining via this forum, reddit, and Youtube clearly isn't getting the message across. The car sound in this game is so terrible in most cases that I just can't deal with it any longer. I jump on, do my playlists and dailies 'n that's it. I definitely don't spend nearly as much time in this game as I do GT Sport, or FH3.
#1235 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:27:31 AM(UTC)
I don't understand why when the R8 was updated that the Gallardo, Huracan, and any instance of that V10 wasn't as well. R8 V10 and Huracan V10 are the exact same thing.
 2 users liked this post.
#1236 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:16:18 AM(UTC)
This is what's making me deviate further away from the latest two Forza games. There are just way too many inconsistencies and I find it revolting to be honest, how the sound design was handled in both these games. No point in 4K/HDR and all that other visual gimmickry if the sound doesn't match. I play on a sound system, always have, always will. Perhaps the developer mistakengly assumed that most players are using TV speakers and won't notice the poor car sound design in general.

It is sad is what it is - they seemed to set impressive car audio benchmarks with H2, H3, FM5, 6, etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#1237 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:40:39 AM(UTC)
So the Zero uno got the R8 V10 sound, but the Gallardo and Huracan didn't? What's the logic there? They all use the same Lamborghini V10. I just don't understand where their heads are at. So weird.
 2 users liked this post.
#1238 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 1:36:52 PM(UTC)
I have finally taken the time to fill out a support ticket for the engine sound. I don't know what to expect from the support person but I can tell you that the next Forza game released will not be pre-ordered until I have proof that the engine sounds are the quality of the the past Forza titles that had good sound. I don't care who makes the game, the car engine sound should be the most important sound. The sound the engine makes is how I shift and when the cars around me are louder than the car I am driving that is unacceptable. The car I am driving should be the loudest thing I hear or at the very least give me the option and controls to make the engine of the car I am driving the loudest thing I hear.

When I go to live racing events, you can't even talk to the person next to you because the engines are so loud. That is what a racing game should always have as the main focus of sound for the race driving experience. I want to feel the sound in my body if I feel like turning my sound up to outdoor concert levels. There are racing games from years ago that had ok physics but the sound made them somewhat enjoyable. Forza titles should be the leader in engine sound. The engine exhaust sound from race cars and modified cars should be echoing around the map. The car I am in should be the loudest thing I hear when my right trigger is smashed.

Horizon 4 should have the option to increase the engine sound to hearing loss levels.

#1239 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 3:46:59 PM(UTC)
They need to take some lessons from SMS and KUNOS. Far as cockpit sounds go, PC2 absolutely destroys this and FM7.
 1 user liked this post.
#1240 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 11:51:01 PM(UTC)
I love PCARS2 for this reason as well: sound.

FM7 sounds aren't as bad as FH4 but still 'weak' and somewhat uninspiring in general - with only a limited handful of impressive car sounds.

I don't know what kind of mindset their audio engineering team have ... "powerful cars IRL should sound weak, high-pitched and small in a racing game".

Lose the ear-piercing trans whine and hollow/tin can effects in future games please! [referring to FM7 not H4]

I wonder if they will ever fully complete their car sound database in both games. Don't know what's stopping them from adding a few extra GBs to complete that data, and add correct, accurate sounds for every car - complete with the appropriate dynamic bass effects.
 2 users liked this post.
#1241 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:26:30 AM(UTC)
So the Zero uno got the R8 V10 sound, but the Gallardo and Huracan didn't? What's the logic there? They all use the same Lamborghini V10. I just don't understand where their heads are at. So weird.

What's even more riddiculous is that when upgraded it still gets the same, puke-inducing, overtuned racing V12....V12 shelby, V12 mosler, V12 mercedes....V12 everywhere.
Feels like Oprah Winfrey's V12 Night Show - everyone gets one.
 1 user liked this post.
#1242 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:55:05 PM(UTC)
Hahaha!

I swear - I do not feel like going back to Forza after a few hours' PCARS2 session.
 1 user liked this post.
#1243 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:21:14 AM(UTC)
They need to take some lessons from SMS and KUNOS. Far as cockpit sounds go, PC2 absolutely destroys this and FM7.

pc2 is not consistent with the sound, they did nail the metallic sound of the engine but some cars have the wrong engine sounds.
for example the GTR GT3 just uses the Nismo sound and the new typeR civic just uses the old k20 vtec sounds, i complained about that before the game launched on the forums but they just didnt care at all.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:21:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1244 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:35:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TunaNoCrust02 Go to Quoted Post

pc2 is not consistent with the sound, they did nail the metallic sound of the engine but some cars have the wrong engine sounds.
for example the GTR GT3 just uses the Nismo sound and the new typeR civic just uses the old k20 vtec sounds, i complained about that before the game launched on the forums but they just didnt care at all.

Well, that's one thing this team has is consistency. Consistent garbage. My point is that they need to learn to engineer for speakers larger than 4". Both SMS and KUNOS do that very well.
#1245 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:54:56 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Hoonitruck sound change(angry rant)
Why does it sound like a porsche now? I get it that you want it to sound close to the original, but PORSCHE sounds?! This is the worst idea possible because it does NOT fix with this car. It needs to be reverted. This is the worst thing that they could've done. at least with the engine change before it sounded beefy like how it looks, but this? it's the opposite. This is the WORST engine update I ever seen. I used to love driving it, but now I can't drive it because of this mediocre and terrible sound change. Give me back the beef of my truck pg. This is unacceptable, unwarranted, and unnecessary. Stop overfantasizing over PORSCHES!
Fix ACTUAL car sounds that needed fixing! This is awful.
REVERT. THIS. CHANGE. NOW!

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:10:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1246 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:41:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TunaNoCrust02 Go to Quoted Post

Oh I agree. In fact, apart from the 918 and perhaps the 911 GT3 road car, the Porsches don't sound particularly convincing.

But what I appreciate about their sounds is that they sound like powerful cars and very realistically relay the feeling of being inside one. Dynamic frequency range - this is missing from the last two Forza games.

For the most part, the samples are quite accurate but could use higher fidelity for sure.
 1 user liked this post.
#1247 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 6:34:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DnS RikkChamp Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Hoonitruck sound change(angry rant)
Why does it sound like a porsche now? I get it that you want it to sound close to the original, but PORSCHE sounds?! This is the worst idea possible because it does NOT fix with this car. It needs to be reverted. This is the worst thing that they could've done. at least with the engine change before it sounded beefy like how it looks, but this? it's the opposite. This is the WORST engine update I ever seen. I used to love driving it, but now I can't drive it because of this mediocre and terrible sound change. Give me back the beef of my truck pg. This is unacceptable, unwarranted, and unnecessary. Stop overfantasizing over PORSCHES!
Fix ACTUAL car sounds that needed fixing! This is awful.
REVERT. THIS. CHANGE. NOW!

To be fair, the Hoonitruck uses the 900HP Ford GT engine so they're correct to an extent. The problem is that the Ford GT doesn't even sound like one and that's where they failed.

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 6:36:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1248 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 7:05:20 AM(UTC)
10 months that the game is available and no sound enhancement bring back the good sound of fh3 and the new fm7 sounds and please remove the sound of the flapper that drives me crazy.
 1 user liked this post.
#1249 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 7:28:28 AM(UTC)
Seriously ???

Get over yourselves.

I really can't get over the fact people want real life sounds exact as they are......

I do NOT race and enjoy FH4 purely on an engine sound.

How about some of the biggest whingers about it actually go and buy that car then complain (cue the BS artists).

Such a minor issue that detracts from the bigger picture.

That issue is being all you can be, smashing out PB's and records and beating that one perspn :0500 seconds ahead of you in Rivals.

This game is good, does what a majority want and doesn't reward laziness.

Some of you who complain a lot (like every chance you get at forums) should try and actually better yourself in a game that was designed around that exact reason.

I am by no means a top 10 driver but i do work towards it.

Hopefully.........

Happy Racing People. :)
 1 user liked this post.
#1250 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:12:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Seriously ???

Get over yourselves.

I really can't get over the fact people want real life sounds exact as they are......

I do NOT race and enjoy FH4 purely on an engine sound.

How about some of the biggest whingers about it actually go and buy that car then complain (cue the BS artists).

Such a minor issue that detracts from the bigger picture.

That issue is being all you can be, smashing out PB's and records and beating that one perspn :0500 seconds ahead of you in Rivals.

This game is good, does what a majority want and doesn't reward laziness.

Some of you who complain a lot (like every chance you get at forums) should try and actually better yourself in a game that was designed around that exact reason.

I am by no means a top 10 driver but i do work towards it.

Hopefully.........

Happy Racing People. :)

Why should we not? You may not care, but we do. It is NOT a minor issue at all. They have a first person view so the vehicles should be as immersive as possible in that view given that they're using actual cars and not their own stuff based on actual cars. I'm not worried so much about accuracy as I am engineering. This game sounds like absolute trash on a properly calibrated surround system. This game sounds terrible in headphones. This game sounds terrible on very well calibrated studio monitors. It's engineered to only sound good on small speakers, and that just isn't remotely cool. The majority of the cars are in dire need of an update. I think that some form of regulation should be put in place by the manufacturers that states that the vehicles should adhere to a standard to keep them as true to the real things as possible within technological limitations. There are several instances of excellent engineering in this game and going from those to say an Aston Martin Vantage is extremely jarring.

A REAL racer will want to hear their engine instead of relying on BS graphical HUD nonsense. You do know that the majority of race cars don't have any radios or anything of that nature right?
53 Pages<<4849505152>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error