This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
50 Pages<<47484950PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1201 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:51:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Just give the Senna sound to the other McLarens already. :(

No way. That wouldn't be remotely accurate. They're close enough as it is.

Not close, the pitch is wrong (too low) and there's reverberation at high revs close to the redline. It's just a badly made sound with hardly any punch to it.

The old sound in FM7 and earlier was better.

Far as I can tell this >> 720S POV and the game are very close to one another. Same goes for the 570S, and 620S. The only McLarens I don't think are accurate are the P1, MP4-12C, and Senna. Senna is WAY too tame. I don't pay much attention to the external sounds. I play in cockpit view only. I will agree that the FM7 sounds are better tho.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:05:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1202 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:14:36 PM(UTC)
Just give the Senna sound to the other McLarens already. :(

No way. That wouldn't be remotely accurate. They're close enough as it is.

Not close, the pitch is wrong (too low) and there's reverberation at high revs close to the redline. It's just a badly made sound with hardly any punch to it.

The old sound in FM7 and earlier was better.

Far as I can tell this >> 720S POV and the game are very close to one another. Same goes for the 570S, and 620S. The only McLarens I don't think are accurate are the P1, MP4-12C, and Senna. Senna is WAY too tame. I don't pay much attention to the external sounds. I play in cockpit view only. I will agree that the FM7 sounds are better tho.

Good point, I still think the FH4 sound lacks grunt but you're onto something here. What really bothers me about this sound is the reverberation, I find it highly distracting. I also think the pitch is a little too low and, since I like to shift by ear, when sounds have the wrong pitch, it's a big turn-off for me.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1203 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:59:23 AM(UTC)
Why is it so hard to get proper interior sound? New Aston Martin sounds like all the other weak uninspired Aston Martins. I just don't get it. Why release unfinished products? Everything looks great, but sound is DEFINITELY incomplete. :(
#1204 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:23:33 AM(UTC)
So update 12 recap... we got toy Porsche that actually sound better than any real Porsche currently in the game. We got 2 most beautiful Aston Martins ever made one of which sounds kinda OK and the other is just a new skin for McLaren F1 (GTR). We also got 2 Volkswagens that literally nobody cares about. GGWP
#1205 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:01:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clonedemned Go to Quoted Post
So update 12 recap... we got toy Porsche that actually sound better than any real Porsche currently in the game. We got 2 most beautiful Aston Martins ever made one of which sounds kinda OK and the other is just a new skin for McLaren F1 (GTR). We also got 2 Volkswagens that literally nobody cares about. GGWP

Seriously. I'm mad that the real Porsches didn't get similar treatment like the real F40s did when the LEGO F40 got released. There's literally 2 Porsches that I enjoy using - Caymans. They're the only ones that have proper weight and width. The rest just sound and feel terrible. The DBS superleggera doesn't sound much different than the current Vanquish / Vantage in game. I just do not understand where the audio team leader's head is at.
#1206 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:56:23 PM(UTC)
Something I noticed tonight as I was playing with the chase cams is that when you turn the cam to the side of the car the sound got considerably better. Dynamic range returned, and so did the width. I'm fairly certain that their lil virtual surround experiment or whatever they did didn't work out too well. I sent in a ticket about it, and I highly suggest that more of you do too. I feel like this is a bug and it should be fixed. This doesn't help those of us who drive in first person exclusively tho. Or maybe it does. Idk. All I know is that the sound got considerably better when i turned the cam to the side of the car.
#1207 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 12:10:30 PM(UTC)
Dear PG,

This request is simple: The Lego Porsche 3.3 turbo sound pritty awesome. Please, can you consider to put the same soundfile on the normal car aswell.

I guess this would be much appriciated by the car enthousiast among us.

#1208 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 12:31:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
Dear PG,

This request is simple: The Lego Porsche 3.3 turbo sound pritty awesome. Please, can you consider to put the same soundfile on the normal car aswell.

I guess this would be much appriciated by the car enthousiast among us.

If you put that sound on the 1982 car without modifications it'll sound like a diesel because the pitch is too low. The Lego car can rev to 8000 rpm yet it feels as if it was at just 6000 rpm!
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1209 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 12:39:10 PM(UTC)
Could you please bring the nissan skyline sounds of forza horizon 3 into forza horizon 4, you totally destroyed the new sounds
#1210 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 11:21:12 PM(UTC)
The turbo of the Top Gear E350 doesn't become apparent until after the powerband falls off, at 4000rpm.
#1211 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:27:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BR31nD47h Go to Quoted Post
Could you please bring the nissan skyline sounds of forza horizon 3 into forza horizon 4, you totally destroyed the new sounds

Nah. FH2 / FM6 are far better. I'd much rather have those.
#1212 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 11:33:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BR31nD47h Go to Quoted Post

Nah. FH2 / FM6 are far better. I'd much rather have those.

Well the R33 in FH3 used that sound.

I agree it's a great sound, the question is, is it accurate relative to a "stock" GT-R? I was never sure of it, because the stock RB26DETT, though excellent sounding, doesn't really sound like that.

At least it's better than mishmashing Aston Martin and Porsche sounds together in hopes of creating something close, though.

There are so many cars sharing samples in FH4 that I really believe Playground had to face unexpected restrictions. They put it all in graphics and cars, and little in sounds. Given a choice as a developer I'd probably pick that as well but I can't ignore how some of the sounds are just plain bad.

Still, if you've played TDU for a while you're pretty much vaccinated against bad car sounds!
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1213 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:09:50 AM(UTC)
The rotary sound need improvement as it sounded better in horizon 1 and it would be nice too have the rotary idle back like in the older games.
#1214 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:51:15 AM(UTC)
The more I play FH2, the more I feel they should bring ALL those sounds to FH4 and improve them from there moving forward.
#1215 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 11:11:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
The more I play FH2, the more I feel they should bring ALL those sounds to FH4 and improve them from there moving forward.

Nearly every aspect of FH2 was better besides the really aggressive drivatars, and graphics ( which I can't really fault them for due to tech limitations of the time ).
#1216 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:39:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post

Nearly every aspect of FH2 was better besides the really aggressive drivatars, and graphics ( which I can't really fault them for due to tech limitations of the time ).

And except that FH2 had less destruction, so pretty much everything stops your car if you go off-road.

2 users liked this post.
#1217 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:21:25 PM(UTC)
They really need to research more. Idk what genius at PG or T10 thinks that engineering for only small speakers is a great practice, but it needs to stop.
 1 user liked this post.
#1218 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:29:56 AM(UTC)
PG sound dev be like: ''rate my setup''

PG sound dev starter pack
 1 user liked this post.
#1219 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:20:02 AM(UTC)
So they used an absolute trash sound for the 2019 AM DBS SL. Sounds absolutely wimpy in first person view. Pathetic. Guess the 7.0 V12 swap will have to do. Meh.

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:20:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1220 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:58:40 AM(UTC)
The AM DBS SL sound awful, the poor thing doesn't know whether it's a straight 6 or a V12. More lazy recycling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sikWUOkuPgY
 2 users liked this post.
#1221 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 9:47:27 PM(UTC)
I too am gutted at the sound quality of the last two Forza installments. Can someone please help me understand why Forza appear to be intentionally making the sounds worse? Sounds ludacris right? But am I wrong?

That's like a baker having awesome frosting on a cake and all the cake-lovers LOVED it. And then they think "You know what? This year i'm going to make the frosting out of dirt instead of sugar" Who in their right mind would do that? You do NOT change a car's engine sound, as that is why 90% of us car guys play this game. Right now they appear to be catering to casual arcade racers, which is extremely sad. We are 49 pages into this thread, so clearly there is a problem. But do the devs even care at this point?
#1222 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 5:05:11 PM(UTC)
Take note PG / T10 devs. This is what you need to implement right here >> EXHAUST TUNING SYSTEM
#1223 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:46:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lemonlambda Go to Quoted Post
I too am gutted at the sound quality of the last two Forza installments. Can someone please help me understand why Forza appear to be intentionally making the sounds worse? Sounds ludacris right? But am I wrong?

That's like a baker having awesome frosting on a cake and all the cake-lovers LOVED it. And then they think "You know what? This year i'm going to make the frosting out of dirt instead of sugar" Who in their right mind would do that? You do NOT change a car's engine sound, as that is why 90% of us car guys play this game. Right now they appear to be catering to casual arcade racers, which is extremely sad. We are 49 pages into this thread, so clearly there is a problem. But do the devs even care at this point?

If I had to take a good guess, I'd say MS/T10 want more people to buy 4K TVs and play Forza in 4K. I think their target base has changed; probably people between 11 and 21 years of age who don't know the difference between all the unique engine sounds and exhaust character.

While they did improve some of the sounds in FM7 and the car sound overall is much, much better than what it was at launch (I'm told), FH4 car sounds are just weak and unrealistic in my opinion. But what kind of enrages me is the fact that they have some excellent samples in there: F40C, LaFerrarri, M5, etc.

I almost never play the game anymore and mostly play FM7, driving cars that do sound right.
#1224 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:39:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Baz828 Go to Quoted Post
The AM DBS SL sound awful, the poor thing doesn't know whether it's a straight 6 or a V12. More lazy recycling.

A straight-6 and a V12 will always sound eerily similar. After all, a V12 is two straight-6s together.

People these days get too invested in exhaust wizardry from manufacturers (which is what gives the Vantage its own character next to the AMG GT) and thus become vulnerable to the "placebo effect".

Unfortunately I lost the link an old acquaintance sent me of how certain engine configurations sound closer than people think, because they are effectively the same except in double.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1225 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:36:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Baz828 Go to Quoted Post

A straight-6 and a V12 will always sound eerily similar. After all, a V12 is two straight-6s together.

No, this is completely incorrect.
First of all, it has double the cylinders, the building structure of the engine severely different, so is the intake and exhaust manifold. thus, they have different ignition orders.
This (and many other things) results in completely different sound characteristics.

Not to be rude, but you sound like a sound developer at PG, someone who has no idea what there talking about.
50 Pages<<47484950PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error