This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
50 Pages<<4647484950PrevNext
#1176 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:14:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
I definitely don't think it's a matter of the audio team not caring. I think it has more to do with management not caring. I'm willing to bet their thought on the matter is 'this is a music festival focused game so the players shouldn't really care about the car audio since they'll be jamming out to this music we've curated'

To say the audio team doesn't care is just wrong. Listen to the R8, MC12 Corsa, 60s Mini Cooper, Delta S4, Camaro ZL1, Porsche Cayman, Ferrari F40, Ferrari California, and Ferrari 488 GTB for example. There's plenty of instances where it's VERY clear that they do care. I just don't think they're being given the go ahead to update the problems.

Here's what I hope is going on - The audio teams of both FM and FH are working to unify their sound across both games so that it's not so jarring to go from one to the other. IMHO both games should sound the same. There's no reason to have a 2016 Lambo sound different. It's a 2016 Lambo. The only way it should sound different is if the upgraded exhaust is different in both titles.

on that, same page. btw applies to any aspect of the game.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 1 user liked this post.
#1177 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:42:21 PM(UTC)
Just heard 3 of the new cars on YT. Impala SS sounds nothing like it should ( low rumbly LT1), McLaren 12c got copy pasta'd from the 720s. CCX jus sounds like the racing V8 or some nonsense. This is just gross. :(
 1 user liked this post.
#1178 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 1:14:06 AM(UTC)
when the 1994 Toyota Supra MK IVwith 2jz engine update will come and gtr34 sound will be corrected because it has a sound that does not match the car because I feel like I'm driving another car, not.gtr34. just the sound may even cause it please come to fix.I think a simple audio file fix may sound.Thank you for reading.
#1179 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:57:43 PM(UTC)
**Raise** the car volume please! It's about time. At least as loud and powerful as FH3 if not louder.

And no - I'm not lowering the other sounds because the AI car sounds and reverb effects are already weak (minus the tunnel - that's actually great). What happened to wind noise? FH1 had a nice effect. You guys keep downgrading the sound in your games - what a strange design decision!

Why is there a 1-2 second "whoosh" sound effect delay when you drive fast under bridges and overpasses?

That annoying background lawn mover/water sprinkler sound is still there on idle. Comes and goes and present on majority of cars.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:00:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1180 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:31:13 AM(UTC)
They do stuff like what I mentioned earlier ( Impala 96, and CCX ) then go and update the 65 Mini Cooper to perfection. That's what irritates me the most as I've said numerous times. They show that they're VERY capable then just throw in some garbage filler sounds for others. It drives me absolutely bananas.
#1181 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:51:09 PM(UTC)
They do stuff like what I mentioned earlier ( Impala 96, and CCX ) then go and update the 65 Mini Cooper to perfection. That's what irritates me the most as I've said numerous times. They show that they're VERY capable then just throw in some garbage filler sounds for others. It drives me absolutely bananas.

I know, right?

They did such an insane job improving a number of car sounds in the April update, was it? There were posts here and even vids on YT praising their efforts. And then you drive some of the other cars, and they're just so lackluster and unfinished.

I really hate this *premium* versus *this will do* car sounds. Starting to sound a lot like a certain racing game on last generation Playstation hardware...
#1182 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 12:10:51 PM(UTC)
So. I've done quite a bit of comparing, and I am certain that the reason a great majority of these cars sound weak, uninspired, and samey are not the results of PG's work, they are the results of T10's. The vehicle sounds we have that are really solid are the results of PG's work. My guess is that someone at T10 said to use the FM7 audio assets and they had to oblige. I don't think this is the result of laziness, but poor decision making on T10's part. It is quite clear that the audio team at PG know what they're doing, and they do it really well. That is blatantly obvious in the updates they made this year so far. I wish this didn't take so long to correct, but it seems that's the hand we've been dealt. Wish I'd have come to this conclusion sooner, but it is what it is. With that said I apologize to the team and I applaud you on your work done so far this year.

Dodge Viper still isn't correct tho. We'd appreciate if that was fixed. The Viper should sound barely different from the R8.

We'd also greatly appreciate the updated sounds in FM7 being ported over asap. Those sound and feel ( bass ) fantastic.

Edited by user Monday, July 22, 2019 7:54:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1183 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:31:40 AM(UTC)
It is quite clear that the audio team at PG know what they're doing, and they do it really well.

I strongly disagree. while Turn10 gave FM7 a large sound update a few months ago, PG shows the community consistent lack of accurateness, dedication and care regarding sound development.

Induction/engine/exhaust sounds are excessively downgraded in comparison to previous titles. The majority of the cars sound exactly the same (Ctrl C + Ctrl V) or totally inaccurate.
In my opinion, this 'that will do' attitude, indicates that the PG sounds devs aren't passionate about cars at all.
For months, tickets are being ignored, not a single word mentioned on the live streams, and zero communication towards this exact topic, which is one of the largest on these forums.

Uninspiring

#1184 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:18:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
It is quite clear that the audio team at PG know what they're doing, and they do it really well.

I strongly disagree. while Turn10 gave FM7 a large sound update a few months ago, PG shows the community consistent lack of accurateness, dedication and care regarding sound development.

Induction/engine/exhaust sounds are excessively downgraded in comparison to previous titles. The majority of the cars sound exactly the same (Ctrl C + Ctrl V) or totally inaccurate.
In my opinion, this 'that will do' attitude, indicates that the PG sounds devs aren't passionate about cars at all.
For months, tickets are being ignored, not a single word mentioned on the live streams, and zero communication towards this exact topic, which is one of the largest on these forums.

Uninspiring

Where's the inaccuracy in the R8? RS7 Sportback? 488 GTB? California T? 65 Mini Cooper? RS3 Sportback? There have been a few blunders, but at least they're not bad when it comes to engineering the vehicles to make them immersive. At least with the PG sounds you actually feel like you're inside a car. There's Bass, width, and an atmosphere that's very immersive. I don't think that we'll get 100% accurate sounds, but I'm okay with that as long as they're close enough. Fairly certain that they're not ignoring this topic. It's just taking more time than we'd like to get sorted out. There's this channel on youtube I use to test the accuracy called AutoTopNL, and nearly everything that PG's done is about as accurate as it can get when it comes to the interior sound, and that's way more important to me than the exterior.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:46:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1185 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:28:09 AM(UTC)

Where's the inaccuracy in the R8? RS7 Sportback? 488 GTB? California T? 65 Mini Cooper? RS3 Sportback?

It has been said multiple times now that there are some engine sounds that have been improved to near perfection. Including cars that you have mentioned here.
That's not the point. Giving 5 or 6 examples for good/improved engine sounds doesn't make up for the countless inaccurate sounds that are still in the game.
- There are still many cars that sound absolutely nothing like they should.
- Some cars even sound broken or share sounds from cars with completely different engines.
- Many cars hat different sounds in other games of the franchise that were much better and close to reality.
You can check the endless posts on this thread for examples. So I have to disagree with your "close enough" and "as accurate as it can get".
I mean, even some of their own games prove they can do better and they actually made better sounds for the same cars already.

And not ignoring the topic? Phew... the game was released almost a year ago and this thread has almost 50 pages with countless examples....
Looking at the progress they made with some of the really bad sounds, I have to disagree again.

But of course I don't want to talk you out of enjoying the sounds the way they are.
I'm having trouble enjoying some of my favorite cars because of the sounds, but I'm glad to see not everyone is affected by that.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:33:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1186 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:00:22 AM(UTC)
The main problem are not imo not the few cars with broken sounds but rather cars that all sound the same, think about the V12-swap everything, the V10 swap and 1.6L Rally.
#1187 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:33:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
The main problem are not imo not the few cars with broken sounds but rather cars that all sound the same, think about the V12-swap everything, the V10 swap and 1.6L Rally.

Those are all moot points given that they're intended to be the same across the board. Racing V12 swap is just that. 5.2L V10 swap should sound the same as should the 1.6L rally. All 3 need a good solid update so I'm not totally disagreeing with everyone. What I do disagree with is that PG isn't doing a good job with the sound design. It's very clear that they know what they're doing. They're just doing it very slowly. Would you rather they rush it or take their time and do their best to perfect these sounds? Given the results I've heard from them I'd say just give them the time to give us really solid products. It took what 2 years to get any kind of sound update into FM7? Those sound excellent btw.

All I'm saying is that the updates I've heard ( minus the RB26 and Viper ) sound excellent from an engineering standpoint and feel very immersive when in cockpit view. Not only do they sound good, but they're actually quite accurate. Go watch some of the vids on that AutoTopNL youtube channel I mentioned. Do your own comparisons. It's going to be some time before we have 100% accurate sound, but what they're doing is definitely a step in the right direction.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:39:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1188 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:56:07 PM(UTC)

Those are all moot points given that they're intended to be the same across the board. Racing V12 swap is just that.

The Racing V12 is my most hated car sound. If they fixed all the generic swap engines to being awesome, then it would improve every car fitted with one. I don't care that they sound the same. I do care if it sounds bad. The generic Racing V12 sound is so awful I prefer not to install it in my cars if possible.

1 user liked this post.
#1189 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:09:47 PM(UTC)
What I do disagree with is that PG isn't doing a good job with the sound design. It's very clear that they know what they're doing. They're just doing it very slowly. Would you rather they rush it or take their time and do their best to perfect these sounds?

I agree with you 100% on the first part. As said before, some sounds are really really good.

But here's my problem with the second part:
-They already made some engine sounds more accurate and in a better quality in previous titles. The quality literally got worse in the most recent title.
- Take time? Come on, that should not be an excuse. The game released as a full title almost a year ago and people paid big money for it. Why shouldn't people complain about quality issues, especially after a year of updates? It's not an early access title, but an Xbox exclusive that's been around for ages. Player attitude like that is exactly what allows publishers to take fine-tuning and attention to detail less seriously. They KNOW how to do it, so they should take the time for quality BEFORE releasing a full priced game. I seriously can not understand how people still argue about that.

And when it comes to accuracy: I make my own comparisons. I know how dozens, probably hundreds of the cars sound in real life and so do many other people that have posted in this thread.
It's a fact that many sounds are not accurate at all.
(AutoTopNL is still a great channel though!)

As I said, I agree that there are good and accurate sounds. And you have a point with the interior sounds, they are sometimes way better.
But that should not be an excuse for all the others that are worse than in previous titles or generally just horrible.
Who listened to the Racing V12 and said "Perfect, release it"? Or the Zondas?
#1190 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:41:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spark1810 Go to Quoted Post

Who listened to the Racing V12 and said "Perfect, release it"? Or the Zondas?

Exactly! And the Zonda sounded so much better in previous titles.

#1191 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:47:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post

Those are all moot points given that they're intended to be the same across the board. Racing V12 swap is just that.

The Racing V12 is my most hated car sound. If they fixed all the generic swap engines to being awesome, then it would improve every car fitted with one. I don't care that they sound the same. I do care if it sounds bad. The generic Racing V12 sound is so awful I prefer not to install it in my cars if possible.

I don't like them either, but the OP was talking about ( what I gathered anyways ) is that all the V12, V10 and 1.6L Rally swaps all sound the same. They do, and they're supposed to. The game provides you with a racing V12, 5.2L V10, and 1.6L rally swap, not variations of those. Same goes for the other swaps. You put a 6.2 swap in several cars 'n they'll sound the same.

Racing V12 is in dire need of an upgrade, but I don't really care about it. All 5.2L V10s should sound similar to the R8 'n I'd be happy. I want all the FM7 updated sounds to come to FH4. All of those updates sound and feel great in cockpit view.

Idk what they were thinking with the R34 change that was made a while back. That's so far off it's not even funny. FM7 RB26 sounds great. I WANT IT. It's like a mix between the current R33 and R34. A demon love child as it were.
#1192 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:54:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spark1810 Go to Quoted Post

- Take time? Come on, that should not be an excuse. The game released as a full title almost a year ago and people paid big money for it. Why shouldn't people complain about quality issues, especially after a year of updates? It's not an early access title, but an Xbox exclusive that's been around for ages. Player attitude like that is exactly what allows publishers to take fine-tuning and attention to detail less seriously. They KNOW how to do it, so they should take the time for quality BEFORE releasing a full priced game. I seriously can not understand how people still argue about that.

How long did they have to develop this game? A year maybe 2? That's not nearly enough time to record new sounds for 700+ cars and recreate them accurately in game. I'm not saying you're wrong, but look at it from a different perspective. I'm not thrilled with the majority of the audio in this game either. You can go back in this thread 'n see just how upset I was. But as I've been playing FM7 more I noticed how similar the sounds in that game are to this one and it dawned on me what must have happened. Or at least what I think happened. These 2 titles were rushed. That's VERY clear.

#1193 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:43:16 AM(UTC)
^^ This is why I love going back to the first 3 Horizon games - they are the best they've made. Particularly the first two.
#1194 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:35:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
^^ This is why I love going back to the first 3 Horizon games - they are the best they've made. Particularly the first two.

That's because they had much more time to develop those. These last 2 were rushed. FH3 even felt rushed to me. It seems they're going back to a longer development cycle with both Motorsport and Horizon so hopefully that'll usher in a new era of the high quality we used to get.
 1 user liked this post.
#1195 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 4:37:28 AM(UTC)
Frankly speaking, they should spend at least 3 years minimum on each game. At least. I don't like this "this will do" culture and then waiting for fixes many months later, which may or may not be what you expected!
 1 user liked this post.
#1196 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:10:18 PM(UTC)
B16 sounds like a **** can. SR20/KA24 sounds **** . Aventador v12 (all Aventador variant) sounds like **** (Take note from The Crew 2 PG). Most Ferrari sounds like **** . Most Pagani sounds needed improvement. What the hell is that hellcat sound??? good thing that the supercharger is loud like real life but the engine sound is **** . Why don't just copy and paste RX-7 Spirit R sound to normal FD????? And 4 rotor idle doesn't even BRAP. Most turbo and BOV in this game sounds absolutely disgusting. The R33 from FH3 got decent turbo/BOV sounds (Take note from NFS, Play Ground Games). NSX 1st gen sounds could be improved. Why won't you copy and paste Audi r8 sounds to Huracan???? Why Huracan sounds the same as Gallardo?? Ford GT/Viper sounds so homo. Most Subaru sounded good. Focus RS, 720s (unrealistic but good sounding), 650s, 488gtb also decent. Turn 10/PGG yall got lots of work to do please stop playing with LEGO. PPL says the 350z sounds good but it's not even close. Where's the brutal-ness of car sounds?

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:33:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1197 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:50:37 PM(UTC)
Lego Porsche sounds great, but did any of the others get updated? NO!! I thought for sure the 1974 Carrera would get an update. This is absolutely ridiculous. >:|
#1198 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:57:34 PM(UTC)
Just give the Senna sound to the other McLarens already. :(
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#1199 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:20:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

No way. That wouldn't be remotely accurate. They're close enough as it is.
#1200 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:51:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

No way. That wouldn't be remotely accurate. They're close enough as it is.

Not close, the pitch is wrong (too low) and there's reverberation at high revs close to the redline. It's just a badly made sound with hardly any punch to it.

The old sound in FM7 and earlier was better.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
50 Pages<<4647484950PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error