74 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#276 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:08:18 PM(UTC)
Look, I don't have much of experience in Forza, actually this is my first Forza game and I love it. I've always been a car geek and I absolutely fell in love.

Now, no matter how much I like it, I can't hold back the issues with some of the car sounds. They nailed it when it comes to game design and so on, and I'm not even talking about some cars having copy pasted sounds or simply sounding different.

I'm referring to actual sounds being bad, like, really bad, some examples, Rx7 sounds like a mosquito, Honda Civic Type R, engine swap on the Subaru 22B, RB26 for the Skyline R33 32 34, and many more, while some of them sound amazing like the BMW M3 1997, Senna, Cosworth.

Not only that but Turbo sounds are Almost non existant, Almost, like the volume is so low you can barely hear them. You can enjoy the sound a bit in cockpit view especially in a Subaru but still.

This isn't a rant, I really like the game and I genuinely care. I see so many people especially in discord commenting and yet I don't see much being posted online or in forums, at least I haven't found much.

Is there any news? something that has been said through feedback and so on? any possible revamp, louder turbo sounds?

At the end of day, sounds have always been important in personal taste for all car geeks, if you can't feel your car what's the point?

Enjoy the game everyone, stay safe.
 3 users liked this post.
#277 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:57:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPs0F10K0uNaV1X Go to Quoted Post
Is there any news? something that has been said through feedback and so on? any possible revamp, louder turbo sounds?

Sadly but dont hope for any improvements.

fh3, fm7 etc they all had bad sounds, was reported but nothing was rly done by the devs.
Now in fh4 we have the same bad recylced fm7 sound + new low effort sounds.

Because.. well:
- Devs dont rly read their own forum / dont care coz ppl buy it anyways.

- too much work for t10/pg to redesign the sound (same goes for reworking all the old reused fm4/fh1 cars models/content/textures) it's easier and cheaper to reuse and/or copy & paste and mix the the sound on a pc instead of using decent records.. or at least creating a satisfying individual sound.

- T10/pg has no compentent developers (no offense, but releasing since yrs low effort content is not rly professional)

Imo the forza series needs a new dev team..

Back to topic

TVR cerbera speed 12 - 7.7L V12, sounds like a motorbike in game.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:38:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature
 2 users liked this post.
#278 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:56:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPs0F10K0uNaV1X Go to Quoted Post

Sadly but dont hope for any improvements.

fh3, fm7 etc they all had bad sounds, was reported but nothing was rly done by the devs.
Now in fh4 we have the same bad recylced fm7 sound + new low effort sounds.

Because.. well:
- Devs dont rly read their own forum / dont care coz ppl buy it anyways.

- too much work for t10/pg to redesign the sound (same goes for reworking all the old reused fm4/fh1 cars models/content/textures)

- T10/pg has no compentent developers (no offense, but releasing since yrs low effort content is not rly professional)

Imo the forza series needs a new dev team..

+ most reviews don't mention it

1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:35:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuppeSrap Go to Quoted Post

+ most reviews don't mention it

Ofc not, negative critique = no more money for a praising review, no free early access copy etc.
Also mostly the reviews are based on nothing, played few minutes or just the demo to rush the review to be the first = more/most views/clicks and the major audience without their own opinion falling for it instant pre-order etc. , while only a handful are disapointed (the few % nobody cares about)

But thats not rly a new thing these days, but still sad how it is.

Signature
 2 users liked this post.
#280 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:31:24 AM(UTC)
I believe they will fix issues, if we continue to communicate the issues sensibly and without anger. Sound design is hard work and goes seriously underappreciated for what work does go into the cars that sound right/great. Let's just keep the thread going and remain positive and civil, they DO read the forums, and the reddit, it's jsut how much time and resources they have to do what and where. All I'd say, is keep faith and keep communicating here, via twitter, facebook, other social media calmy and politely and they will see the engine sound issues need higher priority attention and fixes/updates to those culprit cars.
#281 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:47:06 AM(UTC)
I added.Ford Falcon XA GT-HO, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Ferrari 458 and Speciale and TVR Cerbera 12 to the masterlist on page 8.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 5:48:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#282 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:13:08 AM(UTC)
I don't really care because I don't drive that much in the Alfa 8C, but that engine sound is ruined aswell. I'm not sure but another car in FH3 had the exact same sound.
#283 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:06:11 PM(UTC)
Please CHANGE the sound of honda's. In FH3 it was perfect.
#284 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:15:01 PM(UTC)
some suggestions from my end to Mr. Fulton and his team:

- could you rebalance the sound in the game so that car sounds stand out? the player's car and AI cars are just too quiet. (im not on TV speakers)
- separate volume slider for AI cars; other sounds have to be lowered (crash sounds and menu sounds TOO loud) to hear one's own car properly but that means also losing some of the reverb/ambient effects and already quiet AI cars
- look into wrong car notes and also give the cars a bass and volume boost; the downshifts can seem awefully quiet on a lot of cars such as the Aventador or R35 Skyline
- idle and revving sounds; these really ought to stand out in a car game; there's a strange sound on the 12' Aventador and R35 Skyline on idle, as if popcorn is slowly cooking in a kettle
- is the game utilising 5.1/7.1 sound properly for cars? kindly include a native 7.1 option like there is for fm7 and possibly a volume/bass boost for player's car
- the drivatar cars sound different; same issue as fh3. i passed an AI aventador, challenged it to a race and it sounded the same as the fm6/7 aventador sample. same for the AI veneno; it does not sound like the player's veneno. don't know why the drivatar cars sound different than the player's cars (with the exception of engine swaps this time around) but i recall faintly that this was a known issue in the fh3 car sound thread as well

sorry if some of the points seem like a repeat but my only real issue with the game's sound balance is the player's car and AI cars being a bit muted while everything else, especially menu sounds, are unusually loud.

thanks for reading - great effort mr. fulton - will continue to buy your games and appreciate your product even more with the team's continued support and updates to make the game better.

happy free roam everybody!
 4 users liked this post.
#285 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:00:22 PM(UTC)
I don't know what I find more disgusting. The sounds themselves and how cars that sounded oh so perfect in FH3 but not anymore, or the fact that the developers couldn't give a damn.

As dramatic as it sounds, I've kind of lost faith in gaming these days. Forza Horizon 4 is a straight up 9.5/10 game. It has ALL of the ingredients to be the perfect racer. And it's like that was too good to be true so they had to skimp somewhere, and it just had to be something as vital to the driving experience as sounds. As if cutting and pasting FM4 models in without making sure there were any bugs/imperfections wasn't bad enough, the butchering of sounds takes the cake.

I could understand if this was Need for Speed or The Crew or some true arcade racer. But this is Forza. The same overall experience as Motorsport with adjusted mechanics for an open world map and less serious environment. Car sounds matter. People get these games to drive cars, like they do on the track, but on a much bigger playground. Sound matters. In a game where the soundtrack is so important and even things like draw distance or tree textures, you'd think the cars would be spot on. But they're not.

It would feel much less insulting if the sounds were already bad in the past. But no. So many great car sounds from FH3 have been replaced with either already existing, less desirable sounds or something that sounds slapped together. What in the h e double hockey sticks is the LaFerrari sound, P1 sound? 1M? i8? The list goes on. Don't get me started on the Huayra. The list goes on. I'm forced, yes forced unless I want to lose my mind, to avoid anything that sounds like garbage. There's a huge selection of cars thankfully (or not, was it quantity over quality???) so I still have a lot of cars I regularly drive the sound good and are modeled well. But so many cars that have been butchered that I was so eager to drive and rightfully so considering the sounded good in the past.

Like what is going on in the sound department? Did you guys fire anybody with competence and hire from The Crew or Rockstar Games? I say the current team should be taught how a car sounds like, can get out from behind their desks, go and record/drive some of these cars and try their best to make them sound at least decent. We have teams that do photography for the skies. A team for trees. They did a great job. So why can't we get a team that knows how to do car sounds? For a game focused around cars, you guys sure have your priorities mixed up. Cars come first, before everything else. This game really has taken a hit because of the lackluster car sounds. I'm surprised handling wasn't cut and paste/butchered. Good otherwise I'd sell this game.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 10:03:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#286 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:56:06 AM(UTC)
Im gonna open up by saying l do think some of the cars sound absolutely great. The cars in general seem to have off throttle burble and there are more cars with straight cut gears. Yes!

However l almost feel like the production has faulted on some cars. That there are whole frequency spectrums missing.
Like the Dodge Charger Hellcat. I used to just sit listening it idle in FH3. Now there is no bass. It is as if the low end had been EQ'd out.
A traffic Cooper S literally had more rumble driving past me -- this is not hyperbole! Really the traffic cars have more bass than the Charger.

I always install race exhaust and camshaft to open and extend the audio range.
#287 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:27:22 PM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/3IVT1_panSM

A45 has a great sound. Even the DSG upshift sound is there. Why for example Audi RS3 doesn't have the upshift sound? Hope devs are reading this thread, the sounds need to be patched and at least 12 000 people (likes on https://youtu.be/NMToNfSCF_0 ) agree...
 1 user liked this post.
#288 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:35:36 PM(UTC)
Db10 was patched.

https://youtu.be/yUn7jMd6qoQ
#289 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:25:29 PM(UTC)
That's great news! I removed it from the list on page 8.
 1 user liked this post.
#290 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:25:34 PM(UTC)
This thread is an exercise in pedantism and empty argumentation.

People say "this is wrong!", but never explain why. And they don't seem to know what constitutes a good sound. Let's take the 2004 Civic in FH3. It sounded HORRIBLE. One of the worst VTECs I've ever heard in games. It was completely wrong, as if it had reverberation of some sort, and sounded like a broken record. Yet here were are with people praising it!

Guys, the Honda sounds may not be all that in chase cam, but in interior cam they're actually very pleasant to listen to and sound like they should. And Playground fixed many of the wrong frequencies from FM7.

As for the Carrera GT, just listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqgAk_BPiE

Stock exhaust, onboard cam. Has NONE of the "F1 sound" it's known for. FM7 and FH4 happen to capture the metallic rumble of the engine. Might need some improvement, but that's how it should sound. FH3 and 2 never did, the car sounded whiny, as the exhaust note was exaggerated, like in most other interpretations of the Carrera GT across multiple games.

You guys don't even know that the I6 sound they used in various BMWs and Skylines is a Supra turbo sound, and call it "RB26 sound". No, the actual RB26DETT sounds much meaner than that. It actually sounds close to a BMW of its era, but with its own unique tone and the turbos on top of it. How can I expect accurate criticism in this thread, then? Things like the DB10 are easy to fix. Carrera GT and 458 Speciale, not so much. I must say I don't recall the 458 Speciale sounding all that different in FH4 next to 3.

I'll give you guys the Viper. The sound in FM7 was pretty much spot on and in FH4 the mixing was bad. They should fix it. But sounds like 2.0 VTEC, VR6, Carrera GT V10, even the Hellcats... No. Hate to say it, but you're wrong. The old Forzas prior to FM7 had gamey exhaust sounds you don't see in the industry anymore. Watch any exhaust cam from a real car on YouTube. Sounds are drastically different from interior cam. FM6 and older never did a good job of replicating such difference.

There are a few sounds that need fixes among those I've tried:

1) The Racing V8 engine swap's sound needs its frequency to match that of the engine. Right now, at 9000 rpm, it sounds as if it was at 8000 rpm.
2) 1997 BMW M3 and older Bimmers with 6-cylinder engines also need the frequency to be much higher. With the engine at 8000 rpm, the sound feels as if it was at 7000 rpm. The 1997 M3 in particular might also need the sample it had in FM7 as well.
3) TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is too quiet. I have no idea if it's accurate. It's difficult to record anyway.
4) Ferrari 512 TR might not have the grunt it does IRL from what I've heard in LaRacer's mission.
5) 2018 Mustang GT is not accurate, needs different samples.
6) Lamborghini V10 sound needs higher frequency. Same problem as 1997 M3. Gallardo needs its unique sample back (it sounds much better than the Huracán). The team might also need to separate the R8 and the Huracán a little better.
7) In LaFerrari, a Ferrari V8 sample was mixed with the V12 in the higher rpm range to increase bass. This background V8 sample needs to be quieter and the V12 sound, louder. Similar problem with the Viper, really.

"The core promise of the Nemesis System is the ability to build relationships with your personal allies and enemies in a dynamic open world. We have come to realize that letting players purchase Orcs risked undermining the Nemesis System." (Monolith Studios)
#291 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:52:58 PM(UTC)
VTEC sounds good from the interior, that's true, but exhaust sound is very unpleasant. And Porsche Carrera GT, you have a point, it sounds very accurate from that onboard video, I'm very impressed but the exterior view propably could be better in the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#292 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:12:23 AM(UTC)
I wonder if they can fix most of these issues if not all by increasing car volume and bass. It is so distracting and annoying to have my amp set to nearly 80% just to hear the cars properly, while having insanely loud announcer sound or menu sounds. Hope they will have a dedicated crew in future which does extensive testing on sound mixing, frequency range, balance, etc. for each car in the game.

Give the cars volume and impact PG - the traffic, crash effects, announcer, menu sounds don't need to make the walls shake - the cars do! Please roll out a fix, its adversely affecting gameplay. And also correct the wrong samples - I don't have time to compile an entire list but what everyone has pointed out in this thread - those sounds ought to get corrected. Thank you for considering our suggestions PG.
#293 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:43:20 AM(UTC)
Tried the Drift pack Mustang and its another sorry victim to the too silent sound. It makes the car unusable; l dont want to have a drift beast that sounds like a kind blender.

Im not sure if the Hellcat critisism addressed the Charger but if theyve made the car more modest and silent irl that's an "improvement" l do not want in the game.

Accuracy is important but the cars need to sound thrilling as well. Id rather have the wrong sound thats awesome, than a correct sound thats bland.
#294 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:28:10 AM(UTC)
The turbos whisteles have been turned down so much almost to the point of not being able to hear them at all. Some cars sound good, but most cars, the turbo is so quiet it s almost non existant. Formula drift cars sound great, but that doesn't mean that the other cars don't need to have forced induction sounds. This is one of the things that has always made Forza the authentic racing game out as far as I'm concerned. Definitely took a step backwards in the sound department. As the saying suggest " if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Please turn up the turbos sounds, please!!!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:29:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#295 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:36:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiotrGT Go to Quoted Post
VTEC sounds good from the interior, that's true, but exhaust sound is very unpleasant. And Porsche Carrera GT, you have a point, it sounds very accurate from that onboard video, I'm very impressed but the exterior view propably could be better in the game.

It's not about being pleasant, it's about being accurate. I'm sorry for the rude tone, but it's what it is.

In this video you can hear for yourself how whiny a stock K20's exhaust can be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...CQIk0kgscjBq1yg&t=0s

There are many, many cars over the years people have made up fantasies about. The R34 GT-R for example does not usually sound like the example in 2F2F. Carrera GT is another one.

However, you guys definitely have a point that there's much work to be done in the sound department. I suspect we won't see accurate N55 sounds in FH4, but they could at least have used a better alternative.
"The core promise of the Nemesis System is the ability to build relationships with your personal allies and enemies in a dynamic open world. We have come to realize that letting players purchase Orcs risked undermining the Nemesis System." (Monolith Studios)
#296 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:38:52 AM(UTC)
To add to the list of issues, some cars are almost impossible to hear from inside the cabin.

I just re-did the worlds fastest story mode, and the Zonda Cinque was almost silent. I've been in an F Roadster at full throttle........it's like sitting in an explosion, like hell came to earth and has manifested itself in the form of sheer brutal aural madness!

The other day, the Koeniggsegg Agera RS had a mad intake whistle in third and fourth, but it only happened for one day. The levels are a total mess.

This is all running through a Yamaha RX-V683 Atmos receiver, which has no problem shaking the walls with all other forms of media. Even Forza 7 was perfect with this setup.
#297 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:06:12 PM(UTC)
Voting for a sound patch too. And there are 2 more DLC's on the way. People are paying for 2 damn games, and the two DLC's sure ain't going to make up for more more game's price.
So there is a lot of time for improvement, and lot of time that the game will be actively played, please dear developers improve upon this mess. It's a downgrade from Horizon 3, I did not expect this when I bought the game.
#298 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:52:14 PM(UTC)
To be honest the whole forza series going back to forza 1 has not been good sound wise. They only had to beat GT which is not that hard at the time.

The just never improved by much same turbo induction same bov samples.

They need to step it up some. The guys that do the audio need to spend some time at a track. They miss all the nuances.
#299 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:21:16 PM(UTC)
Why do the all the rotary engines besides the 4 rotor swap all sound like Honda’s still? A ton of people complained about this on the Forza 7 forum and you still kept the screwed up sound samples in your new game. Just put the Forza 5 rotary sounds in the game they actually sound right. As it is now I can’t stand driving any of the rx7s because horrid sound sample wrecks the immersion.
#300 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:30:21 PM(UTC)
I have 2 cars not listed that the sound isn't right.

Kia Stinger GT - sounded incredible in FM7. Sounds rubbish in FH4.
E49 Charger - sounds like it's been neutered. Where's that Hemi 6 growl it's known for?

74 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error