74 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#226 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:59:43 AM(UTC)
It seems to be always a game of compromise.
Sadly, a compromise on the engine sound for a car game is a bit disappointing for me.
 2 users liked this post.
#227 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:15:16 AM(UTC)
There are some sounds I can tolerate and others that put me off like the RB26 sound, but for example i can't drive the hondas because the sound is so annoying... sounds like a 1.4 entry level 1990 civic with a can... The same happens in FM7.

I understand that we switched sound engines and can't reuse old ones , but in which point did we switch sound engines, FH3 ? As I understand Playground could use some FH3 or FM7 sounds right?

There's a nice list from PiotrGT in the Features Wish List. ( Page 20 ).
#228 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:58:19 AM(UTC)
I'm pleased to say that Mazda RX7 has been removed from the list of inaccurate sounds. It sounds pretty good, I feel sorry for putting it there. But RX8 still has that unpleasant exhaust sound, a bit similiar to the sound VTEC engines have in the game.
 3 users liked this post.
#229 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:08:46 AM(UTC)
For the love of god, playgroud and turn10 please... do something about the god dang engine sounds. Forza use to use its audio recording or engines as a staple for its advertising. Now every car sounds the same. I am three things, a car guy, a gamer and a photo/videographer. As with any great looking video, it should be accompanied by excellent sound and forza horizon 4 does not stack up. Ive heard a lot of the cars in this game, in my life and nearly 90% sound nothing like their real counterparts. That said, even though the game is wonderful; i still feel ripped off as a fan and consumer. Patch the damn sounds for the sake of your buyers.
#230 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:11:37 AM(UTC)
For those who dislike the sound of the RB26 powered cars - the sound noticeably improves when you switch to cockpit or hood cam.
#231 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:22:03 AM(UTC)
WHERE IS TEH FORCED INDUCTION NOISEZ?!
 3 users liked this post.
#232 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:51:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: e36 FTW Go to Quoted Post
WHERE IS TEH FORCED INDUCTION NOISEZ?!

So, this is actually something I agree on with PG. Most stock cars with a turbo do not have an audible turbo or blow off noise. Take the Giulia QV as an example. We all know it’s a twin turbo V6. But I can tell you from experience that you would hardly notice it driving it. I was driving the 911 turbo last night and it had the perfect level of turbo noise (I left it stock), it was just there. I like this a lot for a stock car. However, I do agree that if you throw an aftermarket air filter on, or upgrade your turbos/supercharger, it should be crazy audible. It should sound like the heavily modded 2JZ’s and RB26’s.

Now, obviously there are cars that do have insane levels of FI noise. Hellcats should scream, old rally cars should stu stu all day long. I guess it really just goes back to what we’ve been saying, make car noises unique and accurate to the cars lol.
 2 users liked this post.
#233 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:00:52 AM(UTC)
I think it's time to get back some sounds from Horizon 3, its a shame hear like 6 or 10 cars with the same sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMToNfSCF_0
 5 users liked this post.
#234 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:07:42 AM(UTC)
I had hopes in fh4 with the car sound, bought it aand, nope.

So far every car I own in-game sounds awfull and wrong in Fh4.

The Golf 4 R32 has more punch than a Ferrari or BMW M5...
Brings me to the next car, the bmw. the sounds are so bad and weak.. the e92 M3 for examüle oh my god -__-
The Ferrari sound is a joke too and the golden pre-order Pagani Zonda omg.. like a 125cc motorbike .. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] ?!
So far every audi rs sounds bad or lambos.. The jaguar, not even close @.@
Lame feeling muscle cars..
The turbos are again too quiet, same with the supercharger, exhaust pops feels like it was ripped from fm7, same lame bubble wrap foil popping sound.
No difference between stock and upgrade turbo, air filter, exhaust etc.

The r35 and scirocco r are okay so far.
But for a racing game, the car sound should be at least satisfying, but thats a joke in forza since yrs..
It was good, but is going down the road with every new title now.. The audio devs should left the studio...

A good example, nfs shift, the sound wasnt rly realistic but man it was satisfying reving and racing around with the cars, hearing the supercharger scream and so on..
Or tdu, was good too.

Ugh.. for a AAA Game like Forza, this is a joke.. and the sad thing I doubt t10/pg will update the sound, it was reuqested in fh3 and mf7 and nothing happend.

I'm rly done with forza now, since yrs over and over the same..
. old recylced car models, no new details/overhauls to the old models, bad sound, no new tuning features like turbo setting /adjustment, better / more spoiler options, more rims(same btw. since fm4 still the same low poly models), upgrade brakes are still the same low poly red ones from fm4.. Nfs 2015 did a better job here (more or less)
No different exhaust tips, no visual weight reduction, Lack of ideas in general(oh boi and the community posted soo many great stuff over the years.. but no, nothing, but thanks for the wheel spaceers.. that feature was in the dev kit since yrs) still no paintable brakes, still no high quality and new content for the editor, no vairity in engine swap (lame) no two tone rims, no with so many things.
Even the world is dead and empty as [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

"We listen to the community" ha yeah.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:43:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature
 1 user liked this post.
#235 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:47:51 AM(UTC)
TDU's sounds were the worst ever.
"The core promise of the Nemesis System is the ability to build relationships with your personal allies and enemies in a dynamic open world. We have come to realize that letting players purchase Orcs risked undermining the Nemesis System." (Monolith Studios)
 6 users liked this post.
#236 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:53:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post
I had hopes in fh4 with the car sound, bought it aand, nope.

So far every car I own in-game sounds awfull and wrong in Fh4.

The Golf 4 R32 has more punch than a Ferrari or BMW M5...
Brings me to the next car, the bmw. the sounds are so bad and weak.. the e92 M3 for examüle oh my god -__-
The Ferrari sound is a joke too and the golden pre-order Pagani Zonda omg.. like a 125cc motorbike .. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] ?!
So far every audi rs sounds bad or lambos.. The jaguar, not even close @.@
Lame feeling muscle cars..
The turbos are again too quiet, same with the supercharger, exhaust pops feels like it was ripped from fm7, same lame bubble wrap foil popping sound.
No difference between stock and upgrade turbo, air filter, exhaust etc.

The r35 and scirocco r are okay so far.
But for a racing game, the car sound should be at least satisfying, but thats a joke in forza since yrs..
It was good, but is going down the road with every new title now.. The audio devs should left the studio...

A good example, nfs shift, the sound wasnt rly realistic but man it was satisfying reving and racing around with the cars, hearing the supercharger scream and so on..
Or tdu, was good too.

Ugh.. for a AAA Game like Forza, this is a joke.. and the sad thing I doubt t10/pg will update the sound, it was reuqested in fh3 and mf7 and nothing happend.

I'm rly done with forza now, since yrs over and over the same..
. old recylced car models, no new details/overhauls to the old models, bad sound, no new tuning features like turbo setting /adjustment, better / more spoiler options, more rims(same btw. since fm4 still the same low poly models), upgrade brakes are still the same low poly red ones from fm4.. Nfs 2015 did a better job here (more or less)
No different exhaust tips, no visual weight reduction, Lack of ideas in general(oh boi and the community posted soo many great stuff over the years.. but no, nothing, but thanks for the wheel spaceers.. that feature was in the dev kit since yrs) still no paintable brakes, still no high quality and new content for the editor, no vairity in engine swap (lame) no two tone rims, no with so many things.
Even the world is dead and empty as [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

"We listen to the community" ha yeah.

"Forza sucks, devs don't care, never buying another Forza again. GT Sport is better"

~ 2 years from now ~

"So hype for Forza Horizon 5! Does anybody know at what time the Ultimate Version becomes available?"

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:44:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#237 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:57:21 AM(UTC)
The sounds in Forza used to be the selling point of the game, what on earth happened? With every new title more and more people are noticing more cars have messed up sounds. Ever since Forza 7 I haven't went near any Ferrari, maserari Honda or Subaru. Now the Bmws are all messed up, and skylines! Like WHAT! HOW? If it ain't broke, please don't fix it. They were actually pretty damn good in previous Forzas. Proof is in the pudding(make sure to look at the comments):

https://youtu.be/NMToNfSCF_0

I don't know if it's just me, but before buying a car now I try to figure whether the sound will be messed up or not depending on the cylinders and displacement. High reving V12? Not going to bother. Straight 6? Not going to bother. I4 turbo? No thanks. 5L+muscle V8? All generic.
Honestly, there are probably not even 30 cars that sound close to their real life counterparts. The sound department has received a lot of criticism the past 2 titles, we want to see an improvement. We are hoping for a patch, or if not, a massive improvement in the next title. I've never debated buying a Forza game, however I'm going to start debating whether or not to buy the new titles due to the lack of improvements in this area (by this I mean the downgrades in this area). This is a racing game; car list, physics, customisation & tuning, audio, and map/tracks should be the main focus, not graphics, story's, and daft rewards or emotes.
-Cheers.
 8 users liked this post.
#238 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:22:58 PM(UTC)
Hey guys. I just wanted to give y’all an update. In the stream today I got confirmation from a couple of the moderators that devs are well aware of the sound problems and feedback and are working on fixing it. There was no confirmation of an ETA - but I think the fact that they are hearing us and working on something is great news. (I’d post my screenshot of the chat here but I don’t see how to do that on my phone lol)
 2 users liked this post.
#239 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:35:29 PM(UTC)
I cannot believe how awful the engine sounds are in this game. There are cars that sound completely opposite than what they are, and cars that have the same audio files as others.. This is a disgrace and there's no reason to be like this. Also, a LS7 7.0 and a LS3 6.2 sound the EXACT SAME.. my personal worst. Engine swaps and intake/cam/exhaust should make differences too. Seriously Playground/Turn 10, fix this nonsense for me and millions of others. It's not hard to place an audio file in a game, 2002 games are better than this.
 1 user liked this post.
#240 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:55:21 PM(UTC)
Let's hope it's the engine sound and not some random menu sound effect or something.
#241 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:09:11 PM(UTC)
There finally listening to us maybe we all moan about other things now like exhaust tips more wheels and a choice for collisions in multiplayer online 😁
 1 user liked this post.
#242 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
I like the wheels we have now, I don't mind having just those but surely, the more the better, it's not a thread for that though, if you really want more wheels, write in the Features Wishlist if you didn't already. And the multiplayer might get improved somewhere down the line, there is a lot of feedback on it and people want the old features back and I agree on that.

As for sounds, one more thing that could be improved is the bass and tremble especially on V8 engines. Also, are you sure it wasn't just about the sound bugs? There are many and they also happen to me (sound disappearing, being stuck on certain rpm, that Agera RS bug where it sounds like a kitchen kettle out of sudden etc). Those are things that surely will get fixed. If it was indeed about inaccurate sounds, that's amazing if the patch is in the works, means all my work of the last days I put into the list didn't go nowhere.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:58:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#243 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:53:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiotrGT Go to Quoted Post

As for sounds, one more thing that could be improved is the bass and tremble especially on V8 engines. Also, are you sure it wasn't just about the sound bugs? There are many and they also happen to me (sound disappearing, being stuck on certain rpm, that Agera RS bug where it sounds like a kitchen kettle out of sudden etc). Those are things that surely will get fixed. If it was indeed about inaccurate sounds, that's amazing if the patch is in the works, means all my work of the last days I put into the list didn't go nowhere.

Actually, that’s not something I considered, it hasn’t been a major issue for me. I will try find out.
 1 user liked this post.
#244 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:02:48 PM(UTC)
It depends on how you asked, if you asked them to fix the sounds then it was propably understood as "fix the sound bugs". If you said something about sounds being inaccurate then that answer gives us lots of hope. ;)
#245 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:57:58 PM(UTC)
This is how I look at it. If tokyo extreme racer could have different spool sounds for their cars why cant PG. If this old game can have interchangeable parts like turbos or intercooler which where different for each level of upgrade that actually changed on the front of the car and increased the spool volume and BOV surge why cant PG take a page from a game that's almost 15 years old or so. So in that. My taking was when you made the R34 a prize car it would sound amazing. And to my disbelief it sounded like a Nissan cube. Not turbo spool nothing. And the Hondas sound like complete garbage. You have to drive with a v8 to even manage to stand driving a civic. Now you took thebtime to make a ford focus sound good. Wth happened to the to other cars.
#246 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:38:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BOOOMSHACALACA Go to Quoted Post
I cannot believe how awful the engine sounds are in this game. There are cars that sound completely opposite than what they are, and cars that have the same audio files as others.. This is a disgrace and there's no reason to be like this. Also, a LS7 7.0 and a LS3 6.2 sound the EXACT SAME.. my personal worst. Engine swaps and intake/cam/exhaust should make differences too. Seriously Playground/Turn 10, fix this nonsense for me and millions of others. It's not hard to place an audio file in a game, 2002 games are better than this.

2002 games had 25 cars in total.

Do you know how NFS made their sounds change with upgrades? Simple: they had like 10 generic samples and then layered samples obtained from dyno sessions over them. But again, they had only 25, 30 cars, few of which were 100% accurate (usually anything Japanese). The Supra for example wasn't, especially because it sounds terrible and is difficult to record due to the twin turbos muffling everything, so they used a 350Z sample, which sounds close enough, and better.

I can't recall a game from the past decade with great sounds, excluding FM3, which was great then, less so now. Gran Turismo, Test Drive Unlimited, GRID, NFS Shift, all pretty bad. Even sims like GTR2 weren't all that great, as the V12 cars in that game used the same samples with just slight variations between them, and the M3 GTR was far off. So this "in 2002 the games had better sounds" thing is a myth. 2002 was when NFSHP2 was released, and the sounds in that game were pathetic.

Originally Posted by: fireoptikz Go to Quoted Post
This is how I look at it. If tokyo extreme racer could have different spool sounds for their cars why cant PG. If this old game can have interchangeable parts like turbos or intercooler which where different for each level of upgrade that actually changed on the front of the car and increased the spool volume and BOV surge why cant PG take a page from a game that's almost 15 years old or so. So in that. My taking was when you made the R34 a prize car it would sound amazing. And to my disbelief it sounded like a Nissan cube. Not turbo spool nothing. And the Hondas sound like complete garbage. You have to drive with a v8 to even manage to stand driving a civic. Now you took thebtime to make a ford focus sound good. Wth happened to the to other cars.

TXR is also the very analogue of "watching paint dry" among racing games.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:40:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"The core promise of the Nemesis System is the ability to build relationships with your personal allies and enemies in a dynamic open world. We have come to realize that letting players purchase Orcs risked undermining the Nemesis System." (Monolith Studios)
#247 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:40:16 PM(UTC)
I don't really want to get involved in this topic of the audio, because I understand the situation behind it, but your decisions for using the same audio engine of regular M4 in this other vehicles are something I cant understand. Also in many other of the vehicles.

BMW M4 GTS and BMW 2 were DLC in Forza Horizon 3 and had a really much better improved sound compared the regular M4 that had this 2jz like the Supra and Skylines. Now even this vehicles have this exact sound, like 2jz epidemic. If the original sound was lost, erased, copyrighted, etc., you could have tried re-used the ones in FM7, of which actually sounds amazing. Also cars like AMG GTS, C63S, AMG GTR had amazing sound on Forza Motorsport 7, and should been much better than the ones coming from FH3. Or another V6-I6 Samples.

Another thing to mention its it was nice to see some vehicles got an upgrade and balance to their index points class. But some others were really lower than actual. An example its the C63 S, I know the BMW M4 can beat this car anytime on drag race but on track they have really similar performances, as well exactly same top speed. In the game its not, C63 S its only A777 compared BMW M4 A800... This car should be around this value on stock! And its also its very slow in-game, compared the rest. Also the RS7, its only A561, but how its possible an M4 can have higher class than an RS7?

In FM7 their classes were highly different, but still they had very accurate performances in the game. RS7 and C63 S had higher Index points than the M4 but in this game its vice versa.
In my opinion they should be similar. The C63 S as equally to BMW M4.

FH4 you had better Classes but worst performances in the game. Most on Drag Racing!
 1 user liked this post.
#248 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:32:10 PM(UTC)
Is there any word on whether PG is going to address all car sound issues? I agree there are many inaccurate notes in the game, a lot of sample sharing, etc. but the low car volume and near-absent bass on exhaust sounds is really ruining the experience for me.

I don't understand for the love of me - in this era of 4K/60 fps gaming, why is a first-party CAR game developer taking sound so lightly? You'd think a game that can kick out 1080p/60fps on the Xbox could at least have sound to match the visuals.

The game is beautiful overall. I can also see interesting touches and improvements to the physics model - but it is really appalling to know that the sound in a car game that has been celebrated so much over the years is now taking steps back with every version. I've played the game on friends' and coworkers' systems by now who game on $1000+ 7.1 surround systems, yet the game just sounds pathetic when you floor it with the volume turned up. Sad times in racing game history.

Keep taking it easy PG/T10 - your competitors are stepping up their game as we speak.
#249 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:21:21 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4 hands down has the WORST sound department out of all Forza games. It's ridiculous how they didn't just copy and paste the sounds but they also took a step back by DOWNGRADING the damn exhaust notes. Take for example, ALL of the I6 TT BMW's share the same nasty sound that the Supra/R34 had in FH3. In FH3, the M4, M2, 1M and M235i ALL had unique exhaust notes. Now, they ALL sound the same, like they didn't even try changing up at least one of them. Other sound notes like the V10 in the Viper or the I4 from the Hondas are even worse. This game literally nailed every category - gameplay, graphics, controls but when it came to the sounds, I was truly disappointed.
#250 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:16:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BOOOMSHACALACA Go to Quoted Post

2002 games had 25 cars in total.

Do you know how NFS made their sounds change with upgrades? Simple: they had like 10 generic samples and then layered samples obtained from dyno sessions over them. But again, they had only 25, 30 cars, few of which were 100% accurate (usually anything Japanese). The Supra for example wasn't, especially because it sounds terrible and is difficult to record due to the twin turbos muffling everything, so they used a 350Z sample, which sounds close enough, and better.

I can't recall a game from the past decade with great sounds, excluding FM3, which was great then, less so now. Gran Turismo, Test Drive Unlimited, GRID, NFS Shift, all pretty bad. Even sims like GTR2 weren't all that great, as the V12 cars in that game used the same samples with just slight variations between them, and the M3 GTR was far off. So this "in 2002 the games had better sounds" thing is a myth. 2002 was when NFSHP2 was released, and the sounds in that game were pathetic.

Originally Posted by: fireoptikz Go to Quoted Post

TXR is also the very analogue of "watching paint dry" among racing games.

Yes it was but atleast they took the time to give us sounds and a boost button. Lol everyone know about boost controllers except PG. But that's a different storyz, different day.
74 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error