2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 2:43:35 PM(UTC)
Will fh4 need a xbox live pass to play online on PC? I've never gotten a forza game nor a xbox game.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:59:56 AM(UTC)
You need an Xbox Account (For PC it will automatically create one for your Microsoft account if it isn't already linked to an existing Xbox Live account), But you DO NOT need a paid Xbox Live GOLD account. A standard free account will work on PC.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 4:43:35 PM(UTC)
Hello!

So I played Forza Horizon 3 on an xbox before (not mine), on an account without the xbox live subscription. No online play and a few other features, but I could still play the game, buy from the auction house, and progress just like normal.

Now I am looking to get Forza Horizon 4 on a Windows 10 laptop. Was originally looking at the Ultimate bundle, but I was wondering what (if anything) NOT having the xbox live subscription would cause me to miss out on? Im okay with not playing online... But if I dont get the car packs, expansions, and/or VIP access (thats permanent right?), then I dont think it is worth it for me.

Thanks!
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#29 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 6:02:51 AM(UTC)
You're in luck, only us suckers on the Xbox have to pay for live. PC users get it free

I'll add that I believe it was ol(very very old, and a gaslighter) Alan J T who clued me in about Microsoft rewards, so now I'm only out a few minutes every day for about 3 months to get a year of live gold for free. I started rewards 96 days ago, my current gold was set to run out end of this money, but I've already reupped another year free(until 9/2019), and I've got more than enough points to get another year if I choose to do so.

Edited by user Friday, September 7, 2018 6:08:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Just giving a shout out to Alan😁

1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 6:03:25 AM(UTC)
You have to have an Xbox live account to play the game on PC, A Microsoft account also doubles as an Xbox Account.

An Xbox Live Gold Subscription is only required for online play on XBox, but if you are going to be playing on PC you do not need a Gold Subscription to play online.
#31 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 8:14:50 AM(UTC)
Yes if you buy the ultimate edition you will get all the content you pay for. The game has been designed from the ground up to work equally well solo or online, you'll be able to create your races/championships/routes with the blueprint system and new route creator which should keep you entertained for a while.
#32 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 8:50:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: adam1204 Go to Quoted Post
Now I am looking to get Forza Horizon 4 on a Windows 10 laptop.

Should wait for the demo before buying Ultimate, because a laptop might struggle to run the game properly.
#33 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 10:04:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: blackhole552 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: adam1204 Go to Quoted Post
Now I am looking to get Forza Horizon 4 on a Windows 10 laptop.

Should wait for the demo before buying Ultimate, because a laptop might struggle to run the game properly.

There are laptops out there that will run the game just as well as a top end desktop. At this point it's just a matter of portability and form factor.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:53:51 PM(UTC)
I am planning on playing online on the servers on FH4 when it comes out, but I don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership. Do you need one to play online? I'm wondering this, as in FM7, you don't need one to play online, but I'm wondering if that's the same for FH4. Can someone help me out here?
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:15:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: J4K3M6047 Go to Quoted Post
I am planning on playing online on the servers on FH4 when it comes out, but I don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership. Do you need one to play online? I'm wondering this, as in FM7, you don't need one to play online, but I'm wondering if that's the same for FH4. Can someone help me out here?

On PC, you don't need Xbox Live Gold to play online Multiplayer. So if you play FH4 on PC, you don't need it.

On Xbox One family of devices, you do need Xbox Live Gold for any game with synchronous online multiplayer - including FM7 and FH4.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:16:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:16:28 PM(UTC)
Of course you nees xblg to play online (races ans free roam with friends)
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:57:16 AM(UTC)
I'm wondering if I need an Xbox Live Gold membership, as I might be playing online to beat the Forzathon Live challenges. Anyone know if you need Gold to play online?
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:41:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: J4K3M6047 Go to Quoted Post
I'm wondering if I need an Xbox Live Gold membership, as I might be playing online to beat the Forzathon Live challenges. Anyone know if you need Gold to play online?

Read the previous responses
If on pc you dont
If on xbone you do
#39 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 11:23:41 AM(UTC)
How will the Forza 4 on game pass differ from the ultimate version?
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 11:27:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: brooster51 Go to Quoted Post
How will the Forza 4 on game pass differ from the ultimate version?

On game pass it is just the normal version. No car packs, no VIP, no expansion packs.
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:40:35 AM(UTC)
Hello! I am a fozra horizon series fan and i have a question:
Does forza horizon 4 singleplayer requires xbox live gold???

[Mod Edit - thread merged, read above - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, September 23, 2018 8:37:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 5:23:13 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4 is NOT online only.

Offline Single player does not require XBox Live Gold.
#43 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 12:44:18 AM(UTC)
Is the vip membership provided in ultimate version still beneficial if you don't play online multiplayer?
#44 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:20:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GarvitMadan30 Go to Quoted Post
Is the vip membership provided in ultimate version still beneficial if you don't play online multiplayer?

Probably more so
#45 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 4:36:29 AM(UTC)
I want to know that are FH4 is free to play on multiplayer yes or no. we need Xbox live gold for multiplayer in FH4?
 2 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:56:08 AM(UTC)
As an avid xbox gamer since the first xbox I feel that microsoft are abusing the entire xbox gaming community by charging us for the multiplayer aspect of this title when pc users get everything without any membership fee and forcing us onto the same server network is just another kick in the B"LL'S
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:02:55 AM(UTC)
This should be posted on xbox.com not here. It's an interesting point.
Fix ya broken game, stop releasing broken content
#48 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:59:50 AM(UTC)
You can choose to not play with PC players in game settings if you don't want to play with them.
#49 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:33:53 AM(UTC)
You know your copy of FH4 allows you to play on both PC and XB1 right? There is no favouritism when your purchase allows you to play on both platforms.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error