2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:22:27 PM(UTC)
I'm hesitant with this game. Forza's recent decisions have made it drifting a very restrictive activity. FH2 was the peak for map design and layout variation for drift tracks, I honestly took that game for granted. FH3's map design, instead, was pretty linear and top speed-oriented with limited flexibility for track layouts, even in places like Byron Bay, the Surfers Paradise parking lot, and the industrial area (which was almost unplayable due to debris). Almost every interesting and technical section of road was a dirt path. Drift zones were mostly short and required crazy high power vehicles to go through. Now with FH4, though I haven't gotten to see the whole map, it seems to flow very similarly, and already has the issue of covering the whole map in snow 25% of the time. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm paranoid, all I know is that I'm hesistant lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:40:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hipxhip Go to Quoted Post
I'm hesitant with this game. Forza's recent decisions have made it drifting a very restrictive activity. FH2 was the peak for map design and layout variation for drift tracks, I honestly took that game for granted. FH3's map design, instead, was pretty linear and top speed-oriented with limited flexibility for track layouts, even in places like Byron Bay, the Surfers Paradise parking lot, and the industrial area (which was almost unplayable due to debris). Almost every interesting and technical section of road was a dirt path. Drift zones were mostly short and required crazy high power vehicles to go through. Now with FH4, though I haven't gotten to see the whole map, it seems to flow very similarly, and already has the issue of covering the whole map in snow 25% of the time. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm paranoid, all I know is that I'm hesistant lol.

I'd say wait to see the full map first.
 8 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:44:28 PM(UTC)
Formula Drift car pack, new suspension, new steering angle are all coming to FH4. It sounds like the developers have drifters in mind.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:57:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Formula Drift car pack, new suspension, new steering angle are all coming to FH4. It sounds like the developers have drifters in mind.

These features definitely make me more interested in the game than I was when I first saw it, but none of these additions can replace something as fundamental as good, diverse, and inclusive map design. It'll take a while to determine this for sure, but Horizon 3's map design left a bitter taste in the mouths of me and many other competitive drifters in Forza.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:39:07 AM(UTC)
TomCat confirmed that there are paved mountain roads for touge-style racing and drifting. Looks like my faith might be restored in Forza Horizon. Now if we could just get Fujimi back in Motorsport 😂

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:45:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:52:58 AM(UTC)
Source?
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:58:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soules Reaper Go to Quoted Post
Source?

I can't provide a source off the top of my head but I watched a video posted yesterday where he said in a private media demo he saw paved mountain roads in addition to the dirt mountain roads already seen in the trailer.
 8 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:58:52 AM(UTC)
Uggghhh not another Fujimi Kaido back phase. Can't it just die?
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 11:47:09 AM(UTC)
Saw this on his you tube channel. He said he's seen the full map and there are many mountain roads and passes. He made a point in saying that many are paved and very technical. Can only be a positive. We havn't really seen some proper alpine roads (I desperately hoped for the alps in horizon 2) except in blizzard mountain but they were covered in ice and snow.
E30
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:48:01 PM(UTC)
The info comes from Behind Closed Door sessions where influencers met with the developers and saw the game but were not allowed to record it. TC9700Gaming reported the same info as well as a drift pad at the Festival site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bds1dI4MLU4
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:53:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

I didn't know that your preferred motorsport was the only one that deserved to be represented in the game. Not like we're asking for airplanes in Forza. Just the return of a track that already existed for 2 games.
 6 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:41:11 PM(UTC)

I didn't know that your preferred motorsport was the only one that deserved to be represented in the game. Not like we're asking for airplanes in Forza. Just the return of a track that already existed for 2 games.

What preferred motorsport? I love all motorsports and just because a track isn't in the game doesn't mean that motorsport isn't represented. I'm all for turbo boost tuning, steer angle, handbrake strength tuning, wheel offset, actual drift tires, anything that makes the game more enjoyable for drifters is a plus from me as I like to kick the tail out every now and then too.

I just get a bit sick that people keep asking for Fujimi Kaido is all. Every Forza people ask for it and every time Turn 10 say no. They have even stated why Fujimi isn't coming back I believe. It just gets frustrating of the same question being asked and answered 5 years in a row now. I liked Fujimi too but man...
#13 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 6:11:18 AM(UTC)

Would this make drifting easier or harder?

IMO drifting is too easy in Horizon. Not as easy as NFS but still easy.
#14 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 7:04:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Would this make drifting easier or harder?

IMO drifting is too easy in Horizon. Not as easy as NFS but still easy.

It wouldn't make it "easier or harder" to drift. I dont necessarily know exact details, but I can speculate based on what would make sense. If this susupension allows for greater camber angles, it could make drifting more accessible. There are many cars that are difficult to turn into good drift cars because their tire compound is too advanced (race tires should not belong on drift cars) or they have too much power. More camber in the rear can help you keep your car's speed down when it drifts. Increasing steering angle (which I would imagine is guaranteed going to be a feature of this suspension) would increase the ceiling on drifting. Better drivers can make use of this increased steering lock to get more angle in their drifts. I'm definitely excited for it.

Also, if you're drifting straight-up bores you, try learning to tandem. If you've done that, try wheel lock (max angle) drifting. Plenty left to do.

#15 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 1:35:01 PM(UTC)

New steering angle? Source?
i7 6700k @ 4.60GHz - GTX 1080 FTW - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz - SSD
#16 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 1:44:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ponomar Go to Quoted Post

https://www.forzamotorsp...-us/news/fh4_e3_announce

Drift suspension mentioned here. Also check interviews on YouTube. It's been mentioned there a lot.

#17 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:51:41 AM(UTC)

This seems like a long time coming for something like this. I truly hope for equal time for drag racers. That's been long overdue as well.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 10:10:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post

This seems like a long time coming for something like this. I truly hope for equal time for drag racers. That's been long overdue as well.

Well experimental drag is coming to FM7 so hopefully if all goes well it transfers over to FH4. Fingers crossed! Though the drag strip at the festival will be nice!
#19 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:56:51 PM(UTC)

Drift suspension mentioned here. Also check interviews on YouTube. It's been mentioned there a lot.

I know about drift suspension, but I haven't heard/read anything about steering angle. Is it included in the drift suspension? I know in Horizon 3 with HE drift cars + rally suspension you could get some nice angle, hopefully they bring something like that to every car.
i7 6700k @ 4.60GHz - GTX 1080 FTW - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz - SSD
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 2:47:51 AM(UTC)

I know about drift suspension, but I haven't heard/read anything about steering angle. Is it included in the drift suspension? I know in Horizon 3 with HE drift cars + rally suspension you could get some nice angle, hopefully they bring something like that to every car.

I believe it is included in the drift suspension yes.

2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 11:42:08 AM(UTC)

What preferred motorsport? I love all motorsports and just because a track isn't in the game doesn't mean that motorsport isn't represented. I'm all for turbo boost tuning, steer angle, handbrake strength tuning, wheel offset, actual drift tires, anything that makes the game more enjoyable for drifters is a plus from me as I like to kick the tail out every now and then too.

I just get a bit sick that people keep asking for Fujimi Kaido is all. Every Forza people ask for it and every time Turn 10 say no. They have even stated why Fujimi isn't coming back I believe. It just gets frustrating of the same question being asked and answered 5 years in a row now. I liked Fujimi too but man...

And the question about getting fujimi back will keep on coming as most People dont read this forum everyday for the past 5 years. lol
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 4:46:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GamerBlades Go to Quoted Post

And the question about getting fujimi back will keep on coming as most People dont read this forum everyday for the past 5 years. lol

Meh the question on whether Fujimi is coming has been answered in tonnes of YT videos so you don't need to be on the forums to know.
 4 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 8:00:24 AM(UTC)
Drifting.

L

O

L.
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 8:14:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Drifting.

L

O

L.

What's wrong with drifting?
 11 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 8:31:37 AM(UTC)
The info comes from Behind Closed Door sessions where influencers met with the developers and saw the game but were not allowed to record it. TC9700Gaming reported the same info as well as a drift pad at the Festival site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bds1dI4MLU4

You may also be pleased to know that all traffic cars will be ghosted when inside of a drift zone or average speed zone - so no more pulling off an epic drift only to be thwarted by a buzzkill traffic car.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error