#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:14:48 AM(UTC)
I’m super stoked about this game coming out. The graphics and season changes look incredible and gameplay definitely seems be more immersive than ever with properties and businesses being purchasable.

But within all the great things being revealed about the upcoming game (which I already preordered ultimate for) I have 2 big concerns.

1. This having real drivers in the world if you’re online or connected to online is a big big issue for me. Now I hope this is implemented like FH3 where you actually choose to drive around with others, but it sounds like it’s an all the time thing. This concerns me greatly because I generally hate driving with others online. Why? Because people usually drive like morons on racing games, and if I want to just cruise I don’t want some kid flying in and smashing into my ride.

2. The second concern is the weekly season changes, this could end up being a real pain for me personally. With my schedule of 14 and 14 I realized I will never get to drive in one of the seasons. That season will be winter if the game starts off in summer. This sucks being that a barn find has already been confirmed for an island that can only be reached in winter. Hope I ever get to play winter on this game at all besides the intro. If a week is just made to be 5 days (work week) this issue will be solved for me, but 7 I’m up a creek without a paddle.
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:18:14 AM(UTC)
They've already confirmed there will be an offline mode and people you don't know will be ghosted, meaning the can't just smash into your car.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:33:43 AM(UTC)
Whew thanks for the info Stang. I hadn’t heard anything about the ghosted cars, that was really my biggest issue of all.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:07:08 AM(UTC)
Online are real people. Offline will be Drivatars.
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:07:19 PM(UTC)
As mentioned, players on line, that you don't know will be ghosted, but as I understand it, if you are friends with online players, they won't be ghosted. Sounded good to me.

The example was given, if you are in a drift, about to set a new PB, you wouldn't be very happy with someone taking you out, so unless you know them, they'll be ghosted.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:29:37 PM(UTC)
As for your season issue, I don't know how that could be fixed. Have they announced how often it changes officially?
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:37:02 PM(UTC)
so the person setting records just deletes every one from his friends list so he can be assured of an uninterrupted drift. so the game will promote individual game play not co-op! that doesn't make sense!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:39:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkraiSpeed Go to Quoted Post
As for your season issue, I don't know how that could be fixed. Have they announced how often it changes officially?

Every week.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Notification

Icon
Error