2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:17:24 AM(UTC)
Probably because not enough people have yet unlocked ranked teamplay. With all the teamplay in Horizon Life, some may even completely ignore it or are not aware of it.
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:22:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Probably because not enough people have yet unlocked ranked teamplay. With all the teamplay in Horizon Life, some may even completely ignore it or are not aware of it.

I think this.

I do hope it proves popular as there are leagues to work up etc with rewards!

I too am level 3 but cannot enter a match. I think they should scrap the Freeroam Rush events though. I think they are frankly off putting.
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:45:57 AM(UTC)
No more XP based races.
Now you are forced into team races where your team can drag you down to a loss even if you come first.

Wow, what a huge improvement.....

Also, the rush to the race counts as a race too so if you dont use 4WD cars you are at a huge disadvantage.
I guess i'll avoid the online and drift with randoms in free roam...Oh wait, they are all ghosts and i phase right through them when trying to tandem.

This game feels like a massive step back regarding online play, which is a shame since i hardly ever play the single player in horizon games. Guess i'll stick to game pass and not buy the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:26:00 AM(UTC)
Hello,

After playing several hours yesterday, I realized that it is impossible to leave a Team Adventure between two races. We must complete the loading of the next race (even if the championship is completed) and at the beginning of the next race we can leave.

Why do we endure the following loading if we want to leave and above all, why block the place to someone else in the next race if we do not want to participate?

I hope that the next update will resolve this nonsense.

Otherwise, the game is amazing. Congratulations PG!
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:06:53 AM(UTC)
Missing features:
1. The ability to start searching a new adventure instead of going back to freeroam
2. The ability to vote for races after an event has been completed (VERY IMPORTANT)
3. The ability to quit after an adventure is finished
4. The ability to search a preference of car class (VERY IMPORTANT)
5. The ability to race solo PVP
6. The ability to choose no collision races

It doesn’t make sense that most of these features were not carried over to FH4 from FH2 and 3.

Free roam rush:
Freeroam rush is a terrible idea, the fact that it counts towards winning or losing is a bad indication of skill as you can take any route, for example - if you are not AWD on S2 you will probably lose as everyone else will take shortcuts with their AWD cars and beat you. It would be better to:

- Make freeroam rush only for offroad races as it is more fair
- Make freeroam rush into normal driving to events without scoring for road racing events only (not offroad) OR Completely remove freeroam rush and make every event race, driving to events only with no scoring.

Winter racing:
I am in summer and so is everyone else who has completed the prologue, so I have all race tyres on and the game doesn’t change it to snow tyres when in a winter team adventure, i know they are race tyres because they have Forza Horizon written on them which is exclusively for racing. Not sure whats going on there.

I have not tried RANKED Team Adventure because there is not enough people are queing at the moment, will have to wait for global launch - i am hoping some of these features exist otherwise whats the point of playing team adventure when FH3 and FH2 has more features mentioned above.

Thanks.
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:22:37 AM(UTC)
I think everyone is trying to play it, I keep getting sessions 12/12 players then it just says not enough players, before kicking all 12 of us out the lobby.
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:45:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

I think this.

I do hope it proves popular as there are leagues to work up etc with rewards!

I too am level 3 but cannot enter a match. I think they should scrap the Freeroam Rush events though. I think they are frankly off putting.

I do hope the contrary. Playing demolition derby each race with kids slamming everyone in the way or blocking checkpoints is not my cup of tea. I played 1h of Unranked Adventure and it was a nightmare.
Should be ghost cars, because the community of forza doesnt allow for fair races overall.

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:46:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:57:29 AM(UTC)
I've actually found the majority to be considerate and overtake me cleanly.
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:04:21 AM(UTC)
How ranked works? Can i lost points if i lose?

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 12:37:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:36:24 PM(UTC)
The only way to quit an adventure is to load into the first round of the next one then quit from the race, causing your team to be at a disadvantage. This really needs to be fixed, as it causes heaps of problems for everyone else in a pretty unfair.
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:15:12 PM(UTC)
I agree. I finished a championship and couldn't figure out how to quit. I ended up starting Rocket League and then re opened FH4. There has to be an easier way.
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 2:00:03 PM(UTC)
I played ranked and its the same as casual, what a massive disappointment. Only minor difference is that it puts you into freeroam once it is finished. I didn’t know ‘live service’ game meant having missing features at launch. Well they better update it so it is as good as FH3.
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 7:55:43 PM(UTC)
Hi

after discovering roads, etc from this perfect forza, me and my friends tried the online adventure mode. and that's where it goes wrong.

there are 3 races per adventure, and between each of them, a freeroam rush.

this freeroam rush is counted as a race, as there are 2 teams, and points are taken into account. and as you probably noticed... there is no checkpoint. only point A and point B. So everyone cut across fields, nobody follow roads and this is a complete mess. so in an adventure in S2 with road races as main races, you find yourself with a Koenigsegg on theses rush freeroam and you have to cut across fields if you don't want to be last. and as you might imagine, a Koenigsegg can't do that without crashing every 2 seconds. nor a Pagani. nor a Ferrari. nor a Porsche. nor any car in the world, exept those from guys who completely denature their cars to something unrealistic.

so you crash, again and again. and you lose this. this is totally absurd, i like the offroads races, as i have cars made for it (Subaru, etc). i like much less crosscountry as the route is often really unpredictable and unsuitable for most cars, and many people miss checkpoints. but freeroam rush, come on.

freeroam rush ruins online adventures. this is a game made to honor cars, britain, music. not driving at 350km/h though a forest in a Bugatti. please not from a Forza. others very Arcade games, maybe, but not from a game with ForzaTech taken from Forza Motorsport etc etc. all my team is thinking this, and i think everybody think the same, expect maybe those who only win theses freeroam rush, and lose the real races because they never brake or don't know how to take a corner properly.

you made a very great job in doing the ghost mode when people are not in our convoy, so i guess this is to avoid people like that to crash into you. well a good continuity of that is to make a "freeroam rush" where they can't go in straight line and beat every others guys trying to drive full speed on roads, by exemple by adding checkpoints. or by not taking into account points from this rush on the adventure results.

also, as others threads said, we should be able to choose our adventure based on race type we want. onroads, offroads, etc. it is a big loss of time to wait the beggining of an adventure to leave it after seing it is only offroad... and the next adventure should be voted by players as previous forza.

thanks

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 8:00:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:13:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LOSTVENGENCE96 Go to Quoted Post
I take back my previous #1 complaint about fh3. My actual #1 complaint about fh3 is the online experience. DONT MAKE WHOEVER WINS BASED OFF OF XP BECAUSE SOMEONE WANTS TO DRIFT AROUND. MAKE DRIFT COMPS FOR THAT. RACING IS RACING. #1 MEANS #1. NOT I PLACED LAST BUT DID IT IN "STYLE SO I WIN. That is the sole reason I rarely play online in fh3. Only to get forzathon cars.

Dunno mate sometimes it was like a get out of jail free card. A way of staying in the championship if you mess up or get done over in a race. Damage limitation I used to call it.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:26:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fabriziooo Go to Quoted Post
Hi

after discovering roads, etc from this perfect forza, me and my friends tried the online adventure mode. and that's where it goes wrong.

there are 3 races per adventure, and between each of them, a freeroam rush.

this freeroam rush is counted as a race, as there are 2 teams, and points are taken into account. and as you probably noticed... there is no checkpoint. only point A and point B. So everyone cut across fields, nobody follow roads and this is a complete mess. so in an adventure in S2 with road races as main races, you find yourself with a Koenigsegg on theses rush freeroam and you have to cut across fields if you don't want to be last. and as you might imagine, a Koenigsegg can't do that without crashing every 2 seconds. nor a Pagani. nor a Ferrari. nor a Porsche. nor any car in the world, exept those from guys who completely denature their cars to something unrealistic.

so you crash, again and again. and you lose this. this is totally absurd, i like the offroads races, as i have cars made for it (Subaru, etc). i like much less crosscountry as the route is often really unpredictable and unsuitable for most cars, and many people miss checkpoints. but freeroam rush, come on.

freeroam rush ruins online adventures. this is a game made to honor cars, britain, music. not driving at 350km/h though a forest in a Bugatti. please not from a Forza. others very Arcade games, maybe, but not from a game with ForzaTech taken from Forza Motorsport etc etc. all my team is thinking this, and i think everybody think the same, expect maybe those who only win theses freeroam rush, and lose the real races because they never brake or don't know how to take a corner properly.

you made a very great job in doing the ghost mode when people are not in our convoy, so i guess this is to avoid people like that to crash into you. well a good continuity of that is to make a "freeroam rush" where they can't go in straight line and beat every others guys trying to drive full speed on roads, by exemple by adding checkpoints. or by not taking into account points from this rush on the adventure results.

also, as others threads said, we should be able to choose our adventure based on race type we want. onroads, offroads, etc. it is a big loss of time to wait the beggining of an adventure to leave it after seing it is only offroad... and the next adventure should be voted by players as previous forza.

thanks

I like what they've done with the team racing part of it. I actually get the feeling of being part of a team despite not knowing anybody I'm racing with. It's a great step forward from how team races were incorporated into online adventures in FH3. It was like who cares. The fact there was no lap times or the such made me just wish it wasn't there at all. My gripe now is with FH4 is this all we have? No online adventure? You know a racing championship with races where lap times are shown etc..
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:36:55 AM(UTC)
I already notice something I dont like about RANK. If you lose connection during a championship, you're banned until its done. WHAT???
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error