2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 2:44:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: davejc64 Go to Quoted Post
So is it going to be an accurate map of an area of the UK or more of a composite map with UK like locations?

Fictional map with heavy influences - the quarry in the trailer is from a real slate quarry in Wales, Princes Street in Edinburgh looks pretty accurate, but the map will be a similar size as FH3 and cover all parts of Great Britain, so will obviously be fictional.

So somthing like the laughable attempt of The Crew/Crew 2 to map the whole of the US.
#SORRY SIGNATURE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER!#
#27 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 6:23:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ankar Bass Go to Quoted Post
Just another point that people have been commenting on with respect to winter. The entirety of the UK is not covered in snow for most of the winter. Frankly, it's not even that cold in many parts of England in the winter. Wet, yes, but blizzard mountain levels of snowy cold throughout the U.K., not really. Hopefully, since the devs are from the U.K. and they have asserted that the seasons will have their own variation, winter should give good variety across the map.

Certainly not going to get cold enough to freeze lakes, haha. But heck, I'll go with it. We're in a pseudo-arcade racer and they're allowed to exaggerate.

Right! Still, I think that even with that I wouldn't expect the entire map to be a snowy wonderland, even in winter. I suppose that we'll know soon enough.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 7:02:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Just another point that people have been commenting on with respect to winter. The entirety of the UK is not covered in snow for most of the winter. Frankly, it's not even that cold in many parts of England in the winter. Wet, yes, but blizzard mountain levels of snowy cold throughout the U.K., not really. Hopefully, since the devs are from the U.K. and they have asserted that the seasons will have their own variation, winter should give good variety across the map.

Certainly not going to get cold enough to freeze lakes, haha. But heck, I'll go with it. We're in a pseudo-arcade racer and they're allowed to exaggerate.

Right! Still, I think that even with that I wouldn't expect the entire map to be a snowy wonderland, even in winter. I suppose that we'll know soon enough.

I was thinking something similar to this earlier. I live in the South West of England and we get a few days of snow every few years. Nothing crazy deep and it's always gone pretty quick too. There's random years where it's much snowier but generally it's an extraordinary occurrence down here.

If the map takes elements from all areas of Britain then even in midwinter I'd expect to see that variance. Dark and wet in the south and then crazy cold, deep snow in the north.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error