18 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 3:09:35 PM(UTC)
---facepalm -double-posted

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 3:12:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: double-post

#27 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 3:09:44 PM(UTC)
--double posted due to slow connection :-/

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 3:10:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: double-posted

1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 3:09:48 PM(UTC)
--um... qadruple-posted oops

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 3:12:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: quadruple-posted

#29 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 3:27:52 PM(UTC)
Hmmm.....Gamestop in the past had diecast models for pre-orders, but it seems this time around, retailers are going for in-game "Life" items. I guess the only thing going for physical is the steelbook (assuming from the pictures) and 20% off for Amazon Prime members/GCU members for Best Buy (as long as your sub didn't expire)?

Also it's going to release on GamePass, this means it will get a discount (10% or 20%?) if you decide to buy, but it also means you can't pre-order it. The pre-order cars are not base models, so the cars for pre-ordering are kind of a weak incentive.

So either you really want those "tuned" cars/"life items" or you really want a discount.

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 3:28:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 3:39:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I would not expect a consolidated bonus pack from Microsoft as that would defeat the purpose of offering various retailers the incentives.

Fortunately JONK confirmed that that the DB11 etc is not an exclusive model - you'll get it and the others wherever you buy FH4; the bonus DLC cars are tuned up variants.

I had MS points so I purchased from the MS Store - good to know it's just tuned up variants!

#31 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 4:19:55 PM(UTC)
The Amazon pre-order comes with a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

That doesn’t appear anywhere else and would be very welcome to me.
#32 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 5:15:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grantleavitt Go to Quoted Post
No mention of a Steelbook... again... unless I missed something. When FM7 was due out, I didn't find any Steelbook information right away, but reread some of the announcement articles and found the version comparison and it mentioned the Steelbook for Ultimate Edition FM7... I think I found that comparison chart on Gamestop USA website, but They don't have anything yet, too soon I guess. Will keep an eye on it. FM7 did also come with the 1:43rd-scale model Porsche 911 GT2 RS too, so there's that also.

Those little models are great. I preordered FH3 off the Xbox store because I wanted the digital version more so than the physical(still want the steel book tho), went to Gamestop a week after release to pick up NBA 2k16 for my brother and asked if they had any Centenarios left and they did! It’s right up on my shelf with my little collection of novelty items.
#33 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 6:08:01 PM(UTC)
Is Amazon not doing the prime deal for Ultimate? I noticed the discount is for the standard but not for deluxe and ultimate physical.
#34 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 6:39:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
Is Amazon not doing the prime deal for Ultimate? I noticed the discount is for the standard but not for deluxe and ultimate physical.

The discount usually only seems to apply to standard editions.
#35 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 6:55:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
I'm leaning towards ordering from Amazon. As a prime member I've always received a prime discount, but currently, they show a prime discount for the standard version only. I'll be getting the UE version, and it's not showing a Prime discount price (yet?), plus it isn't confirming the early release of the UE version on Amazon. I'm a stickler for ordering details, so I'll wait awhile to see if they update that. It was all in black and white when I pre ordered FM7 from amazon, prime discount, early release, etc.

ditto
i7 6700k @ 4.60GHz - GTX 1080 FTW - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz - SSD
#36 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 7:57:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: emorphien Go to Quoted Post
I'm still trying to figure out what Xbox Game Pass does to all this, since I've been subscribed for a bit and just bought 6 months for $30...

Looks like I would still technically want the ultimate edition for the perks but I have no idea how having Game Pass might affect the pricing on that.

I am hoping there is an Ultimate Edition Upgrade pack for Game Pass owners.
I blame the ants.
#37 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:21:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I'm still trying to figure out what Xbox Game Pass does to all this, since I've been subscribed for a bit and just bought 6 months for $30...

Looks like I would still technically want the ultimate edition for the perks but I have no idea how having Game Pass might affect the pricing on that.

Wouldn't you just be buying the vip and car pass separately like past games if you just originally bought the standard edition
Oh and expansion pass

Just curious what happens when it's removed from the game pass..arent games only in it temporary

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 8:24:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:31:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Just curious what happens when it's removed from the game pass..arent games only in it temporary

I am a very new game pass owner so no idea. I have seen a list of games taken out but not sure what happens then.

I blame the ants.
#39 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:34:05 PM(UTC)

I am a very new game pass owner so no idea. I have seen a list of games taken out but not sure what happens then.

I also have read that by having game pass you get discounts on dlc as well as buying the game for permanant use on games currently in the game pass

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 8:35:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:36:16 PM(UTC)
Games get circled out with gamepass, i assume like Netflix when the time runs up. Then you have to buy it. You get a small discount on games and DLC. You pretty much only play the base games and have to get the DLC stuff unless it's already in the game as part of it.

I haven't seen an exclusive leave yet so i don't think those do if it's made by MS

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 8:38:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#41 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 9:40:04 PM(UTC)

Discount on any game in the Library Discounts on any Addons, Have had game Pass since day one and prime games seem to have a funny life span it seems to come down to how popular it is if not popular it gets dropped and replaced with another game. Once a game is dropped that is it pay up or remove, Notice is give before games removed giving you a chance to buy at discounted rate This rate can be different seems to be between 10% and 20% that I have noticed. No discounts for Game Pass holders for Pr-Orders so far.

Choices you have Play the game with game Pass and wait till on special and then buy, play the game with Game Pass and just buy Add on Packs and only buy the game if it is going to be removed if you wish, Bite the bullet and buy game on Pre order with all the bels and whistles, rembering that as Forza Motorsport 7 got closer to release the more they added to the Pre Order package

The Game Pass 6 Month Pass cannot be purchased in Australia from Au Amazon or from US Amazon must be a regional thing.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:38:22 AM(UTC)
No mention off a die cast model with the physical pre orders as off yet hope ther is one would love a mc clarren senna

Edited by user Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:42:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:39:56 AM(UTC)
It would be great for some clarification on how Game Pass affects all these first party games.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:44:14 AM(UTC)
What is the difference between pre-ordering the digital Ultimate Edition and buying the digital Ultimate Edition after the game officially launches on October 2nd other than the 4 day early access?
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:08:19 AM(UTC)
Also when will we get the Formula Drift Car Pack in Forza Motorsport 7?
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:16:42 AM(UTC)

Wouldn't you just be buying the vip and car pass separately like past games if you just originally bought the standard edition
Oh and expansion pass

To answer your first question: basically you'd be buying everything but the base game as that's included in the pass.

As others have mentioned, Game Pass usually gives you discounts on buying the games in the pass, as well as their addons, so I'm wanting to see more details on that.

To your concern about it being removed from the pass, I would assume it won't be. Horizon is a first party game, published by Microsoft (and now Playground is officially a MS studio) so it will be part of Gamepass from launch and available indefinitely based on what MS has said about first party games and gamepass in the past.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:24:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FasterThanFTL Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between pre-ordering the digital Ultimate Edition and buying the digital Ultimate Edition after the game officially launches on October 2nd other than the 4 day early access?

I suppose you may not get the day one car pack as well, but I really don't know. Other than that, nothing different.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:40:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:00:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FasterThanFTL Go to Quoted Post

I suppose you may not get the day one car pack as well, but I really don't know. Other than that, nothing different.

Shouldn't be any difference other than early access.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:01:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I posted this elsewhere, but I wonder if this is a better thread for it. Aplopogies for the quasi double-post.

So in the description on the homepage, it says something along the lines of “those who pre-order the physical copy of Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition will also get the Formula Drift Car pack”.

Does anyone know if that means the physical Ultimate Edition doesn’t get any of the other perks, such as day 1 Car pack, early access and expansions etc.?

I think it's safe to assume that physical disc owners will get everything, based on the wording of "also get the Formula Drift Car pack."
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:37:52 AM(UTC)
Ultimate Edition Pre ordered Here from the U.K. Thankyou so so much turn 10 for this opportunity to drive in my homeland. Now for the expansions, I know your probably already working on in but look at Rhinos pass and Hardknot pass in the Lake District. Can't wait for this game.
18 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error