4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:55:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post

Also it is a take it or leave it piece of gameplay so shouldnt have anyone complaining

Hello new person, welcome to the Forza forums.

✔ Verified Moderator

#52 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:27:20 PM(UTC)
I was grinny at the crazy taxi homage. Man did I love 1 & 2, fun times. I hope you can choose what to go after first, it will definitely be the taxi company. Thanks for the link.
 3 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:28:16 PM(UTC)
*David Attenborough voice*

Here, we see the mighty Hieronymus arise from his humble summer slumber in immense preparation for one of nature's most grueling annual phenomenons, an occurance known as "a new Forza release".

🇨🇦
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:09:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Novacat Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
This is another feature that I find to be a gimmick and have absolutely zero interest in.

For all the great things about Horizon 4 that I have read, this is a major downer.

I really do not want a SIMS meets Horizon game, but it looks like this is what we are getting. Shame, really. There are multiple reasons I do not play any of the SIMS (characters) series

As much as I have been looking forward to this new edition of Horizon, this feature may just be the main reason to NOT purchase (along with the whole character customization feature).

I can't believe for one second that you wouldn't buy a game you were looking forward to just because they have added some confirmed optional features that you do not like. Hardly game-breaking to be honest.

Just saw your reply. Let me rephrase for clarification.

I HAD been looking forward to this new version of Horizon for quite a long time, because the Horizon games (up until this point) have been far and away my most favorite of all the Forza franchise and indeed very nearly the only video games I play.

Now that I am finding out more about the new version, I am seeing many things that are not my style of entertainment. I don't like any part of The Sims and am not at all thrilled about Horizon 4 becoming more about the end user doing his/her own thing, where being part of a community is at least as important as if not more important than driving my cars, looking for barns and bonus boards, competing in races and maybe most importantly, achieving set goals, such as skill scores, jumping distances, beating certain times, etc. You know, car things.

So it really isn't some added optional things that I am concerned with, but rather the whole shift in emphasis of the game. That is why I have not yet preordered this game (something I have done with every Forza product starting with Horizon1 - nb, I joined in the Forza fun shortly after the release of Forza 4). I am still not totally convinced that this is the game for me. I am very thankful that these details have been released this early rather than after I had purchased the game.

Yes, there appears to be quite a bit in this game I will enjoy. In particular I am very excited about the fact that each car will have tasks associated with it, not unlike the 1000 Club in Horizon 1, which is, btw, my most favorite feature of any of the Horizon games (well, in addition to the weekly scavenger hunts that were instituted in the early Spring for Horizon 1). But the whole dolly dress up, having to be referred to by name that I must choose and most importantly this whole Horizon meets The Sims stuff have given me more than pause for thought.

(And yes, I am consistent. I very much hate the whole avatar thing as well, but that is not just a Forza thing.)

1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:41:26 PM(UTC)
With some games you simply play the game. With other games you play a character playing the game. Jobs and houses lean towards the later. Playing a game should not feel like doing a chore!
#56 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:38:56 AM(UTC)
You do know you could just choose your character looks and clothing at the start and be done with it. You dont have through changing things (like a SIMS game) all the time just cos youve been rewarded new items. Its there as an option for people who like that kind of stuff.
Im not necessarily keen on it or the emotes stuff and rarely use these game aspects in the action/RPG games i play unless they have a benefit to my characters. If its just cosmetic i skip it without much thought. If im being honest i sometimes feel the same about paint and liverys on cars, though some on here will say thats sacrilege.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#57 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:59:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AfcBOli27 Go to Quoted Post
You do know you could just choose your character looks and clothing at the start and be done with it. You dont have through changing things (like a SIMS game) all the time just cos youve been rewarded new items. Its there as an option for people who like that kind of stuff.
Im not necessarily keen on it or the emotes stuff and rarely use these game aspects in the action/RPG games i play unless they have a benefit to my characters. If its just cosmetic i skip it without much thought. If im being honest i sometimes feel the same about paint and liverys on cars, though some on here will say thats sacrilege.

Prize crates are an option not forced upon anyone in fm73 but they're removing those...
#58 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:33:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post

Also it is a take it or leave it piece of gameplay so shouldnt have anyone complaining

Hello new person, welcome to the Forza forums.

Yes I guess that statement was made with too much optimism!
E30
#59 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 12:30:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Prize crates are an option not forced upon anyone in fm73 but they're removing those...

thats a whole different can of worms around the whole loot box/crate gambling thing within the wider game genre. I get youre point, they are optional but some people see them as a necessity to fulfillment/completion.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#60 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 3:49:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

thats a whole different can of worms around the whole loot box/crate gambling thing within the wider game genre. I get youre point, they are optional but some people see them as a necessity to fulfillment/completion.

As will some with all the avatar outfits.
#61 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 5:06:50 PM(UTC)
The easiest way to put this is you will or wont enjoy the game but most everyone in here will still purchase it.
#62 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 6:56:18 PM(UTC)
I don't mind them adding things like this. I doubt it will get in the way of driving. If anything, the jobs idea may add an alternate mission to the game if things start to get boring. I'm more concerned that the map seems a little stale compared to H3. Every area seems to look the same. The elevated map could be what saves it I guess. I'm not really excited by what I've seen so far like I was for H3 but I'll probably still pre order it. I'm sure it will be a lot better than what I think. I'll just keep my fingers crossed there are no massive PC issues.
#63 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 7:30:14 AM(UTC)
Coming from FH2 and - since it came out about the time I bought FH2 - mostly FH3, I am really looking forward to seeing the added layers or branches of progression. Why? Simply because I think those are valuable assets needed to give the game a bigger, wider community on the long run. Today's desolate state of FH2, which at the moment is a broken game proves me right in thinking the version cycles of FH have been to short spanning just about 2-3 years. If FH2 had a constant, stable and big community instead of drying continiously post FH3 launch, it might have survived the past GWG days better.
Some of us don't think FH2 dead, FH3 old FH4 way to go, just because we might be shredding in FH4 alot soon. The other FH games are just different: different garages, different places to go, different people to hang out with. If FH4's new opportunities for a wider player base help sustain the game longer, I really believe they are a win for us FH lovers. I'd love to go back to FH2 to finish what I didn't and enjoy France and Italy once more :-) Taking a break from FH5 or FH6 to visit Britain in FH4 one day, might be easier.

Besides, I'm really curious to see what new folks they might bring in and how they are doing progressing by their own means. I also hope for all the folks who are giving us beautiful paintjobs and liveries to have a blast in FH4, given the freedom to dedicate themselves even more to car art if they want to.

My biggest hope besides better and longer self sustainability of the game and its community, is that the devs find a way to give us more opportunity to teach and learn. I'd love to learn more about tech, upgrading and tuning cars to make them perform better in specific, potentially crazy tasks and conditions. Hell, make sharing and know how transfer also part of the progression for those willing to teach us in game :D

The only thing I've seen that I don't like: the post race white screen. I find it annoyingly bright and can't see myself staring at it right after focusing on a gritty, rainy night race. I'd prefer the old ways here I guess, or a grey or black screen instead of blinding white. But that's a minor annoyance I guess because my eyes are getting old.
#64 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 9:54:14 AM(UTC)
With the new ability to own a Taxi Business, please allow us to put a Taxi sign on top of the Ford Crown Victoria (Assuming it is in Forza Horizon 4)
Auction house sniper and car flipper.
#65 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:34:28 AM(UTC)
Good idea, but I do believe that the Crown Vic in the game is listed as an "interceptor" model is it not? From T10's veiw it is a completely different car.

Also, I do believe that the business in question supposed to be an exotic rentals business and not a taxi firm (requiring supercars and stuff) though there may be both businesses, I don't know.
I had thought that the "crazy taxi" feature with the Austin taxi was supposed to be a minigame or mission type thing and not a player business although I may be wrong.
I like fiestas
#66 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 12:20:11 AM(UTC)
I kind of feel like the Horizon Job aspect could be a huge hit or a massive waste of time. I think they will need to add new jobs in updates, otherwise it'll get stale...
#67 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 1:36:30 AM(UTC)
I think those "Jobs" will be the New Bucket List...

Stunt driver = Earn Skillpoints by drifts, jumps etc.
Taxi = Race from "A to B"

etc.

But maybe iam super wrong.. who knows
#68 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 5:15:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I kind of feel like the Horizon Job aspect could be a huge hit or a massive waste of time. I think they will need to add new jobs in updates, otherwise it'll get stale...

I have good news then! Ralph Fulton has already confirmed in an Interview with Red Bull that more Jobs and "Horizon Stories" will be added Periodically, Free for all Players, Post Launch :)

#69 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 5:49:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

I have good news then! Ralph Fulton has already confirmed in an Interview with Red Bull that more Jobs and "Horizon Stories" will be added Periodically, Free for all Players, Post Launch :)

Sounds good to me.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 7:15:27 AM(UTC)
Let's hope that there is a getaway driver job. Steal us some credits.
I like fiestas
#71 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 9:22:42 AM(UTC)
I'm a racer by trade but I do like this new feature or at least the idea of it.

One of my biggest gripes with Horizon is lack of longetivity after all achievements are done. This new feature implies to me that maybe I will find something else fun to do once all achievements are done.

I may buy at launch as result instead of waiting.
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 9:45:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post

The Italian Job, all over again
#73 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 2:32:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MSRi Krondax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post

The Italian Job, all over again

Nice opportunity to break out the Mini Coopers.
I like fiestas
#74 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:09:29 AM(UTC)
Umm....how do I "Complete" one of these? Do I NEED to get all 30 stars? Because I laugh at that. Half of those are the most arbitrary prerequisites for 3 stars and not everyone is such a drifting god they can get....whatever fever dream you need to get 3 stars there. Do I need level 10? Is there more?
#75 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:27:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnogardragonS Go to Quoted Post
Umm....how do I "Complete" one of these? Do I NEED to get all 30 stars? Because I laugh at that. Half of those are the most arbitrary prerequisites for 3 stars and not everyone is such a drifting god they can get....whatever fever dream you need to get 3 stars there. Do I need level 10? Is there more?

You don't have to get 3 stars on every chapter to complete them, at least 1 star will do. There are 2 achievements tied to these, one that requires completing 40 different chapters, and one for getting 100 stars. If you want the latter achievement then I'd imagine you'd have to get 3 stars on most if not all of them.

🇨🇦
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error