4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:52:35 AM(UTC)
Microsoft teases the first-ever “stream-to-win” option built into Xbox
SAM MACHKOVECH - 6/27/2018, 2:50 PM
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/microsoft-teases-the-first-ever-stream-to-win-option-built-into-xbox/

Quote:
It's a subtle thing, which we're dubbing "stream-to-win," and it sees Microsoft take its boldest step in battling the behemoth service Twitch.

Horizon 4 will be the first Microsoft Studios game to recognize when players broadcast their live gameplay via Mixer and then give out bonuses within that game for doing so.

In the week-plus since learning this about Horizon 4, we have been unable to find a comparable feature in any video game—meaning, one that recognizes a broadcast (on Mixer, Twitch, or any other service) and then gives out goodies inside the same video game as a reward.

No other Microsoft Studios game at E3 received a similar stream-to-win announcement.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:57:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Microsoft teases the first-ever “stream-to-win” option built into Xbox
SAM MACHKOVECH - 6/27/2018, 2:50 PM
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/microsoft-teases-the-first-ever-stream-to-win-option-built-into-xbox/

Quote:
It's a subtle thing, which we're dubbing "stream-to-win," and it sees Microsoft take its boldest step in battling the behemoth service Twitch.

Horizon 4 will be the first Microsoft Studios game to recognize when players broadcast their live gameplay via Mixer and then give out bonuses within that game for doing so.

In the week-plus since learning this about Horizon 4, we have been unable to find a comparable feature in any video game—meaning, one that recognizes a broadcast (on Mixer, Twitch, or any other service) and then gives out goodies inside the same video game as a reward.

No other Microsoft Studios game at E3 received a similar stream-to-win announcement.

As long as those bonuses are not exclusive to streaming, or cosmetic items, I'm ok with this.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#28 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:11:48 AM(UTC)
Personally, given how Playground talks about "levelling up" by Streaming the Game, I think the Goodies are most Probably just XP Levels and/or Wheelspins.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:55:27 AM(UTC)
Hopefully it's just XP, CR, Wheelspins and NOT CARS.
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:53:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: raulillo12311 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=RaindancerAU;929024]Forza 7 seemed to be moving away from having options to play how you wanted, what with homologation and the hoop jumping for locked cars.

I hope this is a sincere attempt at opening up options and not just a way to introduce even more hoops to jump through.

No tiene logica poner tantos coches para luego poder desbloquer la mitad, espero que en horizon 4 no hayan coches bloquedados porque estoy viendo venir que de 450 coches solo podamos cojer 100, en fm7 fue un desastre, habian tantos coches bloqueados que seguro que ni la mitad han podido desbloquearse, la verdad que esta ea una gran razon que me desmotiva a comprar forza horizon 4 porque obviamente no voy a poder jugar todas las semanas y si compro un juego con 450 coches es para conducir 450 y no solo 200

It has no logic to put so many cars so that after only unlock half, I hope that on the horizon 4 there are no cars blocked because I am seeing 450 cars coming can only take 100, in FM7 it was a disaster, there were so many cars blocked that sure that neither the half that has been unlocked, the truth is that this is a big reason why I am discouraged to buy forza horizon 4 because obviously I will not be able to play every week and I become a game with 450 cars is to drive 450 and not just 200

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:26:40 AM(UTC)
this is a big reason why I am discouraged to buy forza horizon 4 because obviously I will not be able to play every week and I become a game with 450 cars is to drive 450 and not just 200

You will be happy to know that as of the 10/07/2018 or shortly after this date there will be a update to Forza Motorsport 7 unlocking all most all the cars in the game Forza Edition cars and a couple of others will be the only locked cars.

So happy Grinding for all the credits this will take enjoy the benefits of 9 months of griping about locked content the squeaky wheels have a win.😀😀
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:35:04 PM(UTC)
[quote=RaindancerAU;929024]Forza 7 seemed to be moving away from having options to play how you wanted, what with homologation and the hoop jumping for locked cars.

I hope this is a sincere attempt at opening up options and not just a way to introduce even more hoops to jump through.

No tiene logica poner tantos coches para luego poder desbloquer la mitad, espero que en horizon 4 no hayan coches bloquedados porque estoy viendo venir que de 450 coches solo podamos cojer 100, en fm7 fue un desastre, habian tantos coches bloqueados que seguro que ni la mitad han podido desbloquearse, la verdad que esta ea una gran razon que me desmotiva a comprar forza horizon 4 porque obviamente no voy a poder jugar todas las semanas y si compro un juego con 450 coches es para conducir 450 y no solo 200

It has no logic to put so many cars so that after only unlock half, I hope that on the horizon 4 there are no cars blocked because I am seeing 450 cars coming can only take 100, in FM7 it was a disaster, there were so many cars blocked that sure that neither the half that has been unlocked, the truth is that this is a big reason why I am discouraged to buy forza horizon 4 because obviously I will not be able to play every week and I become a game with 450 cars is to drive 450 and not just 200

Just a Little bit exaggerated

Out of 750 or so cars in fm7 just a little over 100 were locked
Some were easily unlocked by completing the career as well

Personally I'm hoping that there's 450 playable unlocked cars at launch and that the garage will be similar to the 900 in fm7 and other unannounced cars will be made available through forzathons, expansions and Dlc like in fh3

Edited by user Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:39:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:29:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkraiSpeed Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
If it is truly optional, then that's OK. Based on past games, I am fully expecting to be constantly bombarded with "Hey... there is a job opening at ....." from Keira, Anna, or who ever. I just hope there is an option to turn this stuff off if I am not interested in it.

In particular, there was no way to bypass the whole character thing in Horizon 3. You had to choose one as well as a name. Complete and utter fluff that adds nothing to the game for me and uses resources (and required programming) that could have been used for other things. Now it looks like we will have outfit choices as well. Really, I don't like any part of this whole personalization stuff.

Further, I am fully expecting there will be achievements for these things as well....

Other than this, I am very much looking forward to the game.

You're a more old-fashioned gamer. You have a game, and you have a purpose in that game, nothing more, nothing less. I get that. But newer gamers want to BE in the game. Not just complete it. They want to be able to be themselves and even express their ideas through a virtual world. Of course, this seems a bit off for a racing game. But Horizon has always been about You, the player. Why not give people more ability to be themselves? I find the idea amazing. Of course, there is nothing wrong with not liking that though. Some people just want the story dictated to them, and given challenges to surpass, which I think you may be in that group. You just want a linear path, no weird detours or crazy adventures. And that is okay. My Father is like that, he hates the new Zelda game because it is free and open, allowing you to do and be what you want, basically. He likes the linear story. But games are changing. Gamers are changing. And in the future, I am sure I will be like my dad, angry or upset about this new thing in my once beloved series. Sorry. Got all existential. Anyways, coding that character thing doesn't even take that long (compared to everything else), just so you know (I am a software programmer myself). I hope you will still be able to enjoy this game the way you want. If not, I will enjoy it in your stead.

Were you one of the kids that colored outside the lines? lol No offense meant, but I must fall under the "old fashioned gamer" category as I too am not liking the customization of your driver. I like to just start up the game, already in my car and either free roaming or racing with achieving some side objectives. This "let's dress up Barbie" aspect is not my thing. There are other games for that. I am still going to buy FH4.

Playing Forza since FM2
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 11:50:08 AM(UTC)
The children of today must be allowed to express themselves....
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 3:34:36 PM(UTC)
hello, I read several pages that there will be progress of the game to stream in mixer and I do not know if there will be exclusive content (cars/upgrades/anything) that are unlocked by stream only or all cars and everything can be bought with CR.

thanks!.
 4 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:38:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
The children of today must be allowed to express themselves....

....and the society of tomorrow will get worse! :p
Playing Forza since FM2
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:46:22 PM(UTC)
This is just a new spin on the Bucket List and PR Stunt stuff...
"The core promise of the Nemesis System is the ability to build relationships with your personal allies and enemies in a dynamic open world. We have come to realize that letting players purchase Orcs risked undermining the Nemesis System." (Monolith Studios)
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:46:57 PM(UTC)
What has this thread even devolved to?
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 2:28:04 AM(UTC)
Some posts removed. Tread lightly.

1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:31:04 AM(UTC)
The My Horizon Life menu shown in the July 17 livestream:
https://youtu.be/2WCMyxxAUP4?t=1626

CATEGORIES
Road Racing Series
Dirt Racing Series
Cross Country Series
Street Scene
The Drag Strip
The Drift Run
Painter
Photographer
Tuner
Blueprinter
Speed Trap Hero
Speed Zone Hero
Danger Sign Hero
Car Collector
Explorer
Rivals
Racing Team Adventure
Skills
Anything Goes Team Adventure
Games Team Adventure
Playground Games
Mixer
The Stunt Driver
World's Fastest
Drift Club
LaRacer @ Horizon

REWARDS
Credits
New Quickchat Phrases
Clothing Items
Emotes
Wheelspin / Super Wheelspin

Edited by user Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:53:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 3:47:33 PM(UTC)
So in Horizon 4 it’s been confirmed we can progress the game by focusing on whatever feature we want.

We can be a car painter, racer, track creator, explorer or a photographer for practically the entire game without being pestered to do something you DON’T want to.

Who will you be?

I don’t know myself what I’ll enjoy the most but I’m leaning towards an explorer and photographer. I want to show off my rides like Jay Leno, cruising around Britain and try out some tracks the community has created. ❤️ As an artist IRL I’d love to show off my skills in arts and also see what everyone is doing. I’d love a feature where we can progress by checking out others’ photos and being a member of the Forza family.
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:53:46 PM(UTC)
Man this game changed a lot from 3! The photomode and rewind online was mind boggling. Now there's stats to level up for EVERYTHING. The level up crazy person in me is going bonkers looking at that! haha
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:45:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
This is another feature that I find to be a gimmick and have absolutely zero interest in.

For all the great things about Horizon 4 that I have read, this is a major downer.

I really do not want a SIMS meets Horizon game, but it looks like this is what we are getting. Shame, really. There are multiple reasons I do not play any of the SIMS (characters) series

As much as I have been looking forward to this new edition of Horizon, this feature may just be the main reason to NOT purchase (along with the whole character customization feature).

I can't believe for one second that you wouldn't buy a game you were looking forward to just because they have added some confirmed optional features that you do not like. Hardly game-breaking to be honest.

#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:32:20 AM(UTC)
Just posting this up, as I think it will be of great interest to the Forza community.. I hope I am not breaking any Rules by doing so, or by Posting it outside the "Horizon Stories" thread..

Anyhow. I have noticed that there has been a lot of confusion among Forza Video makers and the People who comment on their Videos, regarding one of the " Horizon Story" tabs in the FH4 "Autumn Stream" tagged "La Racer @ Horizon" the one with the Xbox360 Pad as a logo, well, I think I may have found out what the Story Is.

I was reading an Article on Red Bull's Website where they had an interview with Ralph Fulton , the Article is here by the way.. https://www.redbull.com/...orza-horizon-4-interview (I do hope I am not breaking any Forum Rules posting that Link, if so, I will remove the Link as soon as I am informed it breaks a Rule) and in it, Mr Fulton told us about one of the Horizon Stories.

I quote: "One of these missions sees you team up with a vlogger who is trying to recreate classic video games in real life. thanks to Horizon, she has the cars and you provide the driving. One of the video games we pay homage to in this story is Crazy Taxi, as well as classics like Ridge Racer, Project Gotham Racing and Sega Rally. "

"La Racer @ Horizon" , you must admit, does sound like a Vlogger tag! so, could this Story explained by Mr Fulton be the Mysterious "La Racer @ Horizon" ? it would fit with the Xbox360 Pad Image that goes with that tab IMO!

Either way, I am *really* looking forward to this Story, as I grew up Playing all the Arcade Racing Games that Mr Fulton listed, so it is going to be a real Nostalgia blast for Me to see those homages :) . I am particularly looking forwards to the PGR homage, as, in a way, given that they Spawned from the late, great, Bizarre Creations, it will allow Playground to re-tread their roots, so it should be Epic. Given that Edinburgh is in the Game, I imagine the homage will Probably be to PGR2, which also featured Edinburgh as one of its Cities.

I also note this.

Quote: "There are a number of really fun Horizon Stories in the game and we plan to keep bringing new ones to the game post-launch for free to all players."

Free Storyline Content? that is going to be Absolutely Epic! :)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:38:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clearing up a few Errors.

#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:25:40 PM(UTC)
I see a Mod has moved My Topic into the Main "Horizon Stories" thread. Thankyou for doing so (it makes it Easier on Me, I am *very* New to this Social Media stuff!) , and I am Sorry if I broke any forum Rules.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:32:34 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the link King Cobra - no rules broken, I'm just trying to keep the topic discussion together.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:56:47 PM(UTC)
That's Ok ManteoMax. I am Really glad I managed to find something that will help the Forza community :) I have been with the Series, on and off, Since the Original Xbox, so its nice to be able to give a little something back.

I am glad I did not Break any Rules, and thank you so much for informing Me that I did not do so, I am very new to Social Media so I am very Nervous right now (High Functioning Autism, a Lack of Experience, and worries about My Microsoft account, especially as I just forked out on an X ready for FH4!, do not make for Easy going I am afraid :( ), so a little extra support is very welcome and is truly Appreciated :) so thanks again!

Thanks for Explaining to Me why the Post was moved too:) indeed keeping the Topic together does make it Easier to find Updates on the Games Development.

Take Care, and I hope to speak again Soon! Probably after Gamescon and the next big Reveal on FH4's features, I can't wait.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:11:14 PM(UTC)
That's clever! Thanks for the share Cobra.
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:29:08 PM(UTC)
That's ok Eddy FIN.

I am just glad I could do something to Help the Forza Community :)
#50 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:39:45 PM(UTC)
You've done well to find this info as many people were wondering what the controller icons were for

I think it sounds like a fun addition to the game, especially the more realistic classic racers like sega rally which I played when I was a young kid on the Sega Saturn. It will be interesting to see exactly how it is implemented

Although several of the games mentioned are very arcadey I think its a nice bit of nostalgia for those of us who grew up playing on the early consoles

Also it is a take it or leave it piece of gameplay so shouldnt have anyone complaining
E30
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error