This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:30:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Egorian Monk Go to Quoted Post
I'm extremely excited for dynamic seasons. All the whiners are just that.......whiners. I can't stand when so called fans try to destroy fresh and unique features that are truly game changing. What do you want every two years?........A reskin of the same game? I applaud Playground Games on this unique feature and implore them not to let whiney uncreative children ruin it!!!!!!!

Totally agree!
I'm getting quite sick of the ,pre judgeing, crying minority. So far, they have shown so much innovation and new diversions to give us all a better game and a better experience. Some people here don't understand that the developers provide the opportunity to experience horizon on new levels.
For crying out loud, stop freaking whining.

This is not whining or crying, but the opinions of people who are entitled to it, because they also bought and loved the game, like everyone else. It is clear that no one will change anything for the sake of the minority, but perhaps this information will someday reach developers, and in the future they will take it into account!
It's not about canceling the change of seasons or something like that, but about the ability to personalize the settings of the seasons without losing anything, for people who for some reason are playing in Offlan or are playing very seldom. For those who want to play online with online seasons, everything will remain unchanged.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:50:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:37:38 AM(UTC)
I'm extremely excited for dynamic seasons. All the whiners are just that.......whiners. I can't stand when so called fans try to destroy fresh and unique features that are truly game changing. What do you want every two years?........A reskin of the same game? I applaud Playground Games on this unique feature and implore them not to let whiney uncreative children ruin it!!!!!!!

Totally agree!
I'm getting quite sick of the ,pre judgeing, crying minority. So far, they have shown so much innovation and new diversions to give us all a better game and a better experience. Some people here don't understand that the developers provide the opportunity to experience horizon on new levels.

I hope you 2 are the first to get sick of being forced to play in a season you don’t want to play in. Once again, most aren’t “crying or whining” only giving a valid opinion. Just as you are able to give yours. Unfortunately folks such as yourself feel the need to insult people while doing it.

It is a VALID concern that those of us that have limited playing time will no doubt have times when instead of playing how we want we CAN’T. It is a valid concern for long time Forza fans.

Quit insulting people!! Does nothing constructive in any way shape or form. Just shows what kind of person you are.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 4 users liked this post.
#103 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:38:41 AM(UTC)

Totally agree!

No one is against Season in the online world, no one is against seasons in Offline
What we are against is enforced Seasons when playing Offline.

I have not seen anyone not understanding "developers provide the opportunity to experience horizon on new levels." what we are against , or at least me , is the lack of options.

what I have noticed is that the commentators feeling some of us are "whining", (while them self whining), all have an account from 2018 .. seems some of us have loved this game for many years, some found the game this year..

No one is trying to destroy a "fresh" take with adding seasons (because lets face it , that is the only thing that is fresh, houses, jobs, and styling the player was all done in Test Drive Unlimited many years ago, but better then this because you could actually go into the houses, you cant in FH4) .....we are saying we want options for Offline.. .that is all.. Let us pick seasons if we want when playing offline..

Seasons are cool, just let me turn them off and play the season I prefer when playing Offline. ..

The benefit with this is that everyone who loves the idea of dynamic changing seasons, get dynamic changing seasons .. Online and Offline. .. but people like me that like that idea of seasons, but like even more to be able to actually play the season I prefer sometimes, also get what I like..

How is it bad suggesting a solution where everyone win??

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:08:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:00:50 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know if seasons will change in FH4 if someone only plays FH4 offline? I will be an offline-only

player, and I'd like to avoid winter/snow season gameplay. Snow and rain add variety and challenge,

but after a few times they lose the fun appeal for my liking anyway.
#105 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:36:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JudaZuk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
They've clarified very early in today's stream that they know Winter has connotations of being a challenge but they want to avoid it becoming a 'hard mode week' so they've intentionally designed the map to keep it enjoyable whether in hypercars or trophy trucks. They've also confirmed that the intensity of the season won't be as extreme as Blizzard Mountain.

Hopefully this will put some of you at ease. Probably won't though, outrage culture and all that.

So there is no point to seasons??

Called it.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:17:48 PM(UTC)
wow so many newbies and whiners in one thread. sorry but not sorry im digging the new weather system instead of buying dlc for different weathers. nuff said. back to being invisible. peace.
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:36:47 PM(UTC)
Not having extreme weather is the first disappointing thing I've read so far. Loved the crazy weather and blizzard mountain. Damn.
 2 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:04:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
Not having extreme weather is the first disappointing thing I've read so far. Loved the crazy weather and blizzard mountain. Damn.

That was my exact thought as well. I loved Storm Island's extreme weather too. Having winter without bad weather is a giant fail and a missed opportunity.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:09:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#109 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:18:42 PM(UTC)
Whatever happens, I think that the developers will do everything perfectly, and people will be happy with the game in all aspects. In Forza Horizon 4 there really is a lot of innovation that I really expected, and the game itself looks amazing in every season! I sincerely hope that the decision about the impossibility of selecting seasons in the offline mode in the usual way will not upset me and people who are in solidarity with me when the game comes out. Perhaps in the future, developers will still add a similar function, do not worry. I think that the game will be amazing! Good luck to all.
 1 user liked this post.
#110 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 3:23:06 AM(UTC)
They've clarified very early in today's stream that they know Winter has connotations of being a challenge but they want to avoid it becoming a 'hard mode week' so they've intentionally designed the map to keep it enjoyable whether in hypercars or trophy trucks. They've also confirmed that the intensity of the season won't be as extreme as Blizzard Mountain.

Hopefully this will put some of you at ease. Probably won't though, outrage culture and all that.

Called it.

Ok, so I’ve climbed down off the ledge a little. I still think a forced season change or at least a lack of an option is a mistake, but it’s a moot point. I guess we will wait and see for ourselves soon enough.

If I understand what I’ve read on other threads, one can throw out a blueprint race of any season one prefers, right? So, for example being the drag race minded person I am, could blueprint a short little drag track in a dry season. Then run that as a test track or blueprint a cruise around track I guess. So there’s a “workaround” to deal with the lack of choice.

To me, if this is a full, system clock controlled season change, then I hope they don’t dumb it down too much to where there’s no stormy weather on occasion at least. Like have the DJ talk about a storm moving in regardless of season.

I don’t know, I’m just anxious to play. FM7 changed so much from the tried and true. I’m just scared of what happens when things like this get brought in. Maybe my way of not getting too excited too soon.

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 3 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:48:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post

Called it.

Ok, so I’ve climbed down off the ledge a little. I still think a forced season change or at least a lack of an option is a mistake, but it’s a moot point. I guess we will wait and see for ourselves soon enough.

If I understand what I’ve read on other threads, one can throw out a blueprint race of any season one prefers, right? So, for example being the drag race minded person I am, could blueprint a short little drag track in a dry season. Then run that as a test track or blueprint a cruise around track I guess. So there’s a “workaround” to deal with the lack of choice.

To me, if this is a full, system clock controlled season change, then I hope they don’t dumb it down too much to where there’s no stormy weather on occasion at least. Like have the DJ talk about a storm moving in regardless of season.

I don’t know, I’m just anxious to play. FM7 changed so much from the tried and true. I’m just scared of what happens when things like this get brought in. Maybe my way of not getting too excited too soon.

Me being the "I'll drive around the world type" .. short time blueprints is not solving the issue with a locked down and limited game with less options then previous games.

If there is no snow storm, no rain storms , dumbed down and simplified winter seasons to not "make to hard" and the seasons are locked even if Offline.. They add houses, somehow this is "innovation" but you can not go in to them, so they are pointless, ... next thing we will hear about seems to be no ability to use your own music at all. Considering how many have asked about it both here in the forums and in their live streams having the questions ignored over and over... indicated there will be no custom music ... and there is a big risk the classic radio stations a lot of us have come to love through out the years are gone too.. because why are they refusing to talk about it??

as a long time Forza Horizon fan this game to me seem to look worse and worse..... a game needs to be more then pretty looks.. :/

I still have some little hope Playground games will listen to the feedback.. but as the time grows closer the more I am feeling concerned
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
if you have the option of changing weather offline, no one will take advantage of the news that each season will offer to the game. For example, in the winter week, will everyone go offline and play only in summer / spring / autumn? I understand their decision to leave everything the same in both modes, and who does not like these new options, it's very simple: do not play until you change station. If you want to stay alone in a season of the year, stay in forza horizon 3.
#113 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 7:33:55 AM(UTC)
At no point did they say theyve "dumbed" down the weather in the seasons. They said winter would not have heavy snow across the WHOLE map and that the whiteout snow storm were unlikely as they are not in keeping with locations climate. There will snow storms, just not what youd call a blizzard if you lived in Scandinavia or Canada/Northern US.
If youre that bothered about the music, turn off down the in game music and play your own off pc/tablet/smart speaker. Did anyone really use Groove? That falls at Microsofts feet.
The Radio stations theyve kept quiet on because in their own words "we havent finalised the tracklistings but it will be known a few weeks before release". They arent going to stray too far from their previous offerings unless licensing becomes an issue.
#114 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 7:36:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: forzakahuna123 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if seasons will change in FH4 if someone only plays FH4 offline? I will be an offline-only

player, and I'd like to avoid winter/snow season gameplay. Snow and rain add variety and challenge,

As I stated before if you are offline (not connected to the internet at all) the seasons would be based on your system clock. So if you want to play in Summer during the week of Winter you could disconnect your Xbox from the internet (disconnect from your WiFi or unplug your ethernet from your Xbox) and change your system clock to have the game in the Summer map.

Edited by user Saturday, July 28, 2018 7:37:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:12:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaceWinner11 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: forzakahuna123 Go to Quoted Post

As I stated before if you are offline (not connected to the internet at all) the seasons would be based on your system clock. So if you want to play in Summer during the week of Winter you could disconnect your Xbox from the internet (disconnect from your WiFi or unplug your ethernet from your Xbox) and change your system clock to have the game in the Summer map.

Doing this will of course make it impossible to play most other games, and render your Xbox virtually unusable for all services until you revertt all those changes... so this is of course not something one would normally do.. unless you only play Forza Horizon 4 and never ever play or use your Xbox for anything else ,

That is also why we need an option to choose Seasons in Offline ..... come on Playground Games.
#116 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:35:16 AM(UTC)
With a question via Twitter asking Ralph in regards to thunderstorms with lightning ever coming to FH4 in the future, Ralph's response: You never know.

This is certainly not a no and most likely a thing they may already be working on.

Thought's?
#117 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 2:15:33 AM(UTC)
The only way they should have the option to change seasons at your leisure offline is if you can't get collectibles offline, since some of those are tied to specific seasons and people shouldn't be able to cheat the natural progression to get ahead.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 8:42:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
The only way they should have the option to change seasons at your leisure offline is if you can't get collectibles offline, since some of those are tied to specific seasons and people shouldn't be able to cheat the natural progression to get ahead.

Well it is Playground Games fault they choose to lock the seasons, and then also their fault they locked collectibles to seasons but if I lose the abilities to get collectibles but get the option to actually be able to play the game more then ever 4 weeks, I could accept that.

Locked seasons in Offline is still in my opinion a horrible idea, and I still have hope they will change this. huge mistake

I will probably never understand how they could ever think it was a good idea to enforce seasons changes and then lock it in offline as well, and then put a car like McLaren Senna as the cover car, a car some describe as "a Hypercar for the track"???? You will basically only be able to in a reasonable scenario use this car ever 4 weeks.. because you do not drive a hyper car in any competitive fashion in Autumn or Winter, and in Britain not most likely not in Spring either.

Why not just put a slow and heavy Landrover on the cover if you want to exclude people that prefer super and hyper cars ?

Edited by user Sunday, September 2, 2018 8:50:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#119 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 10:46:03 AM(UTC)

I will probably never understand how they could ever think it was a good idea to enforce seasons changes and then lock it in offline as well, and then put a car like McLaren Senna as the cover car, a car some describe as "a Hypercar for the track"???? You will basically only be able to in a reasonable scenario use this car ever 4 weeks.. because you do not drive a hyper car in any competitive fashion in Autumn or Winter, and in Britain not most likely not in Spring either.

Why not just put a slow and heavy Landrover on the cover if you want to exclude people that prefer super and hyper cars ?

I manage to use a 415hp rwd car as my daily driver all year round. I don't think Britain's climate is quite as awful as you seem to think. Also, they have already demonstrated that even in winter, the snow is not going to be everywhere. I get that you're not happy about the seasons in the game, but I think you might have to accept that this game is probably not going to be for you. I've seen very few people as upset about the seasons as you are; I think you just need to give up on the game and find something else.
 2 users liked this post.
#120 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 12:47:12 PM(UTC)
I think you all just need to stop complaining and wait for the game to be released and go through a 4 week cycle or two. Just give the seasons a chance as its something we haven't seen before and I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as you all think.
At the end of the day, it promotes varied gameplay and adds new strategy; nothing wrong with that.
I like fiestas
 2 users liked this post.
#121 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 2:30:33 PM(UTC)

Unless they make drastic changes to the way the game works, Hypercars can do just fine totally off-road, much less in mere adverse weather. Indeed, in my opinion, off-road is the best way to race them. Snow might get a little crazy, but Horizon is all about the crazy. If you don't embrace the madness, you're doing it wrong. :)
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#122 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 9:11:02 PM(UTC)

Yes why would I pick a car I prefer to play .?? Why do you think??
Do you personally always pick the least favorite thing to do .. and then do that instead of your favorite thing? Do you also pay a premium to do that

I realize it is up to Playground Games (and now Microsoft) to destroy a game they make if they feel like it .. but I also have the option to tell them how idiotic I feel it is as a long time fan ..
They can of ignore it, like they have for several weeks so far , or potentially listen.

As most grown ups I have a job and several other commitments.. when I get home and finally have time to sit down and play I want to be able to play the thing I feel like I want to play. I do not understand how this concept is so hard for you, (and apparently Playground Games), to understand.

The day I have time to play might occur when it is winter. next time might be winter again. .. or maybe it is Autumn, and I feel like Spring.. It is not so unusually to have the desire to play your favorite game franchise of all time when you feel like it, in the way you fee like it .. and then be annoyed when that is not possible ...for no reason other then a badly thought trough decision

Im sorry the game isnt going to revolve around your schedule. The changing seasons are an integral part of progression in the game, thats it, thats why it cant be changed. If you choose to not race in a particular season you can not finish the game. Career races, showcase races, barn finds and forzathons will all unlock or become available as the seasons change.

As i said 3 out of the 4 seasons will literally be almost exactly the same. So that means for 21 days straight you can use a hypercar for anything and everything, but for 7 days youll have to use the blueprint system to change the season settings.

Adding an option to pick a specific season would basically halt progression of the game and only allow for freeroam and nothing more, no multiplayer, no singleplayer races, nothing. Not an impossible addition by any means, but obviously one playground games feels to be unnecessary and most likely problematic.

This is what horizon 4 is plain and simple. You can either buy it and play it or not thats up to you. Theres no surprises here like there was in forza 7, everyone has the ability to make an informed decision. If you don't like what theyre offering you can choose not to buy it, but to continue complaining about it is not going to change anything.
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:25:05 AM(UTC)
I find the seasons as an interesting addition. I would rather one physically bigger map than multiple copies of the same map, but they chose the other direction. The way the game plays now, seasons really won't incapacitate any car, the game is extremely forgiving in offroad/snowy conditions (too forgiving in my opinion). I feel like its a great addition and look forward to playing it. I'll just build a few awd daily cars to go with my **** nal of rwd cars to make it feel more realistic when that season comes around.
#124 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 6:34:22 AM(UTC)
Let’s hope the season is winter on x-mas holiday weekend this year or a lot if kids could get disappointed playing summer all of that holiday.

Joke aside, lets first see the game. They’ll sort it out, looking forward to seasons one way or another , Im one of those who can play each week :)

-
#125 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 9:10:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kinetic2080 Go to Quoted Post
Let’s hope the season is winter on x-mas holiday weekend this year or a lot if kids could get disappointed playing summer all of that holiday.

Joke aside, lets first see the game. They’ll sort it out, looking forward to seasons one way or another , Im one of those who can play each week :)

-

Ralph Fulton already said the game will start in autumn. To make it winter on x-mas they would need to start the game in winter. So, it look like there will be autumn for x-mas. Big disappointment on the Horizon.

7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error