This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:08:06 PM(UTC)
These modern trends with the online component make me very sad. For me, the game is a place where I leave people and do what I want, and when I want, and online violates this concept. In Forza Horizon 4 there is no strong online compulsion, but there is a hint of it in the form of a season change for everyone, however, if you can switch the season by changing the date of Windows 10 offline - it will be fine, but it is better to do without such manipulations. The idea of ​​changing seasons is certainly good, but personally I can not play often, because I leave home for a long time at work, and, apparently, the seasons will repeat for me. I also lose the opportunity to find rarities. I really like Forza Horizon, this is my favorite game, but depriving people of the season's choice is a huge mistake, especially for the considerable money they pay for the game!

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:06:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/21/2046 1:43:53 PM(UTC)
#77 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 2:54:35 PM(UTC)
I’m super excited about the seasons!
#78 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 3:33:00 PM(UTC)
Sounds fine to me as well. It's called a challenge. Getting all panicky about it seems silly. Arcade racer. Remember that. Horizon is not and not meant to be realistic.
 2 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:15:51 PM(UTC)
The Horizon series are my most favorite of ALL video games. Depending on how it is played a fair amount of realism can be achieved.

Blizzard Mt was an interesting diversion for me, but fortunately about the time I finished the achievements, the novelty was wearing thin for me.

That being said, even when I chose to play Blizzard Mt, I could always immediately return to the other setting.

This is not going to be the case in Horizon 4. It appears that the only option for avoiding a season I don't like would be to set up blue printed events. I really am not looking forward to a repeat of Blizzard Mt that lasts a week and returns every four weeks. I fully understand why it is necessary in online play, but cannot for the life of me see the need for this in off line play. At least in FM7, I can choose to drive in the wet or dry, as well as night or day in free play.

And.... in the 1:1 scale driving I do, I have driven well over a million miles in my lifetime and can honestly tell you I get no enjoyment of driving my vehicles in the snow or ice (not even my 4wd Wrangler or Touareg, nor my Eagles in the past, much less any normal 2 wheel drive vehicle). In fact, i really hate it. So no, I am not looking forward to the mandatory winter driving in Horizon 4 where my only realistic option is to not play the game 1 week out of every 4.
#80 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 5:32:28 PM(UTC)
I’m pretty sure there will be some manual way to change seasons for single player. Did they ever say there wasn’t a way for single player? I’m not sure. Mostly they are talking about online play. If not they will add it. You know they will to stop the moaning when the game comes out.

Edited by user Monday, July 23, 2018 9:37:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#81 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 5:58:54 PM(UTC)
Well I'm looking forward to the winter seasons because it means I get to drive the Land Cruiser for a week straight. 😄
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:25:20 AM(UTC)
If i remember correctly, they explained, that even a certain season can have different appereances from year to year.
For example one winter season is just cold and wet. Another winter is completely full of snow.

So actually they suprise us every week with a new appereance. This feature is imho only worth it, when online and offline is synched.
I would do it like that, when I would be responsible for the game.

BUT .... I predict the following:
They will do this three or four ingame-years, And within this time you are not able to choose different seasons offline, (except blueprint).
And about Christmas time, when we have seen all varations of all seasons, the shackles will be released in offline-mode ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:28:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:33:42 AM(UTC)
Assuming that Playground don’t make the same mistake as Turn 10 by reducing Rivals content, it would seem logical to have separate leaderboards for each season. If this is the case it may be possible to run any season you like from the Rivals menu.

Fingers crossed from me 😄
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:08:44 AM(UTC)
I'm wondering if it's just the northern half of the map that is snowing and snowy during winter and the bottom half is just cold and wet with occasional black ice.

I also wonder when we get the game in October, which season will we start in, Autumn since the Northern hemisphere will be in Autumn for the most part? I am looking forward to this game, I think I'll play it even more then FH3 (which I still play from time to time)
 4 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:33:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Assuming that Playground don’t make the same mistake as Turn 10 by reducing Rivals content, it would seem logical to have separate leaderboards for each season. If this is the case it may be possible to run any season you like from the Rivals menu.

What’s up Moss?! Great minds think alike. The rivals issue from FM7 completely broke my heart. Running rivals against my friends ghosts, the back and forth that felt like racing was what I enjoyed in every Forza I’ve played. (That’s why it’s been hard for me to enjoy your HLCs, Moss) FM7 just feels like driving around as opposed to actually racing. Just a bad decision by Turn 10.

Now on to these seasons. To me, IF this is a mandatory, just have to roll with whatever season it currently is thing, it may very well be a deal breaker for me. However, if, as Moss said, you have the option of running rivals in a certain season, I’m down for that!

I love Forza. I’ve even learned how to enjoy playing FM7! I dont have the time to play like used to so I’m not on as much as in the past. When I do have the opportunity to actually get on, I don’t want to be forced to play in a way that I don’t want to play.

I build and tune drag cars, that’s what I enjoy when I’m not painting or running rivals. If I can’t test drive what I build because it’s WINTER on the one day I’m able to play, why would I buy this game? I can’t really fathom who thought that forcing the seasons was a good idea. Maybe online only, as folks have been saying. That wouldn’t effect me too much. But for single player, the cjoice SHOULD be available.

Now, I acknowledge that I haven’t played the game yet. I’m sure it’ll be beautiful and neat and something new and different. But in my opinion, not having the choice is a bad decision. There’s plenty more that can and should be the focus. New upgrades, new engines, new cars, new paint textures and vinyl options, etc.

Ok, done rambling for now.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:35:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 3 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:14:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xterm1n8or Go to Quoted Post
Yeah I would be astounded if the seasons aren't able to be manually changed in offline mode.

I for one hate the snow in fh3 and there's no way Playground would be stupid enough to think people don't want to be able to choose the season themselves!

PG have hardly put a foot wrong in the horizon series, they're not going to make such a rookie mistake!

And today's stream confirmed what I feared ever since I saw the E3 presentation ... Playground ARE this stupid.

It is basically only in blueprints you can select a season .. rest of the time you are out of luck .. If you prefer to drive hyper/supercars and seasons are attempting to be like real seasons in the UK.. you can drive your cars 1, maybe 2 weeka out of 4 .. ..the other weeks, if you do not like the season , there is absolutely nothing you can do ...except not play the game.

If you can bare play spring and autum, but prefer summer..there is still at least 1 week every 4 weeks you are ether forced to play winter where you like it or not... or simply not play at all..

It is a pretty high price to play for a game you only want play certain weeks because how idiotic the game has been created.

I just hope they wake up, realize this huge mistake and fix it ...

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:15:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spellcheck

2 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:24:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I’m pretty sure there will be some manual way to change seasons for single player. Did they ever say there wasn’t a way for single player? I’m not sure. Mostly they are talking about online play. If not they will add it. You know they will to stop the moaning when the game comes out.

They confirm in today's stream there isn't .. Seasons are locked ... you can select seasons in a blueprint, but who cares about that. .

If you are like me and like to just drive around (because you have already done every single thing there is to do in the game after 2 weeks) there will be no way , none at all, to choose what season you want to drive in..

If Playground Games decided this week there will be winter, there will be winter .. and if you do not like that, simply do not play the game.. or that seems to be their philosophy :/
If you prefer to play only in the summer ... you get a quarter of a game ..because you will only be able to enjoy the game every 4 weeks..

and if you are like most normal people and have a job, maybe a family and other commitments in life etc... your personal schedule might not fit with that week it is Summer in the game.. to bad... but maybe you can play for 1 or 2 days next month. . Because we all want to a game that we can play 1 or 2 days every other month or so .. right?

I do hope Playground Games realize this is a huge huge mistake and fix this.

I get the season change in their Online world that I will never be apart of ... but for Offline..why does seasons have to be enforced then?????
It simply make no sense at all..unless they want to reduce the number of players..

4 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:42:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JudaZuk Go to Quoted Post
I understand what people are saying, i just think its premature to complain about something you havent tried yet. I also believe whether online or off, career progression will rely on the changing seasons. Im sure barn finds, showcase races as well as various career races will only be available during certain seasons. So i dont believe its as simple as adding an option in the settings. Im always for more options in any game, but seasons are the only major gameplay change from horizon 3 and i dont see them changing their minds at this point.

I have tried driving a hyper cars and super cars in the winter.. it is nearly impossible to control. and even if you do manage to control them you will still loose every single race against better suited cars because you will never get up to full speed.

It is very simple . If there is no way to way to jump to a prefer season, it will limit the amount of times at last I will play.
If I have to wait for weeks to play what I prefer in a scenario I prefer, and I also have to schedule my life around seasons in a game, I will most likely never play the game at all.

People have lives and often you need to pick the time you can play at random. Also most people have an ever changing preference for what they feel like playing at the moment.
Being denied to play what you want , at the time you can or want to play, well that is a huge letdown . It also in my opinion feels extremely tone def of Playground games if they do not listen to their fans concerns . I still hope they will.

You wouldnt be waiting weeks, itd be 1 week for the winter season. Spring, summer and fall will all be almost exactly the same just like in real life. Theyve already said you can put any season in blueprint races meaning the only time youll be "forced" to drive in the snow is to get to the races themselves, you can then just turn that race into a sunny summer day if youd like.

The bottom line is forza horizon 4 is their game and this is the direction they chose to go. Your options are to not buy the game, play something else that week when its winter, or do what i said above and blueprint your races for that week.

As far as using hypercars and supercars in the snow, obviously they arent meant for that so why wouldnt you choose a car more suited to the track at hand. You wouldnt take a low top speed car to an oval track because youd lose, so i dont know what you expected to happen.

Yes why would I pick a car I prefer to play .?? Why do you think??
Do you personally always pick the least favorite thing to do .. and then do that instead of your favorite thing? Do you also pay a premium to do that

I realize it is up to Playground Games (and now Microsoft) to destroy a game they make if they feel like it .. but I also have the option to tell them how idiotic I feel it is as a long time fan ..
They can of ignore it, like they have for several weeks so far , or potentially listen.

As most grown ups I have a job and several other commitments.. when I get home and finally have time to sit down and play I want to be able to play the thing I feel like I want to play. I do not understand how this concept is so hard for you, (and apparently Playground Games), to understand.

The day I have time to play might occur when it is winter. next time might be winter again. .. or maybe it is Autumn, and I feel like Spring.. It is not so unusually to have the desire to play your favorite game franchise of all time when you feel like it, in the way you fee like it .. and then be annoyed when that is not possible ...for no reason other then a badly thought trough decision
#89 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:44:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

I asked this question a while back on the forum and got no response. A playground employee stated in a video that some events/routes are season specific. I really hope that rivals has an opening menu where you a pick a season before selecting the available routes.

Rivals is one of my favourite aspects of the Forza series and I hope it is done well in horizon 4.

I should add that the season lock doesn't trouble me I find it refreshing.. but I will sure be disappointed if all routes and weather are not available from rivals. Maybe these are only available to race weekly also?
E30
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:00:39 PM(UTC)
The whole map isnt in deep snow during winter, the lower part is likely to be heavy rain or ice or flooded.
Adds a sense of real life, perhaps, or is that not allowed as its an "arcade" racing game?
The near constant dry, sunny weather of H2 and H3 got tiresome.
Most of spring, summer and autumn in the UK are practically the same weather. You are going to have to wait weeks for perfect conditions for youre style.
If you work a normal-ish 40 odd hour week, youre likely to have a couple of hours a week night and some of the weekend (if you dont have family eg. multiple kids to look after) so over the course of a week youre looking at 10-20 hours gameplay. That week will go fast.
Much rather have an evolving game to play in the hours i do have, than a game that forces me through repetition or get me to an almost impassable point where im stuck for an hour or more.
If you like a certain class of car, cool, but perhaps broaden youre horizons? I prefer B Class through S1 and not a massive fan of off-road. Didnt stop me completing all 3 previous Horizons after hundreds of hours, using all kinds of cars.
Honestly, if you dont like developers being innovative and trying new things, dont buy the game. There are award winning games out there that i wouldnt touch with a barge pole cos id hate them, either for gameplay, art-style or campaign/multiplayer (i include Motorsport in that category).
Everyones differnet and saying "i dont like something therefore you shouldnt" comes accross as childish. Any gamer over the age of 25 will remember when games were whatever was on the disc (good or bad) and there was no platform to communicate with developers pre or post-launch. Be grateful they have listened to peoples views over the last 8 or so years and have tried to iron out bugs and issues.
Just embrace stuff and enjoy driving/gaming.
 5 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:08:23 PM(UTC)
I understand what people are saying, i just think its premature to complain about something you havent tried yet. I also believe whether online or off, career progression will rely on the changing seasons. Im sure barn finds, showcase races as well as various career races will only be available during certain seasons. So i dont believe its as simple as adding an option in the settings. Im always for more options in any game, but seasons are the only major gameplay change from horizon 3 and i dont see them changing their minds at this point.

I have tried driving a hyper cars and super cars in the winter.. it is nearly impossible to control. and even if you do manage to control them you will still loose every single race against better suited cars because you will never get up to full speed.

It is very simple . If there is no way to way to jump to a prefer season, it will limit the amount of times at last I will play.
If I have to wait for weeks to play what I prefer in a scenario I prefer, and I also have to schedule my life around seasons in a game, I will most likely never play the game at all.

People have lives and often you need to pick the time you can play at random. Also most people have an ever changing preference for what they feel like playing at the moment.
Being denied to play what you want , at the time you can or want to play, well that is a huge letdown . It also in my opinion feels extremely tone def of Playground games if they do not listen to their fans concerns . I still hope they will.

You wouldnt be waiting weeks, itd be 1 week for the winter season. Spring, summer and fall will all be almost exactly the same just like in real life. Theyve already said you can put any season in blueprint races meaning the only time youll be "forced" to drive in the snow is to get to the races themselves, you can then just turn that race into a sunny summer day if youd like.

The bottom line is forza horizon 4 is their game and this is the direction they chose to go. Your options are to not buy the game, play something else that week when its winter, or do what i said above and blueprint your races for that week.

As far as using hypercars and supercars in the snow, obviously they arent meant for that so why wouldnt you choose a car more suited to the track at hand. You wouldnt take a low top speed car to an oval track because youd lose, so i dont know what you expected to happen.

Yes why would I pick a car I prefer to play .?? Why do you think??
Do you personally always pick the least favorite thing to do .. and then do that instead of your favorite thing? Do you also pay a premium to do that

I realize it is up to Playground Games (and now Microsoft) to destroy a game they make if they feel like it .. but I also have the option to tell them how idiotic I feel it is as a long time fan ..
They can of ignore it, like they have for several weeks so far , or potentially listen.

As most grown ups I have a job and several other commitments.. when I get home and finally have time to sit down and play I want to be able to play the thing I feel like I want to play. I do not understand how this concept is so hard for you, (and apparently Playground Games), to understand.

The day I have time to play might occur when it is winter. next time might be winter again. .. or maybe it is Autumn, and I feel like Spring.. It is not so unusually to have the desire to play your favorite game franchise of all time when you feel like it, in the way you fee like it .. and then be annoyed when that is not possible ...for no reason other then a badly thought trough decision

This is exactly my situation. I’ll reserve full judgement until I’ve played the game, but:

There will be people who want to play predominantly in winter, just as I would prefer to play predominantly in the summer months, which is fair enough; everyone has a preference.. So given this, why aren’t we given the choice to choose what season we wish to play in offline? I totally understand the online side of things, and fully support it, but I don’t see what the issue is if I want to switch off from the world and play in whatever season I want to? Surely it would make sense to provide everyone with a game that they can play how they want, when they want?

I’ve little interest in winter or off-roading, and I’m quite busy, so it’s disappointing to know that I’ll potentially miss out on a game that I’d like to play for a week at a time because I can’t change the seasons. If, for example 12 months after release, I decide that I fancy playing, boot the game up and it’s a season that I don’t like, chances are I’ll just switch off and go to something else. Being forced into a season doesn’t breed longevity for everyone, but could have the opposite affect.

I’ll finish with this. I’ve no sense of entitlement. If this is the way it has to be then so be it. The developers have clearly put huge effort into this game; it’s clear to see. But, as of now, I’m very disappointed about this.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:18:25 PM(UTC)
They've clarified very early in today's stream that they know Winter has connotations of being a challenge but they want to avoid it becoming a 'hard mode week' so they've intentionally designed the map to keep it enjoyable whether in hypercars or trophy trucks. They've also confirmed that the intensity of the season won't be as extreme as Blizzard Mountain.

Hopefully this will put some of you at ease. Probably won't though, outrage culture and all that.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:51:15 PM(UTC)
From the July 24 "Winter" stream:

Q: "How do seasons change?"
A: "It will change at the same time for absolutely everyone, regardless of time zone. The game will start counting down; it will be really clear, saying that the season's going to change in [10] minutes, 5 minutes, 1 minute. And then when it does, as long as you're not doing anything - which is to say you're not in the middle of an event, for example - we'll take you out of that, we'll show a season transition cinematic, and when the game fades back up (you know, 20 seconds later) you will be in the next season. ... When you return to the game, the game will just say 'season's changed' and play that transition cinematic and you'll just start where you left off."
https://youtu.be/aEdrvTKcDaA?t=816
#94 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:23:09 PM(UTC)
I also heard that if you are offline (not connected to the internet at all) the seasons would be based on your system clock. So if you want to play in Summer but the game is in Winter you could disconnected from the internet and change your system clock to have the game in the Summer map.
 2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:54:37 PM(UTC)
I'm extremely excited for dynamic seasons. All the whiners are just that.......whiners. I can't stand when so called fans try to destroy fresh and unique features that are truly game changing. What do you want every two years?........A reskin of the same game? I applaud Playground Games on this unique feature and implore them not to let whiney uncreative children ruin it!!!!!!!
 4 users liked this post.
#96 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:44:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Egorian Monk Go to Quoted Post
I'm extremely excited for dynamic seasons. All the whiners are just that.......whiners. I can't stand when so called fans try to destroy fresh and unique features that are truly game changing. What do you want every two years?........A reskin of the same game? I applaud Playground Games on this unique feature and implore them not to let whiney uncreative children ruin it!!!!!!!

Whiney, uncreative children?! Thanks for your input. You seem like a NICE person. You obviously did not read what most of these people have written but still felt the need to put most of these people down.

What most of us are saying is NOT that we don’t think the seasons will be cool or interesting. Not bashing developers for coming up with this idea. The problem that most of us have is that we are NOT children. We have jobs and families and real world things to do the majority of the time. This limits the times and length of time available to play. I for one don’t want to be forced to play in winter if I don’t want to.

Season changes are great. Cool idea. Offline they should NOT be forced. That is all the majority are saying. Online, whatever. Just like GTA in the winter, around Christmas time, when online there will be snow instead of rain for everyone online. Roads get slick. You can make snowballs. It is fun. But it’s NOT forced when offline.

The lack of choice. The potential that this season thing will either have bugs and issues while playing or fact that with limited playing time there stands the chance that it is always a season that you don’t like. That is what has people up in arms.

In the future, by all means, give your opinion. Your very welcome to that. But there’s absolutely no reason to call everyone that has an opposing opinion to yours “whiney, uncreative children”! None.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#97 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:57:10 AM(UTC)
I read the compete post and i do have to say some things a childish and some do have a point.

First thing: on release there are some people who will play as much as possible, like everyday multiple hours. If so you won't really feel that season change because in 1 week you can do a lot of progress. And after 3-4 days of straight playing in one season you really want to try the other seasons as well, but you stuck in that season for a week and if you want to jump from summer to snow its not that easy like in fh3

But there are also people who dont play that lot and im pretty sure when they play, they do also other things than racing, like drive around tuning cars or what ever. They play a day and think that was a nice day i really want to do that again. The next time they have time to play is in a next season which dont have to be bad but driving in a hot summer and than in a rain autumn is different. Also the vibe is other in every season and one day you are more in the summer mood the other day in a spring.

These points where a bit against the fixed seasons changen but there are also points that are good.
Like someone said you have to adapt the style of driving and what you drive maybe also with seperate tunings which ads alot of differnet experience to and fun to the game.

About reaching the barnfind on the island i dont think the game will say: " hey there here is a new barnfind on the island but you have to wait **weeks to reach it" im pretty sure the barnfind will be unlocked for everyone in the winter.
And i don't know why everyone thinks they have the game fully completed with finding everything in 2 weeks. I have alot of hours in FH3 i think 200+ and still i dont have every bonus board.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:23:56 AM(UTC)
I actually kinda envy the people with such busy lives they only get to play so often a week. It means each season will be extra special, as opposed to going all-in in the first month and burning all the novelty out.
#99 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:10:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Egorian Monk Go to Quoted Post

Totally agree!
I'm getting quite sick of the ,pre judgeing, crying minority. So far, they have shown so much innovation and new diversions to give us all a better game and a better experience. Some people here don't understand that the developers provide the opportunity to experience horizon on new levels.
For crying out loud, stop freaking whining.
 2 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:26:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
They've clarified very early in today's stream that they know Winter has connotations of being a challenge but they want to avoid it becoming a 'hard mode week' so they've intentionally designed the map to keep it enjoyable whether in hypercars or trophy trucks. They've also confirmed that the intensity of the season won't be as extreme as Blizzard Mountain.

Hopefully this will put some of you at ease. Probably won't though, outrage culture and all that.

So there is no point to seasons??

The only way to make a winter map fun for hyper cars, is to make it summer in my opinion. Or there will be no snow? No ice?

I doubt that.

Just let us choose the season we want when we play offline, it does not have to be this hard. Making seasons simple and pointless is hardly the solution.
7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error