This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<345Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:01:11 PM(UTC)
I while I share frustrations, i think one place of differings was when they included the custom routes in championships.

For me it showed as a start. The desire to get more inclusive and I was expecting there to be a continual growth of improvements and quality plus community. The first route championships did have flaws though. My tracks got featured for three, but by changing cars, environment and weather, they did change race quality somewhat.

Then we has the comp and such for second series. Started very stong. Many improvements, was looking solid... And we wont go into what happened after. Suffice to say, that is what inspired me to create my forum share though if there is solid reference elsewhere, might need to look into it. Even... Reddit (shiver). The thread being my only way to reasonably share my tracks and try to still show that community routes can offer solid racing. What media do you use?

We route creators are a small group, and only so much we can do. Our hands are tied to bring more fresh content awareness to the game and the limitations like for starts hindering creative options. And as long as good races keep getting buried under "EZ $$$$". The awareness will be lost. Need to get good racing front and center. Start having the editor choose more.... Unless is some sort of finite limit and cost to it.
#102 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:44:23 PM(UTC)
It's a discord server hosted by a very polite and friendly driver and can be found here: https://discord.gg/wYYs5z
I was gonna share fresh blueprints of my routes but couldn't since bps are already automatically shared and can't be altered. Those blueprints are tailored towards endurance dirt and my already pretty long circuits are set up with too many laps for most people I guess, and have classic car restriction (as I don't touch any "car" post early 90s haha). No chance of changing that due to the way FH4 handles blueprints.
However, this discord server just got started and there are already a lot of great custom routes there, growing day by day.
It's also pretty convenient to use, and snappy fast, other than this forum.

I just spent a day trying to share blueprints that are more inclusive (anything goes, no class restriction, fewer laps) but ultimately failed thanks to PG.
 1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 3:50:49 PM(UTC)
As a whole, I can say that the majority of my post-campaign time in FH4 has been in the blueprint mode and route creator. Its a fantastic feature that I've sunk dozens of hours into, however there are some things about it that I would like to see improved or added.

HIGH PRIORITY

Vehicle Cap: When creating custom blueprints, I typically prefer to use the "custom" car restriction tab. It enables me to make more thematic events that I find more enjoyable than the "anything goes" or other presets. However, this feature has a 50 vehicle capacity to it, and it can just be so crippling at times. If I want to make a race that includes every super and hyper car in the game, I can't do it. If I want to make a race that includes every post-80's car in the game, I can't do it. Or if I want to make a race that only includes every CAR in the game (excluding trucks, buggies, vans, etc), I can't do it. That being said, I'd love to see that cap increased, or more preferably, outright removed. This is my #1 request, so please consider it.

Reversible Tracks: Prior to actually making a point-to-point track, I tend to plan it out, spending some time doing so. But, more often than I'd like, that entire plan goes down the drain because the starting point I want to use starts the race grid facing in the wrong direction. It'd be a welcome feature if players could choose the direction of the starting line.

Editing Blueprints: At the current state of things, you can only "edit" a blueprint by overriding it with another. Furthermore, you can only do this if all 5 slots are full at a certain location. Being able to edit an existing blueprint would be a very welcome feature. One that I'll use often thanks to the continuous flow of new vehicles being added to the game.

LOW PRIORITY

Custom Starting Line: Being able to choose where you place your starting line. A very welcome feature, but a low priority one due to how complicated it would be to execute.

"Random" Settings: I like the freedom to choose the season, time of day, or weather in a blueprint, but having a "random" option for each, making every attempt at the race different, would make for a more spontaneous and exciting experience.

In-Depth Car Restrictions: Being able to restrict vehicles by more than just their class would be another welcome feature. Whether it be engine type, drivetrain, aspiration, horsepower, engine placement, etc.

Street Races: I'm not certain why Street Race events are excluded from blueprints and route creator, but including them in the roster would be a welcome improvement, enabling players to create more difficult events with the inclusion of traffic.

Increase to blueprint slots: As of now, players can create a maximum of 5 blueprints per location. I'd appreciate if that cap were eventually increased. At least anywhere from 7 to 10 slots.
#104 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:11:10 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know if its possible to set a specific car class on these features and if so how
#105 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:46:49 AM(UTC)
Yes you can. After creating a route you go back into the race start location and choose blueprint.
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:52:43 AM(UTC)
Thanks I'll give it a go
#107 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:09:14 AM(UTC)
This didn't work or I'm misunderstanding you. can't you lock it to a class in the creator screen
#108 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:27:27 AM(UTC)
In the blueprint choose car type (anything goes will give you all of them) then the next screen gives you the class option.
#109 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:54:40 AM(UTC)
It always works I've found if do following:

(1) Create Route
(2) After file saved, come completely out
(3) Join any freeroam online session
(4) Goto location
(5) Select PvP

Now when you create a blueprint, you'll find class choice always appears every time. Make sure you don't forget to select the route race track.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:57:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#110 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:32:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arkra1ders Go to Quoted Post
It always works I've found if do following:

(1) Create Route
(2) After file saved, come completely out
(3) Join any freeroam online session
(4) Goto location
(5) Select PvP

Now when you create a blueprint, you'll find class choice always appears every time. Make sure you don't forget to select the route race track.

The key part here is the "join online session"

After you make the route and save it, always exit to join back to the online. Next you can go to blueprint from solo/coop/pvp, it will not matter.

Select your custom route.

With that, you should have full availability now for car classes in that list and all race settings available including PI. On default map and not online, it locks out many things.

Be sure to give the blueprint a new name. When me and my friends hunt for new random routes, default names get passed over, assuming it is the default route.
#111 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 5:21:51 AM(UTC)
The ability to place tyre walls to block off roads would also be a great feature.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:10:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#112 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 2:35:15 AM(UTC)
Hello !

I'm in advance sorry for my english. I translated it from french and "corrected" it.

I didn't found any post about this in particular. If it's a duplicate, you can delete it.

The route creator is a very good feature in Forza Horizon 4 but I would like to know if the developers intend to improve it - or rather to complete it - on certain points. I think they already have all the tools they need to do it.
Would it be possible in the near future to be able to place walls and indications, not only for the legibility of the circuit and for a better quality of general layout, but also to be able to create other paths without only using check points ? I think in particular to vary the widths of the track or to force to particular points of braking and turning and avoiding cuts and mini-cuts possibilities.

It would be nice to be also able to remove certain objects on the road (garbage cans, some barriers etc.) to make it more "digestible" or just to make it more "organized event circuit".
Because even if a festival of this magnitude was organized, it would surprise me that the organisers leave there phone booths or other bins in the middle of the way : it would not only cost the city a lot but would also be dangerous for the public and the pilots .
... I know that I am going too far and that it is not a game with a realistic vocation but the will is to create tracks well built and clean in the creative and technical sense.

For people who prefer the off-road or the rally why not ramps/jumps for example ...

Basically all that the devs used in the "official" tracks. With a limit of blocks to place... to avoid big mess and slow down the game for example.

So there is no question of whether the game is "sim" or "cade", it is a question of being able to create circuits with a real personality and not just place check points of different widths.

Sincerly,

Ornotoraph, and old TMU/TMUF track builder.

Edited by user Friday, June 7, 2019 2:35:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 4:04:32 AM(UTC)
I totally agree with the author of the original post. As it stands the 'creator tools' are the minimal basics and should be expanded to include props, signs, tyre walls etc.

while on the subject, I notice a player made 'street race' features in this weeks community championship; I was wondering how a player can create this route when 'route creator' is not an option available to us on 'street races'?
#114 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:11:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PURE NFS MAC Go to Quoted Post

while on the subject, I notice a player made 'street race' features in this weeks community championship; I was wondering how a player can create this route when 'route creator' is not an option available to us on 'street races'?

I tried and couldn't do it... strange...
#115 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 12:07:48 PM(UTC)
May not be aware but .. can you delete tracks that I've created ?
 1 user liked this post.
#116 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 12:17:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ornotoraph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PURE NFS MAC Go to Quoted Post

I tried and couldn't do it... strange...

Maybe PG used route originally being Road Race and used their Dev tools to make it Street Race? Anyway, being able to create Street Races would be great. Also other improvements in Route Creator, I think it's perhaps the best new feature over FH3.
 2 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 3:22:01 PM(UTC)
to me this what could really make the game live long .. the content creator is waht saved GTAO racing community .. it could do the same for FH4 .. it would permit also to creat an insane amount of variety if open lobbies are created (like FH1) .. just like GTAO .. the best new tracks could be add to the MP or the playlist .. it also could show the devs what type of event is more popular .. and help them to creat more track .. because for now there is only small tracks or short sprint .. no medium/long tracks of 5 miles F1 style ..

it would also permit to experiment and see what track layout promot good and fair racing .. how to prevent exploit like wallriding with penalty system that is hard to make perfect

Edited by user Friday, June 7, 2019 3:24:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:04:02 PM(UTC)
I'd be supremely happy if we just got the ability to add/edit/delete checkpoints instead of having to always start over from scratch. Nothing worse than making an epic route, only to have it ruined by one single mistake that you can't fix. The fact that such a great feature is so incredibly lacking in useful features really makes me shake my head in wonder. Just another sign of the times, I suppose.
#119 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 8:22:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Draconus 360 Go to Quoted Post
I'd be supremely happy if we just got the ability to add/edit/delete checkpoints instead of having to always start over from scratch. Nothing worse than making an epic route, only to have it ruined by one single mistake that you can't fix. The fact that such a great feature is so incredibly lacking in useful features really makes me shake my head in wonder. Just another sign of the times, I suppose.

Nice to see they still haven't fixed this yet. It really feels like this game is a demo and not the actual full release. Demos don't get fixed but full releases do...just not this game.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#120 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:51:17 PM(UTC)

I just created my first custom race event, and I made some bad choices. Can I edit it, or just delete it?

Thanks,
#121 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:52:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ReportedPeak2 Go to Quoted Post

I just created my first custom race event, and I made some bad choices. Can I edit it, or just delete it?

Thanks,

I'm not expert with Route Creator, but editing after sharing is impossible.
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error