2 Pages12Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:54:27 PM(UTC)
Can anyone confirm whether the homogenisation from FM7 will continue in FH4. The reveal looked great, but this one factor destroyed fm7 for me, I put about 15 hours into a series I usually put hundreds into. I need to be able to make cats my way. FH4 is a day one purchase for me if it's been dropped.

Edited by user Monday, June 18, 2018 10:03:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 2:34:01 PM(UTC)
Untill now, no Forza Horizon Game on the Xbox One generation, had a homologization system, your opponents drive cars like you, but you get to choose how powerful
 5 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 2:36:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stray2615 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone confirm whether the homogenisation from FM7 will continue in FH4. The reveal looked great, but this one factor destroyed fm7 for me, I put about 15 hours into a series I usually put hundreds into. I need to be able to make cats my way. FH4 is a day one purchase for me if it's been dropped.

I didn't realize dairy farming was part of Forza 7. lol

#4 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 2:36:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zanion Go to Quoted Post
Untill now, no Forza Horizon Game on the Xbox One generation, had a homologization system, your opponents drive cars like you, but you get to choose how powerful

Yeah I know they haven't, but no motorsport has either until 7. I'm hoping it's gone back to class racing
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 2:37:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post

I didn't realize dairy farming was part of Forza 7. lol

Lol you know what I mean, that's what my phone autocorrect to.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:27:06 PM(UTC)
Just remember that the games are made by completely different studios, while they do share some stuff, they won't necessarily have the same features.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:36:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hazzawalker Go to Quoted Post
Just remember that the games are made by completely different studios, while they do share some stuff, they won't necessarily have the same features.

Yeah I know, bit this feature is the deciding factor on my purchase, so I'd like to know 100% before I preorder it.
 5 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 9:48:10 PM(UTC)
Pls STOP Homologation!!
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:09:22 PM(UTC)

Yeah I know, bit this feature is the deciding factor on my purchase, so I'd like to know 100% before I preorder it.

Seeing as how the game was just announced today I’d imagine you would have to wait as information pertaining to features is trickled out till launch day. No one knows yet.
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:35:58 PM(UTC)
Motorsport games always had a set PI limit which we upgraded up to, Horizon games always allowed us to race with our cars upgraded to whatever random PI we liked. It's a totally different philosophy for setting up cars, so I can't imagain any compulsory upgrading system would or could apply.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:52:51 PM(UTC)
I think we need a bit better balancing in Horizon, because B class and below was just a joke, honestly. But yeah, homogenization for everything would be bad. Maybe for some very specific events it could work, but all the time, not so much.
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 2:11:16 AM(UTC)
I doubt it. You wouldn't rock up to a street race/car meet and have dudebros put restrictors on your car or tell you that you can't enter this car meet cos your tyres are too phat.
#13 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 9:58:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DottierLearner8 Go to Quoted Post
Motorsport games always had a set PI limit which we upgraded up to, Horizon games always allowed us to race with our cars upgraded to whatever random PI we liked. It's a totally different philosophy for setting up cars, so I can't imagain any compulsory upgrading system would or could apply.

Yeah, but there is difference with 7. Other Forza's would let you bypass this to run cars stock, or whith whatever upgrades you wanted.

FM7 forced this into it's gameplay, and although I respect that some people like it, for me it just ruined the game. I play exclusively offline and I see no point of a system like this. AI will adjust to you anyway.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 6 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 10:01:59 AM(UTC)
Hi guys,

We do not have homologation in any of the Forza Horizon titles.

Cheers,

Edited by user Monday, June 18, 2018 10:03:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#15 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 10:21:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post

If not homologation, what are "the rules of the competition", then? Do we have Performance Index, car classes (A, B, C, D...) and types (Classic Muscle, Retro Rally, etc) like FH3? Is it business as usual for Horizon?

Edited by user Monday, June 18, 2018 10:24:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 10:38:48 AM(UTC)
I actually loved that aspect from FM7 because it made races online more balanced overall, and they later re-introduced class-based racing so you do have the choice in FM7. In the Horizon series it makes less sense to put it because there is less focus on being faster and 1st in every race, you get tons of points for just driving clean and overall the emphasis is more on fun. I play a ton of Forza Horizon online, and it doesn't bother me as much when I am not first. In FM7 however, that is basically my only goal is to be 1st each race.
 4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 11:04:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

If not homologation, what are "the rules of the competition", then? Do we have Performance Index, car classes (A, B, C, D...) and types (Classic Muscle, Retro Rally, etc) like FH3? Is it business as usual for Horizon?

My bet would be something similar to FH3.
Homologation makes since for the Motorsport series as it is a thing in real motorsport, But it makes little sense with the free-form do whatever you want feel Horizon goes for. Anyone that was seriously worried about Homologation in Horizon must have some really pessimistic views on life.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 11:52:51 AM(UTC)
Homologation very nearly ruined FM7 for me. Glad to see it will not be in Horizon 4.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 1:52:13 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Cheers,

This is vague. You could be talking about only past titles. Why not say Horizon 4, unless there is a possibility?

2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 2:01:15 PM(UTC)
Going by Nitro Glitter's comment, I wonder if that means it'll be the same system as FH3. Hopefully it is, it was probably my favourite implementation of the PI system in Forza, not being forced to upgrade your car if you didn't want to, nor are you limited to what you can upgrade to since Drivatars will match whatever PI you are.

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 2:24:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Manual Clutch Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Cheers,

This is vague. You could be talking about only past titles. Why not say Horizon 4, unless there is a possibility?

How is that vague? FH4 falls under “any of the Forza Horizon titles.” Not to mention it’s in the FH4 forums.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 9:36:31 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Cheers,

Oh that's not fair
I like homogenization
Can't it at least be an option like stock

2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#23 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 10:52:00 PM(UTC)
Homologation has made absolutely no difference to the way I play Forza, my proper gamertag account still makes plenty of money selling tunes.
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:06:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Cheers,

Oh that's not fair
I like homogenization
Can't it at least be an option like stock

Would've tied in perfectly with the tractors in FH4, even though they're only traffic, lol
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:41:33 AM(UTC)

Your are correct about the 2 different studios. However, this is the first year that I have seen Turn 10 studios take center stage during the promotion of a Forza Horizon game. Nearly every interview regarding Forza Horizon 4, that I have seen, has been conducted by a senior member of Turn 10 Studios, and not Playground Games.

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error