5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 2:49:35 PM(UTC)
I think that this confirms the “Cockpit Camera” used in FM7...
Screenshot taken from the Inside Xbox Streaming:

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 2:52:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC Specs: Intel Core® i7 4790, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5, 16GB RAM, 1TB Seagate ST1000, Windows 10 Home
#77 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 4:17:01 PM(UTC)
Inside Xbox Live Stream Forza Horizon 4 shown at 1 hour and 26 mins

https://youtu.be/48_RexU9hqk

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 4:17:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#78 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 7:19:09 PM(UTC)
Blackpanthaa gameplay with Assists menu

TC9700Gaming gameplay and Q&A with Brian Ekberg

Menu:

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 7:42:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:06:36 PM(UTC)
Jon Knoles being interviewed by Polygon:

Quote:
Knoles: Well, no, I didn’t wanna hit them. I just wanted to chase them.

Polygon: Sure, sure.

Knoles: So it’s really fun to get in a car and get in a field and chase the sheep and have them do fun things. We’re also an E-rated game, and we don’t wanna hurt any animals. So we took extra pains to make sure they have the greatest vehicle avoidance AI of any creature in the history of video games.

almost made me shoot soda all over my screen.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/11/17449912/forza-horizon-4-seasons-xbox-one-windows-interview

Quote:
The demo that you see out there is pretty close to the first 10 minutes of the game. So you get all four seasons like, boom, boom, boom, boom. Couple minutes per season, just a quick magic carpet ride. And then the Horizon Festival officially starts as it always does, in summer.

Quote:
There’s a whole team dedicated at Playground to live operations, if you will. Keeping things alive and fun and new and fresh for people long after the game ships. It’s a commitment that they’re gonna deliver on.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/11/17449456/forza-horizon-4-britain-e3-2018-xbox-exclusive-interview

Quote:
“The other thing that’s a surprise about Britain is how vertical it is. We don’t think of, like, the Swiss Alps or the Rockies like we had with the first game, which was set in Colorado. But this is our most vertical world ever. [Forza Horizon 3 add-on] Blizzard Mountain was a big experiment to see how vertical we could go. Now we’ve got all of that and more, because there is a lot of verticality throughout — especially the northwest parts of the map, which are the lake country, and going up into Scotland.

“We got all of that, plus the beaches. Which, the beaches are different. They’re not as sunny as [Forza Horizon 3’s Australia] ... but you know, every season brings something new and that’s the coolest thing about it. The world is always changing. There’s lots of games where you go to this part of the map and it’s always summer, right? Then you go to the volcano area and it’s always lava. I mean, I worked on lots of Star Wars games, so I’m used to the snow planet, the lava planet, the jungle planet. The whole world transforms every week now. I mean, it’s gonna be amazing.”

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 8:28:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 3/4/2046 12:55:42 PM(UTC)
#80 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 10:05:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Surgemaster Go to Quoted Post
Just to clarify what I posted earlier, my concern with FH4 is that it will be an open-world version of FM7. Certain cars will be locked, loot boxes will become part of the norm, auctions will be rigged and single player mode will be de-emphasized in favor of online play. With Playground now officially part of the Microsoft Studios family, I am worried about the future of Forza, especially after experiencing FH7. I do not feel like spending $60 on another Forza that will leave me disappointed and ripped off. I will wait for more details about FH4 before I make my final judgment.

Ignorance is bliss. You DO realize that Playground Games only makes Horizon right? And, again, lootboxes are nothing special in FM7. You're crying just because you can.....
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:15:28 AM(UTC)
Now that Microsoft has bought Playground Games, it would not surprise me at all if FH4 has microtransactions and loot boxes. If there is no single-player mode, then not only will I not buy this, but I will be done with Forza in general.

Forza has had microtransactions for a while (tokens) but no one seems to buy them, in FH3 there was even an option to turn tokens off. Anyway Microsoft isn't stupid, the whole gaming industry watched EA crash and burn last year, and with loot boxes being banned in Belgium not many games will have them any more.
"If it has 4 (or 3) wheels I will probably redline it through a field and smash it into a tree" - Me
#82 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:42:19 AM(UTC)
Senna E3 Debut livestream June 12

E3 2018: Microsoft and McLaren Continue Storied Partnership with Forza Horizon 4
by Alan Hartman, Studio Head at Turn 10 Studios
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 9:00 am
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/12/e3-2018-microsoft-mclaren-continue-storied-partnership-forza-horizon-4
Quote:
In celebration, the 2019 McLaren Senna will make its North American debut in our Mixer booth, located in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center. The supercar reveal will take place during a https://mixer.com/mixer livestream on Tuesday, June 12 at 11:00 a.m. PDT and displayed for E3 attendees throughout the week. The McLaren Senna – named for legendary Formula 1 driver, Ayrton Senna – sets a new benchmark of excellence in the automotive industry. It is the fastest supercar in the automaker’s impressive history, providing an unparalleled connection between driver and car with excellence both on track and on road.

https://twitter.com/CarC...atus/1006600780592267264

Edited by user Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:35:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:18:13 AM(UTC)
The McLaren Automotive guy and the Senna being physically down there seem to be the answer to: "Which brand is Playground currently interacting with?"
#84 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:19:11 PM(UTC)
June 12 floor demo stream

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/1006643277158801408
Quote:
We are streaming the #ForzaHoriZon4 demo live from the Microsoft Theater on @WatchMixer! Look for special FH4 interviews today and tomorrow too! Watch: http://www.mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport

#85 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:15:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
The McLaren Automotive guy and the Senna being physically down there seem to be the answer to: "Which brand is Playground currently interacting with?"

On this topic, in the LIVE Q&A by JackUltraMotive @ around 3:00, Brian said the partnership with McLaren goes back to Forza 5, and that the 720S is coming to FM7 next month. While not direct confirmation that the 720S is coming to FH4 also, this is excellent news nonetheless. Also McLaren directly let them know about the Senna and immediately they started working on getting the hypercar in a game. There are events involving the Senna in FH4.

@ around 33:50 Brian speaks of drift suspensions and immediately after of new steering angles. Coincidence? I think not!

@ around 34:00 Brian confirms that if you have liveries created in previous Forza games on XBox One, going all the way back to Forza 5, you can import them.

@ around 35:00 Brian confirms hot rod kits and off-road kits in addition to wide body kits.
#86 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:27:02 AM(UTC)
TCR9700 wasn't allowed to record some closed-door demo he was invited to that had open-world stuff etc. not featured in the regular E3 demo, but did a video talking about the subject.

- Twisty, paved mountain roads are confirmed.
- A drag strip is confirmed, found within the Horizon Festival itself, with multiple lanes available for multiplayer drag racing
- A drift pad is also available there, to practice drifting and whatnot
- You can progress through the game by means of streaming but apparently it works only by streaming on Mixer
- Story-wise, you don't start as the boss of the Horizon Festival, everybody starts over as a newcomer
#87 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:07:25 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it, but AR12 has a similar video with ONLINE, MAP, AUTO GHOSTING & MORE!! written in its title.

- Drone Mode is back
- the map features many off-road paths, and hill climbing opportunities up and down
- rain can form puddles that can sometimes be as wide as the whole road
- there is only one Horizon Festival site in the whole map instead of 4
- the 10 houses act as mini-Festival sites where you can customize and tune cars, etc.
- the front driveway of your houses works as a Forzavista site
- traffic cars have roof racks carrying bicycles, surf boards, ladders, etc. adding variety
- Danger Signs and Drift Zones are back, both for solo gameplay and the new live collective #Forzathon events
- you can use the Rewind feature during an ONLINE race, it doesn't affect the other drivers or their lap times, it just helps you reset your own car
- there is an ONLINE Photo Mode which pauses the game only for you, so other people's cars appear motionless but only on your screen - in other words, even though your friend is free to go wherever, whenever, you can make as many photos you want of his or her car being in the position it was when you entered Photo Mode
- you can pause the game ONLINE, which tuns your car into a ghost that won't interfere with the other drivers, and when you unpause you go back straight up to speed
- there is a long, Goliath-like race in FH4, taking you on the fastest roads around the entire map
- the aforementioned drag strip in the Horizon Festival seems to be shorter than the full mile airport drag strip in FH3, something like 1/4 mile
- there is a stunt area in the Horizon Festival with a donut area, off-road (trial?) jumps, etc.
- the Horizon Festival appears to be set in the ruins of a castle
- Leagues are coming to FH4

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:12:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#88 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:44:59 AM(UTC)
E3 Coliseum - June 13
https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/1006953054732554240
Quote:
Check out the “Future of Racing” panel with @ralphmfulton @dan_greenawalt @mechberg and @AceyBongos starting at 11 am Pacific: http://Facebook.com/e3expo

and live.e3expo.com

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:59:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#89 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:48:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Check out the “Future of Racing” panel with @ralphmfulton @dan_greenawalt @mechberg and @AceyBongos starting at 11 am Pacific: http://Facebook.com/e3expo

Now that the livestream is over, you can (re)watch the video here:
https://www.facebook.com...588014/10155533363773015

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:49:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#90 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 11:31:38 PM(UTC)
AR12 began posting his Q&A video with the executive producer for the Horizon franchise, in part 1:
- Forza Edition cars are back, they're called Forza Edition like FM7, no longer Horizon Edition
- Forza Edition cars can be rewards for what the player does
- #Forzathon gives players things to do hourly, daily, and weekly
- instead of doing a few things in the weekend to get your rewards, you have a constant stream, and multiple ways to get your #Forzathon Points to spend them in the related shop
- Wheelspins are back
- VIP features Super Wheelspins on a weekly basis, but it's not the only way to get them
- apparently there are multiple spots to do drag racing in
- there is no "official" race track on the map, you race on and off the road
- user-created races (blueprints) can be shared
- there's an activity panel that will let you join quickly other people's (created) events, even if they aren't your friends (yet)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2018 11:33:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#91 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:46:28 AM(UTC)
Just before the 8th minute in this interview with Shacknews, Ralph talks about drag tires and strips at the festival and Northumberland beach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3FzdBKLOpY

Edited by user Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:49:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#92 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:02:51 AM(UTC)
News from the MotorWorldHype interview of Ralph Fulton with the community's own questions
- Japan was not part of the "short list" of likely locations for FH4 (I knew it lol)
- the Storefront is back
- you can share custom races through the Storefront
- you can drag race against both other players in multiplayer, and Drivatars in single player in the various available drag strips
- Legendary painters and tuners are allowed to sell their stuff at a higher price because the devs intend to reward these dedicated users, the story goes that the devs will look into how to make the economy less unbalanced while this feature remains
- the answer to: "Can you customize exhausts and adjust wheel offset and/or track width?" is: "No"
- some locations will have narrow, twisty roads with lots of elevation changes, these features of the road and terrain depend on what the map designers are doing with the location you're in
- you select from various characters (avatars) to play as
- you can mix and match clothes and accessories to customize the character
- you choose emotes to use at the start of the race or when you win

Edited by user Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:04:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:31:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
"Playground has also introduced purchasable properties to the game, from quaint country cottages to Edinburgh Castle itself, as well as the ability to buy businesses. The example given was a taxi firm, which will reward us for darting all over the map in a tricked-out Austin FX4.“

“There’s even avatar customisation this time around...Forza Horizon 4 will ship with around 500 apparel choices designed to work across both genders. They’ll also be able to express 50 emotes that will be seen at key moments, like after races.”

Source: http://m.au.ign.com/arti...5b1d8ea9623c2f1a360000e5

My worst fears have been confirmed. Well, Forza, it's been fun but now I'm done. Playground & Microsoft can take their "purchasable properties", accessories & emotes and shove it.

If you’re done with the franchise then why even comment on this thread? Be done and just not log back in and never come back to the website.

It’s comical that being able to purchase houses is you’re reason for leaving.
#94 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 12:17:36 AM(UTC)
AR12 began posting his Q&A video with the executive producer for the Horizon franchise

in part 2
- leagues are team-based, you assemble your team and compete, a the end of a season you and your teammates earn rewards based on your team's placement in the rankings
- clubs are also back in FH4 with new not-yet-announced features
- there is a very long straight road someplace where you can test the top speed of your car

Edited by user Friday, June 15, 2018 12:18:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 4:19:49 AM(UTC)
“I don't think they mean "purchasable" to mean real money - it sounds like in-game progress to me, like expanding festivals in FH3."

Yeah, right. Like I posted earlier, I was afraid FH4 was going to go in the direction of FM7. Take into consideration that Playground is no longer independent (Microsoft now owns the studio) and add in the fact that there will be all these stupid avatar accessories, emotes and properties. It's going to be a glorified open-world FM7.

Microsoft is ruining Forza, and that's how I truly feel about it.

You have already decided to slate the game before you have any facts whatsoever. We have no information about how emotes, houses and avatars are going to work and yet you have already decided that Microsoft have ruined FH4.

Edited by user Friday, June 15, 2018 4:38:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 9:02:23 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it, but AR12 has a similar video with ONLINE, MAP, AUTO GHOSTING & MORE!! written in its title.

- Drone Mode is back
- the map features many off-road paths, and hill climbing opportunities up and down
- rain can form puddles that can sometimes be as wide as the whole road
- there is only one Horizon Festival site in the whole map instead of 4
- the 10 houses act as mini-Festival sites where you can customize and tune cars, etc.
- the front driveway of your houses works as a Forzavista site
- traffic cars have roof racks carrying bicycles, surf boards, ladders, etc. adding variety
- Danger Signs and Drift Zones are back, both for solo gameplay and the new live collective #Forzathon events
- you can use the Rewind feature during an ONLINE race, it doesn't affect the other drivers or their lap times, it just helps you reset your own car
- there is an ONLINE Photo Mode which pauses the game only for you, so other people's cars appear motionless but only on your screen - in other words, even though your friend is free to go wherever, whenever, you can make as many photos you want of his or her car being in the position it was when you entered Photo Mode
- you can pause the game ONLINE, which tuns your car into a ghost that won't interfere with the other drivers, and when you unpause you go back straight up to speed
- there is a long, Goliath-like race in FH4, taking you on the fastest roads around the entire map
- the aforementioned drag strip in the Horizon Festival seems to be shorter than the full mile airport drag strip in FH3, something like 1/4 mile
- there is a stunt area in the Horizon Festival with a donut area, off-road (trial?) jumps, etc.
- the Horizon Festival appears to be set in the ruins of a castle
- Leagues are coming to FH4

- Forza Edition cars are back, they're called Forza Edition like FM7, no longer Horizon Edition
- Forza Edition cars can be rewards for what the player does
- #Forzathon gives players things to do hourly, daily, and weekly
- instead of doing a few things in the weekend to get your rewards, you have a constant stream, and multiple ways to get your #Forzathon Points to spend them in the related shop
- Wheelspins are back
- VIP features Super Wheelspins on a weekly basis, but it's not the only way to get them
- apparently there are multiple spots to do drag racing in
- there is no "official" race track on the map, you race on and off the road
- user-created races (blueprints) can be shared
- there's an activity panel that will let you join quickly other people's (created) events, even if they aren't your friends (yet)

- leagues are team-based, you assemble your team and compete, a the end of a season you and your teammates earn rewards based on your team's placement in the rankings
- clubs are also back in FH4 with new not-yet-announced features
- there is a very long straight road someplace where you can test the top speed of your car

This mostly sounds good, though I grumble at having to "assemble a team" to race in leagues. You can call me anti-social if you want, but the reality is I just don't have the time for "social" stuff in video games. I leave that to RL and social media.

Edited by user Friday, June 15, 2018 9:03:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 2:01:23 PM(UTC)
AR12 began posting his Q&A video with the executive producer for the Horizon franchise

in part 3
- mud physics, or mud that can be deformed by the cars
- the unlocking of perks by means of skill points is back
- purchasing houses can also unlock additional perks
- London isn't in FH4, the historic centre of Edinburgh is
#98 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:51:24 PM(UTC)
TCR9700 has some more information to share on the map he saw in that behind-closed-doors demo from E3. Note that the gameplay he shows in the video is from FORZA HORIZON THREE (3).
- Edinburgh
- the Cotswolds
- the Lake District
- the Scottish Highlands
- the Welsh countryside
- Bamburgh Castle
- heavy focus on Scotland on Wales
- he thinks the map looks, as in appears, bigger even though it's supposed to be as big as FH3's, and that it has less desert areas so it looks like it has a higher density of interesting stuff to see and do
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 2:29:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wiwo Theirin Go to Quoted Post
The game looks great, but I have a problem with it being located in Britain. Traffic drives on the left, the same as in FH3.

I know that most of the people doesn't care about that, but I hated that in FH3 (and had A LOT of accidents because of that, because I'm used to drive on the right in real life). An option in settings for choosing the traffic direction would be amazing, but the game being an online openworld... I find it hard to happen.

Haha. As a Brit I have spent my entire gaming life driving on the wrong side of the road due to so many games being set in America. I have been finding it very refreshing to be able to drive on the correct side of the road for a change and the fact that this will continue in Horizon 4 is music to my ears. The very funny thing to me is that if the game had been set in Japan as has been repeatedly requested we'd still be driving on the left!
#100 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 10:25:34 AM(UTC)
Homologation confirmed to be NOT in Forza Horizon titles
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error