5 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:31:14 PM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4
Revealed at E3 on June 10, 2018

Announcements:
Official Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQNo8xtcAg
E3 Stage presentation: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4XbDE-tJk
Announcement: FM.net | Xbox Wire | Twitter
Official Page: www.xbox.com/games/forza-horizon-4 features with Pre-order links
Release Date: October 2, 2018 (included in Xbox Game Pass)
Editions & DLC: "Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will also be available for pre-order, which offer the base game, Formula Drift Car Pack and Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership."^

Summary
In previous Horizons you were a newcomer, champion, and manager of the summer Festival. In FH4 you're a resident of the year-round festival set in Britain (including Wales and Scotland). Part of the #HorizonLife experience is owning properties (which are used as Fast Travel and Forzavista/Upgrade points) and taking on Jobs (such as a stunt driver for a tv show). You'll be able to earn Influence toward becoming a #HorizonSuperstar through racing (including Drag and Drift) but also through photography, Mixer streaming, painting, and other activities. Being there year round means you'll experience the four Seasons and weather changes which affect driving; frozen winter lakes and summer dry river beds offer new driving locations, and muddy and icy terrain affect grip. Seasons cycle weekly for all FH4 players, though you can set your own time of day, season, and weather in Blueprint events, with the new Route Creator feature for P2P and circuit races. Though you have the option to play through the game in offline mode with Drivatar opponents, most will play through the game online on servers of 72 live players. These players will be ghosted to prevent griefing collisions until you Co-op and Convoy with up to 6 players with the assistance of Quick Chat. Team Adventure provides 6 v. 6 ranked League competitions in playground game modes for Tag and Flag Rush. Team up on hourly Forzathon Live events for increased rewards. Showcase events put you up against special vehicle opponents such as motorcycles, hovercraft, and aircraft. Danger Sign jumps, Drift zones, Barn Finds, and Auction House return.

Features:
Cover Car(s): "the McLaren Senna and the 1997 Land Rover Defender 90"^
Car Count: over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers^
Co-op up to 6 player, online multiplayer up to 12 player, 72-player servers
Dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together.^
New Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world^
Driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes^
In the new open-ended campaign, everything you do progresses your game.^
Players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.^

Tech:
Platforms: Xbox One and Windows 10
Resolution: 60fps mode mentioned in the stage presentation
Xbox Play Anywhere: Play Anywhere on Xbox One or Windows 10 PC; PC hardware requirements may vary for games on Windows 10.^
4K: 4K Ultra HD not available on Xbox One or Xbox One S consoles.^
HDR: HDR functionality available with supported games and TVs.^

Additional sources:
Video: IGN interviews Ralph Fulton confirming Auction House, jobs, properties
Article: IGN behind the scenes with Playground Games
Video: Blackpanthaa gameplay with Assists menu
Video: TC9700Gaming gameplay Q&A with Brian Ekberg
Video: Shacknews Q&A with Ralph Fulton

Car List discussion thread

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 7:20:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:32:35 PM(UTC)
E3 2018: Experience Stunning Seasons and Open-World Adventure in Forza Horizon 4
by Ralph Fulton, Playground Games Creative Director
Posted on June 10, 2018 at 1:49 pm
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/10/e3-2018-experience-stunning-seasons-and-open-world-adventure-in-forza-horizon-4

Quote:
Today, during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing, we showed how seasons change everything in the worldwide debut of Forza Horizon 4, the latest entry in the award-winning Forza Horizon series. This highly anticipated follow-up to 2016’s breakout hit Forza Horizon 3 brings players dynamic seasons in a shared open-world that change every week. Experience beautiful, historic Britain in spectacular native 4K and HDR, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar. Forza Horizon 4 will launch worldwide on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Game Pass on October 2, 2018 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.

The Forza franchise has a strong history of featuring industry-leading cars and Forza Horizon 4’s British automotive cover cars are no exception – the McLaren Senna and the 1997 Land Rover Defender 90. In celebration of our long-term partnership with McLaren, the McLaren Senna will make its North American debut in our Mixer booth, located in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center during a Mixer live stream on Tuesday, June 12 at 11 a.m. PDT and displayed for E3 attendees throughout the week. E3 attendees can also take the Senna for a test drive in Forza Horizon 4 at the Microsoft Theater.
Featuring a shared-world experience with dynamic seasons in stunning native 4K and HDR, Forza Horizon 4 reimagines open-world driving with new features, historic locations in Britain, and more choice and customization than ever before.

Seasons Change Everything – Forza Horizon 4 features dynamic seasons that change gameplay, unlocking new events and routes, impacting driving conditions, and transforming open-world exploration – all in native 4K and HDR. Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together.
Open-World Freedom – Forza Horizon 4 allows players to choose their path to becoming a Horizon Superstar. We’re proud to introduce two of our most fan-requested features – a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world and the option to play at 60 frames per second for players on Xbox One X.
Collect Over 450 Cars and Customize Your Horizon Life – With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.
Go it Alone or Team Up – Players can choose to play alone, cooperatively or join multiplayer for casual fun or ranked teams. In addition, integrated Mixer broadcasting and spectating features add to an already fun and rewarding experience.
Available for pre-order starting on Monday, June 11 at your local Microsoft Store and on Microsoft.com, Forza Horizon 4 arrives worldwide on October 2, exclusively on Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs and Xbox Game Pass. Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will also be available for pre-order, which offer the base game, Formula Drift Car Pack and Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership.

Meet the Forza Horizon 4 Cover Cars

Appearing on the cover of Forza Horizon 4 is the McLaren Senna – named for legendary Formula 1 driver, Ayrton Senna – which will make its North American debut via Mixer on June 12 at E3. Designed to personify the McLaren vision at its most extreme, the Senna delivers an intense driving experience dedicated to creating the most personal connection possible between car and driver. We are thrilled to continue our partnership with McLaren and look forward to sharing more about how we’re working with McLaren to merge the automotive and gaming industries.

Also joining the McLaren Senna on the cover of Forza Horizon 4 is the 1997 Land Rover Defender 90, a four-wheel driving experience specifically designed for exciting off-road adventures. We have been honored to work with Land Rover on previous Horizon titles and adding a British icon like the Land Rover Defender 90 was a natural choice to help showcase the beautiful, historic background of Britain and the variety of gameplay available for players.

For more information on the Forza Horizon 4 cover cars, please visit the McLaren Automotive and Land Rover web pages.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:18:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:32:45 PM(UTC)
FORZA HORIZON 4: EVERY SEASON IS RACING SEASON - IGN FIRST
10 JUN 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-season-is-racing-season-ign-first

Quote:
Introducing new events and activities as the seasons change is just one of a suite of changes to the way Forza Horizon 4 will be structured, compared to previous Horizon games. It’s something Playground is broadly calling Horizon Life – a conceit that revolves around spending 365 days a year as part of the Horizon Festival (not just a summer) and enjoying it among fellow Horizon fans from around the world.

Quote:
The biggest change is the way Forza Horizon 4 is being built as a shared world game, where the AI-powered Drivatars of Forza Horizon 2 and 3 are being replaced by real players within a 72-player server.

“The reason we’re doing that is because we believe that real players, real drivers, actually will exhibit more interesting, more unpredictable, fun behaviours than we could ever program into even an AI system as sophisticated as Drivatar,” says Fulton. “They will just do fun, emergent, surprising things. And also because they’re real, they’re actually people you could have a relationship with; you could become friends with.”

Quote:
The hourly content is something Playground Games is calling Forzathon Live, which will be open to any players currently roaming the map who wish to take part (Forzathon Live supports 12 players).

“What happens is you get 15 minutes and a group target of something like a Danger Sign, or an area where you have to do skills in, and it’s this cool piece of chaotic gameplay where… everyone’s taking part,” says Thaker-Fell. “If you manage to beat stage one in the time limit you then go through to stage two, and then eventually to stage three.”

“Then, at the end of it, everyone gets the same reward, which you can spend in this new area called the Forzathon Shop.”

There are no individual scoreboards; just a group target. The idea is that it’s geared around teamwork rather than competition.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:44:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:34:07 PM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:44:19 PM(UTC)
So thrilled - looks INCREDIBLE. And to see my home town, with the Scott Monument rolling by? Priceless!
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:45:41 PM(UTC)
Welcome to beautiful, historic Britain Horizon! @WeArePlayground are proud to present #ForzaHorizon4 – dynamic seasons, spectacular native 4K and HDR, over 450 cars and the opportunity to become a #HorizonSuperstar!

Source: https://mobile.twitter.c...atus/1005912274966601728

More info and photos

https://www.xbox.com/en-..._xbo_tw_Video_buy_6.10.8

http://m.au.ign.com/arti...5b1d8ea9623c2f1a360000e5

http://www.ign.com/artic...5b1d8db69fa21d23360000d5

http://www.ign.com/video...ay-demo-reveal-ign-first

https://news.xbox.com/en...joins-microsoft-studios/

https://youtu.be/5xy4n73WOMM

https://youtu.be/VA4XbDE-tJk

“Forza Horizon 4’s heavily-stylised version of Britain stretches from the centuries-old streets of Edinburgh to the quintessentially English villages of the Cotswolds, covering a variety of other distinct, postcard-perfect locations in the process, like the North of Scotland and North West England’s famous Lake District. It’s broad and absolutely gorgeous. For a man from the other side of the planet, Playground’s Britain looks to me like a decade of Top Gear episodes brought to life. “

“It's important to note, however, that while the shared world experience is Playground’s vision for how best to enjoy Forza Horizon 4, it’s not an online-only game.”

“ Forzathon Live will be open to any players currently roaming the map who wish to take part (Forzathon Live supports 12 players). What happens is you get 15 minutes and a group target of something like a Danger Sign, or an area where you have to do skills in, and it’s this cool piece of chaotic gameplay where… everyone’s taking part,” says Thaker-Fell. “If you manage to beat stage one in the time limit you then go through to stage two, and then eventually to stage three. Then, at the end of it, everyone gets the same reward, which you can spend in this new area called the Forzathon Shop.”

Horizon Stories: you’ll now meet people from around the UK; [they’re] colourful characters which will give you loads of really cool driving opportunities. Brown explains we’ll be able to pick up gigs like being a stunt driver in a movie, or assisting in a car documentary shoot.

“Playground has also introduced purchasable properties to the game, from quaint country cottages to Edinburgh Castle itself, as well as the ability to buy businesses. The example given was a taxi firm, which will reward us for darting all over the map in a tricked-out Austin FX4. “

“ There’s even avatar customisation this time around – the cast of characters is the same crew introduced in Forza Horizon 3, but Forza Horizon 4 will ship with around 500 apparel choices designed to work across both genders. They’ll also be able to express 50 emotes that will be seen at key moments, like after races.”

Source: http://m.au.ign.com/arti...5b1d8ea9623c2f1a360000e5

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:54:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:47:44 PM(UTC)
Now that Microsoft has bought Playground Games, it would not surprise me at all if FH4 has microtransactions and loot boxes. If there is no single-player mode, then not only will I not buy this, but I will be done with Forza in general.
“There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” - George Carlin
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:48:10 PM(UTC)
Looks awesome! Britain is a fine place to be setting it, not enough games are set here!

Seasons will be interesting. As will the having other players driving about at all times, albeit in a different way. Hopefully there's still the option to play solo.

The only part that worries me is the Forzathon Live events. Hopefully they don't go wild with the locked cars a la FM7.
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:49:18 PM(UTC)
I freaking love it
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:49:38 PM(UTC)
"Hopefully they don't go wild with the locked cars a la FM7."

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...
“There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” - George Carlin
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:50:01 PM(UTC)
Should be interesting, especially with seasons

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:55:44 PM(UTC)
2 expansions included with Ultimate Edition!!! PreOrder Get!

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:58:40 PM(UTC)
Just to clarify what I posted earlier, my concern with FH4 is that it will be an open-world version of FM7. Certain cars will be locked, loot boxes will become part of the norm, auctions will be rigged and single player mode will be de-emphasized in favor of online play. With Playground now officially part of the Microsoft Studios family, I am worried about the future of Forza, especially after experiencing FH7. I do not feel like spending $60 on another Forza that will leave me disappointed and ripped off. I will wait for more details about FH4 before I make my final judgment.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:00:05 PM(UTC)
Horizon 3 was my game of the year so I am crazy excited this is finally announced. Pretty shocked it's not Japan but Britain is a great choice and looks amazing. Please include a truck ton of things to do!
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:06:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
Horizon 3 was my game of the year

To me, FH3 was and still is the best Forza game I've ever played.
 5 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:10:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Surgemaster Go to Quoted Post
Now that Microsoft has bought Playground Games, it would not surprise me at all if FH4 has microtransactions and loot boxes. If there is no single-player mode, then not only will I not buy this, but I will be done with Forza in general.

There aren't going to put real money loot boxes in Forza. Just stop. They never have, why would they start now? Even if they did which they won't, don't buy them. No one is forcing you.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:12:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:10:51 PM(UTC)
Looking forward to seeing two types of rendered static shops in the new Forza Horizon. And those shops are cheese and fish & chips.

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:11:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post

Source?
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:12:07 PM(UTC)
Can't disagree with that being the best Horizon for sure. Second to me overall behind Forza 4. I was soured a bit on Horizon 2 because of the 360 version I played for too long before getting a one finally haha. I actually did everything there was to do in horizon 3, never did that before heh. It was a blast. if it weren't for the car limit i'd still be playing it.
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:17:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Source?

The youtube trailer at the end
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:18:05 PM(UTC)
Check the xbox wire link ManteoMax posted, may help resolve some questions people are already having
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Announcement: Xbox Wire

"Players can choose to play alone, cooperatively or join multiplayer for casual fun or ranked teams."

"Available for pre-order starting on Monday, June 11"

"Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will also be available for pre-order, which offer the base game, Formula Drift Car Pack and Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership."

"a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world"

And the news that I'm SUPER excited about..

"new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks."

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:19:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:21:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DSR 1 2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Source?

The youtube trailer at the end

Ta. Hopefully this also means that the Car Pass will include all Car Packs then.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:21:34 PM(UTC)
Yup he is right. You should not just say stuff like that and not post the source.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:23:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:21:37 PM(UTC)
So there's a drift car pack AND a day one pack?
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:22:14 PM(UTC)
Happy days!
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error