This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
8 Pages<<5678PrevNext
#151 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:52:08 PM(UTC)
Hi Folks

Just want to double confirmed that is this data output feature available on xbox console?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:25:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#152 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:00:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fourteenary Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks

Just want to double confirmed that is this data output feature available on xbox console?

Yes, it's available on Xbox
 1 user liked this post.
#153 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:31:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dzidza1978 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fourteenary Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks

Yes, it's available on Xbox

Thanks Dzidza1978.
 2 users liked this post.
#154 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 10:56:37 PM(UTC)
Hi all - I've created an open source Swift library to read the data from Forza for use on iPhone / iPad / Apple TV.

I've also included a sample iPhone app that has 3 parts:

1) Sample HUD
2) Data relay (read the data from Xbox and push it to another IP address)
3) Data generator (create fake data and push it to another IP address to help with testing)

It's still a little rough and needs some work (and some parts may not yet work), but if anybody wants to submit a pull request, feel free!

CocoaPod:
https://cocoapods.org/pods/ForzaData

GitHub:
https://github.com/HendX/ForzaData

#155 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:53:44 AM(UTC)
Is anyone aware of a stand-alone motion simulator for the Xbox One X that makes use of this data-out? I've spoken with Igor at DOF Reality and their systems can work off the data out from the Xbox if you put a PC in between, but that kind of defeats the purpose (why not just run Forza 7 on a PC at that point?) Given how fast the cost of this technology is dropping (6-axis cockpit for under $4k), it would seem like someone could just build a dedicated piece using a Raspberry Pi. I get that it's a small market...but the same segment of customers that would drop $1,300 for a Fanatec Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel and Pedals Bundle for Xbox One would be willing to drop a few grand for a full-motion cockpit. I know I would. Yes, I get that the PC is better than any console and maybe someday I'll make the leap to a PC and 3 monitors or a VR headset, but meantime, I like the simplicity of a console. Anybody else in this thread agree?
"Racing is the only time I feel whole" ~ James Dean
#156 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2018 2:42:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VintageManx8460 Go to Quoted Post
I have set three parameters as required:
1.Data Out -ON
2.Data Out IP Address -127.0.0.1
3.Data Out IP Port -10001
But my own application doesn't receive any data,I use my application for live for speed, can receive udp data normally.

Why is that?

I have the same problem, both with my own app and with Sim Racing Studio - it looks like there is just nothing there to capture. Has anyone been successful with capturing the data on port 10001, or with getting Sim Racing Studio to capture the data? If so, what did you do?

I've finaly got my shakers to work with SRS/FM7.
First don't forget to install the "EnableLoopback" utillity like it says on the SRS website, download link is in the text of the FM7 info.
To have this app work on my Win 10 I've had to set the properties for the app to: Compatibility Win 8 and run as Administrator for all users. On the Security tab I've set Users to full control.

Last thing in FM7 data output type should be "dash".

#157 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 1:45:58 PM(UTC)
Hey this is great, I'm working on building a website that uses this data to help players tune their cars more effectively. Will future turn10 games incorporate the data out feature? If so, will it be the same structure as the one laid out above?
#158 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:03:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: S **** yQPZ Go to Quoted Post
Hi all - I've created an open source Swift library to read the data from Forza for use on iPhone / iPad / Apple TV.

1) Sample HUD
3) Data generator (create fake data and push it to another IP address to help with testing)

It's still a little rough and needs some work (and some parts may not yet work), but if anybody wants to submit a pull request, feel free!

CocoaPod:

GitHub:

Thanks for sharing S **** yQPZ....much appreciated!

Just for some fun, I tried this out and initially struggled getting it running, yet, after a couple of times, was able to get data showing on my MAC thru the iPhone simulator. Here is the pic.....

Again, thank you! Will keep testing and also see how I can change some things around.

*NOTE - some data had negative numbers (HP/T). I'd also like to have ability to change units...(ex. MPH). How can I get edit? Thx!

PRKid

Edited by user Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:08:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#159 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:22:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theWauz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: theWauz Go to Quoted Post
Dear racers,

i've tinkered around with the data out stream and created a JavaFX-based dashboard. It's of course far from finished, but feel free to improve upon it.
Picture here

[...]

Where it is
https://github.com/Weitwalter/ForzaDashboard

enjoy.

br, Daniel

Edit:
[...] i've created a small data-out relay (meaning that it receives the data-out stream and forwards it to another PC).
A picture of the resulting working dashboard on the FM 7 rig: here - not beautiful but working...

• You need to set the machine running the relay in FM 7
  • You configure the .properties of the relay to target the PC where you want to use the dash (which in my case is the one running FM7
  • by the way: you can use the relay for your other dashboards as well as this simply forwards the UDP stream.

https://github.com/Weitwalter/ForzaRelay

[...]

Today, I released a new version, now including all September-patch data out fields as well as some minor fixes.

This should run on anything capable of running java (I'm using JRE 1.8.0). You only need to get the .jar file as well as the .properties files from:
here

Based on the new values from the September patch, I intend to implement enhanced lap information. Think statistics on fuel consumption, prediction for necessary fuel stops, laptime analyis and so on. However, I expect FH4 to prevent me from actually implementing it for a time ;)

Regards, Daniel

GREAT job with this...and, EASY to use. Thanks for sharing. I am not a "coder" (more of a "wanna-be"....lol....), yet, will tinker a little bit with it.

PRKid

p..s It would be great if under the "Information & Settings" tab, one could select Units (English/Metric)!!

Edited by user Sunday, January 6, 2019 5:02:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#160 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:06:19 PM(UTC)
I finished my new sim rig a couple months ago and I just installed the new Fanatec V2 rim which freed up some space to install my 7" tablet above the wheel base which works perfectly. I am using Simdash which syncs up very nicely with Forza with the exception of the tach/shift light. I assumed that each car would send the data out to the app based on max RPM and would adjust as needed. That is not what is happening.

I have car A with say a 15,000 redline and I setup the app to flash at say 95% of max RPM. Works perfectly. The F1 style light I am using light up through Green, Red, and Blue; and the shift light goes off accordingly.

Now I swap into car B with a 7,000 RPM redline. At this point the car is bouncing off the rev limiter long before the F1 light is even close to hitting the rev limit and I am nowhere near setting the shift light off. You can go into the app and adjust the shift threshold to offset this, but that is a huge pain doing before each race and even tougher yet; you'd have to document the threshold on a hundred different cars as they are all different. This is really a bummer as the RPM/Shift light is a huge thing for me. I can shift fine using the sound of the motor in single player; but when I'm online with friends, it's hard to hear sometimes over the chatter. :)

Am I missing something in the setup to allow Simdash to adjust to each car accordingly, or in Forza; or is this a programming downfall on F7's part that needs to be addressed.
#161 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:54:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alter Ego Trip Go to Quoted Post
...or is this a programming downfall on F7's part that needs to be addressed.

That would be my guess.
I was asking similar questions about EngineMaxRpm value 7 months ago, but haven't gotten any answers that would help.

I have my own custom software running rev lights and had to make it so that it detects the first time you hit rev limiter and calculates lights based on that.
Not the optimal way since you always have to hit limiter once in the beginning of every race, but what can you do :/
#162 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:43:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MigiBacon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alter Ego Trip Go to Quoted Post
...or is this a programming downfall on F7's part that needs to be addressed.

That would be my guess.
I was asking similar questions about EngineMaxRpm value 7 months ago, but haven't gotten any answers that would help.

I have my own custom software running rev lights and had to make it so that it detects the first time you hit rev limiter and calculates lights based on that.
Not the optimal way since you always have to hit limiter once in the beginning of every race, but what can you do :/

Maybe you are already doing it, but you could use the CarOrdinal, CarClass, CarPerformanceIndex, DrivetrainType and NumCylinders to create a cache of the RPM max value, and use that value as a starting point next time the combination comes up. Since engine swaps can change the maximum rpm, you should still check and update this cache, but at least it would prevent odd behaviour if you never rev to the max.
#163 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:31:34 PM(UTC)
I am wondering if anyone figureout the data out struct of the forza horizon 4,

the first part v1 matches the motorsport, but the second part does not.

Any idea is welcome.
#164 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 12:39:00 PM(UTC)
Have a look at my post in the Horizon thread.
 3 users liked this post.
#165 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 1:31:49 PM(UTC)
I've created a list of all cars and their respective car ordinals. I'm from Austria, so the car manufacturer and model names are as displayed in the German version. I think most cars have equal names, but I've found a few cars with different names (like the 2017 Aston Martin #7 GT3).
I've also checked a few car ordinals in Horizon 4 and all of them are the same as in FM7, even if a car has different names in both games (#1562 for the 2013 SRT Viper GTS (FM7) and the 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS (FH4)).

You can view/download the list here. The list will open with Excel Online by default and if you download it right there you will get an Excel file. To get the original CSV file, go to my OneDrive > Public folder and download it there.

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 9:40:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added link

#166 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 3:31:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: S **** yQPZ Go to Quoted Post

1) Sample HUD

CocoaPod:

GitHub:

WOW, nice tool. I will have a try.
#167 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:20:32 AM(UTC)
Is the packet format the same for Forza Horizon?

Everything looks good for FM7, but with Horizon, I can get it to mostly work but some data is missing/not displayed correctly. For example gear/clutch/handbrake positions give zero readings and the speed value is off.
 2 users liked this post.
#168 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 7:55:25 AM(UTC)
If anyone's interested in the NodeJS examples I can get them up on GitHub at some point.

I made a video of a livestream I did on Twitch with all the UDP data being sent to a multiple browser sources, enabling me to output real-time driving data whilst on-stream, giving viewers a different and unique perspective.

Watch: Forza UDP Data-Out Livestream w/ OBS (Node.js)
#169 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:56:22 AM(UTC)
I made something similar over the weekend, one of the features is being able to convert Forza data into a JSON HTTP server - might be helpful for anyone trying to create their own dashboard.

https://github.com/richstokes/Forza-data-tools
#170 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:10:24 PM(UTC)
Hey
I think you guys may know how to help me. :)
I bought an ESP8266 on NodeMcu Board and an WS2812 4x4 Led Matrix. I want to build a simple rev-light for start. I know how to set up the LEDs but I don't know how to use the UDP stream to set LED colors. Is there a simple way to read the UDP data using Ardruino IDE, or does anyone know a sketch already existing to do that? I guess my biggest proplem is to understand how i can split the data stream into the necessary parts für getting rpm. Any ideas to do it as simple as possible, because it would be a cheap option for many "hobby drivers"??
Thanks Aekm89
#171 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:41:03 AM(UTC)
There's probably a library to get UDP data. You then need to split the data up into groups of bytes based on the format on page one.

The data is of different types (32-bit signed integers, 32-bit floats, 8 bit integers, etc), so you need to take that into account and convert the data as needed for your application. Check out some of the code on GitHub for working examples.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:54:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarity

#172 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:03:59 AM(UTC)
I'm developing an app that allows totally blind drivers to get auditory information about speed, race position, ETC. I'm curious how the x, y, and z values are calculated. is this the racer's current position on the track?
I've been trying to figure out how to best give information to the player such as where they are on the track. IE near edges and such. Does anyone have any ideas if these values will be enough to give me positioning data?
#173 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:59:32 AM(UTC)
They are absolute positions within the world, not relative to the track. There is a metric for the racing line I think - you might be able to do a calculation based on how far the player is from that line? I'm not 100% sure if it works like that though.
 1 user liked this post.
#174 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 7:17:35 AM(UTC)
One of the features most racers want to see, is delta time between drivers, since at the end, this is all racing is about, time.

With the actual data there is no way to calculate it.

Are there any plans to update the timing data?

A very good idea is to send not just the current user data, but all users data, this way, some calculations , e.g. delta time, etc, could be calculated.

This would also be a very nice thing for commentators of leagues.

Is there some plan to update the sent data?
#175 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 2:49:52 PM(UTC)
When will local data streaming be available or is there another way doing this locally? Second network card maybe or virtualization? (PC)

Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
With the launch of the June CU for Forza Motorsport 7, we're including a new Data Out feature, which outputs a UDP data stream which players can now take advantage of. This is the same technology that powers the motion sleds that Turn 10 uses, but the possibilities are endless. For those interested, here's a look at the parameters:

Description
Telemetry output sends data packets for outside use by third parties. Designed for motion sleds, dashboards, data logging, etc. You can use it for whatever your imagination desires. This one-way UDP traffic is sent to a remote machine at 60fps. Localhost data streaming is not supported.

The initial data structure is designed specifically for motion sleds. We are working with several peripheral manufacturers and will be adding many more data points in the future.

Input Parameters
The following parameters are now located in the HUD options menu.

• Data Out: Toggles the data output function on and off.
• Data Out IP Address: The target IP address of the remote machine receiving data.
• Data Out IP Port: The target IP port of the remote machine receiving data.

Output Structure
Data is output in the following structure.

s32 IsRaceOn; // = 1 when race is on. = 0 when in menus/race stopped …

u32 TimestampMS; //Can overflow to 0 eventually

f32 EngineMaxRpm;
f32 EngineIdleRpm;
f32 CurrentEngineRpm;

f32 AccelerationX; //In the car's local space; X = right, Y = up, Z = forward
f32 AccelerationY;
f32 AccelerationZ;

f32 VelocityX; //In the car's local space; X = right, Y = up, Z = forward
f32 VelocityY;
f32 VelocityZ;

f32 AngularVelocityX; //In the car's local space; X = pitch, Y = yaw, Z = roll
f32 AngularVelocityY;
f32 AngularVelocityZ;

f32 Yaw;
f32 Pitch;
f32 Roll;

f32 NormalizedSuspensionTravelFrontLeft; // Suspension travel normalized: 0.0f = max stretch; 1.0 = max compression
f32 NormalizedSuspensionTravelFrontRight;
f32 NormalizedSuspensionTravelRearLeft;
f32 NormalizedSuspensionTravelRearRight;

f32 TireSlipRatioFrontLeft; // Tire normalized slip ratio, = 0 means 100% grip and |ratio| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
f32 TireSlipRatioFrontRight;
f32 TireSlipRatioRearLeft;
f32 TireSlipRatioRearRight;

f32 WheelRotationSpeedFrontLeft; // Wheel rotation speed radians/sec.
f32 WheelRotationSpeedFrontRight;
f32 WheelRotationSpeedRearLeft;
f32 WheelRotationSpeedRearRight;

s32 WheelOnRumbleStripFrontLeft; // = 1 when wheel is on rumble strip, = 0 when off.
s32 WheelOnRumbleStripFrontRight;
s32 WheelOnRumbleStripRearLeft;
s32 WheelOnRumbleStripRearRight;

f32 WheelInPuddleDepthFrontLeft; // = from 0 to 1, where 1 is the deepest puddle
f32 WheelInPuddleDepthFrontRight;
f32 WheelInPuddleDepthRearLeft;
f32 WheelInPuddleDepthRearRight;

f32 SurfaceRumbleFrontLeft; // Non-dimensional surface rumble values passed to controller force feedback
f32 SurfaceRumbleFrontRight;
f32 SurfaceRumbleRearLeft;
f32 SurfaceRumbleRearRight;

f32 TireSlipAngleFrontLeft; // Tire normalized slip angle, = 0 means 100% grip and |angle| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
f32 TireSlipAngleFrontRight;
f32 TireSlipAngleRearLeft;
f32 TireSlipAngleRearRight;

f32 TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft; // Tire normalized combined slip, = 0 means 100% grip and |slip| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
f32 TireCombinedSlipFrontRight;
f32 TireCombinedSlipRearLeft;
f32 TireCombinedSlipRearRight;

f32 SuspensionTravelMetersFrontLeft; // Actual suspension travel in meters
f32 SuspensionTravelMetersFrontRight;
f32 SuspensionTravelMetersRearLeft;
f32 SuspensionTravelMetersRearRight;

s32 CarOrdinal; //Unique ID of the car make/model
s32 CarClass; //Between 0 (D -- worst cars) and 7 (X class -- best cars) inclusive
s32 CarPerformanceIndex; //Between 100 (slowest car) and 999 (fastest car) inclusive
s32 DrivetrainType; //Corresponds to EDrivetrainType; 0 = FWD, 1 = RWD, 2 = AWD
s32 NumCylinders; //Number of cylinders in the engine

[Sept. 10, 2018 UPDATE: NEW DATA OUT STRUCTURE]

V1 is now called Sled
V2 is V1 then these added in this order at the bottom.
//Position (meters)
f32 PositionX;
f32 PositionY;
f32 PositionZ;

f32 Speed; // meters per second
f32 Power; // watts
f32 Torque; // newton meter

f32 TireTempFrontLeft;
f32 TireTempFrontRight;
f32 TireTempRearLeft;
f32 TireTempRearRight;

f32 Boost;