This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:02:22 PM(UTC)
I’ve recently added support for the latest data format to my Race Dash iOS telemetry app, and although the data out has improved considerably, there’s still a fair bit missing. In particular stuff like tyre wear, brake temps, race laps and reverse gear!

Here’s hoping it gets another revision. 🤞

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:16:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Incorrectly stated that race position was missing when I meant race laps

#127 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:01:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I'd absolutely love if someone could create an app that shows live telemetry. That's be incredible.

And if we could get stuff like fastest lap, current lap, last lap, map tracking and delta times I'd she'd tear aha!

Agreed. In fact I would like to see delta t anywhere. But since even the game itself doesn't show this fundamental information it's not going to happen. Sadly.
#128 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:50:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FirstPlatoLV Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gryphon962 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone please explain the difference between these 3 parameters? The explanation copied from the OP isn't all that clear:

# f32 TireSlipRatioFrontLeft; // Tire normalized slip ratio, = 0 means 100% grip and |ratio| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
# f32 TireSlipAngleFrontLeft; // Tire normalized slip angle, = 0 means 100% grip and |angle| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
# f32 TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft; // Tire normalized combined slip, = 0 means 100% grip and |slip| > 1.0 means loss of grip.

TireSlipRatioFrontLeft << this is longitudinal slip or just spin.
TireSlipAngleFrontLeft << this is lateral tire slip angle (not the same as wheel angle).
TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft; << this is combination of the two above. Although the way they normalize this, it is hard to make sense of this third value.

TireSlipRatioFrontLeft can be used to calculate Fx, and TireSlipAngleFrontLeft could be used to calculate Fy at pure slip. TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft can be used to calculate the same at combined slip.

Any thoughts on best 'grip metric'..? I'm thinking the standard deviations of the tire_slip_angle data might be adequate for a metric addressing cornering grip. I just looked at a few sets and I was getting standard deviations of 0.4 - 0.6. Another thought is that we might only care about loss of grip ie slip angle > 1, and in that case the metric might be the percent of datapoints over 1, with lower percents being good and high bad. Thoughts?
#129 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 5:46:04 PM(UTC)
My RS-Dash app with FM7 support is now live on Android and Windows, and will be live on iOS within the next day or so. Check it out if you are interested https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash

If you create a login then it can also upload details about your sessions to our online portal. The online portal stuff is a bit more limited for FM7 due to the existing limitations in the protocol, but will contain more as the protocol gets new fields added.
 1 user liked this post.
#130 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:01:27 PM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that RS Dash with Forza 7 support is live on the Google Store and PC now, followed by iOS shortly. The link is below. If you have used RS Dash before you know that it is an awesome app and it works great with Forza 7.

https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash
#131 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:58:08 AM(UTC)
Lap times would be great (current and best) - but thanks a bunch for adding this as I use my phone for gear selection and it works great.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:28:59 AM(UTC)
I see that distance traveled is one of the data fields, is there a way to get the odometer data for the car at the start of the session so I can build a functioning odometer and not just a trip odometer?
#133 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:51:34 AM(UTC)
Is this feature not in Forza Horizon 4? I can't seem to find it if it is. If it is not why is it not there?
#134 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:36:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BombProofPlane Go to Quoted Post
Is this feature not in Forza Horizon 4? I can't seem to find it if it is. If it is not why is it not there?

Not available in FH4 at this time.
6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error