This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
#101 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:21:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZippyMcFunshine Go to Quoted Post
Were there any changes in the August update? I'm thinking that because they updated track boundaries, that they may be working on outputting coordinates.

I didn't see anything about changes to the data out feature in the release notes. Unfortunately I haven't had time yet to test if the data capture works with the new version (meaning that there appears to be no changes), but someone else might be able to confirm that.
 2 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:56:58 AM(UTC)
Dear racers,

i've tinkered around with the data out stream and created a JavaFX-based dashboard. It's of course far from finished, but feel free to improve upon it.
Picture here

What it's intended for:
I'm usually driving manual (sometimes with clutch) and frequent car changes make it difficult to get those upshifts right. I can either focus on the track or on the rpm-display.
The shift-indicators some cars provide also don't help much due to them working differently for each car (growing, flashing, blinking...aaargh!)
Also, a far-off goal is to include data history and further telemetry so that the dashboard helps empirically optimize driving (and tuning) through data analysis per car.

What it does:
This simple dashboard shows a singular shift-indicator all the time, no matter which car I'm driving in and how many rpm the engine can do.

• the shift indicator is customizable by car to limit the range for low-revving cars and increase it for high-revving cars so as not to miss your perfect shift.
  • the shift indicator is based on measured max. rpm. Not the (data-out) max rpm which is the displayed engine limit. The measured rpm are stored per car and by default, the shift indicator maximum is set to 99% of those max measured rpm - that way you don't hit the limiter.
  • It also shows other information such as current rpm, speed (kph/mph), calculated acceleration and deceleration, and many of the other data-out values.
  • You can name your car (If anyone of you can produce a list of car ordinals (data-out) with corresponding names, I'll gladly import them)
  • If you figure out a way to loopback the data-out stream, you can also use the "always on top" feature, using the dashboard as an overlay, positioning it over your ingame dashboard (in windowed mode)
  • Listening Port configurable in .properties file - standard port is 1337.
  • Maximizing, Resizing, dragging without the windows bar on top cluttering the info-display.
  • (some) car data stored in .properties file - for each car that you've actually driven using the dashboard. so after a while, It could be complete.

What it is not:
The dashboard is just a first draft.
There are sure to be bugs in it (like the ugly drag-resizing).
I intend to include all data-out datapoints in a readable fashion (think telemetry display like the overlay in FM itself) at some point.

Where it is
https://github.com/Weitwalter/ForzaDashboard

enjoy.

br, Daniel

Edit:
Well, being annoyed by remotedesktopping this from my laptop, i've created a small data-out relay (meaning that it receives the data-out stream and forwards it to another PC).
A picture of the resulting working dashboard on the FM 7 rig: here - not beautiful but working...

• You need to set the machine running the relay in FM 7
  • You configure the .properties of the relay to target the PC where you want to use the dash (which in my case is the one running FM7
  • by the way: you can use the relay for your other dashboards as well as this simply forwards the UDP stream.

https://github.com/Weitwalter/ForzaRelay

Edit 08.09.2018:
Updated the Dashboard. Now all DataOut fields are shown (at least as text) as well as some qol improvements. Still very proof-of-concept-y.

Edit 09.09.2018:
Updated the Dashboard: Now rescaling works more or less as intended (should work for any display >1000x500.)

Disclaimer: I'm using a cabled LAN and am not experiencing any noticable delay. I've neither tried the relay on weak hardware, nor over Wifi. However, I don't expect significant performance degradation due to the packets being very small...

Edited by user Sunday, September 9, 2018 9:50:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 10:59:11 AM(UTC)
hi
here a small console project in .net core
https://github.com/stran...eGt.ForzaMotorsport.git
Is a console app, show the data in text mode and store in sqlite
tested on W10 and macOs

Added Xamarin.Forms projects
now run on Android, iOS, UWP

Edited by user Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:38:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added new funcionaliy

#104 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:39:13 AM(UTC)
Major update coming today which adds 30 new data fields that match what we can see on screen in game (I assume that means telemetry)

"Data Out Update
With the September update we’ve released a new update for our Data Out feature, which was first launched in June. As a reminder, Data Out outputs a UDP stream that development-minded Forza players can take advantage of to create companion apps, data logging, dashboards, and more. The June Data Out functionality was designed to support motion sleds; this update nearly 30 new pieces of data, including speed, power, torque – essentially anything the player can see in the Forza 7 HUD.

With this update, the previous data structure in the initial Data Out release is now known as “Sled” in the game menus. The new version (known as V2) features all the same Sled data outputs, as well as the new data outputs. For a look at the new data structure, check out our Data Out post on the Forza Forums."

Hopefully they will tell us what type those fields are so we can rewrite the parsers and unpack them...
#105 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:25:17 AM(UTC)
Check the original message for this thread. It is updated and includes all the new data fields.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:23:51 AM(UTC)
Yay, these new fields are actually useful! One critical missing field that I'm surprised we don't have: "on track" flag. 1=on track 0 = out of bounds.

It would also be nice if a track/ribbon id was provided.
Maybe a bitmask that contained the current assist settings.

It would also be tremendously nice, if the "remote machine" limitation was removed. I'm working around this by running a VM on my PC to receive the data. At least remove the remote machine limitation on PC. I have no idea why this limitation exists, it really makes no sense. I have an 8 core machine, surely Forza doesn't need all of them?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:32:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#107 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:24:27 AM(UTC)
The no localhost is not a game limitation, is a Windows UWP limitation.
#108 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:45:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
The no localhost is not a game limitation, is a Windows UWP limitation.

Exactly, and a quick google search will explain how to remove that limitation for specific apps. The whole procedure takes around 1 minute of your time.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:46:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Wheel Support: https://discord.gg/8vC2zvz
#109 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:36:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Elerius Go to Quoted Post
"on track" flag. 1=on track 0 = out of bounds.

Actually, this should be a bit-field that also contained indicators for dirty laps in the current/last/best lap times.

1 = car is currently out of bounds
2 = current lap is dirty
4 = last lap was dirty
8 = best lap was dirty.

Thanks above for info about UWP app loopback. I didn't know that was a default limitation of UWP apps.
#110 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:43:44 AM(UTC)
Can we get a float field containing the distance progress through the current lap. Range 0.0 - 1.0
#111 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:54:45 PM(UTC)
I don't know if this belongs in the main post or in a new one, but it would be really useful to compile all the programs that can understand Forza's data-out structure and what purpose they serve, like digital dash, data logging, motion sled, etc.

Obviously Weitwalter's dashboard above is one that should work on anything that can run JavaFX, so Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Access that here: https://github.com/Weitwalter/ForzaDashboard

Sim-Dashboard also works with Forza, although I can't find any templates for it yet and there is a $3.49 charge for all the apps features. I believe this one only works on Android and can be found here: https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/

What other tools have you guys found?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:59:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#112 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:24:56 PM(UTC)
I was able to get loopback enabled for forza by using this tool:
https://github.com/tiago...pback-Exemption-Manager

cloned the repo, build in VS. click the forza checkbox. Now I can send data to my local ip.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:32:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:59:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: skylin4 Go to Quoted Post

Sim-Dashboard also works with Forza, although I can't find any templates for it yet and there is a $3.49 charge for all the apps features. I believe this one only works on Android and can be found here: https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/?

If you are looking for SIM Dashboard templates, you can basically use any of the built-in templates and the community designs, which are available directly in the app or here on the website: https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/designs/ (there are also some filter tags on that page to find your desired designs faster)

With the latest September Update Forza 7 supports a bunch of new data fields, so most features of the designs are usable.

The free version is limited to 3 Widgets, but you can also create some basic designs with that limitation (Speedometer and RPM Gauges + Gear for example or any other combination of the available widgets)
#114 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:43:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: skylin4 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if this belongs in the main post or in a new one, but it would be really useful to compile all the programs that can understand Forza's data-out structure and what purpose they serve, like digital dash, data logging, motion sled, etc.

Obviously Weitwalter's dashboard above is one that should work on anything that can run JavaFX, so Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Access that here: https://github.com/Weitwalter/ForzaDashboard

Sim-Dashboard also works with Forza, although I can't find any templates for it yet and there is a $3.49 charge for all the apps features. I believe this one only works on Android and can be found here: https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/

What other tools have you guys found?

I have been using different 3rd apps on Android for dashboards, and SIM Dashboard is the best one. Bought the full version, and never regretted. The dev updates the app almost immediately, and adds new games that support UDP connection. $3.49 is cheap for this app. there are bunch of community templates that can be used, as to app it doesn't matter for which game the dashboard is done.
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:03:01 PM(UTC)
I have been working on implementing an interface for FM7 into my RS Dash app (https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash) based on the latest protocol changes. At present the interface seems to only supply just the basics needed for a dashboard application, it doesn't cover any of the more advanced features such as live timing systems etc.
The following is a list of additional information that would be useful to have for a better integration more on par with what the Project CARS and F1 games provide.
- Protocol header including game version, protocol version and packet type (if multiple packets are needed)
- Number of laps for lap based events
- Event time for timed events
- Brake temps
- Tyre wear
- Tyre pressures
- Tyre temps (inner, center, outer)
- Tyre camber
- Damage levels for each supported component
- Oil and Water temps and pressures (if the game has such a thing)
- Lap Distance Percent (percentage the player is through the current lap)
- Session type (race, practice, drift, drag etc)
- Improved status indicator, need a proper indicator when a race has finished
- Track name, variation and length, eg so you can tell which layout of a track you are using eg Brand Hatch, then Grand Prix or Indy layout. This could be done via a unique id with a lookup table if required
- A list or json file containing of all the car ID's with their names, and class ids with their names.
- Opponent car information, for each opponent we need
>>> world position (x/y/z) for track maps
>>> race position
>>> current lap
>>> current lap time
>>> last lap time
>>> best lap time
>>> status (in pits, on track, disqualified etc)
>>> penalty time (if such a thing exists)
>>> Invalidated lap status (if there is such a thing in the game)
>>> lap time delta to car ahead
>>> driver id
>>> car id
>>> car class id
>>> driver name

FYI there is a bug in the current implementation, the gear value doesn't indicate reverse, both reverse and neutral come through as 0.

With regards to expanding the telemetry protocol, please make sure you keep the UDP packet size under the MTU size (1500 bytes) to prevent UDP packet fragmentation.

Adding opponent data is what will start to drive the size up. Any requirement to send strings also pushes the size up quickly. The best approach would probably be to split the data into multiple packet types. The telemetry packet would be your high speed (60/sec) rate containing the data above. You would then have a packet for driver name strings which would get sent occasionally, usually a few times at the start then perhaps after each lap or when the number of online MP participants changes. The same would apply to a track name and car/car class packet containing the car strings for each opponent. You would only want to send these strings packets every so often so the network doesn't get spammed with too much data. It would also be wise to implement a throttling option for the telemetry, eg 60Hz, 30Hz, 20Hz for example so the throughput can be slowed down for those who's hardware or software cant keep up with the higher speed streams of data, or those that just want to record it at a lower throughput rate for size reasons.

If you do implement some of my suggestions, please ensure that any strings are sent in UTF-8.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or want another set of eyes to look over what you come up with for expanding the protocol, I was somewhat involved in the PCARS1/2 and F1 2017+ game's telemetry protocol design. Their protocols are all published on their respective forums if you wanted to see how others are doing it. They each have their pluses and minuses from an implementation and support standpoint.
#116 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 1:45:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theWauz Go to Quoted Post
Dear racers,

i've tinkered around with the data out stream and created a JavaFX-based dashboard. It's of course far from finished, but feel free to improve upon it.
Picture here

[...]

Where it is

enjoy.

br, Daniel

Edit:
[...] i've created a small data-out relay (meaning that it receives the data-out stream and forwards it to another PC).
A picture of the resulting working dashboard on the FM 7 rig: here - not beautiful but working...

• You configure the .properties of the relay to target the PC where you want to use the dash (which in my case is the one running FM7
  • by the way: you can use the relay for your other dashboards as well as this simply forwards the UDP stream.

[...]

Today, I released a new version, now including all September-patch data out fields as well as some minor fixes.

This should run on anything capable of running java (I'm using JRE 1.8.0). You only need to get the .jar file as well as the .properties files from:
here

Based on the new values from the September patch, I intend to implement enhanced lap information. Think statistics on fuel consumption, prediction for necessary fuel stops, laptime analyis and so on. However, I expect FH4 to prevent me from actually implementing it for a time ;)

Regards, Daniel
#117 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 3:48:35 AM(UTC)
Hi everyone!

Am I supposed to be getting negative values for power? The max power output corresponds to the appropriate max HP output for my vehicle; however, during shifts the power values read negative.
#118 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 11:16:49 AM(UTC)
As far as I can tell no tire wear. If I'm wrong I apologise. If I'm not - major omission.
 1 user liked this post.
#119 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 8:26:05 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Today, I released a new version, now including all September-patch data out fields as well as some minor fixes.

This should run on anything capable of running java (I'm using JRE 1.8.0). You only need to get the .jar file as well as the .properties files from:
here

Based on the new values from the September patch, I intend to implement enhanced lap information. Think statistics on fuel consumption, prediction for necessary fuel stops, laptime analyis and so on. However, I expect FH4 to prevent me from actually implementing it for a time ;)

Regards, Daniel

I don't have much experience with Java, but I'd be more than happy to help setup equations or learn enough of the code to be able to help get this implemented sooner. Since the UDP came out, data logging and tuning is pretty much all I've wanted out of it!

Also, love the new version!
#120 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:15:42 AM(UTC)
The spec says
s32 CarClass; //Between 0 (D -- worst cars) and 7 (X class -- best cars) inclusive

However there seems to be a lot more classes than that in the game..
For example, i did some basic testing and found
4 = Class A
5 = Class S
7 = Class P
2 = Class C (i think)

Could we please get a list of the CarClass ID numbers and which class they actually map to? I really would rather not have to go and try a car of every possible class just to find out the IDs.. :)

A list of CarID number to actual car names would also be great if possible.
#121 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:24:14 AM(UTC)
I have also noticed that the f32 Fuel field represents % of fuel (0-100) remaining. Could we please have total fuel capacity in litres added to the telemetry so we can calculate proper fuel consumption figures?
#122 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:38:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I'd absolutely love if someone could create an app that shows live telemetry. That's be incredible.

And if we could get stuff like fastest lap, current lap, last lap, map tracking and delta times I'd she'd tear aha!

Exactly what I'm working on. Do you think a web site or a native phone app would be cooler?
 1 user liked this post.
#123 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:29:04 PM(UTC)
It would also be handy if the telemetry could output what the redline RPM value is for the car so we can do shift lights accurately in the dash apps.
#124 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:40:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RRREVOLUTIONNN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I'd absolutely love if someone could create an app that shows live telemetry. That's be incredible.

And if we could get stuff like fastest lap, current lap, last lap, map tracking and delta times I'd she'd tear aha!

Exactly what I'm working on. Do you think a web site or a native phone app would be cooler?

I think a website would be.
#125 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:06:50 AM(UTC)
Dear racers,

Picture here

[...]

Where it is

enjoy.

br, Daniel

Edit:
[...] i've created a small data-out relay (meaning that it receives the data-out stream and forwards it to another PC).

[...]

here

Regards, Daniel

As promised, I have released a new version, now displaying a first draft of (all) laptimes for each race, including the delta time, fuel consumption and position change per lap.

Regards, Daniel
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error