This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 8:23:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nettrom Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lunarman55 Go to Quoted Post
The release notes for the July update does not mention any changes to the data out format. This is disappointing, I was hoping that we would see a number of useful values (suggested in this thread) being added. Maybe we'll see them in August?

Not to worry, we will get an update the day after I transition to playing Horizon 4 :)

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens! 😃

I've made a few updates to the Python library on GitHub over the past few days. First to fix the missing acceleration parameters in the output when writing out data to a file. Thanks goes to Gryphon962 for reporting that bug! Secondly, to add CSV support for those who prefer to work with data in that format. I also switched the default behaviour so the script starts a new file and writes a row with the names of all columns at the beginning of the file. There's a command line parameter available to have it append to an existing file.

Hi, I've loved your idea as I'm starting to work with python. However, it is not working for me. I have taken the IP Address with ipconfig (ipv4 Address), has chosen your example port (1123), then I do "python data2file.py 1123 outfile.tsv" and nothing happens. I hit Ctrl+C and nothing happens. Then, I close the window and only the head (row with names of columns) is written on the file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by user Friday, July 27, 2018 8:23:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 1:40:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NandoRock80 Go to Quoted Post
I'm starting to work with python. However, it is not working for me. I have taken the IP Address with ipconfig (ipv4 Address), has chosen your example port (1123), then I do "python data2file.py 1123 outfile.tsv" and nothing happens. I hit Ctrl+C and nothing happens. Then, I close the window and only the head (row with names of columns) is written on the file.

I ran a quick test on this, and, it work exactly as described by nettrom. Make sure to get data via Test Drive and/or Race!!! I ran about 1/4 lap and the output file had a lot of data available.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#78 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 3:13:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NandoRock80 Go to Quoted Post
I'm starting to work with python. However, it is not working for me. I have taken the IP Address with ipconfig (ipv4 Address), has chosen your example port (1123), then I do "python data2file.py 1123 outfile.tsv" and nothing happens. I hit Ctrl+C and nothing happens. Then, I close the window and only the head (row with names of columns) is written on the file.

I ran a quick test on this, and, it work exactly as described by nettrom. Make sure to get data via Test Drive and/or Race!!! I ran about 1/4 lap and the output file had a lot of data available.

PRKid

Hi, I have ran a lot of laps in race while the program was running and nothing happened. But thanks for the help!

#79 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 8:27:22 PM(UTC)
Now it worked, but I had to output to another laptop...
#80 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:19:11 PM(UTC)
Are there any specific units that things such as Velocity are given in?

I'm getting VelocityX, VelocityY and VelocityZ. I can see that in this world space Y is up and down so I'm going to ignore it. Getting the magnitude of the XZ vector with the following code.

Quote:
var speed = Math.Sqrt((packet.VelocityX * packet.VelocityX) + (packet.VelocityZ * packet.VelocityZ));

Im driving in a straight line I can see my X and Y are near zero, and Z is 52. That is the same value as the speed value above so I believe the math is correct. I'm just confused what this means. I was testing in a NASCAR and keeping it in second gear. If I set my game to mph units I get around 117 display in game. If I set it to metric units I get 189. In both cases the speed variable from the UDP is around 52. Am I meant to multiple by something here?

EDIT: Wiring up my response I wondered what other measurements exist. It's meters per second. Makes perfect sense.

Edited by user Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:22:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 6:00:27 PM(UTC)
I'm working on a .NET Core solution.
For the moment, there's just a simple console app, but I'm working on something bigger for web spectators.
There's a lot of things to do, mainly some translation of data values (need to convert them to Gs, or kmph, etc.).

If you're curious, it's there :
https://github.com/geeoo...za-data-web/tree/develop
It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature.
#82 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 10:30:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YTN3rd Go to Quoted Post
Are there any specific units that things such as Velocity are given in?

I'm getting VelocityX, VelocityY and VelocityZ. I can see that in this world space Y is up and down so I'm going to ignore it. Getting the magnitude of the XZ vector with the following code.

Quote:
var speed = Math.Sqrt((packet.VelocityX * packet.VelocityX) + (packet.VelocityZ * packet.VelocityZ));

Im driving in a straight line I can see my X and Y are near zero, and Z is 52. That is the same value as the speed value above so I believe the math is correct. I'm just confused what this means. I was testing in a NASCAR and keeping it in second gear. If I set my game to mph units I get around 117 display in game. If I set it to metric units I get 189. In both cases the speed variable from the UDP is around 52. Am I meant to multiple by something here?

EDIT: Wiring up my response I wondered what other measurements exist. It's meters per second. Makes perfect sense.

I had this doubt too. Now I'm pretty sure it's meters per second.
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 10:44:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Geeooff Go to Quoted Post
I'm working on a .NET Core solution.
For the moment, there's just a simple console app, but I'm working on something bigger for web spectators.
There's a lot of things to do, mainly some translation of data values (need to convert them to Gs, or kmph, etc.).

If you're curious, it's there :
https://github.com/geeoo...za-data-web/tree/develop

That's pretty cool! I know nothing of .Net, but I'll keep a look on it.

Right now, I'm being able to plot real time graphics in python with the help of the routines by nettrom. However, I have to run 2 programs at same time because I couldn't modify his program in order to plot animation while acquiring data. The timestamp is in milliseconds and displaced from zero. I can't yet bring the timestamp to zero and animate at the same time. Probably, I can recover the circuit map from data, as I have already done this before in rFactor. The curvature can be obtained from data and the trajectory can be obtained from curvature.
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 8:35:52 AM(UTC)
I've noticed it's always wise to Quit Forza 7 and restart it before using the data out in a session else you might find it streams no data while you are racing.
#85 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 5:03:13 PM(UTC)
This may be a stupid question, but does Xbox support this? That is, can I have a PC on network listening and writing data from Xbox?
#86 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 8:45:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZippyMcFunshine Go to Quoted Post
This may be a stupid question, but does Xbox support this? That is, can I have a PC on network listening and writing data from Xbox?

YES!

DJ Saoco
#87 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 9:47:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

YES!

Sweeet! Thank you! This is awesome.
#88 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 1:52:38 PM(UTC)
The release notes for the July update does not mention any changes to the data out format. This is disappointing, I was hoping that we would see a number of useful values (suggested in this thread) being added. Maybe we'll see them in August?

Not to worry, we will get an update the day after I transition to playing Horizon 4 :)

I've made a few updates to the Python library on GitHub over the past few days. First to fix the missing acceleration parameters in the output when writing out data to a file. Thanks goes to Gryphon962 for reporting that bug! Secondly, to add CSV support for those who prefer to work with data in that format. I also switched the default behaviour so the script starts a new file and writes a row with the names of all columns at the beginning of the file. There's a command line parameter available to have it append to an existing file.

Great work! Downloaded today and looks great!
#89 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:51:26 PM(UTC)
How can I link this data to something in my PC, like an overlay or something? Where do I need to start?
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 1:55:42 PM(UTC)
I finally got around to creating a client of my own. This is a native app for iOS (iPhone) written in objective-c. I really just did this for me, but since there don't appear to be any dashboard apps for iOS I will go ahead and publish it to the app store once I clean a few things up.

It would definitely be nice to have the CarID mappings so we can do certain things based on make / model. Providing gear ratio and other info would allow more accurate shift light triggers. And, as everyone else has mentioned, tire wear, damage, fuel, etc. I think it would be a LOT more useful with that info. Very cool they did this though. I know FH4 is more of an arcade game but would be nice if it supported it as well.

Video footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/...tA&feature=youtu.be
MyAudiTTS
Virginia Beach, Audi TTS
mobilefission.io
#91 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:40:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HCR TJSteel Go to Quoted Post
Can I also ask if you're open to parameter requests,

I'm one of the staff which run TORA (the online racing association) and I've already started looking into creating an app for this data stream.

The thing we do is organise racing leagues, from series to endurance races, and being able to receive this data and have it displayed on a full live timing system would be awesome,

The only things I can't see are things such as what the global position of the car is in relation the the track they're currently on so there'd be no way of plotting or tracking the cars position.

Is this every parameter you'd have available to output or are there any options to add more if required?

I've listed below what I think would be good and how it would benefit people.

x, y, z position in global terms: could then plot where the car is which would be useful for saving and reading telemetry to create better tunes / plotting the cars positions for display in live timing
gear number: useful in dashboard building as a gear indicator / telemetry
current track: again would be useful for telemetry readings...

I was thinking - in regards to plotting the coordinates of a car over the course of a lap, shouldn’t it be possible (in theory) to do so using the acceleration and velocity values in each row of data to re-create the path of the vehicle? I’m not sure exactly how to do this, but it should be possible. Unless the values reported are rounded - in which case, the rounding would lead to greater and great deviation for each progressive calculation. I was reading about how they used a machine with gyroscopes to keep track of space craft movements during Apollo - and could map out path based on the recordings over time. However, small rounding errors would eventually lead to larger and larger deviations, so they had to also use radar data to help recalibrate.

That said - I’d really love the ability to tie datapoints to a track location. Even just the simple 2D coordinates.

1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:51:20 PM(UTC)

One enhancement request I wanted to raise was outputting timestamps for every line. Not in game timestamps - just normal, real world timestamps. This way, it is easier to store in database and then query particular sessions. I was able to to sourcecode myself - but figured I would make request.

#93 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:48:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YarsRvenge Go to Quoted Post
I finally got around to creating a client of my own. This is a native app for iOS (iPhone) written in objective-c. I really just did this for me, but since there don't appear to be any dashboard apps for iOS I will go ahead and publish it to the app store once I clean a few things up.

It would definitely be nice to have the CarID mappings so we can do certain things based on make / model. Providing gear ratio and other info would allow more accurate shift light triggers. And, as everyone else has mentioned, tire wear, damage, fuel, etc. I think it would be a LOT more useful with that info. Very cool they did this though. I know FH4 is more of an arcade game but would be nice if it supported it as well.

Video footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/...tA&feature=youtu.be

Hi

nice app !

I'm working on physical dashboard based on R-Pi / arduino for console, if it is not a secret how do you compute the speed ? I'm turning arround WheelRotationSpeed telemetry data (rad/s) but I'm not able to compute speed in kmh/mph without tires geometry ? Am I on wrong way or I miss something huge in telemetry data ?

so if you have a magic formula for speed calculation... :)

Thanks and Regards.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:53:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:57:50 AM(UTC)
I've been tinkering a bit with the data stream and I'm still wondering what the "EngineMaxRpm" really stands for?
For me the obvious thing would be the rpm of rev limiter, but it doesn't seem to be so.

Anyone have any information about the value?

Originally Posted by: Hopenheimer Go to Quoted Post

If vehicle speed relative to world is enough, you could use f32 VelocityZ. Looks like the unit is m/s, so you could multiply it by 3.6 to get km/h.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:40:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#95 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 10:30:54 AM(UTC)
To me it seems that "EngineMaxRpm" is not the rpm of rev limiter, but the max rpm of the rev counter that is shown in the hud.

Originally Posted by: YTN3rd Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

It was mentioned earlier that you have to use VelocityX and VelocityZ to get the velocity in meters per second. Multiplying that by 3.6 gets you kph.
#96 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:22:37 PM(UTC)
Sorry, I just saw your post but the folks on the forum seem to have replied and their answers line up with how I did it. No magic :) Let me know if you have other questions.

Originally Posted by: Hopenheimer Go to Quoted Post

Hi

nice app !

I'm working on physical dashboard based on R-Pi / arduino for console, if it is not a secret how do you compute the speed ? I'm turning arround WheelRotationSpeed telemetry data (rad/s) but I'm not able to compute speed in kmh/mph without tires geometry ? Am I on wrong way or I miss something huge in telemetry data ?

Thanks and Regards.

MyAudiTTS
Virginia Beach, Audi TTS
mobilefission.io
#97 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:56:50 PM(UTC)
One enhancement request I wanted to raise was outputting timestamps for every line. Not in game timestamps - just normal, real world timestamps. This way, it is easier to store in database and then query particular sessions. I was able to to sourcecode myself - but figured I would make request.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks for suggesting that! I created Issue #4 to capture that. Might mean I add an option to have a configuration file with specification of which columns to output, since that allows for lots of flexibility without cluttering up the command line.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:12:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RUBITS Go to Quoted Post
To me it seems that "EngineMaxRpm" is not the rpm of rev limiter, but the max rpm of the rev counter that is shown in the hud.

I've thought about that too, but it's not that either.

For example with vw corrado the EngineMaxRpm is 7950, hud show rpm gauge up to ~9000 and the rev limiter is around 7500
And for #7 Vantage GT3 it's even more weird: EngineMaxRpm is 7450, hud shows up to 8000 and the limiter is around 7700.

Also pretty sure there was some car where current rpm didn't match on data stream and in-game hud.
#99 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:10:23 AM(UTC)
Hello There,

@MigiBacon, YarsRvenge: thank you for replies - It work great !
Now only hoping that Turn Ten, add more telemetric udp data as in Project Cars...
#100 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:58:29 PM(UTC)
Were there any changes in the August update? I'm thinking that because they updated track boundaries, that they may be working on outputting coordinates.
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error