8 Pages<<678Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#176 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 4:18:56 AM(UTC)
The one time that a deadline for this event has been mentioned was during the June 6th ForzaRC livestream, with a graphic that indicated 2nd week of July:
https://youtu.be/vsg3jNkwpNY?t=5403
That would be similar to previous Challenges, which ended June 7, April 9, March 7. (January and Foust events ended on the last day of the month). Following that pattern this one could end on Monday the 9th. In any case I would look for more information in today's Week in Review and #ForzaFriday livestream and Monday's #ForzaMonthly livestream.
#177 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 6:00:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RichWard25 Go to Quoted Post
He’s in the US commentating on the IMSA event at Watkins Glen this weekend, so I’d doubt you see any improvements this weekend.

Good point (the race is on Sunday) + thanks Max for the details.
 1 user liked this post.
#178 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 11:35:50 AM(UTC)
#179 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 12:23:24 PM(UTC)
This might be a stupid question but I haven't encountered this yet. I'm top 10% in the North American leaderboard but 12% globally. Does you final percentile come from the global or local leaderboard?
 2 users liked this post.
#180 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 1:02:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
This might be a stupid question but I haven't encountered this yet. I'm top 10% in the North American leaderboard but 12% globally. Does you final percentile come from the global or local leaderboard?

I would play it safe and assume it is talking about overall/global percentile.

🇨🇦
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#181 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 2:13:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post

I would play it safe and assume it is talking about overall/global percentile.

I'm dittoing this. I'm in the exact same position, and I don't think I'm gonna get that 50k!!
#182 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 5:29:07 PM(UTC)
Any idea where the 10% mark ended up being for this event? My final time was somewhere close to a 4:06.6, when I set that time I think I was sitting just outside of the 10% but I know generally as the events go on the times overall get worse.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#183 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 5:40:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
Any idea where the 10% mark ended up being for this event? My final time was somewhere close to a 4:06.6, when I set that time I think I was sitting just outside of the 10% but I know generally as the events go on the times overall get worse.

There wasn't tons of participants in this event like there was the Indy oval. I guess people don't really like a bunch of turns. I had a good time with this one, probably participated more in it because of an entire class of cars to try out. I think I had a high 4:07, around 12% iirc.
 1 user liked this post.
#184 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 9:25:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
I'll put up 5.5 million each to the first 4 people that beat his time on their OUTLAP.
Time must beat his final time, replay must show standing start.

I want you guys to better yourselves and having to do it from a standing start means you have to get your lines/throttle/braking all down well.

In the end I couldn’t improve on my PB in the Maserati but what I learned from the challenge helped me beat the Le Mans endurance race in career mode on ‘Unbeatable’ 😀

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#185 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 1:18:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
Lets make an old man cry!!!

I'll put up 5.5 million each to the first 4 people that beat his time on their OUTLAP.

No Aliens, I know who you are :P

Go.

I don’t need the CR (got 220,000,000 thanks to all the painting I do) but I did want to come back to this as it’s a fun idea.

I can’t remember my exact time right now but I believe it was a 4:08 from a standing start. Replay should be on the Leaderboards if you fancy taking a look.

I only did 1 Lap this month, and it was this one :)

Edited by user Sunday, July 1, 2018 1:19:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#186 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 3:06:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post

I want you guys to better yourselves and having to do it from a standing start means you have to get your lines/throttle/braking all down well.

In the end I couldn’t improve on my PB in the Maserati but what I learned from the challenge helped me beat the Le Mans endurance race in career mode on ‘Unbeatable’ 😀

That race is difficult. The leading cars are all diesel LMP1 (Audi, Peugeot) and your Porsche seemingly gets way less range than them. You not only have to outpace them but also completely destroy them.

For some reason the 919's redline is really high but the power dies off very early.

Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post

There wasn't tons of participants in this event like there was the Indy oval. I guess people don't really like a bunch of turns. I had a good time with this one, probably participated more in it because of an entire class of cars to try out. I think I had a high 4:07, around 12% iirc.

The prizes were poor and the bounty was easier this time around.

But Brickyard track is also much more intense than Le Mans. Difference is much less and more precision is needed, especially in T10's setup where they let the car bump into redline on the back straight.

Edited by user Sunday, July 1, 2018 3:08:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#187 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:10:17 PM(UTC)

Still a killer lap man. Great run. You're officially an alien now, barred from future contests. 😛

Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I don’t need the CR (got 220,000,000 thanks to all the painting I do)

I'm glad you could share your Forza bank account with us inferior plebs..🙄

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#188 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:23:10 PM(UTC)

Still a killer lap man. Great run. You're officially an alien now, barred from future contests. 😛

MIDNYTE is a good target for me as his times tend to be close to mine. I recall at the Sebring event we were almost tied!

I'm surprised PJTierney has only 220 million from paints, lol. I have 64 million from racing and some fortunate car sales.

Though, truth be told, he did waste a lot of that money to provide us with valuable info on the timed crates!

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 3 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:02:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised PJTierney has only 220 million from paints, lol. I have 64 million from racing and some fortunate car sales.

🇨🇦
#190 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 5:47:10 AM(UTC)
Hi there. I tried searching for an answer but haven’t seem to find one yet. When should the participation reward be given out? Thanks
#191 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 6:19:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AngryColt172804 Go to Quoted Post
Hi there. I tried searching for an answer but haven’t seem to find one yet. When should the participation reward be given out? Thanks

Probably sometime this week, I would assume with the July update.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#192 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 6:20:35 AM(UTC)
It could be today or in the next couple days.
#193 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 7:17:38 AM(UTC)

I should do something with it all at some point, maybe host a photo contest or put some expensive cars up for auction at minimum buyouts. Haven't figured it out yet and don't have the time to organise anything for a while anyway.

Anyway, back on topic:

One thing I noticed with Le Mans (in general, prior to this challenge) is how tricky some of the track limits are in comparison to other circuits. It seems rather easy to dirty a lap at Tetre Rouge for example, as a mere brush of the "baguettes" would invalidate a lap even if you still had a wheel between the white lines.
 1 user liked this post.
#194 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 9:36:17 AM(UTC)

LoL, cheers man! I’ll never be an alien, it takes me a hundred laps to achieve what they can do in just a couple - great fun trying though 😉

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#195 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 8:23:58 PM(UTC)
#196 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:43:12 PM(UTC)
Will go through and review when I have time for those in the standing lap.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#197 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 3:37:45 PM(UTC)
Has the rewards been sent out yet for the event
#198 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 3:45:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post
Has the rewards been sent out yet for the event

For this event they have
I got mine last Thursday or Friday
#199 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 2:07:17 PM(UTC)
Hey,

Sorry I havent been around, we had family matters to deal with.

Those of you in my side challenge who want your FRedits, let me know.

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
8 Pages<<678Prev

Notification

Icon
Error