8 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:20:27 AM(UTC)
So annoying when you dirty your lap past the point of being able to rewind back to the line.

Finally got a fast clean lap in. I know I can get a 4 minute dead, but for now a 4:01.2 will do.
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:48:55 AM(UTC)
I kinda wish there was two options for rewind on these rivals events.

The standard one we have now, and a "hold rewind to go back to the start/finish line" regardless of where you are on track. Some tracks aren't so bad, Road Atlanta for example is fairly short. But tracks like Le Mans (let's not even discuss Nordschleife) were you could be driving 3 minutes just to start a clean lap really is a pain. It's what tends to put me off doing events on them. I've got in a lap for the participation car and when I am slightly more awake I will try and get in a good clean lap.

Sometimes I get annoyed just having to do a standing start on rival event lap, it would be really nice to have an option of starting at the last sector split on events you've already put in a base time previously. But I guess it's all part of the challenge, after all focus and mental control is as big a part of motor racing as skill and a good car is right.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#78 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 4:28:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
I set a time of 4:04.6 in the gt3 vanquish, if he manages to beat that ill pick the Maserati or Lamborghini and set a sub 4 minute time, but I don't think he will beat 4:10 in my honest opinion

What about your dishonest opinion? That's what I'm really interested in.
#79 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:09:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Quint 808 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
I do love how everyone thought the Maserati would be the car to use but we're now seeing some variation.

I do have one question though. Why am I being labelled as having run a dirty lap the moment I cross the start/finish line? I've had numerous laps now where the moment I cross the line and start a new lap it has the exclamation mark by the time and it doesn't count. Why is this? How do I make it so that I can run a lap and it actually counts? Does it only count laps from a standing start for this event?

If you dirty your lap in the LAST SECTOR (after the final split for the lap has shown) the next lap will also start dirty.
If you do dirty your lap in the last sector, rewind, and take that section clean and your next lap will start clean.

The standing lap thing is a side competition with nothing to do with the bounty. Adds an extra challenge cause super easy bounty.

Aha, this must be it, thanks! When it was happening I would just blast through the last chicanes, because why bother being precise, the lap was already dirty, but of course this was triggering what you're describing, compounding the problem.

Also TCS set to I think its called 'really easy' will dirty the Lap, I found this out after a lot of hair pulling and head scratching , I didn't even no it existed and had turned it on by mistake .

I'm pretty sure it's not an assistance setting because I had set a clean time on my first or second lap.
#80 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:26:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
Lets make an old man cry!!!

I'll put up 5.5 million each to the first 4 people that beat his time on their OUTLAP.
Time must beat his final time, replay must show standing start.

No Aliens, I know who you are :P

Go.

I'd like to have a piece of the action on this side bet.

I usually end up 2~4 seconds behind the fastest guys, so I guess I could safely say I'm no alien.

Was able to put in a 4:05.261 in a #35 sls gt3, suppose I could squeeze into 4:04.xxx with some luck :)

My GT is Backmarker247, though my profile here for the forum remains unchanged from my original GT.

Hope to see more people joining in on this side bet.
#81 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:04:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
OK Dust I managed a 4:06.699 on my out lap...

Originally Posted by: Backmarker247 Go to Quoted Post
Was able to put in a 4:05.261 in a #35 sls gt3, suppose I could squeeze into 4:04.xxx with some luck :)

Nice work chaps 👏🏾👏🏾

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#82 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:29:44 AM(UTC)
Arrgh! Just spent an hour improving my time but it hasn't registered and everything has been lost. Nice servers Turn 10...
 3 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 4:22:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
I set a time of 4:04.6 in the gt3 vanquish, if he manages to beat that ill pick the Maserati or Lamborghini and set a sub 4 minute time, but I don't think he will beat 4:10 in my honest opinion

What about your dishonest opinion? That's what I'm really interested in.

ok, he's sandbagging and on the last day he will set a time of 3:58.5
#84 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:30:14 PM(UTC)
forza gt BOP is a joke. lambo and maserati need restrictors to bring them back down to gtlm levels. so the fastest time is 3:55.XX ( lambo) and the first ford gt is 10 seconds slower.
#85 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:33:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StockTundra Go to Quoted Post
forza gt BOP is a joke. lambo and maserati need restrictors to bring them back down to gtlm levels. so the fastest time is 3:55.XX ( lambo) and the first ford gt is 10 seconds slower.

Well, you're talking about a Ford after all...
 1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:39:03 PM(UTC)
Lol, I'm not very good at this. I set a time of 4:14.562 in the vette. That was going through about 5 different ghosts as I worked my way up, and all those were on a second lap or more. So I decide to see if I can improve upon my time, which there happened to be two peeps ahead of me, but with the same time. So my next ghost was a standing start, I had to beat him on a second lap, and then by only about .200....

I do like the jaguar though.
#87 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:48:11 PM(UTC)
I haven't managed to replicate my <1% performances with the IndyCar in this event yet, but got down to 4:01.5 and felt like I had a minor breakthrough in becoming more able to keep the car settled in the sequence of bends towards the end. I watched my replay back afterwards and could see 2 or 3 places where it definitely had some room for improvement, and then watched JSR South's replay and saw some more things he did that I can copy, so it's feeling now like scraping under 4 mins might just be possible. Top 1.80% for now.
#88 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 12:05:45 AM(UTC)
Finally managed to set a high 4:12.9 time in the Mercedes that stuck, guess they were just having issues for a couple of hours there.

Still need to try the Lambo and see if that suites me any better.
#89 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 3:03:21 AM(UTC)
4:11.810 I believe is my current time in one of the Audis. (#45)

I lose a lot of time in the twisty bits, because the lap is so long it's one of the tracks I don't race on much, even though I do like Le Mans. So for me the Audi with it's good speed and acceleration lets me make up time on the long straights. I also find it handles fairly well and is very much my style.

If there was a car with the speed of the Audi 45 and the handling of the Porsche 45 or Aston (the green one) I'd probably be able to put in a much better time. My goal is to get in the 4:10.xxx I don't think I'll really be able to do better than that. Right now I am in the top 26% I really want top 25% as I want the Mini FE (like Minis).
#90 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 3:38:04 AM(UTC)
This seems like an easy rivals, unlike last month. 6 laps spent, and got a 4:00.7xx clean after running 3:59.0 dirty for 3 laps straight due to slight mistakes towards the end of the lap. Now the wait until July when this rivals event ends.
#91 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 4:52:29 AM(UTC)
Most top drivers have no need for credits anymore. A cash prize is kind of insulting.
#92 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 6:34:18 AM(UTC)
There's an odd discrepancy between the WIR info and the in-game. Is the bottom percentile 50% or 75%?
#93 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 12:58:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
#35 Maserati MC - 4:07.630 new PB for a standing start.

Beat my previous best by half a second on my first try this morning and then found another 4 tenths soon after. Current out lap PB 4:06.773……

FH4 / FH3
#94 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:35:13 AM(UTC)
Found another half second, new PB is 4:06.267
I know where I can improve so should be able to get into the 5’s but I’m getting near my threshold I think…

FH4 / FH3
#95 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:37:00 AM(UTC)
I just squeaked in a sub-4 minute time at 3:59.970 using the Huracan. Currently, the track limits here vary wildly:

- T1, Dunlop & Ford chicanes you can place 4 wheels over the curb
- Tertre Rouge & Mulsanne corner will only allow 2 wheels over the curb
- Mulsanne straight chicanes will only allow 2 wheels over the white line, not the curb. If you touch the curb here you will likely be dirty.

Edited by user Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:38:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
#96 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 12:27:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TDM SilverArrow Go to Quoted Post
I just squeaked in a sub-4 minute time at 3:59.970 using the Huracan. Currently, the track limits here vary wildly:

- T1, Dunlop & Ford chicanes you can place 4 wheels over the curb
- Tertre Rouge & Mulsanne corner will only allow 2 wheels over the curb
- Mulsanne straight chicanes will only allow 2 wheels over the white line, not the curb. If you touch the curb here you will likely be dirty.

I had noticed the weird track limits..I probably could rinse a bit of time out in the 1st chicane especially. But I'm at the low 4:03s so not feeling the need to spend any more time on it.
#97 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:46:38 PM(UTC)
i did a 1s faster time on out lap for lambo than flying lap of ford gt.
#98 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 3:21:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mohegan13 Go to Quoted Post
The standard one we have now, and a "hold rewind to go back to the start/finish line" regardless of where you are on track. Some tracks aren't so bad, Road Atlanta for example is fairly short. But tracks like Le Mans (let's not even discuss Nordschleife) were you could be driving 3 minutes just to start a clean lap really is a pain.

I use dirty laps that I can't rewind past as "practice laps" - try a different line through a corner that I'm having trouble with, tweak assists (such as turning TCS on in GT/Formula-type cars if I'm having trouble on corner exit, or turning it off if it's killing power-down too much) or do a virtual pit-stop by resetting tyre/fuel damage (only wastes one lap then rather than two,)

Down to approx ~4:06 trying out a mixture of Maserati, Lambo and Corvette for a few laps each (yet to try Porsche). Struggling to find a car that is both fast and suits my driving style, the Maserati is currently the fastest in my mind but it handles like a pig and is totally uninspiring to drive and the Lambo isn't much better. The Corvette suits me much more (probably from all the time invested in the Sebring bounty hunter event the other month) but it just doesn't have the speed on the straights.
#99 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 4:22:29 PM(UTC)
Found another half second, new PB is 4:06.267
I know where I can improve so should be able to get into the 5’s but I’m getting near my threshold I think…

Nice run! I'm going to use you as my ghost if you don't mind. 😛

🇨🇦
#100 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:20:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
…new PB is 4:06.267

Nice run! I'm going to use you as my ghost if you don't mind. 😛

Not a phrase I hear often, LoL! I actually managed a new PB of 4:05.444 yesterday but didn’t post because I ran a (very unlucky) dirty 4:04.4xx before that & I was trying to match it. Couldn’t get close though so I think that’s my perfect one off lap if I get everything right…

FH4 / FH3
8 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error