8 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 12:07:23 AM(UTC)
John has set a time and it's in the 4:26.665. I guess it's going to be easy to get bounty this month. (Thanks John)
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:05:38 AM(UTC)
This 50,000 credits prize reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 5:18:25 AM(UTC)
Couldn't resist using the Audi TT RS out of what was available. FWD and AT... sure to fail... made my two laps mildly amusing, though. Hit 39%, but I doubt that will last.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:18:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
We have ourselves a side competition! woooo, GO.

Must have replay on board to qualify for $$$$$, must remain there until the bounty is finished.

Nice one Dust 👍🏾

I’m definitely not an 👽 just an enthusiastic part timer & I don’t think I’ll place in the top four either but I really like the idea. Seeing as we’ve got a month, I think I’ll try out all the various cars & just run out laps until maybe the 3rd week or when I think I’ve reached my threshold (whichever comes first). Should be fun, only run 2 cars so far & both were 04:13.xxx but will update & upload replay when I’m a bit more competitive 🙂

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#55 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:26:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
ForzaRC John Hindhaugh Le Mans Challenge
  • Division = Forza GT, Rental Only (auto Homologated)
  • Restriction = No Friction Assist
  • Track = Le Mans La Sarthe Full Day

Hrm... The percentiles don't match the quote in the OP, and there's no mention of the participation award...

Yup, noticed that too cause I want the chevelle
#56 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:29:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
John has set a time and it's in the 4:26.665. I guess it's going to be easy to get bounty this month. (Thanks John)

If he's a long time announcer, probably an older gentleman, probably not in to video games. I'm sure if he wants to practice at, he'll improve upon that.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:24:50 AM(UTC)
Must have replay on board to qualify for $$$$$, must remain there until the bounty is finished.

Ah, I think I might’ve misunderstood your post, LoL!

Anyway, managed to get my out lap down to 4:08.960 in the #45 Audi R8 (not able to watch the replay at the mo though?)

FH4 / FH3
#58 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:27:18 AM(UTC)
Couldn't resist using the Audi TT RS out of what was available. FWD and AT... sure to fail... made my two laps mildly amusing, though. Hit 39%, but I doubt that will last.
I did 4 or 5 laps last night in the Flying Lizard R8 and got in at 20%. But I know that won't hold up over the month.

#59 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:07:54 AM(UTC)
Did about 15 laps in the Flying Lizard R8 and clocked a 4:07.xxx. Still got plenty to improve.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:09:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:21:04 AM(UTC)

That car was one that legitimately surprised me. When I drove it in the Forza Driver's Cup, still FWD and with no assists, it was actually quite capable against the Drivatars; I think I even set a PB on a track or two.

Automatic is absolute heresy though. If you have any physical ailment that impairs you from using manual, fair enough, but otherwise, once you get used to manual, you'll never go back to automatic. Not on Forza, not on any other racing game*.

*My only exceptions are Midnight Club III and Enthusia. MC3 and manual transmissions do not go well together, and Enthusia, my PS2 controller is really starting to show it's age (15 years now), and I can't effectively use the LB for clutch. Plus, it's one of, if not the only, racing games I've ever played that did automatic transmissions accurately.

I did one single lap, an outlap, late last night. Used the Maserati; got a 4:15.something or another.

I might do a lap or two with every car in this division; find out which cars work well and which don't.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:22:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: You should probably finish your sentences. Otherwise people will never find out

One of "The 50"
#61 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:26:46 AM(UTC)
4.07:1xx after 2 laps (one out, one flying.) Can find time but whilst it's holding out I won't be doing too many laps. Already got a 2.4hr event to run at LeMans next week... I'll be sick of the track at this rate.
PC: i7-8700k @5GHz, 16GB DDR4-3600, RTX 2080 Super Hybrid
Rig: Fanatec DD1, R300/911GT3 wheel, v3 pedals, CS v1.5 shifter; ButtKicker G2
A/V: ROG Strix 49" 32:9 monitor; Trust Tytan 5.1

http://linktr.ee/chojinzo
#62 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 12:51:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

Automatic is absolute heresy though. If you have any physical ailment that impairs you from using manual, fair enough, but otherwise, once you get used to manual, you'll never go back to automatic. Not on Forza, not on any other racing game*.

Nope. I hate gear juggling. There's been a few games I mastered it in over the decades (R4, a couple of Monaco GP games, an F1 game on the OXBOX, et al - though never with the added awfulness of a clutch), but I don't enjoy it as a rule. I much prefer automatic. I have some limited experience with manuals in real life, too, and they don't appeal to me at all.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 1:44:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post

Ah, I think I might’ve misunderstood your post, LoL!

Anyway, managed to get my out lap down to 4:08.960 in the #45 Audi R8 (not able to watch the replay at the mo though?)

A clean time is a clean time and should have a replay on the board. I dont need you to upload anything. As long as your lap is clean, and from a standing start it should save a replay to the board.

I'll have a look later, maybe the servers were playing up.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#64 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:19:32 PM(UTC)
I do love how everyone thought the Maserati would be the car to use but we're now seeing some variation.

I do have one question though. Why am I being labelled as having run a dirty lap the moment I cross the start/finish line? I've had numerous laps now where the moment I cross the line and start a new lap it has the exclamation mark by the time and it doesn't count. Why is this? How do I make it so that I can run a lap and it actually counts? Does it only count laps from a standing start for this event?
#65 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:21:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
I do love how everyone thought the Maserati would be the car to use but we're now seeing some variation.

I do have one question though. Why am I being labelled as having run a dirty lap the moment I cross the start/finish line? I've had numerous laps now where the moment I cross the line and start a new lap it has the exclamation mark by the time and it doesn't count. Why is this? How do I make it so that I can run a lap and it actually counts? Does it only count laps from a standing start for this event?

If you dirty your lap in the LAST SECTOR (after the final split for the lap has shown) the next lap will also start dirty.
If you do dirty your lap in the last sector, rewind, and take that section clean and your next lap will start clean.

The standing lap thing is a side competition with nothing to do with the bounty. Adds an extra challenge cause super easy bounty.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:27:28 PM(UTC)
...I dont need you to upload anything. As long as your lap is clean, and from a standing start it should save a replay to the board.

I'll have a look later, maybe the servers were playing up.

No probs, just needed a reboot 😏
Ran some more out laps in a couple of cars before turning in for the night:
Aston Martin 007 DBR9 - 4:15.2xx
#51 Ferrari 458 Italia - 4:12.4xx
#35 Maserati MC - 4:07.630 new PB for a standing start. The Audi sets off like the proverbial scalded cat but the Maserati gobbled it up on the straights, looking forward to trying out some of the other cars but I’m already guessing none of them will be able to live with it around this track.

FH4 / FH3
#67 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:55:04 PM(UTC)

If you dirty your lap in the LAST SECTOR (after the final split for the lap has shown) the next lap will also start dirty.
If you do dirty your lap in the last sector, rewind, and take that section clean and your next lap will start clean.

The standing lap thing is a side competition with nothing to do with the bounty. Adds an extra challenge cause super easy bounty.

You also get an automatic dirty lap if you have friction assist on too
But friction assist should automatically be set to off in this event anyway
#68 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:55:48 PM(UTC)
I couldn't set a clean time with the Maserati, it'll easily hit 190 on the straight, but it handles like a plow horse. Set my best time so far with the vette, it's a little slow accelerating, but corners like its on rails. Tried the RSR first, really like how it drives, but it maxed out at 180 on the straights.

#69 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:00:01 PM(UTC)
BTW, earlier it was reported that the bounty set a 4:26 time, but I noticed later, it's at 4:24. I'll bet he improves A LOT!. It appears he's either never played, or made a new account for this event.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:11:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
BTW, earlier it was reported that the bounty set a 4:26 time, but I noticed later, it's at 4:24. I'll bet he improves A LOT!. It appears he's either never played, or made a new account for this event.

He did the May bounty event as well..
But it is a new account ..only a few weeks old
#71 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 5:05:29 PM(UTC)
I set a time of 4:04.6 in the gt3 vanquish, if he manages to beat that ill pick the Maserati or Lamborghini and set a sub 4 minute time, but I don't think he will beat 4:10 in my honest opinion
#72 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:19:52 PM(UTC)
OK Dust I managed a 4:06.699 on my out lap... I had to restart a million times due to dirtying my lap before I even finished the straight. 😞 Played it safe after I finally got past it. 🤓

🇨🇦
#73 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:58:04 PM(UTC)
I like where this is going.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:58:53 PM(UTC)

Aha, this must be it, thanks! When it was happening I would just blast through the last chicanes, because why bother being precise, the lap was already dirty, but of course this was triggering what you're describing, compounding the problem.
#75 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:16:47 AM(UTC)

Aha, this must be it, thanks! When it was happening I would just blast through the last chicanes, because why bother being precise, the lap was already dirty, but of course this was triggering what you're describing, compounding the problem.

Also TCS set to I think its called 'really easy' will dirty the Lap, I found this out after a lot of hair pulling and head scratching , I didn't even no it existed and had turned it on by mistake .

Edited by user Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:55:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error