25 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 7:09:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xGeoThumbs Go to Quoted Post
So in today's stream, they were saying how they don't want to rush this system, and that they want to gather enough feedback before putting it out.

Ok take your time T10. We've been waiting 10 years for this. Another decade won't make much of a difference...

Feedback? Then I think they will go soft on grievers, whenever this feature will drop.

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2018 7:33:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#152 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 9:17:59 PM(UTC)

This made me think how a separate test lobby with work in progress code for the penalty system would give them tons of feedback from us.

+1

Couldn't agree more, when you are 'listening to what the players want' best to let the players test things and steer you in the right direction from the get go
#153 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 9:41:25 PM(UTC)
So in today's stream, they were saying how they don't want to rush this system, and that they want to gather enough feedback before putting it out.

This made me think how a separate test lobby with work in progress code for the penalty system would give them tons of feedback from us.

2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#154 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 11:14:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

+1

Couldn't agree more, when you are 'listening to what the players want' best to let the players test things and steer you in the right direction from the get go

Best place to test would be in Leagues as it all ready had a points system that they could easily add to deciding just who won the race the racer with all dirty laps or the one wirh 5 out of 7 laps clean. Will work well in Ghost but not so well in contact as so many different things can dirty a lap, is a lot of number crunching working out what car did waht and who was at fault. What driver deserves deductions for Ramming, Contact, cutting, and blocking just to name a few.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#155 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 11:16:21 PM(UTC)
Wow Double Post Again got to love how Microsoft Fixed Edge. Or is it the Turn 10 server at fault🤔 The same server they going to be using for ForzaThon😶😶

Any one actuall know who host the Forums Site

Edited by user Tuesday, June 5, 2018 1:19:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#156 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:20:24 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged, see above - MM]

The track limits on Circuit de la Sarthe make no sense at all:

Virage du Tertre Rouge, getting two wheels on the outside curb exiting the corner ---> dirty lap.
Virage de Mulsanne, getting a wheel outside the white line before the corner ---> dirty lap.
Virage de Mulsanne, getting two wheels on the outside curb exiting the corner ---> dirty lap.
Virage D'Arnage, very weird placement of tirestack coming out of the corner
Last chicane into Virage du Raccordement you can basicly jump both inside curbs, getting four wheels on the curb without a getting a dirty lap.

Edited by user Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:45:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#157 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 2:07:34 AM(UTC)

Good! Cause if it's rushed, that's how it ends up looking like:

https://youtu.be/NYwfJfNaDMY
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#158 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 5:42:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post

Best place to test would be in Leagues as it all ready had a points system that they could easily add to deciding just who won the race the racer with all dirty laps or the one wirh 5 out of 7 laps clean. Will work well in Ghost but not so well in contact as so many different things can dirty a lap, is a lot of number crunching working out what car did waht and who was at fault. What driver deserves deductions for Ramming, Contact, cutting, and blocking just to name a few.

Does this explain why I've placed higher in a league race, than I actually finished in?

I've had that happen 3 times, first two times, I thought maybe it was old man disease setting in, but the last time I raced, there were 5 players, I finished 4th, but post race results landed me on the podium in 3rd. That race stuck with me as I was in 3rd, and the 4th place driver took me out second to last lap.
#159 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 8:20:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Does this explain why I've placed higher in a league race, than I actually finished in?

I've had that happen 3 times, first two times, I thought maybe it was old man disease setting in, but the last time I raced, there were 5 players, I finished 4th, but post race results landed me on the podium in 3rd. That race stuck with me as I was in 3rd, and the 4th place driver took me out second to last lap.

+1
that's what would interest me too !!! Happens to me also .... in both ways

MY Forza games

+ Digital Versions of Forza 6:Apex , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7
#160 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 2:03:24 PM(UTC)

did you actually finish the race
I find if I get a DNF my actual race result is different than the position I was in when the race ended
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#161 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

I find if I get a DNF my actual race result is different than the position I was in when the race ended

Yeah, I finished. I know what your talking about with the dnf though, I've placed all over when I dnf in those races.
 1 user liked this post.
#162 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 5:57:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I finished. I know what your talking about with the dnf though, I've placed all over when I dnf in those races.

I know how they sort dnf's
It goes by shortest race time which is messed up since the guy who quits mid race will get a finishing place higher than those than stay in the race until the end...even if they do get a penalty for quitting early it doesnt get applied to the finishing positions of that race
In forza 6 dnf's used to be sorted in alphabetical order which was messed up as well ..people will dispute this but if you looked at any race result that's how dnf's were sorted
Should be just finishing position when the timer runs out..and nothing else
Even if it was sorted by lap times it would be fairer..since dirty laps will finish last
#163 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 6:44:39 PM(UTC)

It can be a result of the game doing that glitch where it drops players in just as the race start without giving them the count down. When that happens it messes up the finish times, although from my experience, most of the time the drivers who got dropped in late have their finish time reduced.

That glitch seems to be happening more after this last update too, as well as the races launching without engine sound more often.
#164 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 4:05:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post

That glitch seems to be happening more after this last update too, as well as the races launching without engine sound more often.

This Glitch happened to me the FIRST time, and only after the patch .... in my Race and the Replay the second place is more than 50 meters behind me , but after the Race im suddenly @ the second place.
Thats unacceptable, especially @ League Races ....

Esports Ready :-/

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 4:16:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY Forza games

+ Digital Versions of Forza 6:Apex , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7
#165 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 4:20:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WurmSarah667 Go to Quoted Post
This Glitch happened to me the FIRST time, and only after the patch .... in my Race and the Replay the second place is more than 50 meters behind me , but after the Race im suddenly @ the second place.
Thats unacceptable, especially @ League Races ....

Esports Ready :-/

You are very lucky if it's only just happened to you for the first time. It tends to come in bursts for me though. I can go a week or two without seeing it, then have it happen 6 times in one night.

Conveniently, these things don't seem to happen in FRC events. Really wish they would, the embarrassment might cause Turn 10 to actually put effort into fixing them.
#166 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 5:54:12 AM(UTC)
Watching the race in Le Mans and I don't think there has been a "clean lap", according to Turn 10's limits, ran yet.
#167 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 6:15:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Watching the race in Le Mans and I don't think there has been a "clean lap", according to Turn 10's limits, ran yet.

Le Mans is a really hard track to get a clean lap on. It's extremely inconsistent in some places.
#168 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:56:56 PM(UTC)
If anyone watch NASCAR, they go very wide in Watkins Glen after that long straight. In game it is very, very dirty.
#169 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:53:40 PM(UTC)
The boundaries will likely be consistent from track to track to avoid discrepancies. Probably best to keep it between the white lines if you want to stay clean.
#170 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:48:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Janis Petke FIN Go to Quoted Post
If anyone watch NASCAR, they go very wide in Watkins Glen after that long straight. In game it is very, very dirty.

So?

NASCAR requires a complete stop if the driver misses the bus stop at the end of the back stretch. That is a direct result of some drivers playing games with the previous rule.
#171 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:33:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Janis Petke FIN Go to Quoted Post
This Sunday, at Sonoma, the will go wide on what I think will be Turn 6, really wide on it.
 3 users liked this post.
#172 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 1:14:16 PM(UTC)
Watching the official forza stream....
Track limits are coming wednesday, but still no penalties. They totally ruled them out. Yep they're really taking their time and don't care about our frustration (it's almost 10 years, right?).
I'm pretty sure we won't get penalties at the end life cycle of Forza 7.

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 3:13:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#173 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 1:42:44 PM(UTC)
Not ruled out, a later update they said. The same thing they have been saying so there should not be any confusion. First track limits, rivals (wed) than penalty probably Sept or Oct update my guess.

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 1:45:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#174 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 1:47:49 PM(UTC)
without penalties? that sad!
#175 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 1:49:26 PM(UTC)
you guys need to learn how to listen
25 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error