25 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 7:07:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SgtFancypants98 Go to Quoted Post
The car crushing signs and exploding tire piles can all go as well. I wonder how much smoother Forza would run if we didn’t all have to render and track all of those safety hazards races tend to get stopped for.

The car crushing signs should be destructible like FH3, so should the cones. Exploding tire piles are fine on imaginary tracks but on real life circuits they suck massively. The game should run a lot smoother taking out most of the exploding tire walls, hard walls, loose tires and cones.
#127 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:08:40 AM(UTC)
The car crushing signs and exploding tire piles can all go as well. I wonder how much smoother Forza would run if we didn’t all have to render and track all of those safety hazards races tend to get stopped for.

And with the unused power maybe replace all those paper thin trees for more 3d ones like in FM5.
#128 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:46:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post

And with the unused power maybe replace all those paper thin trees for more 3d ones like in FM5.

I don't have a problem with Forza's 2D trees but I do have a problem with how they are constructed. They are essentially sprites on a plane that intersect each other. Forza uses two planes which creates the illusion of four sprites which, when not inspected closely, makes them look 3D. I think Forza should use three planes (illusion of six sprites) to make them look even more 3D. Forza's sprites also just aren't high quality or high resolution at all. A lot of the 2D trees also don't cast shadows, especially at the base which makes it look unnatural, odd and looks photoshoped. The trees, I think, should also rotate to the players view as well. Honestly GT Sport does 2D trees excellently.

NOTE: Don't quote me on the 2 planes, 4 sprites illusion thing. I could be wrong, but that's what I see.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:46:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#129 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:00:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

The car crushing signs should be destructible like FH3, so should the cones. Exploding tire piles are fine on imaginary tracks but on real life circuits they suck massively. The game should run a lot smoother taking out most of the exploding tire walls, hard walls, loose tires and cones.

And add realistic stuff such as deer at night, opposums, armadillos, and the occasional bird/seagul crossing the road.

And squirrels. I'm sure some of those tracks and bunch of those critters.
#130 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:01:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

And add realistic stuff such as deer at night, opposums, armadillos, and the occasional bird/seagul crossing the road.

And squirrels. I'm sure some of those tracks and bunch of those critters.

I'd like to see the dingoes and kangaroos from Horizon 3 to make a comeback.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#131 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:05:05 AM(UTC)
I’ve been to Australia. The roving gangs of kangaroos are real.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:24:13 AM(UTC)

I don't have a problem with Forza's 2D trees but I do have a problem with how they are constructed. They are essentially sprites on a plane that intersect each other. Forza uses two planes which creates the illusion of four sprites which, when not inspected closely, makes them look 3D. I think Forza should use three planes (illusion of six sprites) to make them look even more 3D. Forza's sprites also just aren't high quality or high resolution at all. A lot of the 2D trees also don't cast shadows, especially at the base which makes it look unnatural, odd and looks photoshoped. The trees, I think, should also rotate to the players view as well. Honestly GT Sport does 2D trees excellently.

NOTE: Don't quote me on the 2 planes, 4 sprites illusion thing. I could be wrong, but that's what I see.

Shading has a lot to do with the 3D illusion.

https://youtu.be/rKREPXWKKGI

Notice that the dark spots and the light green color of the tree sprites move depending of the angle they're viewed. Forza does this with the contour of some trees giving it light color but the shadows in the middle come only from the sprite which isn't dynamic and looks dead.

If you want to see a clearer example of 3D illusion, go to photo mode and zoom in on the crowd and look at any individual. Some of them are 3D but most are 2D, so the ones 2D are only 1 sprite each. But look at any of them, then move the camera to another position while still looking at that sprite and you can see a shadow moving through their skin and clothes to give that illusion of 3D.

That is what artists draw into sprites to make them more alive but too much of it can be taxing on the hardware. Forza 5 had very well shaded trees in Prague and in Le Mans. Forza 6 & 7 have poorer trees but they also allow for 8 more cars on track than Forza 5 did.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:29:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#133 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:48:59 PM(UTC)

They would just add more helicopters and stunt planes instead.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#134 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:03:55 PM(UTC)

Yes Yes they are and oh so wonderful to hit one that shoots across the road flat out only to find it ends life as a Hood ornament for my bonnet, $5,000 later and all the damage that one roo did is fixed, I had a job where I did driving all night long in rural areas and had a yearly repair bill of over $10,000 due to roo strikes. My insurance company was not happy with me for some reason. Not sure why as I did keep there pannel beaters busy and in a job.

Sp mabey keep the roos and other Australian wildlife of the track please
 2 users liked this post.
#135 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:04:03 AM(UTC)

To be fair if you’re staring at the trees as you race around fm7 might not be the right game for you 😁

2 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:09:34 AM(UTC)
How about we wait for the feature to be added, try it out, then provide feedback on that feature.

The "Wish Lists Go Here" thread has a link to the current Features Wish List thread.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 3 users liked this post.
#137 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:24:25 PM(UTC)
Good idea Max, but this is the internet, we do things differently here.
 1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:34:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post

Yes Yes they are and oh so wonderful to hit one that shoots across the road flat out only to find it ends life as a Hood ornament for my bonnet, $5,000 later and all the damage that one roo did is fixed, I had a job where I did driving all night long in rural areas and had a yearly repair bill of over $10,000 due to roo strikes. My insurance company was not happy with me for some reason. Not sure why as I did keep there pannel beaters busy and in a job.

Sp mabey keep the roos and other Australian wildlife of the track please

Still better than hitting a single wombat and writing off your whole car. Turn10/PG should have simulated them in FH3 by just placing random concrete blocks in the middle of roads...

Edited by user Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:00:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#139 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:59:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hoosierider1 Go to Quoted Post
Good idea Max, but this is the internet, we do things differently here.

Good luck with that!

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#140 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:10:12 AM(UTC)
I like the feature but this will not address rammers, if collision detection is involved in future they will probably resort to pitting people instead or nudging people out of track limits giving the victim a penalty. Have a system in place to find the rammers and only let them race each other.

As for track limits it's a very rare thing to find a driver who is fast and cuts. I actually find it quite funny watching them cut half of yas marina trying to keep up.
Honestly I don't see this as a big deal but I can see this being useful for my own development as a driver, punishing me for being too greedy with the curbs or running a little wide.

A welcome addition none the less but to teach people effectively this needs to trickle down into single player with options to disable it in free play or private lobbies only.

Edited by user Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:17:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#141 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:01:33 AM(UTC)
Come on Turn 10 at least let us know when you will be bringing this to the game its been complete silence since the announcement.
#142 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:58:04 AM(UTC)
Finally.... no walls.... bringing the beauty back to the tracks.... and I don't mind the time penalties in the races - you should give a way of working off the penalties like they do in GT Sport. Go away rammers - please add driver sportsmanship ratings and put the rammers in a lobby of their own. Next up - differentiating between incidental contact and outright ramming. I know that will be difficult but one thing at a time.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:00:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#143 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:37:24 AM(UTC)
I am looking at this positively with the track limits.

I think its a great thing overall and for the leaderboard ranking.

Only way to correct the rammers, start dishing out bans. Report gamertag with video. Then these race regulators can review. Then place bans on them from MP. I'm all for the 3 strikes rule, with the 3rd, legit, intentional ramming, a permanent ban from MP lobbies/leagues. Not just Gamertag bans. Mac address bans.

1st time 1-3 days depending on the incident.
2nd time 7 days depending on incident.
3rd time - Permanent
#144 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:58:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FIZZBOMB 0 Go to Quoted Post
Come on Turn 10 at least let us know when you will be bringing this to the game its been complete silence since the announcement.

Agreed.
 1 user liked this post.
#145 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:48:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FIZZBOMB 0 Go to Quoted Post

Well they cant really do it until the current bounty is finished can they
The boundaries in that are terrible

But hopefully something might get said in this weeks Week in Review
#146 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 5:12:08 AM(UTC)
I would love to know more about how it will work and a possible ETA.

If done in a good way, this could be one of the best additions to the franchise imo.
#147 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 6:40:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xGeoThumbs Go to Quoted Post

If done in a good way, this could be one of the best additions to the franchise imo.

I think it’s announced tonight on the Monday mixer stream
#148 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 6:55:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B4LTY Go to Quoted Post

Turn 10 haven't indicated what they'll be revealing on tonight's broadcast, other than "the great stuff coming to Forza Motorsport 7 in June"^.

We might get an update regarding Race Regulation, but it's best to not expect such an announcement in order to avoid disappointment. Probably best to go into this thinking that something is coming, but without assuming what that something could be.

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2018 7:00:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#149 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 7:36:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: B4LTY Go to Quoted Post

Turn 10 haven't indicated what they'll be revealing on tonight's broadcast, other than "the great stuff coming
Probably best to go into this thinking that something is coming, but without assuming what that something could be.

Wow PJ your like that grumpy old man in a Baloon Factory sticking pins in random Ballons just to defelate the joy some may get in antacipation of what may be only to have it blow up or defelate.👍👍😀.
 2 users liked this post.
#150 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 3:34:38 PM(UTC)
So in today's stream, they were saying how they don't want to rush this system, and that they want to gather enough feedback before putting it out.

This made me think how a separate test lobby with work in progress code for the penalty system would give them tons of feedback from us.

25 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error