This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
23 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#451 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:50:46 AM(UTC)
We all know this will be far from finished if it ever gets implemented, but could we atleast have something in the meantime? A test hopper with minimal regulation features, ANYTHING?!
 1 user liked this post.
#452 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:49:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PickLokc Go to Quoted Post
We all know this will be far from finished if it ever gets implemented, but could we atleast have something in the meantime? A test hopper with minimal regulation features, ANYTHING?!

good idea^

i think we're a ways off though. they still need to adjust some of the track limits too. it's been months since they had track limit visuals added and we still have some tracks where the natural race line can't be run cleanly (exs: prague chicane and vir...)

4 users liked this post.
#453 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:22:14 PM(UTC)
[/quote] I think this is possibly because Turn 10 still don't really know which direction to take the Motorsport series: More competitive racing, or more 'Car Culture' experience. I had previously thought the success of Horizons would solve this problem, but clearly it hasn't. In trying to please everyone, they're (rather unsurprisingly) struggling.[/quote]

Well said.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:23:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#454 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:51:44 PM(UTC)
The first (beta) hopper with Race Regulations could come as soon as March as just teased in the Forza Monthly stream :D

Their primary focus at first is on track cutting and penalties to fine tune those, with collision penalties following next. They apparently had some design breakthrough on that recently.

https://youtu.be/LFEeKhrkkjU?t=2792

Just the fact that they are actually getting ready to push this live in 1 or 2 months makes me really excited!

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 12:57:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#455 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 4:37:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xGeoThumbs Go to Quoted Post
The first (beta) hopper with Race Regulations could come as soon as March as just teased in the Forza Monthly stream :D

Their primary focus at first is on track cutting and penalties to fine tune those, with collision penalties following next. They apparently had some design breakthrough on that recently.

https://youtu.be/LFEeKhrkkjU?t=2792

Just the fact that they are actually getting ready to push this live in 1 or 2 months makes me really excited!

I wonder if it's good etiquette to cause some ruckus to help their testing?
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#456 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 7:21:29 PM(UTC)
Very excited for March. Can't wait honestly.
 3 users liked this post.
#457 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 7:51:18 PM(UTC)
Hopefully it's well implemented. I pretty much expect the person behind me to not brake in general lobbies at this point. I'm usually surprised when it doesn't happen.
 3 users liked this post.
#458 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:29:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
The first (beta) hopper with Race Regulations could come as soon as March as just teased in the Forza Monthly stream

Probably not but I think it would be a good idea to allow people to use Race Regulations in Private Lobbies, where people can smash each other without upsetting the general public.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:29:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

2 users liked this post.
#459 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:56:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
The first (beta) hopper with Race Regulations could come as soon as March as just teased in the Forza Monthly stream

Probably not but I think it would be a good idea to allow people to use Race Regulations in Private Lobbies, where people can smash each other without upsetting the general public.

I'll second that & maybe add it as an option for free play as well if we want to test it. I'd also love an incidents list, similar to F1 2018. That might help the Race Marshall's identify griefers & corner cutters easier.
 1 user liked this post.
#460 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:08:54 AM(UTC)
If they want to test cutting penalty they should test it in the ghost league. It is probably most egregious there. Half the people in Pinnacle, that is all they do.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:16:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#461 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:18:14 AM(UTC)
I agree with Leetorts here.
I am not the best at racing in a crowd so I choose ghost as I will not wreck anyone. I am fast and do pretty good especially on Ovals but I am not very good in a pack of cars. I try to hard to not crash someone...to the point of being in the way for giving too much room. It's disappointing to race as fast and as clean as I can and Finish 10th and find that I have the only clean lap. Probably why I finished so far back. Then I get docked league points for finishing so far back....shouldn't the corner cutters be the ones who get docked points and not the racers with clean laps that didn't cut corners. I understand it's faster to cut corners and you will also place better but it's not right forgone drivers who don't cut corners.
#462 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:23:15 AM(UTC)
I’m honestly very excited about a regulation hopper coming for feedback. I can’t wait to test this stuff out.
 3 users liked this post.
#463 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:31:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
It's disappointing to race as fast and as clean as I can and Finish 10th and find that I have the only clean lap. Probably why I finished so far back. Then I get docked league points for finishing so far back....shouldn't the corner cutters be the ones who get docked points and not the racers with clean laps that didn't cut corners. I understand it's faster to cut corners and you will also place better but it's not right forgone drivers who don't cut corners.

It's even worse than that. You get docked points in the NEXT race as well, because you'll start from the front of the grid, so even if you're good enough to finish first, you'll get fewer points than if you'd deliberately made every lap dirty and started lower down the grid, giving more points for places gained.

So I hope they not only penalise people in the current race but also fix the problem of the benefit gained in the following race if you dirty every lap.
#464 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:58:57 AM(UTC)
Just saying that also drafting dirties every lap, not only corner cutters so every lap dirty doesn't mean anyone is corner cutting..
#465 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:05:13 AM(UTC)
Not in a ghost lobby/league. There isn't any drafting.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:07:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#466 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:29:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Not in a ghost lobby/league. There isn't any drafting.

yeah right, sorry..

1 user liked this post.
#467 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 11:34:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DylanDrog Go to Quoted Post
Just saying that also drafting dirties every lap, not only corner cutters so every lap dirty doesn't mean anyone is corner cutting..

I think they should abolish this criterion of messing the lap time with drafting. After all, is not drafting part of the game? As I also think there should be bonuses for each Lap clean.

1 user liked this post.
#468 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 9:20:04 AM(UTC)
Why do I get the feeling that this regulation system won't change the rammer mentality.....If anything this system will just provide them with a penalty stat at the end of every race so they can brag about it to their other rammer friends lol I feel like if you are a consistent griefer you should at least be banned from online for 10-15 mins. That way most people that are just there to cause trouble will usually just run out of patience and either 1) learn to race cleanly or 2) stop playing.

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:24:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#469 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 12:24:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brazen XBL Go to Quoted Post
Why do I get the feeling that this regulation system won't change the rammer mentality......

You aren't the only one. Rammer mentality is not the reason of all evil but a consequence of Forza developers not drawing the line between it being a racing game and it being a sandbox for 10 yr olds. Title 'Motorsport' is very misguiding and to be honest I feel scammed. This is my first Forza Motorsport game and most likely the last one unless they take a strong course on MotorSPORT part like GT Sport developers did. I don't understand how previous FM owners could buy this game again instead of switching to GT Sport. No wonder we don't see any 'IMSA deal' content. It's like Rocket League making a deal with NASA. Joke.
#470 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:29:27 PM(UTC)
Where/When/What is going on?
#471 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:30:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ctdc67 Go to Quoted Post
Where/When/What is going on?

For race regulations?

Closed beta hopper in March.

Open beta hopper in April.

Read more here.

Flickr | 🇨🇦
#472 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 1:44:17 PM(UTC)
Thanks
#473 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:06:32 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Hi all, does anyone know when the FRR will be added to the game so we can enjoy the new rules in Championship and Free-play mode. Eagerly awaiting the new track layouts and rule set. I hear April for this but only notice a mention of hoppers which i'm not interested in at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Edited by user Friday, March 29, 2019 11:36:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#474 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 9:36:54 AM(UTC)
Why do you want it if you play single player??????
#475 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 9:41:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Braindead NL Go to Quoted Post
Why do you want it if you play single player??????

Why not????

Why do you reply to a topic without answering the question asked???? Kinda pointless isn't it?

Thanks though.
23 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error