This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
19 Pages<<1516171819PrevNext
#401 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:57:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
During their latest live stream they confirmed the Race Regulation System is coming between october and november

Are you referring to the latest ForzaMonthly, or another stream?

Yes september Forza Monthly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKSVmuiG0uE (@ 1:17:45...actually they don't say november, they just can't "promise" it for october)

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:02:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#402 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:11:22 AM(UTC)
I had watched this stream, but I don't remember them mentioning any time frame. As far as I can remember, they only said something like "We can't promise it's coming next month", which means it could be coming in October 2018 or in November 2018 or in July 2019
#403 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:28:32 AM(UTC)
It is what it is. They apologized, said it's taking them more than expected (it sure is...and they're also aware we're fed up of waiting, by reading the live chat and messages here plus fb and twitter), but after his statement they definitely can't postpone it to next year.
#404 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:12:08 AM(UTC)
but after his statement they definitely can't postpone it to next year.

I hope so.
#405 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:13:53 PM(UTC)
Track limit markers need to be removed...
From Prague Full during the last few turns, especially through that tight chicane that is approved at high speeds just before the approaching the last corner. This track limit is a waste of time and needs to be removed. Not even the drivatars seem to be getting right during races.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:15:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#406 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:54:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SimRacerQ Go to Quoted Post
Track limit markers need to be removed...
From Prague Full during the last few turns, especially through that tight chicane that is approved at high speeds just before the approaching the last corner. This track limit is a waste of time and needs to be removed. Not even the drivatars seem to be getting right during races.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

What is chicane for? Exactly, filter who is better, reduce, bypass the chicane and re-accelerate the car. I love the Rio, VIR, Prague, congratulations T10. For making the limits available to all, without secrets. And that wins the best, benefiting those who play clean, no crazy breaking everything and no corners cutter. I'm looking forward to going back to public lobbies!
 1 user liked this post.
#407 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:26:15 AM(UTC)
I'm surprised that there is no discussion about the "teaser" of race regulations system we got on last Forza Monthly stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkRpv2hCfs

From 41:45 onwards.

Anybody analyzed it to extract some conclussions and how the system will work? Any ideas?

My thoughts on the video:

- Tyre walls removed.
- Some kind of "warning level" with 3 tiers (at left of race timer).
- A timer in middle of the screen of how much time you have penalized (46 seconds on the start of that video).
- Then he rams a car and got 8 seconds of penalty which is added to penalty timer and race timer. Also increased the "warning" tier
- He cuts the chicane and got automatically disqualified (3hours penalty) and ghosted for the rest of the race.
- Most probably backmakers will be ghosted even if they are clean.

Really looks promising. Can't wait to see more.

PS: I hope that there will some kind of general racing level for the player. So for clean racers, can race with clean racers. And rammers got in lobbies with the rammers. Otherwise the system will be good but won't prevent the first turn massacre.

EDIT: In more depth I also have seen that in each tier there is a progression bar inside. So maybe you would get more time penalties the bigger is your warning altert.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:51:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#408 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:32:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised that there is no discussion about the "teaser" of race regulations system we got on last Forza Monthly stream.

From 4:45 onwards.

Anybody analyzed it to extract some conclussions and how the system will work? Any ideas?

- Tyre walls removed.
- A timer in middle of the screen of how much time you have penalized (46 seconds on the start of that video).
- Then he rams a car and got 8 seconds of penalty which is added to penalty timer and race timer. Also increased the "warning" tier
- He cuts the chicane and got automatically disqualified (3hours penalty) and ghosted for the rest of the race.

PS: I hope that there will some kind of general racing level for the player. So for clean racers, can race with clean racers. And rammers got in lobbies with the rammers. Otherwise the system will be good but won't prevent the first turn massacre.

One more thing, the distance ahead/behind markers are now directly above the players' cars instead of being in a sidebar.

Granted, this is all in development and subject to change, but I think the current system works better for one main reason: I can check the distances of cars behind me without having to look backwards. That way I can focus on the car(s) I am racing with while also getting a heads up on what's happening behind should any more cars join the battle.
#409 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:43:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
One more thing, the distance ahead/behind markers are now directly above the players' cars instead of being in a sidebar.

Granted, this is all in development and subject to change, but I think the current system works better for one main reason: I can check the distances of cars behind me without having to look backwards. That way I can focus on the car(s) I am racing with while also getting a heads up on what's happening behind should any more cars join the battle.

Didn't see that as I always play with minimal UI markers, including the distance ones. Good point.

1 user liked this post.
#410 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:20:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post

From 4:45 onwards.

- Tyre walls removed.

Wait wait wait... they're gonna remove the distance box from the left side of the screen??

They better not!!!!!!

#411 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:19:48 AM(UTC)
We don't know yet; we're only going off of what was on display in the development footage.

Since there was a Rewind message present it's implied that the footage was from Single Player, where the Distance Ahead/Behind HUD element is disabled by defaut.
#412 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:10:03 AM(UTC)
Regulations shortly behind? 5 months and no update for race regulation! Where is the update?
#413 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:58:32 AM(UTC)
They said not this month or Dec. Jan update the earliest I guess. Could be later.
 1 user liked this post.
#414 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:42:42 PM(UTC)
Quote:
The next episode of Forza Monthly will be broadcast live on Thursday, December 13. Yes, that’s the same day as the launch of the Fortune Island expansion for Forza Horizon 4 and, no, that’s not a coincidence. In addition to checking out Fortune Island with members of Playground Games, we’ll be diving deep into the upcoming Forza Race Regulations system in Forza Motorsport 7 with developers from Turn 10. We’ll also be looking at the December update for Forza Motorsport 7 as well and we’ll have a few surprises and special guests along the way. You can find the show on the Forza Mixer and Twitch channels, don’t miss it!

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_11_30_18
 1 user liked this post.
#415 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 12:37:45 PM(UTC)
isnt it about time that people who corner cut in multiplayer get punished for it? i am getting fed up with racing people who will do anything to win. ghost league, pinacle division should be the best drivers possible, but it is impossible to compete with constant corner cutters! sure enough they get a dirty laptime ... big deal, they still take the win and rob other clean racers of well earned points! it is about time forza addresses the situation of track limits with a penalty system. forzamotorsport 1 had penalty time added everytime a driver left the track, perhaps a 5 second penalty should be applied everytime ... maybe. something needs to be done
#416 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 12:49:40 PM(UTC)
You know they are adding a Penalty system soon. Watch the DEC Forza monthly for a sneak peak. Cutters will be finished.
https://www.youtube.com/...nue=1&v=oajxyjOBI00
Not sure the timestamp but after the H4 stuff

Edited by user Friday, December 14, 2018 12:53:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#417 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 7:02:14 PM(UTC)
I heard there's a penalty system coming to Forza 7? Is this true? Is Microsoft/Turn10 going for developers of the year or something? They are actually listening to the community , fixing problems, and making the game better? This is revolutionary. Who came up with this? Give whoever it was a raise. The force feedback upgrade has re-ignited my interest in the game. A penalty system (maybe) coming to multiplayer would do the same. This game would be extremely competitive along side other games if this were adopted. Racing should always be about competence and sportsmanship. Not ramming, wall riding and trollery. I would be more than happy to see the developers put their foot down and do what's right, I just hope I'm not hearing false rumors.
#418 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 9:37:23 PM(UTC)
Penalizing corner cutters is great, but some of the tracks need to be readdressed as far as boundaries go. Prague and Rio have annoying boundaries, but you can tell where they are. VIR has some really weird angled boundaries on the patriots that doesn't really make sense. One of the Daytona layouts you can absolutely not know where the boundary is without having the guidelines on. This one needs to be fixed.
#419 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
Yes they are working on it, penalty system was presented on stream in last forza monthly. According to what was said on that stream, they take it seriously and plan to create robust system which they want to maintain and adjust over time, based on community feedback.
#420 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 4:33:51 AM(UTC)
I don't wanna go through 20+ minutes of video to find the answer to this.
Can someone please tell me if they're gonna slow down and ghost crashers for the full race or are they just gonna give time penalty at the end of it??
#421 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 6:48:57 AM(UTC)
I don't wanna go through 20+ minutes of video to find the answer to this.
Can someone please tell me if they're gonna slow down and ghost crashers for the full race or are they just gonna give time penalty at the end of it??

Seemed like they weren't 100% sure yet. They mentioned power cuts as a possibility.

It showed a time penalty and a sort of "naughtiness meter." The higher your naughtiness meter, the bigger the penalty, and if you fill it past level 3 you get disqualified. It looked like the disqualified guy was ghosted for the rest of the race, but then in the next race he was still showing as "DSQ" but was solid again... Probably a glitch with the dev build since it was kinda raw.
#422 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 7:58:31 AM(UTC)
Thanks

1 user liked this post.
#423 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:56:22 AM(UTC)
I hope the system anounced in forza monthly will not come in this way. What most people hate in RL are results that come from the geen table after the event. The order in which the drives cross the finishline has to represent the race result. It also doesn't help if a driver doesn't let you pass and knocks you off the track each time you try - yes he gets penalties and at the end he's behind you but your race is ruined, you coudn't go for a better position .... the penaltys have to be executed during the race, not afterwards. thats my opinion.
 1 user liked this post.
#424 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:26:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cugan67 Go to Quoted Post
I hope the system anounced in forza monthly will not come in this way. What most people hate in RL are results that come from the geen table after the event. The order in which the drives cross the finishline has to represent the race result. It also doesn't help if a driver doesn't let you pass and knocks you off the track each time you try - yes he gets penalties and at the end he's behind you but your race is ruined, you coudn't go for a better position .... the penaltys have to be executed during the race, not afterwards. thats my opinion.

Damn right. Crasher acts like a **** in-race since the beginning? He gets ghosted and slowed down so he can't ruin the race for anybody else. Eventually he will quit, and will be matched only with people like him.
It's really that simple.
A crasher couldn't care less about race results!!
Now it's up to T10 to figure out with all their algorithms which are the intentional ramming/bumping and which are not.

Edited by user Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:38:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#425 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 12:19:12 PM(UTC)
I agree. In race penalties combined with optional ghost of rear markers pretty much puts a practical end to the morons. If they really only have one chance at interference, and as soon as everyone gets by them ONE TIME, their game is over, then being the stupid zero attention span tweener morons that they are, they will quickly lose interest in investing their time to get that short moment of mayhem. And even if they don't get away, it wouldn't be nearly so horrible if you had to sacrifice that first event to get on to a good race.

The Ghost function clearly exists and works, and it clearly knows what lap each car is on, so the only effort is adding an option to allow game config to ghost back markers. The only time I can see that you would want to turn this off is with endurance races (and maybe multi-class) where dealing with less skilled/slower back markers is an integral part of the experience. Maybe for RC and league as well, but the point is it needs to be an option that is on by default.

Race penalties applied in race is a tougher nut. Obviously needs to wait for the penalty system, which is clearly and understandably very complicated. But it certainly feels like the right application as described above. The flip side is that depending on how/where they are applied, the penalty could wash over onto other players nearby, which should clearly be avoided as much as possible.

But automatic "griefing" detection and response is much harder still, particularly since anything less than perfection is going to have marginal players, or even good players making a mistake (or being nudged into one) and unfortunately tripping the sensor, screaming of unfair treatment and associated bad press.

But just ghosting back markers alone is very simple solution that eliminates most of the worst problem. The problem with this is that the trash has mommy buying their games for them (a reasonable assumption since they clearly lack any motivation for investment in positive growth). And that's money going toward the bottom line that directly impacts success metrics and compensation of T10 executives. They don't want to be faced with losing those sales, or negative reviews. That and that alone can be the ONLY reason this hasn't been implemented.

The second problem is the unskilled cutters and dive bombers that think they've accomplished something by getting good times far exceeding their skill. The penalties WILL help with that one since they actually do have some level of attention span and a desire to place better. At least it places some corrective pressure on those people who are trying to at least place well.
19 Pages<<1516171819PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error