This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages<<151617Prev
#401 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:57:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
During their latest live stream they confirmed the Race Regulation System is coming between october and november

Are you referring to the latest ForzaMonthly, or another stream?

Yes september Forza Monthly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKSVmuiG0uE (@ 1:17:45...actually they don't say november, they just can't "promise" it for october)

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:02:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#402 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:11:22 AM(UTC)
I had watched this stream, but I don't remember them mentioning any time frame. As far as I can remember, they only said something like "We can't promise it's coming next month", which means it could be coming in October 2018 or in November 2018 or in July 2019
#403 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:28:32 AM(UTC)
It is what it is. They apologized, said it's taking them more than expected (it sure is...and they're also aware we're fed up of waiting, by reading the live chat and messages here plus fb and twitter), but after his statement they definitely can't postpone it to next year.
#404 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:12:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
but after his statement they definitely can't postpone it to next year.

I hope so.
#405 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:13:53 PM(UTC)
Track limit markers need to be removed...
From Prague Full during the last few turns, especially through that tight chicane that is approved at high speeds just before the approaching the last corner. This track limit is a waste of time and needs to be removed. Not even the drivatars seem to be getting right during races.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:15:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#406 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:54:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SimRacerQ Go to Quoted Post
Track limit markers need to be removed...
From Prague Full during the last few turns, especially through that tight chicane that is approved at high speeds just before the approaching the last corner. This track limit is a waste of time and needs to be removed. Not even the drivatars seem to be getting right during races.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

What is chicane for? Exactly, filter who is better, reduce, bypass the chicane and re-accelerate the car. I love the Rio, VIR, Prague, congratulations T10. For making the limits available to all, without secrets. And that wins the best, benefiting those who play clean, no crazy breaking everything and no corners cutter. I'm looking forward to going back to public lobbies!
 1 user liked this post.
#407 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:26:15 AM(UTC)
I'm surprised that there is no discussion about the "teaser" of race regulations system we got on last Forza Monthly stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkRpv2hCfs

From 41:45 onwards.

Anybody analyzed it to extract some conclussions and how the system will work? Any ideas?

My thoughts on the video:

- Tyre walls removed.
- Some kind of "warning level" with 3 tiers (at left of race timer).
- A timer in middle of the screen of how much time you have penalized (46 seconds on the start of that video).
- Then he rams a car and got 8 seconds of penalty which is added to penalty timer and race timer. Also increased the "warning" tier
- He cuts the chicane and got automatically disqualified (3hours penalty) and ghosted for the rest of the race.
- Most probably backmakers will be ghosted even if they are clean.

Really looks promising. Can't wait to see more.

PS: I hope that there will some kind of general racing level for the player. So for clean racers, can race with clean racers. And rammers got in lobbies with the rammers. Otherwise the system will be good but won't prevent the first turn massacre.

EDIT: In more depth I also have seen that in each tier there is a progression bar inside. So maybe you would get more time penalties the bigger is your warning altert.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:51:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#408 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:32:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised that there is no discussion about the "teaser" of race regulations system we got on last Forza Monthly stream.

From 4:45 onwards.

Anybody analyzed it to extract some conclussions and how the system will work? Any ideas?

- Tyre walls removed.
- A timer in middle of the screen of how much time you have penalized (46 seconds on the start of that video).
- Then he rams a car and got 8 seconds of penalty which is added to penalty timer and race timer. Also increased the "warning" tier
- He cuts the chicane and got automatically disqualified (3hours penalty) and ghosted for the rest of the race.

PS: I hope that there will some kind of general racing level for the player. So for clean racers, can race with clean racers. And rammers got in lobbies with the rammers. Otherwise the system will be good but won't prevent the first turn massacre.

One more thing, the distance ahead/behind markers are now directly above the players' cars instead of being in a sidebar.

Granted, this is all in development and subject to change, but I think the current system works better for one main reason: I can check the distances of cars behind me without having to look backwards. That way I can focus on the car(s) I am racing with while also getting a heads up on what's happening behind should any more cars join the battle.
#409 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:43:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
One more thing, the distance ahead/behind markers are now directly above the players' cars instead of being in a sidebar.

Granted, this is all in development and subject to change, but I think the current system works better for one main reason: I can check the distances of cars behind me without having to look backwards. That way I can focus on the car(s) I am racing with while also getting a heads up on what's happening behind should any more cars join the battle.

Didn't see that as I always play with minimal UI markers, including the distance ones. Good point.

1 user liked this post.
#410 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:20:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post

From 4:45 onwards.

- Tyre walls removed.

Wait wait wait... they're gonna remove the distance box from the left side of the screen??

They better not!!!!!!

#411 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:19:48 AM(UTC)
We don't know yet; we're only going off of what was on display in the development footage.

Since there was a Rewind message present it's implied that the footage was from Single Player, where the Distance Ahead/Behind HUD element is disabled by defaut.
#412 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:10:03 AM(UTC)
Regulations shortly behind? 5 months and no update for race regulation! Where is the update?
#413 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:58:32 AM(UTC)
They said not this month or Dec. Jan update the earliest I guess. Could be later.
17 Pages<<151617Prev

Notification

Icon
Error