This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages<<14151617PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#376 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:01:48 PM(UTC)
Hello,

I used to love racing leagues but it's kinda boring now as anyskill level driver can make it to the top tier.

I'm wondering when race regulations are coming and will it be in leagues.

GT Sport has a great multiplayer league system where drivers are matched against there results and clean driving.

Please hurry to bring in this feature.

Cheers
 2 users liked this post.
#377 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:19:37 PM(UTC)
I assume they will be dropped back once they can't cut half the track. I hope it's in leagues. Really needs it. Tired of every bad driver that gets behind me cutting everything they can. Stay in Elite if you can't handle it. If you aren't interested in racing against faster people so you can actually improve yourself what is the point of being in Pinnacle? I can assume it's even worse in the lower tiers. If they put half the effort of learning where to cut into learning the track that might help. I don't know how anyone who cuts expects to get better that way. Just stupid.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:25:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#378 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:47:23 PM(UTC)
It's most likely going to be at least another couple of updates (so another couple of months at least). Watch the VOD of yesterday's Forza Monthly stream. Chris Esaski speaks on that topic and why it's taking them so long to implement.
 1 user liked this post.
#379 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:33:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I assume they will be dropped back once they can't cut half the track. I hope it's in leagues. Really needs it. Tired of every bad driver that gets behind me cutting everything they can. Stay in Elite if you can't handle it. If you aren't interested in racing against faster people so you can actually improve yourself what is the point of being in Pinnacle? I can assume it's even worse in the lower tiers. If they put half the effort of learning where to cut into learning the track that might help. I don't know how anyone who cuts expects to get better that way. Just stupid.

The bands in leagues really only represent how much time you have played, Pinnacle vs Elite has basically nothing to do with skill level or whether people want to get faster or race seriously. You can't just "stay" in a lower band either, without deliberately losing points by tanking races (and even that doesn't always work, a friend in Pinnacle tried to drop back to race with his friend, and even finishing last he was gaining 2-5 points because of opponent difficulty).
 1 user liked this post.
#380 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:40:46 AM(UTC)
I know T10 are working very hard to get this Regulation system working, but we need it so bad. Had 2 crashers in my races last night. Once we finally got them kicked, the races were much better and really fun! Had a couple good battles and many embarrassing defeats but at least I knew they were because I was a bad driver and not because some immature dolt decided I would be his plaything for the entire race.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:41:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#381 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:43:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
I know T10 are working very hard to get this Regulation system working, but we need it so bad. Had 2 crashers in my races last night. Once we finally got them kicked, the races were much better and really fun! Had a couple good battles and many embarrassing defeats but at least I knew they were because I was a bad driver and not because some immature dolt decided I would be his plaything for the entire race.

So I think punishment for bad players has to be severe enough that they do not return to online play until they learn rules of good conduct. Yesterday I was in Monza, and I counted, we were in double row, there was no way to overtake, the guy from behind beat me eight times until I got out of the race track. I did not waste time doing replay to report it. It would suffice a box drive thru so it was solved.
 2 users liked this post.
#382 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:28:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PapisLeal Go to Quoted Post

So I think punishment for bad players has to be severe enough that they do not return to online play until they learn rules of good conduct. Yesterday I was in Monza, and I counted, we were in double row, there was no way to overtake, the guy from behind beat me eight times until I got out of the race track. I did not waste time doing replay to report it. It would suffice a box drive thru so it was solved.

Damn right. I am sick and tired!
They deserve to have a speed limit for the entire duration of the race and to be ghosted.
After that they should be put in "special" lobbies full of other "special" little individuals.

Let the clean racers be matched with other clean racers!!

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:13:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#383 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:04:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post

Damn right. I am sick and tired
They deserve to and have a speed limit for the entire duration of the race and to be ghosted.
After that they should be put in "special" lobbies full of other "special" little individuals.

Let the clean races be matched with other clean racers!!

I agree but don't think they will make it this severe because they don't want to lose customers ($$$$$$$). Maybe we'll get lucky and they will!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:04:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
#384 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:09:44 AM(UTC)

So I think punishment for bad players has to be severe enough that they do not return to online play until they learn rules of good conduct.

Punishment alone will not solve the fundamental problem of people not being skilful or respectful enough to race in a sportsmanlike manner online.

Some form of in-game system which educates players on the "preferred way to play" would also help. If players still don't treat others with respect despite this being presented to them then by all means punish them, but it is not right to punish people for unwritten rules as the game does not clearly state that "crashing into other people is bad and you should feel bad for doing it".

Gran Turismo Sport does this well, and while the Multiplayer experience is not perfect it at least makes sense. As a player I can tell what the game expects of me and then get rewarded/penalised accordingly for my actions.
 1 user liked this post.
#385 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:20:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JoeDiesle Go to Quoted Post
I agree but don't think they will make it this severe because they don't want to lose customers ($$$$$$$). Maybe we'll get lucky and they will!!!!

Are you sure about that? Because people keep coming here saying that Forza is losing players to Gran Turismo because of the penalty system, which over there includes matchmaking.

The online is chaos, this is not up to debate, it's a fact. Rammers, people who feel like taking revenge because of contact, corner cutters (which to this day do not lose points in Ghost leagues), and so on.

However, T10 knows they have to absolutely nail this stuff. If they release it too early, this is what's gonna happen: they'll have a flawed system, people will make videos of comparisons, YouTube trolls who never play any games as much as we do are gonna shout "bruh Gran Turismo does it SOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111", word will spread and people are less likely to give it a try. Yes, this is what happens. I'd say about 95% of the racing games community is littered with this drivel, which is why I tend to get defensive against GT and AC fanboys. If they dish out damage, whether aggressively or carefully-worded, they should absolutely expect people who play and enjoy Forza, Project CARS, Raceroom or whatever else to hit them back with the same harsh tone.

Furthermore, a system like this one they're trying to implement requires consistency and they simply can't afford to release a poorly tested penalty system only to change it two months later. There are people here complaining that Sebring's limits aren't lifelike (they aren't) and the chicane limits in fictional tracks are too tight. These changes are not as easy to make as people think, as they require leaderboard resets, as was done when Time Attack was introduced in the first place.

Whenever Forza attempts something serious, it's looked down upon in a way we just don't see with Gran Turismo. This annoys me. A lot. People just cut too much slack to Kaz these days, even after two subpar entries and another one that came out in a very barebones way. Meanwhile, T10 has decided to abandon FM8 for now in order to make FM7 right, which was a bold move from them with all the negative publicity they got from press and internet trolls alike. They're far from perfect, but at least they're now in the right path.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:23:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#386 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 1:41:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure about that? Because people keep coming here saying that Forza is losing players to Gran Turismo because of the penalty system, which over there includes matchmaking.

The online is chaos, this is not up to debate, it's a fact. Rammers, people who feel like taking revenge because of contact, corner cutters (which to this day do not lose points in Ghost leagues), and so on.

However, T10 knows they have to absolutely nail this stuff. If they release it too early, this is what's gonna happen: they'll have a flawed system, people will make videos of comparisons, YouTube trolls who never play any games as much as we do are gonna shout "bruh Gran Turismo does it SOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111", word will spread and people are less likely to give it a try.

Whenever Forza attempts something serious, it's looked down upon in a way we just don't see with Gran Turismo. This annoys me. A lot. People just cut too much slack to Kaz these days, even after two subpar entries and another one that came out in a very barebones way. Meanwhile, T10 has decided to abandon FM8 for now in order to make FM7 right, which was a bold move from them with all the negative publicity they got from press and internet trolls alike. They're far from perfect, but at least they're now in the right path.

FM7 certainly loses online players to GT Sport, but it's probably a very small amount and not really that big of a deal (supposedly something around 75% of GTS owners haven't even played Sport Mode). The majority of players in most racing games are single players. GT Sport is supposed to be an online focused game and it's the one thing it really nails, they are games that are focused at completely different things.

GTS got a lot of flak on launch aswell and still does to a certain degree, so I don't think it was given much slack
#387 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 10:50:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

So I think punishment for bad players has to be severe enough that they do not return to online play until they learn rules of good conduct.

Punishment alone will not solve the fundamental problem of people not being skilful or respectful enough to race in a sportsmanlike manner online.

Some form of in-game system which educates players on the "preferred way to play" would also help. If players still don't treat others with respect despite this being presented to them then by all means punish them, but it is not right to punish people for unwritten rules as the game does not clearly state that "crashing into other people is bad and you should feel bad for doing it".

Gran Turismo Sport does this well, and while the Multiplayer experience is not perfect it at least makes sense. As a player I can tell what the game expects of me and then get rewarded/penalised accordingly for my actions.

Maybe you did not understand what I meant. You spoke of a kind of punishment that already exists effectively, I have three friends who took 30 days of banning the multiplayer for having used the anti-game. This should not even happen, be banned. If there was an anti-gambling penalty in the rules. For example pass through the forced box, if the beat takes someone out of the game. Or punishment of 1s forcing the car to idle, etc. From the video I saw on penalties, this seems plausible. Estaptions end up discouraging bad players, as well as those who get in the way of lack of experience, and run all the time as if they were in a Spanish bullfight.
#388 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 7:38:16 PM(UTC)

What money do you think T10 gets per race? Banning griefers doesn't cost anything.
 2 users liked this post.
#389 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:07:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Janis Petke FIN Go to Quoted Post

What money do you think T10 gets per race? Banning griefers doesn't cost anything.

They dont make money per race,,,,but they lose money when someone decides to not buy the game. And if these people who like to ruin the games for others cant do that anymore then they wont buy the game = lost money for T-10.
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
 2 users liked this post.
#390 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:18:11 AM(UTC)

Who are the griefers? Casual gamers. You probably don't know it but casual gamers are a very big portion of Turn10 customers.
If casual gamers see penalties in Forza 7, and even get suspended, they probably won't buy Forza 8 because they know they can't do whatever they want anymore.

Still, I'm glad T10 finally decided to bring the race regulation system. A game changer. It's time to teach some people how to behave on track and respect opponents.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:20:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#391 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:31:44 AM(UTC)

They dont make money per race,,,,but they lose money when someone decides to not buy the game. And if these people who like to ruin the games for others cant do that anymore then they wont buy the game = lost money for T-10.

They have bought it already. Or had got for xmas present from parents.
 3 users liked this post.
#392 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 2:36:28 AM(UTC)

They have bought it already. Or had got for xmas present from parents.

Soon FM7 will have the race regulation system = kids crashing will notice it and lose interest in FM cause they can't crash others without consequences anymore = if they don't want to adapt, they (their parents) won't buy FM8 since from now on all FM titles will include the race regulation system for clean racing.

And that's a good thing.

Let them play on Forza Horizon and leave FM in peace.

Edited by user Sunday, September 23, 2018 2:37:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#393 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:47:11 AM(UTC)
I get it, updates take time. Game development takes time. But like I've stated in the title, It's been nearly 4 months since Turn 10 announced they are finally going to implement some sort of penalty system into the game and all we got so far is a track limits update which hardly affects the gameplay of online racing. Literally ANY changes they can make to enforce proper racing would be an improvement over what the current state of the game is.

For example, if a driver missed his braking point going into a corner (which seems to already be calculated based on how the racing line dynamically changes to tell you when to brake), GHOST THEM OUT. That would fix 70-80% of all issues faced when racing online. Same goes for back markers. It still baffles me how Turn 10 still hasn't ghosted them out.

I really hope we get some more news regarding the penalty system soon. I love Forza but these issues have been going on for far too long.
 1 user liked this post.
#394 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:54:21 AM(UTC)
Also, how hard is it to implement a checkpoint system (like in the horizon series) on each corner of the tracks? If you don't go through the checkpoint flags/pylons on the corner, it counts as cutting the track and give the driver a timed penalty. It seems like such an easy fix and would literally eliminate corner cutting....sure people could still do it but there would no longer be a reward for it.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 6:54:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#395 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:42:38 AM(UTC)
Brazen unfortunately I think the vast majority of forzamotorsport players are not interested in having a game more aimed at simulation and fair competition. Most prefer the Mario kart way we currently have. Just see how many replies this topic will have
#396 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:40:39 AM(UTC)
It won't come before the RC is finished. It will happen just be patient.
#397 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 11:49:02 AM(UTC)
I think a lot of people are looking for clean, fair racing. This is not supposed to be an arcade despite what some think. For arcade go for FH.
I also want penalties but considering how much of our wishes are implemented, I'm not holding breath. It seems drag racing is the flavour of the day lately, which is mostly popular with phone games.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 11:51:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#398 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:07:55 PM(UTC)
They confirmed multiple times that it is coming. They can't just all the sudden have penalties in the finals of the RC. Believe me I want them. The cutting is so annoying in the leagues. I would like to play collisions on but I just give up until this system is implemented. So I'm waiting too

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 12:09:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#399 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:09:56 PM(UTC)
During their latest live stream they confirmed the Race Regulation System is coming...in the upcoming months

EDIT: they didn't say november, they just said they can't promise it for october.

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:09:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#400 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 2:29:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
During their latest live stream they confirmed the Race Regulation System is coming between october and november

Are you referring to the latest ForzaMonthly, or another stream?
17 Pages<<14151617PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error