This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages123>>Next
 14 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:19:25 PM(UTC)
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_5_18_18
Quote:
Race Regulations
You’ve wanted it, we’ve wanted it, and now it’s on its way. Yesterday we announced our upcoming race regulations system (colloquially known around the community as a “player penalty system”).

The new system – which is still in development and will be rolled out in several stages – is being designed not just as a tool to deal with griefers but also as a method of teaching players of all skill levels what is and what is not allowed online in a Forza race. It’s one of the reasons I’m so excited for this feature to come into the game – we want to make all Forza Motorsport players better racers.

The system starts with our new and improved track limits system. The team has gone through every track and ribbon in Forza Motorsport 7 and rebuilt track limits by hand. Our goal is to bring consistency and predictability to track limits across the board. We’re also giving players more visibility into those track limits, with a new option that illuminates track edges and will give players a color-coded warning when they’re getting close to the edge.

Admittedly we didn’t have a lot of time to explain the details of the race regulations system in yesterday’s show segment. I know that the community is hotly anticipating more details on the race regulation system and rest assured we’ll have more to share in the future. It’s a common refrain you hear from me but it fits here: stay tuned for more as we have lots to share.

Previewed in the third episode of #InsideXbox: "...our Race Regulations system, which will be part of the game, sort of rolling out over the next few months."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1ROswKEuQ

Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post
Track limits coming first.. Everyone has to learn the new track boundaries. Race Regulations will come shortly behind, that will handle penalties and what not. More info coming in the future.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:09:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:29:57 PM(UTC)
According to Mechberg they've redrawn all limits by hand, that's very interesting.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:31:48 PM(UTC)
I wonder if this means current leaderboards will be wiped? I was trying to watch the stream but it kept freezing for me, so sorry if it was mentioned.
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:38:16 PM(UTC)
I really, really, really hope they get rid of all those tire bundels, as they've actually shown during the Inside Xbox show.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:38:20 PM(UTC)
I also see the word "penalty" in the top left corner, which could prove interesting. I don't race online more than to complete a weekly league race, so it doesn't make much difference for me, but I believe that is something people have been asking for to address the rammers for quite some time. Glad to see it.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:44:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScoobsMcGee82 Go to Quoted Post
I also see the word "penalty" in the top left corner, which could prove interesting. I don't race online more than to complete a weekly league race, so it doesn't make much difference for me, but I believe that is something people have been asking for to address the rammers for quite some time. Glad to see it.

Also, visual indicators denoting collisions between cars briefly appeared on screen. I think that may have been a debug screen for a more thorough Race Reg system in the style of GT Sport's and iRacing penalty systems, that we may see implemented in the following months (and may become a "standard feature" of FM in the years to come). Hopefully we will get more info soon?

There is also hope that the implementation of hand-drawn track limits and a penalty system may finally lead to a FM7 free of sticky grass and needlessly dangerous tire walls.
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:45:39 PM(UTC)

Seems their heavy promotion of e-sports will trickle down to the customers... which is always a good thing.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 12 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:48:51 PM(UTC)
"Here at T10 we recognize that there is a big difference in player skill in multiplayer and we are aware of griefers. So to help fix this we've completely redrawn the track limits for every ribbon!"

...how does that stop griefers in any way? New track limits won't stop people from cutting and it does nothing to combat wreckers even though Mechburg said that it was designed for that purpose. Am I missing something here?
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:56:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FTR Cervy Go to Quoted Post
Am I missing something here?

We're missing the details, which will start with tomorrow's Week in Review and will continue "rolling out in the next few months."

7 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:06:04 PM(UTC)
If limits are redrawn for all ribbons then boards have to be wiped entirely, or its for naught. Do it!
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:06:21 PM(UTC)
The idea behind those drawn track limits is great and Monza looks way better without the stupid tire walls everywhere. But there has to be a penalty system coming with this. Otherwise it won't change much for online racing.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:18:41 PM(UTC)
Collision detection looks promising. But I'm not sure if it could differentiate between an actual collision or a lag bump. There's times where small bumps get amplified for the player getting hit and sometimes the player that hit them didn't even touch their car.

There's definitely some challenges to note of but nevertheless, I'm happy to see the initiative to push Forza towards a more mature and professional mindset.
 13 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:19:07 PM(UTC)
Track limits coming first.. Everyone has to learn the new track boundaries. Race Regulations will come shortly behind, that will handle penalties and what not. More info coming in the future.
 4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:22:28 PM(UTC)
As long as this is optional for single player, it's ok. I dont want to see esports changing the way single player is handled.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:22:39 PM(UTC)
Not at all excited by this.
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:24:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClydeYellow Go to Quoted Post

Also, visual indicators denoting collisions between cars briefly appeared on screen. I think that may have been a debug screen for a more thorough Race Reg system in the style of GT Sport's and iRacing penalty systems, that we may see implemented in the following months (and may become a "standard feature" of FM in the years to come). Hopefully we will get more info soon?

There is also hope that the implementation of hand-drawn track limits and a penalty system may finally lead to a FM7 free of sticky grass and needlessly dangerous tire walls.

That was simply the collision system that let's the data know which way to make the car spin etc when it's been hit.
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:26:53 PM(UTC)

The penalty is effectively a dirty lap or they could program it for a time penalty..
 3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:29:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FIZZBOMB 0 Go to Quoted Post

The penalty is effectively a dirty lap or they could program it for a time penalty..

FM2 was time penalty, otherwise known as redtime. It just leads to people seeing who can cut best and pick up the least amount of time.
 3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:30:19 PM(UTC)
I've added the replay video in the first post. You can see "time credit" accumulating time penalty, and also an increase in penalty points.
 4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:30:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
As long as this is optional for single player, it's ok. I dont want to see esports changing the way single player is handled.

I would hope that track boundaries apply to single player as well

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite 😠😠
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:31:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Previewed in the third episode of #InsideXbox: "...our Race Regulations system, which will be part of the game, sort of rolling out over the next few months."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1ROswKEuQ
  • The first stage is Track Limits: "We've completely rewritten the limits of every track, hand drawn those limits."
  • Track limits feature illuminates the boundaries (and is shown changing color) to teach drivers what is on and what is off.
  • Info in the upper right of the screen shows accumulated time penalty, and points.
  • "You can toggle this on and off."

Beyond track limits:
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

Should have been in the game from launch but I'm not complaining I hope it curbs the rammers.
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:32:16 PM(UTC)
Yes!!

Thank you Turn 10 - this is an awesome addition/announcement!!!!!

Would you also please wipe all the current Leaderboards so they will reflect this fantastic new feature(s).

Oh, and the drag racing!!! THANK YOU TURN 10!! (so happy and excited, be just downright fantastic when the new Drag Racing feature is tested and implemented into Multiplayer)

Yay!!!! :) :)

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:51:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:37:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I've added the replay video in the first post. You can see "time credit" accumulating time penalty, and also an increase in penalty points.

Ta. Interesting. nvm, it clicked. Dirty for lapping. Time penalty for racing.

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:38:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:50:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
I very much agree.

I am totally not a fan of esports. If these changes are mandatory in single player, well then thats it for me. I will then just stick with the Horizon series, unless they mess that up too.

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:51:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:57:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Not at all excited by this.

Go away, rammer.
17 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error