14 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:23:02 PM(UTC)
Soo... where's the Indycar guys' laptimes? I added them and still don't see them on my friend leaderboard.

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 9:23:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:30:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChristinaRacing Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HipHopHead80 Go to Quoted Post
OK, someone give me some tips for the oval. I'm usually around top 5% when these are all said and done but after about 30 laps I'm sitting at top 60%. I'm obviously missing something.

To be quite frank there really isn't much that can be done. I am assuming you're playing with a pad controller. That being said, having a wheel would be one advantage. Lifting the throttle at the precise time to keep from bouncing off the rev-limiter would also help. I haven't personally dug into this Oval Challenge much, only throwing down a few laps yesterday. What I know for sure is that your line on the track will mean everything in relation to your overall lap time. Unlike Road Courses where you can afford to lose some time in certain parts only to make it up and then some in other parts of the track. Here every tiny, almost unmeasurable input you make is going to have some effect on your lap time, hence why so much harder with pad than wheel.

Try adjusting your dead zones for the steering inputs. Make note when to lift the throttle and pay very close attention to your lines on the track. Like I said I haven't put many laps in yet but I have a feeling being extremely close to the wall , much like the real INDYCARS do at time trials is going to be key in keeping your overall speed at a maximum, which will be tough to do with a pad controller.

When its all said and done good lap times and bad lap times aren't going to be separated by much more then a few tenths of second. You can lose tenths far more easily with nervous steering inputs than you would think. The worst part about that is once you lost them on a given lap you are never getting them back like you can on a Road Course. Your entry speed into your set up lap also plays a huge determining factor, more so than any Road Course lap.

Hope some of this helps and good luck.

Generally agree with this, but I personally can't be bothered to mess with my controller settings for one event.

I suggest spending a bit of time just running flat out and working on taking a smooth arc through the corners before you worry about lifting to keep from hitting the limiter. That extra bit of speed on entry won't matter much if you are just scrubbing it all off mid-corner. In general, you want to be moving the stick as little as possible and still make the corner. Any unnecessary extra steering angle scrubs speed, and a lot of extra steering angle can even require more steering input to correct, which can cost even more speed.

Once you settle into a rhythm and feel comfortable with the steering input for the corners, then you can turn your attention to managing the throttle when you get near the limiter.

You can't get extremely close to the wall though. The hitbox on the Indy car is wider than the car is, so you have to give the walls some room. I had a pretty nice positive lap going that would have been my PB if I hadn't rubbed the wall on the exit of 4... Even though my car was probably 10 in-game inches from the wall... Obviously quite frustrating.

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 10:31:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:38:23 PM(UTC)
Turn 7 tyre wall problem could have been solved simply by using the F1 layout. Yes I know the Indy cars don't use that one...

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 10:42:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:39:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chief Tokembowl Go to Quoted Post
Soo... where's the Indycar guys' laptimes? I added them and still don't see them on my friend leaderboard.

as with ALL other bounties they haven't set them yet, none have ever been set when the event launched , usually give them a few days and they wont set a final time until just before the event ends in a few weeks anyway
just do your best and hope they don't beat it, not much else you can do anyway
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 1:41:22 AM(UTC)
Well the new Indy GP circuit seems really poorly put together by T10. There are 4 points where you need to cut corners in FM7 to get a fast time.

I'm in the top 8% because I'm proceeding on the assumption T10 will do nothing about it. I'd love to be proven wrong by T10 invalidating the lap times of everyone that abuses track limits and have to set a real clean time, but I don't expect that to happen.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
 2 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:11:46 AM(UTC)
OK, someone give me some tips for the oval. I'm usually around top 5% when these are all said and done but after about 30 laps I'm sitting at top 60%. I'm obviously missing something.

Try using the telemetry to see throttle pressure and lift slightly before rev banging.
That being said, I decided to hook up my wheel for this event and it makes it so much easier to be smooth.
#82 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:18:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
Well the new Indy GP circuit seems really poorly put together by T10. There are 4 points where you need to cut corners in FM7 to get a fast time.

I'm in the top 8% because I'm proceeding on the assumption T10 will do nothing about it. I'd love to be proven wrong by T10 invalidating the lap times of everyone that abuses track limits and have to set a real clean time, but I don't expect that to happen.

Well IMHO as long as the person doesn't not down the tire barrier its a clean lap.... the top Hard Core driver smashes the tires in T1 and T7 which is certainly unrealistic. Race drivers will push the track limits and like I said as long as the tire barriers are not cut through its a clean lap.... IMHO.

2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:25:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chief Tokembowl Go to Quoted Post

as with ALL other bounties they haven't set them yet, none have ever been set when the event launched , usually give them a few days and they wont set a final time until just before the event ends in a few weeks anyway
just do your best and hope they don't beat it, not much else you can do anyway

Word. Thanks man. There's little chance that they will set times today I would think, they got a real race to run. Hopefully they'll set some by early next week.

1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:16:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST DeathGrips Go to Quoted Post

Try using the telemetry to see throttle pressure and lift slightly before rev banging.
That being said, I decided to hook up my wheel for this event and it makes it so much easier to be smooth.

I set up my deadzones for the steering to 3-100 giving me as much room to steer as possible. Ran a 38.3 as improvement from the 38.4 on the standard controller settings. I don't see a 38.2 unless I have hours to spend perfecting Turn 1, the place where I lose all my time.
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:53:25 AM(UTC)
I am horrible at ovals and my 38:6xx proves it. I just can't be smooth enough with a controller and have no wheel. I can hold my speed at 381/382 at the straights with throttle control but my steering inputs are way to hectic and I am losing ~1 tenth per turn.

Really disappointing because I want that Nismo IDx so badly.

The other challenge is just horrible due to how T10 designed the track. You have to crash into the tire barriers on purpose to give you more room in succeeding laps. Track limits? Never heard of. I am now on a "clean" 09:5xx but it just doesn't feel right.

Edited by user Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:56:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:39:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vrruumm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ST DeathGrips Go to Quoted Post

I set up my deadzones for the steering to 3-100 giving me as much room to steer as possible. Ran a 38.3 as improvement from the 38.4 on the standard controller settings. I don't see a 38.2 unless I have hours to spend perfecting Turn 1, the place where I lose all my time.

I managed a 38.2 on a wheel but It feels like I’ve cheated as I never use it with forza
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:14:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
The other challenge is just horrible due to how T10 designed the track. You have to crash into the tire barriers on purpose to give you more room in succeeding laps. Track limits? Never heard of. I am now on a "clean" 09:5xx but it just doesn't feel right.

The T10 track limits will be the same for all competitors so just knock those tyres down and give it your best.

If T10 do change the track limits, which I wish they would do on a number of tracks, they will not reset the leaderboards which kind of makes a mockery of hot lapping/ rivals.
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:56:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BARNYCULL Go to Quoted Post

The T10 track limits will be the same for all competitors so just knock those tyres down and give it your best.

If T10 do change the track limits, which I wish they would do on a number of tracks, they will not reset the leaderboards which kind of makes a mockery of hot lapping/ rivals.

They can't change the track limits for Turn 7 because the inner line is used by the Classic track layout (in FM7 all track variations share the same track limits, hence the need for walls/tyre barriers to block off portions un-used by that layout). What needs to be done is the tyre barrier needs to either be made solid, or hitting it gives you a dirty lap regardless (this might cause problems as loose tyres on the track after an earlier hit might also dirty laps).
#89 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:33:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

They can't change the track limits for Turn 7 because the inner line is used by the Classic track layout (in FM7 all track variations share the same track limits, hence the need for walls/tyre barriers to block off portions un-used by that layout). What needs to be done is the tyre barrier needs to either be made solid, or hitting it gives you a dirty lap regardless (this might cause problems as loose tyres on the track after an earlier hit might also dirty laps).

The Indy layouts are all very weird, there's one corner with a double strip, I think in the Classic layout. Always miss that corner.

I haven't seen how the trick is done but in professional racing there's at least the case of Monaco where you must graze the guard rails at specific points to hit lap records, so...

In the last Bounty Hunter, Tanner grazed the walls at some spots. I beat him regardless, but it's noteworthy.

If you go through the wall, then there's a problem. A big one. :D

Edited by user Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:34:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#90 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:15:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

The Indy layouts are all very weird, there's one corner with a double strip, I think in the Classic layout. Always miss that corner.

I haven't seen how the trick is done but in professional racing there's at least the case of Monaco where you must graze the guard rails at specific points to hit lap records, so...

In the last Bounty Hunter, Tanner grazed the walls at some spots. I beat him regardless, but it's noteworthy.

There are numerous tracks where grazing a wall won't dirty your lap. Most of the tracks have very reasonable track limits. Some close to real life, and some less lenient (Le Mans Full comes to mind), but the INDY GP track is just laughable. I personally wasn't aware of just how bad this track was, and what the tire wall exploits were, that everyone was talking about until I started this event.

On this particular track it isn't a question of morality. Running this track without blasting thru walls of tires would be like entering a race and filling your car with lots of ROCKS and BOULDERS giving everyone your racing against a significant leg-up on you.

I personally will remain clean for as long as possible, but like PJTierney said "Playing to Win" is also in the spirit of competition. I won't say all because I haven't watched all of them, but most of the top lap times demonstrate players going Full On Horizon Cross Country Style ramming right thru the piles of tires. At what point does this keep a player from possibly winning a specific prize. Would it be a moral victory if a said player beats them without Horizoning the tire walls. I guess you could say so, but at the cost of running a lot of extra laps and possibly frustrating themselves with the game.

Like I said I will choose to not Horizon the tire piles at full ramming speed, but if it starts getting tight I may "Play to Win". I am not extremely fast, but I am not so slow that I feel I need to cut corners. Let's just hope the Bounties follow suit and keep it on the track. If they don't I may have to as well.

Which begs the question has TURN 10 made any further announcements as to what will be considered clean or dirty. I made light of this before earlier in the thread after seeing ManteoMax's disclaimer
Grand Prix Circuit: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
•Division = Indycar, Rental Only (Homologated)

•Restrictions = No Friction Assist

•Track: Indy GP
Note: Unless Mechberg states otherwise, what the game considers clean is a clean lap.

For those who already made their way thru the tires, if TURN 10 decides to invalidate their lap times, what happens? Are they wiped from the leaderboard? If not, setting a faster time with their current GamerTag would be next to impossible. So in essence they would be disqualified, barring setting another time with a different GamerTag, which would be pointless tying those prizes to a different game save.
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:21:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChristinaRacing Go to Quoted Post

There are numerous tracks where grazing a wall won't dirty your lap. Most of the tracks have very reasonable track limits. Some close to real life, and some less lenient (Le Mans Full comes to mind), but the INDY GP track is just laughable. I personally wasn't aware of just how bad this track was, and what the tire wall exploits were, that everyone was talking about until I started this event.

On this particular track it isn't a question of morality. Running this track without blasting thru walls of tires would be like entering a race and filling your car with lots of ROCKS and BOULDERS giving everyone your racing against a significant leg-up on you.

I personally will remain clean for as long as possible, but like PJTierney said "Playing to Win" is also in the spirit of competition. I won't say all because I haven't watched all of them, but most of the top lap times demonstrate players going Full On Horizon Cross Country Style ramming right thru the piles of tires. At what point does this keep a player from possibly winning a specific prize. Would it be a moral victory if a said player beats them without Horizoning the tire walls. I guess you could say so, but at the cost of running a lot of extra laps and possibly frustrating themselves with the game.

Like I said I will choose to not Horizon the tire piles at full ramming speed, but if it starts getting tight I may "Play to Win". I am not extremely fast, but I am not so slow that I feel I need to cut corners. Let's just hope the Bounties follow suit and keep it on the track. If they don't I may have to as well.

Which begs the question has TURN 10 made any further announcements as to what will be considered clean or dirty. I made light of this before earlier in the thread after seeing ManteoMax's disclaimer
Grand Prix Circuit: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
•Division = Indycar, Rental Only (Homologated)

•Restrictions = No Friction Assist

•Track: Indy GP
Note: Unless Mechberg states otherwise, what the game considers clean is a clean lap.

For those who already made their way thru the tires, if TURN 10 decides to invalidate their lap times, what happens? Are they wiped from the leaderboard? If not, setting a faster time with their current GamerTag would be next to impossible. So in essence they would be disqualified, barring setting another time with a different GamerTag, which would be pointless tying those prizes to a different game save.

This is gonna be bad since I doubt the Bounties will even consider using this trick in the event, but lots of people are gonna win the prizes by using it.

As for the actual event itself, I put myself at Top 4% in the oval. That's a good start. Oval is a much better track, amazingly enough!

My current time at the GP track is 1:11.9 or something. It's one of my worst tracks, sadly. :(

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:36:38 PM(UTC)

This is gonna be bad since I doubt the Bounties will even consider using this trick in the event, but lots of people are gonna win the prizes by using it.

As for the actual event itself, I put myself at Top 4% in the oval. That's a good start. Oval is a much better track, amazingly enough!

My current time at the GP track is 1:11.9 or something. It's one of my worst tracks, sadly. :(

I second that for the Oval. I can lose track of time there, running lap after lap. I find it relaxing and my wrists don't hurt after running a lot of laps.

P.S. Watch the QUOTE TRAINS or we will get hollered at by the MODS. LOL
 3 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:20:16 PM(UTC)
The rules of the game are thus:

Knock down the tyres and get dirty on your opening lap which is wasted anyway.
Every other run through is then clean.

T10 have designed it as such and as such its not cheating.

Either play by the game's rules, but do not call people cheating for what the game deems clean. Your moral justification as to why you're slower doesnt count.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#94 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:13:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

Either play by the game's rules, but do not call people cheating for what the game deems clean. Your moral justification as to why you're slower doesnt count.

I just have to know where exactly someone or anyone for that matter said anybody was "CHEATING" . If you are directing this post at me, without specifically saying so, please feel free to clarify. Whether or not that is the case, only you would know the answer. If you were addressing me, you may want to take the time and actually read my post again "Word for Word".

I am gonna assume that your were, just for the sake of saying, I absolutely don't need any kind of justification for being BLISTERING fast then if I choose to completely throw out the window, the way in which this track was meant to be ran in the first place.

My current time on the INDY OVAL 0.38.278 #31 in North America #81 in the World. I haven't even dug my heels into the Grand Prix Circuit yet.

You kind of missed the point anyways of my post and others talking about the same thing, if that's the conclusion that you have drawn.

1 user liked this post.
#95 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:20:27 PM(UTC)
We may be in trouble after today's race; he may want redemption, same track even.
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:26:28 PM(UTC)
I was referring not you, but in general of the tone of posts..

However, given your response...

If the shoe fits you lace that sucker up.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#97 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:41:40 PM(UTC)
Not put a lot of time into these yet, tbh I’ve never found Oval racing to be very interesting. The Grand Prix circuit on the other hand is quite a challenge. I probably should’ve started with knocking down the tyres because trying it after 50 laps or so, I just find it very off putting having them strewn all over the track, LoL!!! Current times:

Brickyard - 38.569 / top 14%

Grand Prix - 1:11.413 / top 5%

**edit** The only car I would really like to get from the list is the 2012 Challenger as I’ve got a specific paint for it from FM4 days so I’ve added Wickens6. Probably won’t pick this up again until he’s set a time…

Edited by user Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:48:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
 3 users liked this post.
#98 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 11:18:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

This is what a gamer would say... but not a racer.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 5 users liked this post.
#99 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 11:27:47 PM(UTC)

This is what a gamer would say... but not a racer.

It's a good thing this is a video game, then, or else he'd look foolish, eh?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 4 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 12:24:27 AM(UTC)
Haters: "Hey T10 can you stop restricting content behind these pointless rivals challenges?"

T10: "You got it bud."

*Holds RC rivals with 5 rewards*

Haters: "No no no!! I said STOP with the exclusive rewards!"

T10: "Oh you right fam. My bad."

*Holds Indycar rivals with 16 rewards*
14 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error