14 Pages<<121314Prev
#326 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:11:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Not quite over yet but you would be hoping they wont come back and set a quicker time in the next 20 hours or so or however long is left

Indeed I am hoping Josef is done! How long is left? I thought it ends at midnight PST/PDT (they usually do). In about 3-4 hours time.

I have a few hundredths on the oval and a tenth or two on GP over Josef. Not sure about getting more out of the oval but the GP track I dropped a 1:08.3 yet dirtied it on the grass though the last corner. Might have to get back in there and make it stick! It's the 2014 SS that I'm really after though. Astronaut is nothing compared to my Creeper suit :p
#327 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:24:40 PM(UTC)
After I chased Josef through the tyres I thought, oh well. It's gloves off then. I have found this to be quite tricky however, especially with tyres scattered all over the place. Ha!

What I did when I got in the low 1.08's was clear the tyres strategically so they were not scattered everywhere. That made a huge difference as when you hit one of them, it could unsettle the car. Having the clear path really made a huge difference and I reckon a high 1.07 is possible for me. Anyone having issues with the last corner, if running a bit high/wide, short shift into 4th and you can get away with not lifting.

Damn dust you are very good through the last sector. I have been following you and learning a lot. Nice driving!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:25:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#328 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:22:00 PM(UTC)
Thanks.

I cant get turn 3 right. :( The exit from that turn is the major time sink. More so than the tyres.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#329 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:29:38 AM(UTC)
It's amazing how tweaking the controller settings can make such a huge difference on the oval.

I was stuck in the 38.6xx range, my goal was to beat Johniwanna's current time, after tweaking the deadzone on the steering I beat his time on my 3rd or 4th lap. I wish I had done that sooner as I do feel I could shave a little off my time but I don't think I will have enough time given the event ends today (if it hasn't already). Ah well I am happy with top 12% if I am honest the only car I really want is the Mini FE which I believe is the top 50% reward.

#330 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:10:23 AM(UTC)
I know it's within the rules, but slightly frustrated with the late time settings/improvements of the IndyCar drivers. Makes it annoying when you think you have a prize/beaten the star then they improve with little/no time left for you to improve.
#331 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:29:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TearierMist5047 Go to Quoted Post
I know it's within the rules, but slightly frustrated with the late time settings/improvements of the IndyCar drivers. Makes it annoying when you think you have a prize/beaten the star then they improve with little/no time left for you to improve.

Hinchcliffe and Daly set their final times more than three weeks ago.

Newgarden set his final times two weeks ago.

Then, Wickens did set his first and final times only yesterday, but the rewards for beating him are:
- a driver gear suit
- a car that was already offered in April (Leagues participation reward)

I don't think there's a lot to complain about...

Edited by user Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:37:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#332 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:15:09 PM(UTC)
I was wondering about this. I went to Indy for the race and only got back this weekend. I set some times before I left and was hoping they would be okay. I expected the drivers to improve their times and was hoping I'd get home in time to beat them. I'm surprised the drivers' times didn't improve and that I'm ahead of all of them on the oval and all but Josef Newgarden on the GP course. I did improve my GP time last weekend after getting back to get ahead of Hinchcliffe.
#333 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 6:01:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
June 8 gifts

Players who participated in the ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge Rivals events between May 11 and June 7 received up to 16 rewards in their Message Center on June 8th. See the event thread for leaderboard times.

Cars:
1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato (beat James Hinchcliffe in the Indy Brickyard event)
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe (beat Conor Daily in the Indy GP event)
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport (beat Josef Newgarden in the Indy Brickyard event)
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 Forza Edition (participation in the Indy Brickyard event)
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (beat Robert Wickens in the Indy GP event)
2013 Mazda MX-5 (top 10% in the Indy GP event)
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe Forza Edition (top 50% in the Indy GP event)
1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition (top 50% in the Indy Brickyard event)
2015 Nissan IDx NISMO (top 10% in the Indy Brickyard event)
1980 Subaru BRAT GL Forza Edition (participation in the Indy GP event)

Driver Gear:
Autocrat (top 25% in the Indy GP event)
Astronaut Classic (beat Josef Newgarden in the Indy GP event)
Brooklands (beat James Hinchcliffe in the Indy GP event - the prize list calls this "Vintage Driver Cravat")
Firefighter Tan (beat Conor Daly in the Indy Brickyard event)
Fleek (beat Robert Wickens in the Indy Brickyard event)
Mime (top 25% in the Indy Brickyard event)

#334 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 12:34:47 AM(UTC)
Got all my rewards, thanks 👍🏾

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#335 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:15:36 AM(UTC)
Got all 16 rewards as well!
Funny how I beat Josef with only 0.009 in both events. Winning is winning XD
14 Pages<<121314Prev

Notification

Icon
Error