14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#276 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 8:27:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
Went back to the oval,did better,KTVDS and Alan JT,you got some work to do,lol.

I spent an Hour chassing Dusty with no improvemens I will live with my time in the top 3% for the Oval and about time you Pulled ya finger out and got ahead of me, was starting to think your were under the weather or something. Now Im just waiting for X1 Two to get a move on and pass me on the oval As I normaly use one of you two as a rival to chase as you Both use Auto.
 1 user liked this post.
#277 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 11:39:30 AM(UTC)

Ok it's on now! 😏🏎️

🇨🇦
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#278 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 11:45:28 AM(UTC)
I'm just waiting for the official announcement of the end of these events. Then I'll throw down number 1 times on both.
#279 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 11:47:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Pharsalus;926212]

<really_old_guy_mode>Ah, the good old days of using a joystick on the PC which gave both lightning reflexes and precision</really_old_guy_mode>

Oh well, it was nice trying. Keeps the game alive.

Well you could just buy one then as they do sell them See Thrustmaster VG Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS One - Xbox One

Thanks, I didn't realize they still made 'm.
In my favorite webshop, it doesn't shop up on the first few pages being drowned out by different controllers and wheels, but they do have it :)

[Edit]
Checking the internet, I have some serious doubts about being able to use a joystick in this game. All references I found are about problems with a joystick (not always clear xbox/PC) and no one being able to help or indicate it works for them. So it's regrettable, but I'm going to pass on spending €80 for a probably not

Edited by user Friday, June 1, 2018 3:04:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#280 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 1:16:14 PM(UTC)
So according the WIR just published this event finishes on July 7. Is this correct or is it a typo and mean to be June 7 as the ending date?
#281 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 1:17:06 PM(UTC)
Probably a typo.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#282 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 1:26:14 PM(UTC)
In the last paragraph of the WIR it says "Finally, tune in to our weekly episode of #ForzaFriday, which kicks off at 3 p.m. today on Mixer and Twitch. We’ll be taking a last stab at the IndyCar Bounty Hunter events,..." so July 7 is probably a typo.

Edited by user Friday, June 1, 2018 1:26:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#283 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 5:53:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Ok it's on now! 😏🏎️

Okay nvm, I can't stand to drive in circles anymore. I bow out with a .346, well fought Mr. TREX!

No Chevy SS for me.. 😞

🇨🇦
#284 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 5:58:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post
In the last paragraph of the WIR it says "Finally, tune in to our weekly episode of #ForzaFriday, which kicks off at 3 p.m. today on Mixer and Twitch. We’ll be taking a last stab at the IndyCar Bounty Hunter events,..." so July 7 is probably a typo.

They've updated the article.
https://www.forzamotorsp...et/en-us/news/wir_6_1_18
Forza Week in Review 6-1-18 wrote:
It’s almost time to bid a fond farewell to our IndyCar Challenge events in Forza Motorsport 7. With last weekend’s running of the Indy 500, the drivers are moving on to the rest of their real-world racing season. The competition over the past few weeks has been fantastic, resulting in our most popular Bounty Hunter event to date.

The IndyCar Challenge events ends on June 7 and, unless any of the IndyCar drivers make a final leaderboard stand before then, here are the final standings of our IndyCar drivers across both events:
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#285 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 7:11:56 PM(UTC)

Okay nvm, I can't stand to drive in circles anymore. I bow out with a .346, well fought Mr. TREX!

No Chevy SS for me.. 😞

It's amazing how one little slip messes everything up. I hit .349, came within .002 of beating that time, and I was .021 ahead of that lap time at the halfway point...
 2 users liked this post.
#286 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 9:12:09 AM(UTC)
I think I've hit the wall (figuratively). I can't break 38.338. I only accomplished this by chasing my own Ghost which was 38.345. I used all the advice from this thread which got me from 43% to 2%. Thanks to HotRockin and others for great advice but I think I'm tapped out. Just can't find the special line or secret to breaking into to 1 percentile. I'm convinced it all comes down to ones ability to hold 238 mph without dropping to 237 mph. I can hold 237 but get nervous when I hit 238 and over compensate (236). I choke I and lose 2 mph.

Good event though. Captured my attention for a months worth of weekends. Bring on LeMans!
 1 user liked this post.
#287 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 10:37:39 AM(UTC)
My my it's crowded in here!
Managed to squeeze out about .075s and made a jump from 15% to 6%!
(Nobody tell the others!)
#288 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:22:22 PM(UTC)
Finally the done oval earlier on ( for the time being ) at 38.278.

Tried hundred of laps with controller first but just couldn't set constant times that were anywhere near close enough, so dug out wheel setup and did it in about 10 laps.

Wheel setup defiantly seems gives you major advantage to the steering and throttle input that is required.

Edited by user Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:23:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#289 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:26:31 PM(UTC)

Ok it's on now! 😏🏎️

No Chevy SS for me.. 😞
Was hard,sometimes it rev limited at 237 sometimes 238,wheel and peddles sure help.

1 user liked this post.
#290 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 7:25:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

No Chevy SS for me.. 😞

It's amazing how one little slip messes everything up. I hit .349, came within .002 of beating that time, and I was .021 ahead of that lap time at the halfway point...

It really is. One small twitch of the joystick and the entire lap is gone. Been through that way too many times, even when beating JN in the first turns. 😒

Was hard,sometimes it rev limited at 237 sometimes 238,wheel and peddles sure help.

I bet they do!! 😤

🇨🇦
#291 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 1:26:51 AM(UTC)
Ran 84 laps and finally put together a 38.257 that I hope will keep me ahead of them.
Taped the right trigger down, set the e-brake to A with sim steering and fuel & tire wear.
Tapped the e-brake so I would cross S/F at 235 and allow me to I focus solely on my line through 1 and 2. Two quick taps of the e-brake as I reached the T3 grandstands and focused on my line through 3 and 4.
I really hope none of the IndyCar drivers improve their times on the oval. I'm not sure if I've got anything left.
 1 user liked this post.
#292 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 2:03:59 AM(UTC)
Has Wickens set a time yet lol
Maybe i will beat one of them ☺☺
 1 user liked this post.
#293 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 6:11:58 AM(UTC)

I spent an Hour chassing Dusty with no improvemens I will live with my time in the top 3% for the Oval and about time you Pulled ya finger out and got ahead of me, was starting to think your were under the weather or something. Now Im just waiting for X1 Two to get a move on and pass me on the oval As I normaly use one of you two as a rival to chase as you Both use Auto.

I would love to but I don't think I have it in me. I don't like to do more than ten laps in any rival.
#294 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 6:32:43 AM(UTC)
I did the Oval for me and my son and he helped me on the other track. A fine collaboration, although not top notch, but both comfortably in the top 10% . When I first read about this competition I thought OMG, but it has turned out to be better than expected. And now for the prices....
#295 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 6:49:28 AM(UTC)
Well finally put some laps on the road course, without smashing tyres I managed to beat new garden with a mid 9, was sitting in 200 odd on the LB then decided to smash one of the tyre walls to try break into the 8s but couldn't do it. 9.1 I'm at atm, I wish I could get my ghost working so I can figure out where I'm losing time, I'm close but I'm still about 1 second off dusts pace.
#296 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 7:29:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Well finally put some laps on the road course, without smashing tyres I managed to beat new garden with a mid 9, was sitting in 200 odd on the LB then decided to smash one of the tyre walls to try break into the 8s but couldn't do it. 9.1 I'm at atm, I wish I could get my ghost working so I can figure out where I'm losing time, I'm close but I'm still about 1 second off dusts pace.

Try turning ghost off then back on while on track, worked for me and a friend
#297 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 7:47:45 AM(UTC)
Yes!
Chasing the ghost of dust really helped on the oval.

On the circuit only have Newgarden to beat of the target times.
But unless they do a driver gear where the guys wears a T-shirt that says: "I beat Newgarden in the BH challenge and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" I don't think I will go for it.

Edited by user Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:00:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#298 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 8:35:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

I would love to but I don't think I have it in me. I don't like to do more than ten laps in any rival.

Oh wow I finally beat you in a Rivals event 😲😵 I am just going to see if Hell has frozen over or not back soon I hope, or am I all ready there 🤔🤔
#299 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:38:57 AM(UTC)
Still so near yet so far on both events.. On a mid 1:12 on the indy GP track and 38.9 on the oval. After the (very annoying) final chicane on the GP track what is the best way line/gear to exit and take the final corner onto the pit straight? Reckon I'm losing 4 tenths on that alone as I can't find the sweet spot. Shall try again later on tonight and see if I can get further up the leaderboards.
#300 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 12:12:18 PM(UTC)
Well, currently I sit at 14/16 rewards. Too bad that the only one I really want is the Classic Astronaut. And that's not happening.
14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error