14 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext
#251 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 2:15:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELIM0N 007 Go to Quoted Post
[Because probably no one feels like this is actually a race. There are 3 cuts in the track so it's more about knowing the cuts and getting them right vs. actually using all your skill to beat everyone else. Now if the cuts were off limits then it would probably be a different story but I know that's the very reason why I'm not doing it. Sometimes I had gripes with tracks like these but this one is so high up on the offender list that it's disgusting.

I don't see that it makes much difference, really. All the tracks have an invisible clean/dirty boundary that you have to learn by trial and error then drive to. So we're all driving to the same track either way, except for people who are self-imposing additional restrictions rather than just driving to the track limits. The oval limits are reasonably matched to the visible track features, but the same driver is still #1, and Josef is still in a similar position on the leaderboard. The people I mentioned who don't appear to be bothering with it aren't bothering with the oval either.
 2 users liked this post.
#252 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 9:45:50 PM(UTC)
Did the oval today. Aversion averted!

#13 38.196

Easiest thing I found was to hold 237, 238 if you could. Car tops out at 239.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#253 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 5:03:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Did the oval today. Aversion averted!

#13 38.196

Easiest thing I found was to hold 237, 238 if you could. Car tops out at 239.

....👍 Wow! GREAT job Dust!

Amazed you found it very easy to control your speed at 237-238, that has been the hardest for me (using controller) and just need 0:00.002 to catch Hinchcliffe and 0:00.027 to catch JN. Any tips!!!

PRKid

Edited by user Sunday, May 27, 2018 5:15:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#254 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 5:15:47 PM(UTC)
the line through turn 1 and 2 matters most. Turns 3 and 4 take as tight as you can. If you make any smoke from any tyre, you scrubbed way to much and the lap is done.

Unlike other posts, I left all my deadzones at 0-100 on the wheel including pedals so with all that travel it made it quite easy to back off just enough to hold those speeds without watching rpm's via telemetry etc.

If you cant hold it, briefly dropping throttle and getting hard back on it will also work but this will take more practice. In this method as soon as you see 238 appear back off and get back on straight away.
You scrub speed very quickly with throttle alone.
Entry into turns 1 and 2 wrong and you will easy drop .5 without even thinking about it. It will happen that quick.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#255 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:35:21 PM(UTC)
the line through turn 1 and 2 matters most. Turns 3 and 4 take as tight as you can. If you make any smoke from any tyre, you scrubbed way to much and the lap is done.

Unlike other posts, I left all my deadzones at 0-100 on the wheel including pedals so with all that travel it made it quite easy to back off just enough to hold those speeds without watching rpm's via telemetry etc.

If you cant hold it, briefly dropping throttle and getting hard back on it will also work but this will take more practice. In this method as soon as you see 238 appear back off and get back on straight away.
Entry into turns 1 and 2 wrong and you will easy drop .5 without even thinking about it. It will happen that quick.

I've taken a break for the last week or so, think it might be time to go back and have another go at the oval again. Initially I was using the blipping-throttle method to avoid hitting the limiter but I was finding that holding partial throttle seemed to be faster even though it didn't actually affect my displayed speed too much (I use km/h too), but turn-in on T1 and T3 is definitely what is killing me mainly because I'm concentrating on not hitting the limiter, with the blipping it's normally the 3rd or 4th blip happening right before the line turns in so I always just miss it
#256 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:10:51 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the tips D2D! Will be giving it another shot in a day or so.

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#257 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 6:26:36 AM(UTC)

Dust not only are you one of the fastest friends I have but you always try to help others become faster as well....Thanks!
#258 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 9:56:47 AM(UTC)
I'm in Indianapolis. I came here for the race and watched it from the stands in Turn 4. Congratulations to Will Power on his victory. He also won the Indy GP two weeks ago.

I learned something new about the track on carb day (the Friday before the race). The north end of the track is slightly higher than the south side. This means you are going uphill down the back stretch and downhill on the front stretch. This is a very slight uphill /downhill but according to the track announcers it makes a difference. There is a creek that runs beside the track. It flows from north to south. So it makes sense that the track would be slightly higher on the north side.

I'm wondering if this slight uphill is in the game. I noticed when setting my lap times that I more often hit the rev limiter entering turn 1 than turn 3. I assumed this was because I wanted to start the lap well and would push too hard entering turn 1 and if I had a good lap going I didn't want to screw it up and made sure I didn't hit the rev limiter enter turn 3.

I'm not sure why I hit the rev limiter more in turn 1. I would like to think it was because the game has track correct.

Note: My best time on the oval is 38.281. I'm ahead of Josef Newgarden. I hope I stay there.
#259 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 12:41:29 PM(UTC)
Took a break for a few days so I could enjoy a nice relaxing weekend. Ran about 30 laps on the GP circuit and lowered my time down to a 1:09.641. I had the same displayed time on the oval as Josef but I must be a tenthousandth or two behind him since I'm still behind him on the LB. Switched back to normal steering to see if the would help me scrub less speed on turn in but I left damage set to Fuel and Tires. About 25-26 laps in I finally set at 38.279 to get ahead of Newgarden.

I started pulsing the throttle before T1 and T3 to avoid hitting the limiter. Three lifts starting right after S/F to turn in. Two to three lifts starting just before the T3 grandstand. I try my best to get into a rhythm with the pulses and turn in. If I do it well I can stay just about even with JSR Rayzer into turn 1 and only be 3/4 of a car length behind Rayzer exiting T2. I know I've still got some work to do.

Josef was #391 on the oval and #401 on the GP circuit when I finished my laps. My gut tells me he's going to give it one more shot before the end of the week. Hopefully he chooses to work on his GP time as, IMHO, he'll find tenths more easily.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#260 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 3:29:54 PM(UTC)
Made it to top 3%, 38.377, missed breaking it by .002... I think I've done as good as I can here.

The bounty times are a bit confusing as there are top player times, followed by 4 other times and it says hinchcliffe hasn't set a time, so it displays a total of 5 times, and one not set, but top players plus 4 bounties is 5 times.
#261 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 5:37:46 PM(UTC)
After looking again, I'm guessing the 5th time is what it took to be top 10%, which of course has changed.
#262 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:56:29 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know when this event ends? That is one thing that has always bothered me about all the RIvals events, we rarely ever know when they end. The Forzathon's, Specialty Car Dealers, Auctions, etc. all show in game how many days/hours left. Why can't the same be done for the Rivals events? It would also be great to have the ability to see how many Rivals events you posted top 10% or Top 5% times in, etc. or have an achievement based on how many Rivals events you achieved Top 5 %, I love the Rivals events, but there are so many little tweaks that would make them so much better (ie online web based leaderboards with filters :)) Thanks!

Edited by user Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:58:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#263 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:29:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DChaps66 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know when this event ends? That is one thing that has always bothered me about all the RIvals events, we rarely ever know when they end. The Forzathon's, Specialty Car Dealers, Auctions, etc. all show in game how many days/hours left. Why can't the same be done for the Rivals events? It would also be great to have the ability to see how many Rivals events you posted top 10% or Top 5% times in, etc. or have an achievement based on how many Rivals events you achieved Top 5 %, I love the Rivals events, but there are so many little tweaks that would make them so much better (ie online web based leaderboards with filters :)) Thanks!

This past Friday, Mechberg said it will likely end either June 5 or 6. Not official yet, though. If so, expect the rivals to set their final times this coming weekend to allow the players a chance to beat them prior to close.

#264 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 4:26:15 PM(UTC)
Slightly bettered my times to 38.407 and 1:11.490.

I swear, I'm exactly 0.12 seconds behind Newgarden on the oval, but I might as well be a minute behind.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#265 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:00:52 PM(UTC)
I finally done it, after 22 laps today: 38:264 on the oval!! It took over 250+ laps and a lot of aggravating moments involving getting 237-238 on the straights without rev banging and trying so much maintain a perfect line through the turns, but now i can relax a bit.

next stop: the GP circuit
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#266 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:50:47 PM(UTC)
Have you seen the replay of the new first in the world on the oval?
It is clear that something goes wrong...
He set an impossible time,I think that it is possible to cancel this event due to a game error.
What do you think about???
#267 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:00:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Salfox69 Go to Quoted Post
Have you seen the replay of the new first in the world on the oval?
It is clear that something goes wrong...
He set an impossible time,I think that it is possible to cancel this event due to a game error.
What do you think about???

Or just disqualify and remove the obviously glitched time
#268 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:51:14 AM(UTC)
Have not played much FM7 lately,did a couple laps on oval,beat mechberg,good enough!!
#269 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:07:10 PM(UTC)
I gave Indy oval another try having read the advice above, but to no avail.
I tried to prevent the engine from blipping, but releasing the throttle often made me lose more speed than blipping did and anyways, going into the turn the speed also dropped below that. The sad truth is that with the miniscule travel of the on/off like switches on the "controller" (well, actually more triple-state), I just can't drive smooth enough to go for a top 10% here. Kudo's to those who can do this with a controller, but I'm not one of them.

<really_old_guy_mode>Ah, the good old days of using a joystick on the PC which gave both lightning reflexes and precision</really_old_guy_mode>

Oh well, it was nice trying. Keeps the game alive.
#270 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:29:24 PM(UTC)
Went back to the oval,did better,KTVDS and Alan JT,you got some work to do,lol.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#271 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:36:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pharsalus Go to Quoted Post

<really_old_guy_mode>Ah, the good old days of using a joystick on the PC which gave both lightning reflexes and precision</really_old_guy_mode>

Oh well, it was nice trying. Keeps the game alive.

Well you could just buy one then as they do sell them See Thrustmaster VG Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS One - Xbox One

#272 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 3:46:11 AM(UTC)
All I want out of this rivals challenge is the Mazda MX-5. I wish the event would end now while I’m still in a position to win it.

The Alfa would be nice but it’s not a must have car for me. I’m finding it hard to get the last 1/10th of a second on the oval to beat Hinchcliffe’s time to win the Alfa. I dislike the GP circuit so I think I’ll focus on the oval for now unless I drop out of the running for MX-5.
Gear head who only uses the Xbox for racing sims. Set up: Xbox One Slim, Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, GT Omega wheel stand.
#273 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 6:14:16 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure how exactly, but after failing to beat Triton and Foust the last two months, I'm ahead of Josef on both tracks, top <1% last time I looked.

I'm sure we'll be back to driving something I don't like as much around a track I hate soon enough, but for this month, I'm pretty happy! (Unless Josef moves back ahead of me in the next few days!)
#274 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 6:41:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ITPRO75 Go to Quoted Post
All I want out of this rivals challenge is the Mazda MX-5. I wish the event would end now while I’m still in a position to win it.

The Alfa would be nice but it’s not a must have car for me. I’m finding it hard to get the last 1/10th of a second on the oval to beat Hinchcliffe’s time to win the Alfa. I dislike the GP circuit so I think I’ll focus on the oval for now unless I drop out of the running for MX-5.

I'm at 11% on the GP track, if as many people would race it, as they have the oval, I'd be under 10% and qualify for that Mazda.
#275 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 8:10:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ITPRO75 Go to Quoted Post

I'm at 11% on the GP track, if as many people would race it, as they have the oval, I'd be under 10% and qualify for that Mazda.

You might end up in the top 10% if the event goes for another 5 or 6 days. I've noticed that my ranking has increased every day since I broke into the 1:12s even if I didn't better my time from the previous day. The leaderboard count for that event has been steadily increasing.
Gear head who only uses the Xbox for racing sims. Set up: Xbox One Slim, Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, GT Omega wheel stand.
14 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error