3 Pages123Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:57:36 PM(UTC)
Multiplayer Leagues: "Storming Motors" Season

Daily Rewards: The daily period typically resets at 5pm Pacific. Your first race of the day earns a 20,000 CR bonus, and first podium finish of the day earns 50,000 CR. You'll also earn CR for increasing your ranking (the number in the upper right corner of the menu, based on points earned or lost from each race).

Series Rewards: Complete a race in any of the events in a series, then return to the menu after the series has ended (5pm Saturdays) to collect the reward. A pop up notice indicates the car will be delivered directly to your garage (or Driver Gear to your menu). Be sure you have fewer than 900 cars in your garage to collect the new one.

Season Reward: Complete any race during the season (any series) to earn the season reward, available when the season ends.

SERIES 1: April 21 - 28
  • Event 01 – Ghost – Modern Hot Hatch
  • Event 02 – Simulation – Formula 70’s
  • Event 03 – Spec Sim – 2017 Acura NSX
  • Event 04 – Drift – S Class
    Series Reward: 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

SERIES 2: April 28 - May 5
  • Event 01 – Ghost – Forza Group Rally
  • Event 02 – Simulation – Sport Compact
  • Event 03 – Spec Ghost – 2003 Renault Clio
  • Event 04 – A Class Cosmetic
    Series Reward: "Crashed, Dummy" suit

SERIES 3: May 5 - 12
  • Event 01 – Ghost – Forza Trophy Trucks
  • Event 02 – Simulation – Early Prototype Racers
  • Event 03 – Spec Cosmetic – Honda Civic FE
  • Event 04 – Drift Ghost – Japan
    Series Reward: 2004 Honda Civic Type-R

SERIES 4: May 12 - 19
  • Event 01 – Ghost – Sport Touring Icons
  • Event 02 – Simulation – Sport GT Icons
  • Event 03 – Spec Sim – Oldsmobile 442
  • Event 04 – ForzaRC – IndyCar, no assists
    Series Reward: "Your Majesty" suit

Season Reward: 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG FE

Previous season: Blazing Motors March 24 - April 21

Reference for newcomers:

Help menu:

Leagues overview www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_12_1_17
Quote:
Forza Motorsport 7 Leagues are organized along scheduled timelines called Seasons. Each League Season will typically be four weeks in duration and each Season will be comprised of four week-long Series. Series are made up of Events – traditional multiplayer race lobbies – that operate under specific rules and use a variety of vehicles, from specific make and model races, to events based around division or class.

Leagues in Forza 7 will organize players along five skill Bands – from “Grassroots” all the way up to “Pinnacle.” Each Band will contain five Ranks – “5” being the lowest and “1” being the highest Rank within a particular Band. Players can move up (or down) in Rank and earn promotion (or demotion) between Bands by earning League Points in races. Players will always know which Band they are in and their current Rank by consulting the main Leagues screen in the game. Here’s an example:

As you can see, the Leagues home screen gives the player a lot of information. On the left side, you’ll see information on the current Season and Series, as well as the current active Events (note that there can be multiple Events open during a particular Series). You’ll also see information on what rewards you can earn for participating in a Series and for participating in the over-arching Season.

On the right side of the screen is information about you, including your current Band and Rank, the number of League Points you have earned in your current Rank, and the total League Points you need to earn to move to the next Rank. As mentioned earlier, you can move between Ranks and Bands. For instance, a Rank 5 player in Grassroots Band might move through to Rank 1 in the Grassroots Band; with enough points, that player could be promoted to the next Band (where she would start at Rank 5 in the new Band). Also, players can move down in both Rank and Band, depending on their performance in Events. That’s where scoring comes into play.

Scoring
After each League race, you’ll earn League Points that will increase (or decrease) your total League Points score. Scoring is calculated across three different areas: Finish Position, Starting Position, and Opponent Skill. As the names imply, Finish and Starting Position award points based on where you start and where you finish, and are scaled by the number of players that you start a race with. If players drop out mid-race, you’ll be awarded the points based on the number of players who were on the grid at the start. In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points payout.

With Opponent Skill scoring, points are awarded to the player based on their Trueskill ranking (a behind-the-scenes rating number) as compared to the rest of the lobby. If a player’s rating is lower than average of the lobby, he’ll receive more points for higher race finishes than he would if his rating was at the average or higher than the average of the lobby.

Matchmaking
We heard loud and clear from League players in Forza 6, who complained about the lack of full lobbies in the upper echelon skill tiers. With Forza 7, each of the Bands will include a higher population of players per Band. By breaking players up into multiple Ranks within those Bands, we’re able to allow more people in, but also settle in to the skill level that is right for them. In terms of Matchmaking, players will first be matched to players in a similar Band and Rank, with players from adjacent Ranks sometimes filling in the gaps.

Rewards
As you can see, Leagues in Forza Motorsport 7 are designed to bring great racing to players of all skill levels. What I’m most excited about is the ways we can reward League players. It starts with credit rewards. Every day you log into Leagues and finish an Event, you’ll be awarded with a daily credit gift. You’ll also earn a credit bonus for your first podium finish of the day. If you’re promoted to another Rank, that’s another credit bonus and, should you move between Bands after an event, you’ll get an even bigger credit bonus. In fact, the higher you go up the Bands, the more credits you can earn for promotion.

It’s not just credits. As you can see from the screen above, we’ll be able to gift League players with awesome rewards, including exclusive cars, player badges, and Driver Gear.

Edited by user Saturday, April 28, 2018 4:19:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:00:39 PM(UTC)
Is that the Honda Fit or another Type-R? I can't tell.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:10:51 PM(UTC)
Uninteresting prizes this time around. I'll get the Charger for the sake of getting it, but the Civic has been added to the Specialty Dealer rotation (if the repeat of the Huayra is any indication) and the FE car is just not a cool one.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:20:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Is that the Honda Fit or another Type-R? I can't tell.

As NightDriver above me posted, it's the EP3 Civic Type-R (2004), the same one that won a Twitter SD poll a while back.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:22:26 PM(UTC)
YESSSSSSS! The 2012 Charger SRT. This is one I have very much been looking forward to.
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:30:07 PM(UTC)
They added drift events to leagues this time around as well.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:02:19 PM(UTC)

Pass zzzzzz
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:18:46 PM(UTC)
'Crashed Dummy' and 'Your Majesty' gear?
Share Code 743 470 966

450,000,000 CR / 51275 FP / 385 SWS / 1880 WS Remaining
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:59:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Edited by user Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:00:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:03:21 PM(UTC)
Hahaha this is one of the first times I'll be seeking the driver gear more than a car, don't like this model of Dodge Charger.

Still happy to see it released, though.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#11 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 1:09:01 AM(UTC)
Il take it all for collection purposes was wondering when this would update nice to see another Forza Edition car up for grabs first time I think this ones been offered if i am not mistaken
#12 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 10:27:43 AM(UTC)
I miss your old format of these posts already.

i.e.

SERIES 1: March 24 - 31
* Event 01 - Ghost - Vintage Sport Compact
* Event 02 - Simulation - Forza GT
* Event 03 - Spec Cosmetic - Lamborghini Diablo SV
Series Reward: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

SERIES 2: March 31 - April 7
* Event 01 - Ghost - Formula E
* Event 02 - Simulation - Rally Heroes
* Event 03 - Spec Sim - Vauxhall Astra VXR
Series Reward: "Crash Dummy" Driver Gear suit

SERIES 3: April 7 - 14
* Event 01 - Ghost - Early Sport Touring
* Event 02 - Simulation - Sport Luxury
* Event 03 - Spec Ghost - Zenvo ST
Series Reward: 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato

SERIES 4: April 14 - 21
* Event 01 - Ghost - Forza P2
* Event 02 - Simulation - Early Sport Luxury
* Event 03 - Spec Cosmetic - Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Series Reward: "Alpha Gear" Driver Gear suit

Season Reward: 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe

Now I’m not calling you lazy, rather I am admitting that I am. I would always cut and paste these posts to a notepad that I keep for easy reference. The pictures do not show the names of the weekly rewards unfortunately.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 10:31:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
YESSSSSSS! The 2012 Charger SRT. This is one I have very much been looking forward to.

Same! I'm so down for the Charger. Hopefully I don't miss it this time like I did with the 2012 Challenger, someone remind me to do a race!

The drift events in Leagues seem pretty neat too. Hopefully my internet can keep it together for longer than 5 minutes so I can give it a go. 🙄

🇨🇦
#14 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 10:36:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PennyWise36One Go to Quoted Post
I miss your old format of these posts already.

heh, sorry, just had a bunch to do and didn't get the full details right away. I'll update the first post before the season starts tomorrow.

#15 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 10:42:56 AM(UTC)
Thanks Max. : )
#16 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:48:53 PM(UTC)

That could actually be fun, at least in the higher Bands where people may give each other enough space to not impede their own runs.

I may give it a go, just to see what cars and tunes people are using. It’s fun to slide a car around sometimes.

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2018 2:50:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: .

#17 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:32:17 AM(UTC)
Formula 70s sim league???? Open wheel for the wreckfest lobby?? Who the hell decides these things?? They really need to lay off the crack
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:05:55 AM(UTC)
-

Edited by user Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:54:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:25:07 AM(UTC)
Sometimes there are 5-10 ghost lobbies in Pinnacle. More than ever before. Sometimes it take me 10 minutes to find my friends since there are so many. I don't see where you are getting always empty, completely not true at all. Some of us like ghost so we can relax and compete without being slammed all over the place in the leagues where half the people in Pinnacle don't really belong there and it is dirty. You may well just go into any hopper, it's the same. How many got promoted from cutting and wrecking? There are 2 ghost lobbies 1 hopper and 1 league I think we can have at least that. I got tired of the P class so I stopped a few days ago and others probably did as well, but there were a lot of lobbies going earlier in the week. Looking forward to the Hot Hatch today. Just because you don't like it does not mean they should get rid of it. I don't like drifting or tag or any of that stuff but I don't advocate getting rid of all drifting and tag lobbies. Niche players should get to enjoy the game as well. You have plenty of choices those who like ghost have 2 and you want to drop it to one. You will just have to wait like I have to wait for a decent ghost league. I would rather have had Formula 70's ghosts but we do not always get what we want do we? They are going through each division one by one it seems in no particular order so it's not always going to be something you like. I like collision racing too but I can only do it for so long and get wrecked so many times before getting very frustrated and moving on the a ghost league or the hopper. That's why they have them

Edited by user Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:44:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:53:18 AM(UTC)
I've never seen a ghost lobby with more than 5 players. usually when i load in it starts a fresh count down cause there was one person by themselves waiting in it.

There is literally no reason for you to want to do ghost racing. you get the exact same experience in free play, but at least then you get to choose your track, and you get to race when you want to. why would you queue up for a ghost race, and wait for the lobby to finish their race when you could have just gone into free play? you literally make no sense.
#21 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:01:13 AM(UTC)
Any chance you could get rid of ghost racing, or at least just in pinnacle league? The ghost lobbies are always empty, it ends up feeling like a waste when a decent division shows up on the ghost league (like P2, sigh). Also could you guys curate the divisions chosen for each week instead of letting them be chosen by algorithm? Or if you already are, can you do a better job so that there's always at least one decent division? There were 3 amazing weeks a month or two ago when we had supercars championship one week, then touring cars the next, and forza gt the third. these lobbies were always full, and it was fantastic racing while they were there, then the following week was rally heroes =\. It just sucks that there's only really one remotely decent league race per week (the non-ghost, non-spec) and it's not even available at all times of the day.

Imo it should be one non-ghost pure-racing-car division (supercars, gt, p1, p2, etc) and one non-ghost street-car division (hot hatch, sport touring, sport luxury, etc). and if you continue to insist on having a spec division, whatever, i can't stop you.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:04:48 AM(UTC)
You can have the same experience with collisions in free play as well. I don't suppose you agree with that. You don't get it, we still compete with each other and no thank you on the free play, I never use that, boring. I like going through all the tracks, racing against other real people not drivatars. Ghost is one of the best ways to put a good time up. It makes me better and I will get a better time on the board with real people and I don't get dive bombed on every corner. Collisions is not racing either with these clueless mongrels, it's dodgeball. I don't understand your wanting to get rid of it. You have a league, I have a league. We don't get to choose the division so you will just have to wait. It is not always going to be what you want. It just sounds like you are impatient. They can add more leagues without removing the ghost league if they want to. I guess they don't. They should provide more choices in leagues I agree, advocate for that. How about 2 ghost divisions per week and 2 collisions per week in addition to the specs? What time are you playing? 4am-8am US Eastern time is not going to get a lot of traffic. That's the one where you would not find many people since it's late here and pretty early in Europe.

Edited by user Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:22:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:23:15 AM(UTC)
I usually race evenings on the west coast of the US. I get that I'm not in a popular time zone for Forza, but when the (one and only) non-ghost lobby has 15-20 players the ghost lobby has 2-5.

And ghost racing isn't racing. it's hot lapping. you're not racing against anybody because you cant bump into anybody. it's not racing unless you have to position your car in a spot where the guy behind you can't pass you. it's not racing if you can just drive through the guy in front of you instead of having to go around. it's exactly the same as free-play, except there's more than one ghost. you can fool yourself into preferring it all you want, but it doesn't make you any less wrong.

I'm not suggesting turn 10 change the game to suit only myself, i'm suggesting they change the game to suit the majority. I understand that I'm only working with my personal anecdotal evidence and that this is all merely my opinion. except for the racing part, ghost racing isn't racing.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:26:57 AM(UTC)
We don't see it that way. In free play I would be by myself even on unbeatable. Competition with people gets better lap times than being alone on the track. Plenty of big names in the ghost lobby. Lots of clubs, racing teams etc... They don't seem to mind. Removing ghost won't bring the people in ghost to the collision lobby. We just wouldn't bother at all

Edited by user Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:31:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:39:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
We don't see it that way. In free play I would be by myself even on unbeatable. Competition with people gets better lap times than being alone on the track. Plenty of big names in the ghost lobby. Lots of clubs, racing teams etc... They don't seem to mind. Removing ghost won't bring the people in ghost to the collision lobby. We just wouldn't bother at all

I am with leetorts on this. If it wasn't for ghost racing, I probably wouldn't enjoy the OMP section of this game near as much.

I just wouldn't bother. It's the jerk factor.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error