This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:38:24 AM(UTC)
So I've just read that on the new update they say they have fixed the menu system.
I have not had a chance to try it yet has anyone else and can you confirm if they are fixed or are still as laggy and slow as they have been from day 1.
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:41:05 PM(UTC)
Nope, still terrible. I just hope it fixed the crashes in multiplayer.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:17:10 PM(UTC)
Yep. It is fixed, partly. Much better, but still not completely lagless.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:05:33 PM(UTC)
There's menu lag? Haven't encountered it.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 4:30:00 AM(UTC)
There's still garage menu lag, yes.
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 7:03:51 AM(UTC)
Oh yeah, the lag is definitely there...at least if you have custom paints on your cars. I really haven't noticed any improvement.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 12:07:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JAR1313 Go to Quoted Post
Nope, still terrible. I just hope it fixed the crashes in multiplayer.

Yeh I played today menu system is still broken and I'm also still getting lag when there's 3 or more cars on screen I've also noticed streamers having it as well.

This game needs so many fixes.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 12:32:42 PM(UTC)
Got in 5 or 6 races last night and noticed a marked improvement with no crashes. But I probably just jinxed it.
 4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 1:05:13 PM(UTC)
Garage menu lag is still not fixed...along with:
Horrible AI in freeplay
Favorite color option (actually it’s gone)
Drivatar liveries in freeplay still don’t show up
Cars still run off track for no reason
Etc
Etc
Etc

I’m hoping FM8 is better, because so far Forza Motorsport is the only series I like, and I get the feeling most of the things people are asking to be fixed will be ignored until the next game. (Don’t like the Forza Horizon series so I’m not including it as the next game)

3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 1:23:26 PM(UTC)
No.

N.O.

They've been writing the same stuff for the past 3 updates or so.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:11:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FIZZBOMB 0 Go to Quoted Post
So I've just read that on the new update they say they have fixed the menu system.
I have not had a chance to try it yet has anyone else and can you confirm if they are fixed or are still as laggy and slow as they have been from day 1.

LOL
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 6:01:18 PM(UTC)
Most lobbies:
60 seconds to 43 seconds. Can't choose car. Can vote to kick players and vote for track.
43 to 0 seconds: attempt to locate car since no favorites option exists. Experience existential crisis as the counter nears 0. Note that loading car models reduces number of cars you can look at. This allows for about 4-5 tab scrolls and listing the manufacturer (maybe)

Hopefully if you've succeeded in picking your car in time, you'll make it to the race (untested, any first-hand reports of waiting past intermission countdown?)
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 7:14:56 PM(UTC)
Got disconnected in league play trying to pick a car. Re-entered and stayed with default to not anger the game a second time. Most notable change for me so far was experiencing lag in race for first time while playing offline. Happened twice while driving road america in lotus gt1 cockpit view on wheel. I used same car/view for remainder of series and didn't continue to be an issue at other tracks but hopefully isn't something that will continue or prove to be widespread occurence.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:00:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
There's menu lag? Haven't encountered it.

Main menu, no.

Garage menu pretty much any way you can access it, yes. Tried freeplay today and it was still slow and laggy.

Multiplayer menu (which you don't play), yes. Got to the point where attempting to select a car or tune was a worthless exercise. It was like having a dial up internet connection because it was so slow. I'm assuming this is the lag that was in the fixes?
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:57:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Garage menu pretty much any way you can access it, yes. Tried freeplay today and it was still slow and laggy.

Haven't noticed. Perhaps there's a threshold of number of cars where it gets particularly bad which I haven't reached. I have noticed thumbnails not loading or loading incorrectly, however.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:23:38 AM(UTC)

Haven't noticed. Perhaps there's a threshold of number of cars where it gets particularly bad which I haven't reached. I have noticed thumbnails not loading or loading incorrectly, however.

Any way you can upload a video of you scrolling through your garage cars very quickly? I have yet to see a garage menu that isn't very laggy and slow. Would actually amaze me.

As for your question, it happens pretty much right away. I remember having the issue when I had 50 cars.

See what you can do about uploading a video. A lot of us find it hard to believe.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:16:19 AM(UTC)
If you're using an original XBOX ONE an external hard drive will improve the situation some. Not perfect but an improvement.
 8 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:53:58 AM(UTC)
I played Forza 6 last night and really enjoy the graphics of menus and screens much better than FM7. I don't need a driver figure dancing around and I don't need a 3D car model in menus either. If the track action is awesome, such as AI in freeplay, then I don't need all of the window dressings, especially when the window dressings, 3D driver and car models, slow the system down. Keep it simple in my opinion.
 3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:32:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MINIFAN67 Go to Quoted Post
I played Forza 6 last night and really enjoy the graphics of menus and screens much better than FM7. I don't need a driver figure dancing around and I don't need a 3D car model in menus either. If the track action is awesome, such as AI in freeplay, then I don't need all of the window dressings, especially when the window dressings, 3D driver and car models, slow the system down. Keep it simple in my opinion.

Yeah, that's my take on the situation. That's why I find it so hard to reason why they let the game out the door in this state.

To answer the OP's question. No...garage menu lag is really no better than since day one. I've also notice a bug between the car displayed and the car that the cursor in the left list is sitting on....they get out of sync by one or two cars depending on which way you are scrolling.

Other bugs have crept in like the black screen bug, but one thing I have not seen in FM7 is that "one" guy who locks up the lobby bug. Nice to seen that gone, but unfortunately, has overshadowed by all the other bugs introduced.

Edited by user Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:38:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 12:50:18 PM(UTC)
If anything the menu lag is even worse now on PC. They were pretty smooth when I selected 60 fps vsync before, but after the patch the menu animations are too choppy.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:00:44 PM(UTC)

It's been happening since the beginning. Even with just a few cars. It loads the 3D cars too slow to keep up with how quickly you scroll across the different car brands in your garage causing you to skip a dealer you aim for if you scroll too fast up and down your car selection. Not a game breaker for me but it is REALLY annoying. The only way you aren't noticing it is if you scroll extremely slow through the cars. As someone else said, I would like to see a video of you scrolling quickly back and forth across the dealers and have zero lag and car loading time. It would be pretty amazing.

2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:15:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post

It's been happening since the beginning. Even with just a few cars. It loads the 3D cars too slow to keep up with how quickly you scroll across the different car brands in your garage causing you to skip a dealer you aim for if you scroll too fast up and down your car selection. Not a game breaker for me but it is REALLY annoying. The only way you aren't noticing it is if you scroll extremely slow through the cars. As someone else said, I would like to see a video of you scrolling quickly back and forth across the dealers and have zero lag and car loading time. It would be pretty amazing.

Sometimes it takes forever for the car list to catch up. Let's say I was looking at Honda's and decide I wanna look at Mazdas. Not only will it take like 15-20 seconds to get to mazda's due to lag, but once I get to mazda, all the pictures on the left are still Honda's for a good 5-10 seconds before they reload to the accurate Mazdas.

Why do you implement a system that the hardware/software can't keep up with? How did they not test this months before release and adjust the garage? Laziness or ignorance?
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:33:39 PM(UTC)
The menu lag is not a limitation of hardware, it seems. Scrolling through the Buy Cars menu results in no lag and cars load very quickly.

However, it seems to me that communication with the cloud is a little faulty in Forza 7, because the cars with the slowest loading times in my garage are the ones with custom designs. Most things in this game are stored in the cloud and the game has to download them to your game for you to use.

Once designs are stored in local memory, they load very quickly. So I believe it's the online code that needs some optimization.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:44:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
The menu lag is not a limitation of hardware, it seems. Scrolling through the Buy Cars menu results in no lag and cars load very quickly.

However, it seems to me that communication with the cloud is a little faulty in Forza 7, because the cars with the slowest loading times in my garage are the ones with custom designs. Most things in this game are stored in the cloud and the game has to download them to your game for you to use.

Once designs are stored in local memory, they load very quickly. So I believe it's the online code that needs some optimization.

Really? My buy cars menu is just as slow as my garage when I quickly try to scroll through them.

#25 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2018 6:20:03 AM(UTC)
Nope ! Not fixed the long menu delays still exist, along with the eternal "black screen of death" I usually take a nap and rest my eyes! Lol!
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error